Candice and Daniel : Anytime

She had a broken heart. A heart scattered in a million little pieces and poured her hurt on the dinner table surrounded by a few people. Candice visited a dear friend to share her story and express the hurt of a recent breakup with a fiancé. It was at that dinner when Rebekah—a girl Candice never met before that evening—heard Candice’s story. Rebekah said nothing but knew in her heart Candice was destined to meet her brother, Daniel.

A while later, Rebekah encouraged Daniel to check out Candice’s blog and, while there, he realized she was something special. A girl with a huge heart, a beautiful spirit, and a kind soul. Daniel blushes when this part of the story is told. I wasn’t a blog STALKER or anything! He and Candice laugh and she raises her eyebrows in way that conveys quite the opposite.

When they finally met in person, Candice picked Daniel up from the airport as they drove to a friend’s house for dinner. As they rolled past her hometown streets, they listened to rap music…and Daniel busted out rapping aloud. It was then when Candice knew he was for her. Yes, he was cute. Yes, he was kind. Yes, he liked her. But, man-oh-man, the boy could rap along with Tupac like nobody’s business. And that did her in.

Candice and Daniel married in March 2007, and now work together for The Beautiful Mess in Charlotte, North Carolina. Candice contacted me about surprising Daniel on my blog with his birthday gift: A trip to Los Angeles to experience Hollywood, have a photoshoot with me, and visit Tupac’s hometown. I doubt I compared with the awesomeness that is Inglewood, but I hope I came close! I can’t wait to see what the future holds for such an amazing couple and I hope our paths cross again in the near future. They are fabulous and I’m proud to now call them friends!

Okay…so about the following picture. I know. It’s a little…well…strange? Daniel’s pinky fingers point in opposite directions and I came to find out it’s hereditary! I couldn’t stop screaming when I saw them…then I had to take a picture because they make Daniel uber unique and fabulous! 🙂

Feroche. Totally feroche. Many thanks to Nicole DeAnne for doing such a great job with Candice’s hair makeup!

There were a few other photos in this series, but I liked this one in particular because I like the moody feel…

The light pouring into this alley was amazing and I could’ve shot in it all day!

I ADORED this mural we came across and I asked Candice to work it out for me…and she made Charlotte proud with all her moves! 🙂

To see more of their Anytime session, CLICK HERE for a slideshow!

1. Jenny Sun

October 20th, 2008 at 2:27 pm

wow… am I the first to post? 😀

These are gorgeous Jasmine! The story is beautiful and so are your photos portraying their relationship 🙂

My fave is the moody b&w one… for some reason, its just lovely in an understated way.

2. Joan Solitario

October 20th, 2008 at 2:43 pm

The first photos taken of them… her shoes… they match the mural! 😀 Great photos Jasmine!!!! I LOVE the ALLEY photos too!

3. nena

October 20th, 2008 at 2:43 pm

What a great couple! These shots are amazing and I’m sure they are so happy. I would be! =-)

4. joshua k

October 20th, 2008 at 2:44 pm

Absolutely beautiful and perfect shots again! 🙂

5. Gina

October 20th, 2008 at 2:47 pm

just beautiful.. love the alley shots…

6. Katie Jo

October 20th, 2008 at 2:57 pm

I absolutely love this shoot! I follow their blog as much as I follow yours.

7. Lindsay Kipp Photography

October 20th, 2008 at 3:19 pm

Okay, I loved this post, the images are fantastic, the love story… sweet, unique and fabulous, but I have to comment on his pinky fingers… my best friend has the same thing (exactly) but her baby toes are also that way and her oldest daughter has the same fingers as well! I love it! I love the things that make us all different! And, Jasmine you rock as always!!!

8. Jane

October 20th, 2008 at 3:24 pm

I love this couple’s story. Blogstalking can be a great thing. =) They look fabulous, like they fit right in with Hollywood!

9. Stacy Cross

October 20th, 2008 at 3:25 pm

I cannot wait to forward the link to this post to Stanbo – he ALWAYS makes fun of my pinkies!!! Mine aren’t as grotesquely obvious as Daniel’s (haha – just kidding, Daniel!) but they definitely bend the exact same way. I had no idea is was hereditary! Wow! Gorgeous pics, by the way!

