DC Ranch Scottsdale Wedding : Stephanie + Stephen

It’s not an old-fashion kind of love. Love brimming with carrying school books, walking her to the front door, or soda with two straws. No, it’s more like old love. Love defined for what’s said in between the lines, thoughtful, and pure. A love like this is most seen when an elderly gentleman kisses his wife on the cheek after cutting her medicine, reminding her the pills are on the kitchen counter. Old love. Stephen and Stephanie–though nowhere near graying hair and daily fiber drinks–share this type of love.

Throughout the course of their wedding day at DC Ranch in Scottsdale, Arizona, Stephen was so accutely tuned into what Stephanie wanted, needed, or wished for, it appeared they’d been married for fifty years. At least. The way they looked at each other was as if they hadn’t seen each other for years and the love they shared could, quite literally, be felt throughout the venue. Nearing the end of a long night, while Stephen and a few others tore up the dancefloor, Stephanie paced the terracotta halls of DC Ranch asking people if they’d seen her car keys. She needed something from her car, but couldn’t find the keys and no one could help. Almost on cue, as soon as Stephanie approached the dancefloor, Stephen turned and saw his newly-minted wife needed his help. Needed him. He touched her arm and apologized for her aching feet, and quickly took care of finding her keys. Because that’s what old love is all about. Telling the woman you love to kick off her heels, dance like no one is watching, and leave her worries to the man who promised to love, honor, and cherish.

Stephanie and Stephen…I spent the good part of a year looking forward to your special day and praying for the best as you planned the wedding of your dreams. Lo and behold, you perfectly executed your hopes and ideas! I was so, so honored to be chosen as your wedding photographer and watching your love has been a testament to the notion of true love, soul mates, and kindred spirits. You both are some of the most beautiful people I’ve ever met, and I’m speaking about who you are on the inside. Thank you for the honor of documenting your first day as husband and wife, and I wish you a lifetime of joy! Much Love and Appreciation…J*

One of the best things about photographing weddings outside of California is working at a new venue and exploring new places to shoot details…DC Ranch is a gorgeous venue for weddings, so I explored a bit with the bride’s Kate Spade shoes and amazing Jim Hjelm wedding dress…

One of my most favorite aspects of the wedding was the subtle mixing of vintage elements in a desert elements…everything was thoughtful and deliberate…which makes photographing things easier when there’s a vision or theme…

Petal Pusher did a lovely job with Stephanie’s gorgeous wedding bouquet…which included her grandmother’s broach and grandfather’s pin…

It was over 100 degrees in Scottsdale, but the light was amazing in every part of DC Ranch…here the bride is preparing in the clubhouse…

If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you know what I’m about to say. But I’m still going to say it anyway! 🙂 When the bride and groom see each other before the ceremony, I feel like they are making the best choice for their wedding day. Hands down. Stephanie and Stephen weren’t going to have a First Look, but after reviewing the timeline and prioritizing how they wanted to spend their day, they realized seeing each other before just made more sense. From a photography standpoint, this is music to my ears…especially when we could shoot wedding photos at a fabulous place like DC Ranch! This is one of my favs from their First Look…and I can admit it….I got all choked up and teary…

This set of wedding photos makes me feel so blessed. My photo is on the left and JD’s photo is on the right. I love shooting with my husband because we see things so different and yet the same…

Stephanie, I’m just gonna say what everyone else is thinking: You’re beautiful. Seriously.

As we continued wedding photos at DC Ranch, I was so hot my heels were melting into the ground (okay, I’m being a little dramatic here), so we ventured inside for a few photos for a different look…

One thing I completely adored about Stephanie was her focus and attention to detail. She–along with her mother and a couple other people–planned and decorated the entire wedding with such clarity and style…

A running theme throughout the wedding was vintage tea cups, all of which were procured by Stephanie at vintage and thrift stores…

JD captured this photo and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy…

Moments just after the ceremony…

The sun in Scottsdale, Arizona was kind to me…

Here’s a random fact…when JD and I arrived to the airport to fly to Scottsdale, there weren’t any chairs. When JD sat on the floor, I sat next to him, leaned my head on his shoulder, and wondered out loud if I’d ever be to able to pose clients that way. Wellllll, when Stephanie told me she was willing to lay on the ground, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted her to do! It’s moments like this that make me feel so lucky to do what I love!

