Announcing : The Workshop 08.04.09

Announcing : The Workshop 08.04.09

Photography

**UPDATE: The Workshop is now sold out. I can’t wait to meet the attendees as I know we’ll have a blast! To sign up for the waiting list, Click Here to complete the form**

To be totally honest, I wasn’t expecting the total wave of support and encouragement in regard to The Workshop. I’ve hosted two photography workshops here in Orange County and I’ve walked away a better photographer because of the many people I’ve encountered, but–more importantly–a better person. I’ve had a total blast teaching, learning, and getting to know my peers that I’m honored to invite you to join me at the next installment of The Workshop.

I’m stoked to announce the next workshop will be Tuesday, August 4, 2009, and will be the last one in Orange County for the year. For more information and registration, click here for the 411. To those of you who have subscribed to my newsletter, I tried sending an email this morning, but have experienced technical difficulties (I was tempted to hoist my computer out the window!), so please forgive me for not providing advance notice.

Again, to the fabulous people who joined me in the past for The Workshop, thank you. I’ve cultivated a deep love for teaching and I’m blessed to share my experiences with people who love photography as much as I do. Hollllla!

Happy Monday!

comments

1. Anne Bünnig -

I wish I lived closer. You don’t plan to host a workshop in Germany any time soon, do you? 😉

I love reading your blog. I am a new reader, but I really enjoy all your words. Thanks for the inspiration!

6.22.09 - 6:25 pm

2. Bobbie Brown -

Oh how I wish I could be there!

6.22.09 - 6:26 pm

3. terri Z -

hi jasmine
    oh if i didn’t already make plans to be in nashville that week !! bummer……..
    the last one in OC this year ? does that mean you may go elsewhere this year ? maybe florida !!??!!! please, oh please !!!!!!
    have a great august workshop – i know it will be fabulous !!!
    terri

6.22.09 - 6:28 pm

4. Catie Ronquillo -

Awww man, I’m going to be in DC that day! I’m going to have to stalk your blog/emails until the next one in 2010. Good thing I do that already 😉 HINT: You should do more 😉 Keep it fabulous!

6.22.09 - 6:28 pm

5. Amanda Picone -

I vote for a workshop in NYC! 🙂 Pretty please??

6.22.09 - 6:29 pm

6. Christine (Artemis Clover Photo) -

aww looks so fun! i wish you offered a scholarship for this… 🙂

6.22.09 - 6:35 pm

7. Tira J -

Yay for "The Workshop"! Jasmine, you are a wonderful teacher, friend, and photographer! Above all, God has given you some true gifts and talents to share with others and I am blessed to have been able to attend your first workshop. I think we should have little reunion for the alumni of the J* workshops in the fall! HOLLLAAA! XOXOXO

6.22.09 - 6:36 pm

8. Charity -

Any one from PA up for a little road trip cross country to attend the work shop with me? Anyone? Anyone?

🙂

6.22.09 - 6:39 pm

9. Amanda Rae -

I want to go again! Can I come to just like help pass out pencils or something?! 😉

6.22.09 - 6:40 pm

10. jamie delaine -

Oh Jasmine you are ridiculous! Aren’t you already run off of your feet enough!? 🙂 Cheers to your success; SO happy to see all the wonderful things God has blessed you in the past two years.

6.22.09 - 6:41 pm

11. Marissa Rodriguez -

Your last one in Orange County for the year!? I wish I could make it! I guess I’ll just have to wait for next year! 🙂 That’s ok, I know it will be worth the wait!

6.22.09 - 6:41 pm

12. Nicole Glenn -

Holla! Registered!!! Wishing on my lucky star that I get in!

6.22.09 - 6:50 pm

13. kay* -

hmmm…when you say your "last workshop in OC this year" does this mean that you may be doing one outside of OC? I’m in Toronto but would be willing to go to NYC – or perhaps you’d come to Toronto?!?!

6.22.09 - 6:55 pm

14. chelsea McGowan -

When I called my dear husband screaming that I HAD to go to the OC for this workshop, he reminded me that we’d be in Vegas. Darn the luck.

But wherever else in the world you go, I will definitely try to hit the next one. And, not that I’m biased or anything, but we’d LOVE to host you in the Dallas area! 😉

6.22.09 - 7:08 pm

15. Lydia -

Oh, I would so sign up to come again! Does this mean The Workshop 2.0 may be coming out this fall? Pretty please!!