10. Dennis

October 20th, 2008 at 3:42 pm

What a fun couple with a great story! Good stuff a usual Jasmine!

11. Tira J

October 20th, 2008 at 3:46 pm

Wow! First, I love her red shoes! Second, the story is so wonderful. Third, what an amazing birthday gift! Great images Jasmine!

12. Tanya Jose

October 20th, 2008 at 3:49 pm

very sweet story indeed! um, i know you got a closeup of those red cute shoes she’s wearing right? i like em!! 🙂

13. Camille Elise

October 20th, 2008 at 3:49 pm

Love her shoes!!! In everypicture they just pop! Great shoot, such a wonderful story and a great surprise, loved the video of him reading your blog finding out a while back.

14. Regina White

October 20th, 2008 at 4:02 pm

Where is the SHOE SHOT? Girl these are Phenom. I know they love em’ … What a great surprise gift. What a rockin wife to do this for her Hubby.
    They LOOK Caliente!

15. Cheyenne Schultz

October 20th, 2008 at 4:07 pm

I am absolutely BEAMING to see Candice and Daniel on your blog in all of their fabulousness. You captured them wonderfully. and I can’t wait to see these framed in their home!

Jasmine, I’m glad you had the opportunity to meet these two and get to know them a little. My husband and I have only known them for a short time, but are beyond blessed to call them our friends – they have such huge hearts for each other and for the people in their lives. Love these guys. 🙂

Candice and Dan – you two look HOT!!!!

16. Catie R

October 20th, 2008 at 4:13 pm

I LOVE their story! That’s so adorable and rapping a la Tupac, great story. 🙂 They’re looking like rock stars, totally feroche indeed.

17. Candice Lanning

October 20th, 2008 at 4:40 pm

Are you kidding me!?!?! Jasmine…you know you rock my face off! That shot of Daniel’s baby blues up close….I MELT over and over again. We are so pleased with every shot…and couldn’t be happier. I love the way you shared our story too…you are a gifted writer as well as an amazing photographer…UGHH!! I JUST LOVE THESE!

Wish you guys lived closer too…but I have to believe our paths will cross..(hopefully sooner than later). Take care! Love you!

18. Candice Lanning

October 20th, 2008 at 4:41 pm

p.s. one more thing. I paid a quarter for these shoes. don’t hate me 🙂

19. haley lamb

October 20th, 2008 at 4:46 pm

wow!! I’m getting butterflies in my stomach from seeing all these amazing photos! I know Candice and Daniel personally. What a beautiful connection you’ve capture forever, Jasmine!!

20. B

October 20th, 2008 at 4:50 pm

She found her man through her blog?! I need a blog.
    PS: GREAT pics ; )

21. Amber Paterson

October 20th, 2008 at 4:53 pm

I LOVE the shots in front of the murals! That yellow scarf was perfect for the pics of the two of them in the slideshow.

22. Geoff Schultz

October 20th, 2008 at 5:16 pm

Jasmine – It is just AWESOME to see these pics of Candice and Daniel on your blog. Although I have only been friends with the two of them for a short time, their personalities pour out of these shots and they could have come back to Charlotte more excited. I hope that our paths will cross soon as well. Take care and God Bless.

23. Larry Reeves

October 20th, 2008 at 5:48 pm

Awesome story, awesome couple, awesome images, awesome town! His pinkies remind me of magnets that repel each other. Cool-ness!

24. kymberli q.

October 20th, 2008 at 6:13 pm

I LOVE these two and I don’t even know them!! They just look PERFECT for each other and they look like FUN friends if you ever had a chance to meet them! I adore this post and the story that went along with it! What a great gift she gave him!

25. Melissa

October 20th, 2008 at 6:23 pm

These shots are just pure awesomeness! ;o) FUN!!

26. Dawn

October 20th, 2008 at 6:37 pm

WoW!! this session is just amazing…they look like such a fun couple… Great shoes Candice!!!