I love me some desert wedding photos…

Details, details…

Stephanie made the moss-covered chair…

Many thanks again to Petal Pushers for their thoughtful designs…

The wedding cake topper was a 100-year-old tea cup Stephanie bought for $1.00 at a thrift store…loved it!

The following two photos are JD’s….

The happy couple was comically serenaded by their brother and friend….and how fun is the light-covered tree in the background?! DC Ranch is seriously a photographer’s dream…

The party was kept popping the entire night by California’s Blu Note Party Band…yes, they drove to Arizona for the wedding!

To see more of their fabulous wedding at DC Ranch, feel free to CLICK HERE for a slideshow!

And a special thanks must also go to Lyra for coming out and assisting me and JD…she’s such a great friend! And major props to Serendipity Videography for being SO awesome to work with…Taryn and Jeff were awesome!

1. Liz Kausteklis

October 23rd, 2009 at 5:49 pm

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!! I seriously have tears in my eyes! You captured their beauty and love so wonderfully! Wow! Stephanie…what a stunning bride!

2. Karen

October 23rd, 2009 at 5:51 pm

First!! Outstanding photos Jasmine! Stunning bride, and location. Love it!!

3. diane (www.sagephoto.com)

October 23rd, 2009 at 5:52 pm

WOW, these are amazing. What a gorgeous couple, wedding, facility….everything looks awesome!

4. Gabby G

October 23rd, 2009 at 5:55 pm

Great Job Jasmine…i love both your blog and Stephanie’s and its nice to see these beatiful pictures of her big day after following all the planning. I love how perfectly you capture it

5. B

October 23rd, 2009 at 5:56 pm

6. Leyla

October 23rd, 2009 at 5:56 pm

What a nice parallel with their names… So cute!

What a beautiful couple & I am loving absolutely every shot! You are so talented, truly a Star! =)

P.S. You are All Welcome to Enter my Latest Giveaway here:

7. Brandi

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:01 pm

Your work is always lovely but I really love these.. It has to be one of my favorite weddings you’ve posted. Of course it doesn’t hurt that the couple is wildly gorgeous!

8. Deanna

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:02 pm

The wedding, the details, the bride, the groom…all so gorgeous and beautifully captured! Love ’em.

9. Joy

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:05 pm

SO gorgeous!

10. Valerie Schooling

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Amazing! As always…you rock! And you’re so right about your bride I mean WOW she couldn’t be more stunningly gorgeous!

11. Rima

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:07 pm

stunning work J* Your blog is becoming my addiction (next to chocolate), its soo fascinating!

12. Alejandra

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:08 pm

That DRESS is so beautiful! And the shoes are out of this world too 🙂 Jasmine, these photos are incredible. I’m shooting my first wedding today and now I’m TRULY getting the butterflies…

13. Stephanie Castillo

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:08 pm

Absolutely STUNNING. Seriously! Great job J* and Stephanie- You were truly one gorgeous Bride!! Congratulations 🙂

14. Emma - Adorable Moments

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:11 pm

OMG! I love these pictures! You rock!

Love from Sweden!

15. Jocelyn Chi

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:12 pm

Wow, I love the images from this wedding! Such a beautiful couple, and such beautiful light on their faces! And the black and white pictures are gorgeous!

16. Kirstin @ Weddings Unveiled

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:13 pm

Gorgeous wedding! Love all the fun details.

17. Alicia Damron

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:15 pm

Gorgeous location, and gorgeous people. I love all the details you captured, and the expressions. Wonderful!

