Carlie and Gabriel : Engagement

When we first met, we clicked. Like a lock and key.

I fell in love with Gabriel and Carlie from the moment we met. Like long-time friends, we chatted about their careers, their wedding, and life. During our initial consultation, as Carlie animatedly described the Betsy Johnson dress she was planning to wear for their engagement shoot, Gabriel held her hand and stared at her like it was the first time he’d ever seen such a beautiful girl. A loving gaze, a hearty laugh at all the appropriate times. They’re perfect for each other.

As Gabriel and I spoke business and planned the logistics of the wedding day, Carlie listened to us, but focused on Gabriel’s every word. She’d intently follow his sentences—as if being strung along on an invisible string—and listened to him as if it was the first time she’d ever heard such eloquence. A loving gaze, a hearty laugh at all the appropriate times. They’re perfect for each other.

To see more of their engagement session, CLICK HERE for a slideshow!

1. Sue Jean Park

June 18th, 2007 at 7:37 pm

Jas, these pictures make me love these people as well. You are beyond talent, you are a STAR!

2. david baxter

June 20th, 2007 at 12:36 am

wow, these are magazinesque!

3. Sean McLellan

January 28th, 2008 at 12:22 am

I love the colors on these

4. Cathy Crawley

May 1st, 2008 at 1:37 pm

3 comments on a post like this is criminal! Now that wouldn’t happen today! I love these guys.

5. Andrea

May 27th, 2008 at 4:00 pm

I love all of the color…she is adorable BTW. Lucky guy!!!

6. Prema BUCK

June 20th, 2008 at 8:18 pm

Oh my! I love these images! I’m also diggin’ that location too. Would you mine sharing where the recycling place is? Lovin’ that green dumpster…I’m a green girl 🙂 Also this is a stunning blog…one of the best that I’ve seen!!

7. Angel

July 7th, 2008 at 10:42 pm

Awesome images…love the location as well. Such a cute couple.

8. redframe

October 21st, 2008 at 9:57 am

wow. that’s all. wow.

9. Phat Baby Photographer

December 10th, 2008 at 2:47 am

I love how vibrant the colors are on the first few pictures. You don’t often see that in engagement photos and you made it work.

10. Bella Luce Photography

December 20th, 2008 at 1:21 am

I clicked on your oldest post because I wanted to see how your photography has changed over the two years. I know mine has and I had expected your to as well but I am not seeing that. Your work was just as beautiful a year and half ago as it is today. I really love this couple you shot and I have know of the both of you from the [b] school. I have learned so much from your photography but even more through your writing…you capture peoples hearts.
    These pictures of Carlie and Gabriel are just beautiful. 4, 6 and 9 take my breath away…

11. Apple

January 16th, 2009 at 4:15 pm

the link to the slideshow doesn’t work anymore. 🙁

12. Jessica Lynn

March 24th, 2009 at 6:14 pm

I cannot believe that this was one of your first posts! Seems like just yesterday that you were new to the wedding world and I was a newly engaged bride looking for inspiration. We both have come a long way….but your pictures are still BREATHTAKING!

13. Elaini Garfield

March 24th, 2009 at 7:29 pm

wow, these are breathtakingly beautiful and artistic!

14. mandi

March 25th, 2009 at 1:04 am

Beautiful as always. You are such and inspiration.

15. Melinda M

March 25th, 2009 at 5:05 pm

I’m pretty sure the location of the first few pictures is the Lab in Costa Mesa – of course, I could be wrong :o)

16. Kate

April 7th, 2009 at 4:42 pm

I was just wondering where their photos were after their wedding where Carlie is riding the bike, and they are in their house reading magazines… I wanted to see those photos again but couldnt find them I am in love with that 50’s style! And the ones on their car! You have such great ideas!!

17. Jade

May 6th, 2009 at 4:38 am

So So Beautiful!! Stunning Couple to !

18. Kay English

July 29th, 2009 at 1:21 am

Hey Jasmine! I know you’re very busy and sometimes can’t answer e-mails. But I wanted to thank you because since I started following your blog, my photography has drastically changed! I was even published in USA "Pets in weddings" after only 3 weddings! I wanted to thank you somehow. I always get excited when people post comments on my blog, So I thought the only way to thank you would be to post a comment on every one of your posts!! It may take me a couple of weeks lol, but I thought I would learn a lot along the way. Especially in the posts for photographers 🙂
    God Bless! -Kay

19. Molly Williams

August 9th, 2009 at 8:28 am

You know I obsess over your blog like so many people out there seem to do but for some reason I am constantly drawn back to Gabriel and Carlie. Their whole series of pictures are truly your best work because out of all the couples you have shot their love shines through the most. It’s been so fun to get to know them on their own blog too. You just much attract good people Jasmine. Anyways, although these blog entries on Gabriel and Carlie are not the most recent they definitely my favorite of your work and I wanted you to know that. 🙂

20. Tim May

September 10th, 2009 at 8:34 pm

Such beautiful colours!

21. Emily Scott

April 8th, 2010 at 10:02 pm

I don’t know why, but for some reason I wanted to look at some old posts today. How happy I was to stumble upon Gabriel Ryan and Carlie Renee!! such sweet and wonderful people and I love these photos. love. love. love. them.

22. ingamae

July 2nd, 2010 at 6:39 pm

The water photos=BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!
    and fyi-the betsey johnson link goes to a senator betsy johnson i think you meant:

November 29th, 2011 at 4:59 pm

I wish you had a like button near your photos

24. Eleonora

February 23rd, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I’m reading your blog from the very beginning and couldn’t help commenting this photo. This photo session is amazing and the last photo is simply STUNNING!!!

25. Keira

April 11th, 2012 at 6:17 am

Omg this is seriously so beautiful I love it!

26. Alejandro Martín

September 28th, 2014 at 9:53 am

Un trabajo maravilloso. Es un placer seguirte. Un abrazo. ~ A wonderful job. It is a pleasure to follow. A hug.