27. halli

October 20th, 2008 at 6:54 pm

Awesome Shoot! I love the photos you caputred. Truly amazing!! Love your skill.

28. Brett

October 20th, 2008 at 7:15 pm

These are perfect…it’s a different experience to look at pictures on your site of people that I know. I can tell even more how amazingly well you capture the personalities of your clients.

29. Kelli Eudis

October 20th, 2008 at 7:19 pm

Looks like a fun shoot. Beautiful pictures as always 🙂

30. Shelly Valentine

October 20th, 2008 at 7:37 pm

These are super fun! I have too many favs!

31. Daniel Lanning

October 20th, 2008 at 8:09 pm

Those pictures are REDICULOUSLY incredible! Wow. Candice and I are in love with them. I know my wife is beautiful…but dang…those are going up all over my office walls. Should we just go ahead and book our sessions for the next thirty years?!?! Thank you (and JD) so much!

32. Brooke

October 20th, 2008 at 8:15 pm

I have known Candice since we were in diapers. She was my bestest friend in the whole world during our highschool years and the whole rapping thing just makes me laugh. If you only knew how much we used to do that with the windows down. I love them both and he is absolutely perfect for her. Thank you for doing such a great job for a couple who truly deserve it. They are BEAUTIFUL!!!

33. Amy

October 20th, 2008 at 8:39 pm

These are awesome!

34. lucy

October 20th, 2008 at 9:47 pm

My favorite is the black and white moody one too! These look like you guys had a blast.

35. Karin Dailey

October 20th, 2008 at 9:50 pm

i like the moody one too!

36. Andrea

October 20th, 2008 at 10:29 pm

These pictures are fabulous! Candice & Daniel are so nice and so deserving of this. They have been extremely kind and instrumental with me starting my photography biz. Great job Jasmine & JD love the mural!

37. Lauren

October 20th, 2008 at 11:03 pm

Gorgeous photos, and beautiful love story. Love the red shoes Candice is wearing!

38. Rachel in Taiwan

October 21st, 2008 at 1:08 am

I’m Daniel’s sister…and I can only echo what everyone else said! Amazing pics, Jasmine! Thanks for posting so many.

39. Rachel in Taiwan

October 21st, 2008 at 1:09 am

p.s. I have the same pinky fingers as Daniel. Go crooked pinkies!! 🙂

40. melissa pearce

October 21st, 2008 at 1:38 am

great stuff! was he surprised? and how do you get to use john legend on your slideshows? I have showit web and would love to use other songs… just want to make sure i can?

41. Sarah Tolson

October 21st, 2008 at 1:44 am

How do you get your images so crispy!! 🙂 They look fantastic.

42. Maureen

October 21st, 2008 at 2:09 am

What a cool looking couple! Those heels are killer…I wanna see em up close! Jasmine, were you using a flash in the alley? Thanks!

43. Matthew Saville

October 21st, 2008 at 4:40 am

Wow, them’s gonna have some GORGEOUS children, that’s for sure! Wow!

44. Jenne

October 21st, 2008 at 4:53 am

Hey Jas! My bro and mom’s pinkies do the same thing! I didn’t think I’d see anyone else with pinkies like those! Great photos as per usual. Love, love the colours!

45. Hilary Grace

October 21st, 2008 at 5:57 am

I was soo excited to finally see this shoot! I remember hearing about it recently when you gave them a shout out..What a beautiful couple, and a lovely story behind their love! Just goes to show that you never know when God has something wonderfuly perfect in store for you. 😉

46. Chris Enzaldo

October 21st, 2008 at 5:58 am

That pinky thing was obviously photoshopped. 😉 Way to work in the murals! I’m always on the lookout for new ones around town (Denver). Fab work as usual.

47. laura stetser

October 21st, 2008 at 6:21 am

Wow, beautiful session Jasmine! Love the sweetness to it and all the color and pop! Adorable story too… 🙂

48. Natarsha N. Wright

October 21st, 2008 at 7:17 am

I adore these photos and I love the color!