I also love the one of them sitting in the desert. What, if any, steps do you take to protect the dress in those types of pictures?

18. Jessica

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:17 pm

Really like your style and that wedding location is amazing

19. anderson nascimento

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:18 pm

Your blog is so amazing. I always see..

20. Nelly Soares

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:18 pm

Wow Jasmine, I mean you just honestly keep getting better. This was an amazing wedding and your description of it, and the bride & groom just made me teary. Beautiful couple, fantastic venue & details and awesome photographer!

21. Marissa Rodriguez

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:19 pm

Ok, I’m still getting over how much I love her shoes!!! Stephanie is absolutely gorgeous! I loved reading their little intro, I teared up a bit. Seriously Jasmine, you always do such a beautiful job!

22. Jasmine*

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:19 pm

@Alicia: I don’t do anything specifically to protect the dress…I just make sure I place the bride in a spot that could easily brush off the dress, should anything get on it. Furthermore, brides who are willing to lay down are adventurous and willing to get a little dusty for the type of photos they want. I never suggest them laying down, but if they’ve requested it, I’m always thrilled. Sometimes I will place the flap of my Shootsac under their bottom to protect from the weight distributed in that particular section, but nothing else is done. And, yes, I realize I have some amazing brides! 🙂

23. Cory Lane Anderson

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:22 pm

This has got to be one of the most GORGEOUS weddings i’ve ever seen! wow! And your photos are delightful!!! Especially brilliant! Love your work! 🙂

24. Leandra

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:24 pm

Wow, she is stunning! She looks like she is just glowing with happiness in these pictures. And this wedding?! Looks like a photographer’s dream come true! Great job on capturing all those pretty details!

25. Carrie Pratt

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:26 pm

That’s a whole lotta nice photos! Her dress is stunning on her btw. She’s lucky for such a talented photographer to flatter her in these!

26. Char Baiz

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:30 pm

these are breathtaking photos!!!

27. Neha

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:31 pm

Such a gorgeous woman! Her dress is fantastic and the bridesmaids dresses were so cute! Loved all the details too! Wished I was there…..your images made me want to be there!

28. Stephen Knuth

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:31 pm

Awesome job Jasmine!! I love these images!

29. TH

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:35 pm

Wow~, Love everything about this wedding! Just stunning!

30. Candice Lanning {The Beautiful Mess}

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:35 pm

hey there friend. i have been secretly so excited to Stephanie’s wedding day images! they are stunning! can i say in those first handfuls of images her hubby looks like patrick dempsey? i’m just sayin’….

31. Jen Johnson

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:37 pm

A.MAZING. Seriously, love these images!

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:38 pm

I’ve been waiting for this wedding ever since the engagement pictures, and it didn’t disappoint! Everything is sooo beautiful! Love the picture of them sitting on the ground!

33. Jenna

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:38 pm

GORGEOUS bride, she reminds me of Taylor Swift a little but prettier. Her dress and all the deails are amazing. Great job capturing their special day!

34. Jay

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:41 pm

Super Gorgeous couple !! lots killer shot ! STUNNING

35. stephanie fay

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:48 pm

Jasmine and Jd,- Stephen and I are so pleased with all your hard work!! WE LOVE THEM ALL! You documented the day just how we remembered it! Takes us back to all those special moments. You two are so unbelievably talented we LOVED working with you both. Thanks for having such a beautiful heart ! LOVE YOU.

36. Nicole Haley

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:49 pm

So exciting to see these – they’ve been a long time coming! I loved their engagement session but their wedding is to die for! Beautiful images. 😀

37. Tira J

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:49 pm

I have been waiting for these images even way back when you did their engagement session because I knew they would be AMAZING! Love them. Way too many favorites. Stephanie was an absolutely gorgeous bride and I love all of the details she incorporated into her day. How fun that Lyra got to join you and JD! Congrats Stephanie & Stephen!