6.22.09 - 7:12 pm

16. Manuella -

OOO I so want to do one of your workshops and hopefully one of these times I’ll be able to afford to. In the meantime, if you ever want to do a workshop here in T.O. I would definitely host it for ya.

6.22.09 - 7:24 pm

17. Jaleen -

AWESOME, I just registerd……I hope there’s still one spot left for a girl from Canada…

6.22.09 - 7:27 pm

18. Lacy Dagerath -

I am SO excited to be joining you for your workshop!! My Birthday is the 11th!! So I’m gonna make it a little vacation! 😀 Happy Birthday to ME! 🙂 I bought your workshop for my b-day present! Woo! See you in August!

6.22.09 - 7:29 pm

19. leahmiranda -

ok so seriously you must come to Florida to have a workshop! it’s wonderful down here and all us Floridians just love you!!! PLEASE?!

6.22.09 - 7:35 pm

20. Ana Contreras -

Aww I wish I had seen this earlier 🙁
    Hopefully I can make it to the next ones…….

6.22.09 - 8:00 pm

21. lroah -

So bummed I didn’t see this – I would have signed up, and now it is sold out. 🙁 I am right up the road, so if you do have a cancellation, let me know, and I can be there last minute!!!!!

6.22.09 - 8:02 pm

22. Onsite Minnesota Photography -

I love that middle photo. Perfect color, sharpness, and framing.

6.22.09 - 8:08 pm

23. Meegan -

soooo stoked to be coming to this workshop!!!

6.22.09 - 8:27 pm

24. jeramy -

you know what i’m going to say….right?

6.22.09 - 8:34 pm

25. Meghan -

SOMEDAY I will be able to afford to go!! Maybe in another year or so, please puhleeeaase keep doing workshops! I can’t wait to attend one day. You are always so generous with your knowledge and it helps us newbies greatly!

6.22.09 - 8:43 pm

26. Darrell Brock -

Congrats on all of your success! Now it’s time for you to visit the East Coast and run a workshop. Come to Charleston, SC and we can host you at our condo right on the beach and introduce you to fried foods and humidity. : )

6.22.09 - 8:45 pm

27. Stephanie Stewart -

Congrats for filling up another Workshop! Totally envious of this next group as well! That’s so awesome that you teach as well as inspire, all while learning more yourself! That’s what it’s all about! So happy for you!

6.22.09 - 8:46 pm

28. Jen Schleicher -

I leave my computer alone for one minute and THIS happens! Signed up for waiting list and am crossing my fingers 🙂

6.22.09 - 9:15 pm

29. Spring -

What? I missed another one! I read your blog like 4 times a day…how did I miss it again! Have you thought about writing a book, or maybe do a workshop on dvd???
    *hint hint hint*

6.22.09 - 9:25 pm

30. Candice & Daniel {The Beautiful Mess} -

i missed it. boo. girl…we’ll host an east coast workshop for you! 🙂

miss your face. take it easy girl!

6.22.09 - 9:55 pm

31. Amanda -

bummer for me 🙁

6.22.09 - 10:12 pm

32. Erica -

Should I make everyone jealous and say I got the last spot!? No words for how excited I am! This is going to be beyond amazing!!!

6.22.09 - 10:17 pm

33. Michelle Parish -

Do you think that you might ever come to New Orleans to teach a workshop? We have a fabulous city full of charming buildings and dreamy backdrops full of moss covered oaks hundreds of years old. To see a sample of a pristine setting please see my friend Amee’s blog and my niece’s pictures (Orissa). To see a sample of our beautiful landscape and my gorgeous niece go to ameesorensen,blogspot.com

Oh, we also have these really cool cemetaries which are all above ground due to the fact that New Orleans is 30 feet below see level. So this is my official invitation to invite you to the "City That Care Forgot" and see some of your fans from the south!

Michelle
    NOLA

6.22.09 - 10:34 pm

34. Cathy Crawley -

Look how fast these things sell out! People just love you 🙂

6.22.09 - 11:00 pm

35. michelle white -

oh no!!! please say it ain’t so!!! please tell me it’s sold out? I know i’m on the mailing list but i never got an email…i know you said you were having technical difficulties but please say it ain’t so….. 🙁

6.23.09 - 12:20 am

36. Cristen -

I know the workshop will be a blast! 🙂 I am so excited for all of those who are going to attend!! 🙂

6.23.09 - 1:25 am

37. Jennifer Lamy (Zenobia Studios) -

Keep up the fabulous work!!!