49. Melissa Koehler

October 21st, 2008 at 2:28 pm

What a cute couple. I like the colors in that mural. Beautiful job as always

50. Leah

October 21st, 2008 at 2:39 pm

I love these Jasmine! They look like such a fun couple…great work again!

51. Geanette

October 21st, 2008 at 3:10 pm

Way to rock it out! Always amazed!

52. Michelle Pearson

October 21st, 2008 at 4:36 pm

These are great! Love the colors….

53. brianna

October 21st, 2008 at 4:41 pm

"…the awesomeness that is Inglewood". LOL…i seriously laughed out loud at that. but these are some pretty awesome pictures.

54. Melody Carpenter

October 21st, 2008 at 5:17 pm

Great session! As for the pinkies…I have the same thing…not quite to his extent, but yes, it is hereditary. My grandpa and brother have the same thing…craziness!

55. lin

October 21st, 2008 at 5:52 pm

Love that blue door and the art in the last shot.

56. Lindsay

October 21st, 2008 at 6:20 pm

Awesome pictures! I read Daniel & Candice’s blog everyday and I was so excited to see these pictures! Great job Jasmine-I love the photos.

57. Du Wayne Denton

October 21st, 2008 at 9:19 pm

Wow, what a inspirational e-session! Beautiful! Well done!

58. Melissa

October 21st, 2008 at 9:55 pm

his fingers are crazy… and her hair is awesome. hehe love the pics!! awesome as always.

59. genessee quizon

October 21st, 2008 at 10:47 pm

It IS hereditary! I know from experience. Yay for crooked pinkies!

60. Liza

October 22nd, 2008 at 7:15 am

What a gorgeous shoot. I love her outfit!

61. emily

October 22nd, 2008 at 3:42 pm

Yea!!! We love crooked fingers in our family. They are a status symbol…my cousins without them feel left out of the family tree.

62. jeramy

October 22nd, 2008 at 4:38 pm

cute shots. cute jeans. that alley seems familiar?

63. Katie Slater

October 22nd, 2008 at 5:42 pm

Jasmine, these photos are so cute, I think you really caught the essence of two people who seem really happy and in love. 🙂 I must say that I LOVE(!!!!!) her groovy shoes though…Need. Those. Shoes….

64. Paper Monkey

October 22nd, 2008 at 11:24 pm

These are stunning. And yes, I love those shoes. I actually have some very similar…but I definitely didn’t pay a quarter for them like she said she did… What a great birthday gift!

65. Barbara Blanco

October 22nd, 2008 at 11:26 pm

Love the shoes!

66. brenda

October 24th, 2008 at 2:31 am

oh my gosh i love this girl’s shoes. these pictures are gorgeous, Jasmine.

67. michelle cunningham

October 24th, 2008 at 6:33 am

ok.. the pinky finger shot was such a trip it gave me pause. and everything else was jaw dropping as usual. love the bnw of him with the DOF

68. Tracy Grant

October 24th, 2008 at 12:46 pm

Aww! They are beautiful! I adore that second to last shot.
    Great work Jasmine.

69. Julia Holman

October 27th, 2008 at 3:02 pm

Jasmine Star you are brilliant!!! Another gorgeous session… LOVE IT!!!!!

70. Christine Meintjes

October 27th, 2008 at 6:11 pm

You are an absolute star! Love the one where Daniel is looking down. WOW!

71. Lawrence @ Furious Photographers

October 28th, 2008 at 1:41 am

Wow interesting fingers 😡

72. DaniD

October 29th, 2008 at 12:42 am

There is a similar finger ‘thing’ in my family in which several have inherited a pointer finger with only one joint. It looks as if it was chopped off! Love the creative take of using such a trait in a photo.

73. Kathryn

November 13th, 2008 at 2:47 am

Oh my!!! These pictures are BEAUTIFUL and stunning. And you both go to Elevation… I LOVE looking at this blog for wedding inspiration and I was so surprised and happy to see Elevators 🙂

74. Jen VanSuydam

November 18th, 2008 at 2:52 am

She is so freaking cute.