38. anda

October 23rd, 2009 at 6:54 pm

oooo — I LOVE this wedding and all the vintage detailing. gorgeous couple, so obviously in love and enjoying their day. amazing photo work — one of my faves from you, jasmine. good job, JD, as well! love the dance shot you got 🙂

39. Miranda Wilson

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:00 pm

What a beautiful and unique wedding. You did an excellent job as always. And those shoes!

40. Christina Juleson

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:01 pm

Jasmine, you inspire me to become a better photographer with every wedding you post on your blog. If I can only be half as good as you are I would consider myself greatly blessed. Thank you for always sharing your photographs with us. When ever I’m having a down day I just view the slid shows of the different weddings you’ve posted and it encourages me to keep my chin up. May God continue to bless you and JD. The both of you are such beautiful lights in this world!

41. Ashley

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:01 pm

OMG – you have the most beautiful clients I have ever seen! Stephanie is absolutely stunning! And I really want her shoes! Amazing work as always!!

42. alice

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:04 pm

I seriously think this might be my favorite wedding you’ve done so far. WOW! What a gorgeous couple!

43. Amanda Wilcher

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:06 pm

I am in LOVE with all the details, the light, the love, and the bride and groom. So sweet and breathtaking.

44. Jen

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:09 pm

Such beautiful photos, and what an awesome location.

I must know where the bride got that bolero, it is absolutely beautiful and I’m in need of something like that!

45. Nicole Glenn

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:10 pm

JASMINE. These are so flippin fantastic! I have been looking forward to these all week! I have a 20min. lunch break today, thanks for making every minute beautiful. Congrats to Stephanie and Stephen!

46. Michele B

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:11 pm

Wow Jasmine. I seriously can’t get over how beautiful the lighting was and how you used it to your advantage. Her glowing skin, the sunset and even capturing the ambient lighting after dark…when I grow up I want to be awesome like Jasmine Star.

47. Gareth Robins

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:13 pm

I’m running out of new ways to describe your style. I’ll cover future posts by saying YOU ARE:

A-1, A-OK, aces, astonishing, astounding, awesome, the best, breathtaking, cool, fab, fantastic, first-class, the greatest, groovy, immense, inconceivable, incredible, legendary, marvelous, mind-blowing, out-of-this-world, outrageous, peachy, phenomenal, primo, prodigious, rad, remarkable, spectacular, striking, stupendous, super, superb, terrific, top drawer, tops, turn-on, unbelievable, unreal, wicked, and a Kiwi favourite, Choice!!

You rock!

48. Karen Stott

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:15 pm

Lovin the dessert! I agree, it is so fun to shoot in a different climate and environment….you made it look like an effortless masterpiece!

49. amanda thiessen

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:15 pm

WOW! this is my favorite wedding by far!!!! so incredible!

50. Jackie Beale

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:15 pm

Wow she looks so pretty! I love her makeup. That last shot is my favorite! They look so happy and it was perfectly captured. What were your camera settings jasmine for this shot? I’ve never had to photograph sparklers, but would like to know just in case 🙂 Thank you.

51. Navy Sou

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:22 pm

What a dream! Great looking couple in great looking wedding attire at a great location…OH and a great photographer!!! BTW…The dress and veil is to die for!

52. Edra

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:25 pm

I always love your works…

53. Lori Boynton

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:25 pm

The story, the images, the wedding…..all of it, so incredibly beautiful! I follow Stephanie’s blog as well and although I don’t know her personally you can just see a beautiful spirit in these images!

54. Michelle sidles

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:26 pm

I’ve always been a fan of your color processing BUT the B&W processing in these is AMAZING!! 🙂 Beautiful from the first image to the last.

55. QuentinaMae

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:37 pm

I’ve been waiting for this post!!! 🙂 Stephanie Fay is absolutley stunning! Their wedding location was beautiful,, and your photos as always, were amazing! Beautiful lighting 🙂 yay!!!!! Congratulations to Stephanie and Stephen!