6.23.09 - 1:43 am

38. cassandra m -

I seriously gots to get my mojo back on track. 🙁 But CONGRATS to those lucky peeps who register…and congrats for another super fast sell out girl. know you will rock it!

6.23.09 - 3:34 am

39. Jodie Lagana -

I would sooo love to be a part of your workshop – if you ever decide to bring it to Perth you are more than welcome to host it in my studio 😉

6.23.09 - 4:06 am

40. Carrie Ayn -

Last time I had a heads up when you were going to have another workshop. This time I didn’t. =( I signed up too. Hopefully I will know next time so I can be a part of this fabulous experience!

6.23.09 - 5:08 am

41. carl Reid -

aww man…I can’t believe the wifey and I missed the call again. Oh well maybe next time.

Regards,
    Carl

6.23.09 - 5:18 am

42. Julie Blair -

dang, I missed it…I did not receive anything about this and I signed up for your e-mail notices..? Are you going to send an e-mail notice about these in the future?

6.23.09 - 5:27 am

43. Kim -

I am bummed, never got the e-mail about the next workshop, a fellow photographer e-mailed me and she gets to go. Maybe next time.

6.23.09 - 5:45 am

44. Sandra Yu Photography -

Jasmine, will you do a national tour?

6.23.09 - 6:37 am

45. Jas -

One of the times I wished I lived in OC! A question for your FAQ’s: How do you ask your clients to pose? I saw your last pic and am wondering if you just show it to them all the time or do you have like a pose book or some pics they can copy?

6.23.09 - 9:20 am

46. Anouschka -

Sold out already, wow, what a bummer….

6.23.09 - 12:03 pm

47. Siegrid -

Any chance of you doing a workshop in Europe???

6.23.09 - 12:33 pm

48. Nicola Hyde -

Jasmine – do you have any plans at all to come do a workshop in the UK? I am photographer/journalist over here and would totally love it if you came over!!

6.23.09 - 1:56 pm

49. Syreena B -

ok….so I am feeling like there is NO way I am gonna get a spot EVER!!! can I get a telepathic memo BeforE you send the premail BeforE you announce the next one??? ….LoL

6.23.09 - 2:03 pm

50. Martin Manaoat -

hey jasmine as usual yer stuff is awesome, you are a great inspiration to me when it comes to my photography! im glad you do what you do! im going to be in LA this weekend and was wondering if you could tell me of some good spots? thanks

6.23.09 - 3:28 pm

51. Amanda -

DANG IT! Stupid e-mail blast. I was totally waiting for you to announce the next one. I guess that’s what I get for only checking your blog in the mornings. Maybe next time…

6.23.09 - 3:41 pm

52. Pro Art Foto -

Wish I could attend one of your seminars. Maybe another time…

6.23.09 - 11:17 pm

53. Frank -

One of these days, when I feel my own photography skills are good enough and I can learn the most from you, I will fly cross country to attend your class. I love your photography and, lest I be shunned for the photo-blasphemy, I think I even like your writing more! 😀

6.24.09 - 2:28 am

54. New York City Wedding Photographer -

Love the secod image….classic beauty 🙂

6.24.09 - 1:51 pm

55. sarah Javaheri -

Im waiting for your workshop on LIFE 😉 . You write it , I think it, and apply it to my life. Your right on, and I’m thankful to your friends that help you get on that "right" track. Life is short and it’s so easy to get swept up in this cyber world. There’s never enough time to edit/market/and improve your business. Reality check to what’s impt. Thanks J*

6.24.09 - 2:35 pm

56. Kathryn Brown -

Wish I could have made it- but hopefully can help save some $$$…my last trip to LA I used hotwire.com to book the hotel (Irvine Doubletree $50/night) and rental car (LAX $15/day)- I am hooked on it now for traveling!

6.25.09 - 7:53 pm

57. Denise -

can’t believe it’s already full:(

6.26.09 - 1:02 am

58. Kelly Barrow -

Jasmine-
    I adore your work and read your blog regularly. Recently, one of your photos caught my eye and I have been obsessed with it ever since! Specifically, the white flower the model is wearing in your 6.22.09 blog in regard to your workshop. I have been looking for a similar flower for over a year. Any suggestions on wear to find one?
    Thanks!

6.30.09 - 9:51 pm

59. Wedding Photographer Scotland -

Great. Some really inspirational stuff, and very relaxed poses.

I’ll give some of this a try on some of my wedding photography in Edinburgh

2.25.10 - 12:56 pm