56. Deborah Zoe

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:37 pm

I love the image of her bridesmaid helping to put on her shoe. It’s like she’s putting on Cinderella’s glass slipper…and those shoes are pretty much amazing!

57. Chris c.

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:44 pm

Another WOW shoot! The pics are so creamy and breathtaking! And yes you have the best brides!

58. Courtney Pooler

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:45 pm

Jasmine, seriously, Diandra turned me on to you, and I love your blog, but for some reason this wedding has tugged on my heartstrings.

Also, I just love your ‘first look’ idea…of all the weddings I’ve done and been a part of, I’ve never thought of doing this, and I’m sooo sad I didn’t do this for my own! It’s just a wonderful, precious, private time that I love that you capture. xo!

59. Rebecca

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:48 pm

For sure one of my faves ever ever ever. She is stunning, and everything is just so perfect!

60. Linden

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:51 pm

stunning! these are lovely as always!

61. Sarah Motte

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:53 pm

LOOOOVE IT!!! 🙂

62. Lindsi

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:55 pm

Growing up in Arizona I have a special appreciation of the lighting there. I now live in TN, but still love the AZ sunsets. You said you were so hot that your heals were melting into the ground….August in Phoenix a few years ago I had the souls of my flip flops melt on the asphalt!

63. oneshotbeyond

October 23rd, 2009 at 7:58 pm

this one gets 2 thumbs up from me! 🙂

64. jackie g.

October 23rd, 2009 at 8:01 pm

stunning as always, i love the "your shot v. JD’s shot!"

65. Erin Marie Hall

October 23rd, 2009 at 8:12 pm

Jasmine, I don’t know if you’ll actually read this comment (62 comments before mine already!!), but I have been reading your blog for the past few months and I have to say, as cheesy as it sounds, that you’ve changed my life. Not only are you one of my favorite photographers, but hearing the way you drink life in and really let every experience resonate in your soul has been amazing. I went back to your old blog to read how you go started, and see your first images, and it is SO encouraging to see that I can still make it in this business even though I’m starting small. You didn’t have the world’s best gear in the beginning, and yet here you are now, at the top of the wedding photography heap, changing lives and telling beautiful stories with your images.

These photos made my heart stop. The bride and groom look like something out of a catalog- no, better- a movie. The dress, the light, the trees, the details, they are all stunning.

Thank you so much for sharing with us your life and the lives of young couples in love.

66. Tina

October 23rd, 2009 at 8:12 pm

So awesome! Love!

67. Jackie Palmer

October 23rd, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Just beautiful Jasmine!

68. claire

October 23rd, 2009 at 8:23 pm

STUNNING! everything about this wedding is amazing. i heart your photos jasmine

69. Otto Rascon

October 23rd, 2009 at 8:33 pm

Jasmine, this is an incredible wedding. You rocked this one of like really crazy style. Kudos to you!!! Have a great weekend.

70. atpanda

October 23rd, 2009 at 8:40 pm

Awe, being born and raised just SE of Scottsdale, I’m so happy to see photos you took in AZ. Yep, it’s hot, but we have sunsets like nowhere else. Next time you’re in Arizona you should have a meet up! These photos are stunning. What a lucky couple to be able to fly you for their wedding!

71. jasmine*

October 23rd, 2009 at 8:40 pm

@ErinMarie: Yes, I read every.single.comment…and I appreciate them more than you could ever imagine! 🙂 Thank you!

72. nena

October 23rd, 2009 at 8:41 pm

Do you ever get tired of people saying how amazing you are? I sure hope not because one day when you shoot my wedding, I will keep on saying it! =-)

73. Melanie Ann

October 23rd, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Jasmine, I love to follow your blog and see just how much you love your job and life in general. I also follow Stephanie’s blog and have been anxiously awaiting the pictures of their wedding. You have done such a wonderful job capturing their precious memories. And she did an amazing job planning her special day.

74. Jackie Lamas

October 23rd, 2009 at 8:55 pm

geez, could they be any more good looking!

75. Melisa

October 23rd, 2009 at 9:00 pm

Jasmine, you and JD did an amazing job capturing Stephanie and Stephen’s day. They look gorgeous too!

76. Dawn Regan

October 23rd, 2009 at 9:03 pm

Jasmine, you did it again. These photos are absolutely stunning. Love, love, love them! And I always adore your opening stories to them. You’re amazing, that’s all I can say.

77. Joan Solitario

October 23rd, 2009 at 9:10 pm

this IS IT! my FAVORITE wedding that I’ve seen you shoot, thus far.. :o)

I was actually in AZ around the time you were there visiting church members congregated in that area. I told my hubby Ryan – Jasmine’s in AZ too! ;o)

78. Brandon M Sweet

October 23rd, 2009 at 9:12 pm

Time and time again your guys’ photographs just amaze me! You and JD are a huge inspiration to my own wedding photography. Keep up the amazing work! I really love the shot of the Bride getting her shoe slipped on.

-Brandon M Sweet

79. Shawn Kloster

October 23rd, 2009 at 9:16 pm

Home-freakin’-run, Jasmine! One of the best weddings I’ve seen yet, on your blog. Well done!! =)

80. Ginette Sundin

October 23rd, 2009 at 9:27 pm

I just have to say it…that bride is STUNNING. WOW. And Jasmine, another wedding where you seem to capture not just the people and the place, but their love and who they are. You have a gift.

81. jamie delaine

October 23rd, 2009 at 9:28 pm

I love Stephanie. She is one of the sweetest ever. And this is incredible.

82. Melissa Jill :)

October 23rd, 2009 at 9:33 pm

Yay!! Congratulations Stephanie! You looked SO beautiful! What an amazing day. Great job Jasmine!!

83. Darina

October 23rd, 2009 at 9:37 pm

I just LOVE this wedding. Just gorgeous! So crisp

84. ZinchukStudios

October 23rd, 2009 at 9:43 pm

I*Love*This*Wedding! I love those shoes with that dress, love the bride’s perfect curls and red lipstick. I love the colors and the decor–fabulous photos of an amazing event!

85. Marsha Fay

October 23rd, 2009 at 9:56 pm

Jasmine, Thank you for beautifully capturing their day. Stephanie and Stephen think the world of you and JD. You are so talented and really bless others with your gift. Thank you for everything.

86. alex ho

October 23rd, 2009 at 10:08 pm

awesome job on stephanie’s wedding! and you are right, she did look super hot!

87. Varsha

October 23rd, 2009 at 10:17 pm

How is it you get all of these model-esque people to book you? Beautiful couple and photos!

88. Cathi

October 23rd, 2009 at 10:32 pm

I just discovered your beautiful blog through Sage Wedding Pros and have to tell you how much I love it! Your vision is amazing. Such a visual treat.

89. Nicole Benitez

October 23rd, 2009 at 10:44 pm

She is absolutely STUNNING and your beautiful images paint a picture of their gorgeous day. Another one out of the park!

90. Kristena

October 23rd, 2009 at 10:47 pm

Absolutely beautiful! LOVE IT!

91. Bob

October 23rd, 2009 at 11:04 pm

Hi J*. You know I’m not frequent commenter, but I couldn’t let this post go by without one. This one is incredible!! I think it might be one of your best, EVER! Congrats to you and JD.

92. carla

October 23rd, 2009 at 11:26 pm

ahhh, i love this wedding and every image you shared. i visit yours and stephanie’s blogs daily and adore you both. how special to see her wedding photographed by you. amazing.

93. Yuka photo art

October 23rd, 2009 at 11:55 pm

AMAZING! Every single photograph is about perfection….I think this is my favorite wedding from your posts for last month…….Beautiful job of great team 🙂 Jasmine, I cannot believe how you reach such a clear picture from first dance! What kind of flash did you used and how many? That shot is just WOW!

94. OksanaJ.

October 24th, 2009 at 12:14 am

Soo beautiful! You guys did an awesome job!!! I’m always amazed how nobody ever looks sweaty!?! Seriously, how do you do it with all the heat?

95. Rick O

October 24th, 2009 at 12:24 am

Nice set guys!

96. Keri Doolittle Photography

October 24th, 2009 at 12:27 am

Stephanie, you look STUNNING!! Awesome pics J* + JD!!

97. Jen

October 24th, 2009 at 1:30 am

I love all of your slideshow posts, but this one is definitely one of the best ever. The bride is absolutely stunning and I have to say I wish that I was getting married again and that I could have you and JP shooting my wedding – I’m a huge fan!

98. Katie Neal Photo

October 24th, 2009 at 1:35 am

HOLY CANNOLI!!!!! These pictures are STIZ-UNNING (that’s stunning with a ghetto fab twist). I’m so in love. Why oh why did I not hire you as my wedding photographer?!

99. Shannon Phillips

October 24th, 2009 at 1:48 am

HOLY MAMA!!! This has got to be the wedding that you have ever shot. JD and Jasmine, you blow my mind every time but this time….Whoa!

100. nelly Chung

October 24th, 2009 at 1:48 am

This wedding is seriously so beautiful! The most beautiful I have seen lately. Great job!

101. ronnie

October 24th, 2009 at 2:03 am

I will have to look again at these images when I’m not so tired. Beautiful!

102. Joshua K

October 24th, 2009 at 2:55 am

Great set !!

103. Brian Fletcher Photography

October 24th, 2009 at 4:17 am

Awesome work, Jasmine. Did she have those Dr. Scholl insoles in the shoes? I hate those things (as a photographer)! 😉

104. Serendipity Photography

October 24th, 2009 at 4:18 am

What a cool wedding. I love everything about it. Amazing details, beautiful couple, and awesome pictures!

105. Jo Carr

October 24th, 2009 at 5:08 am

WOW Jasmine! Another stunning set of photos. You’re so inspiring and yes, they sure are beautiful people. Oh, loved your post about your Mom too.

106. Ginger Murray

October 24th, 2009 at 5:54 am

In love with this wedding.

107. Detrick Branston

October 24th, 2009 at 6:38 am

wow J! you owned the 480… what great coverage and images. there’s nothing like a desert wedding now and then. sorry for the heat! we were baking down here in tucson at a wedding on the same day.

108. Jazzynickel

October 24th, 2009 at 7:21 am

Jasmine, I absolutely LOVE that you get the chance to live your dream along side your wonderful husband (you are indeed blessed)! Your side by side B&W shots are my absolute fave! You focused on her, he on him. Took my breath away…

109. andrea blair

October 24th, 2009 at 7:35 am

so much goodness here! I can’t pick a fav. LOVE IT 🙂

110. Jennifer Rodriguez-Cruz

October 24th, 2009 at 7:53 am

WOW I am just in love with these photos! The one of her getting into her dress is incredible and just so crisp with amazing color!

111. Pol

October 24th, 2009 at 8:13 am

The details are so beautiful, I love the Cinderella shot! You really captured the old love so well.

112. Nataschia

October 24th, 2009 at 11:41 am

Gorgeous couple-Beautiful wedding!! Great job as always!

113. Cathy Crawley

October 24th, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Jasmine, Jasmine, Jasmine! Thanks for the eye candy, just what I needed the day after a long wedding and the day before another one! You pick me up and inspire me to keep going 🙂

114. Noelia Kline

October 24th, 2009 at 12:37 pm

You’ve got me addicted…I love your images, your work! God has given you a truly tremendous gift and I am always inspired by it. AWESOME job Jasmine, you rock!

115. jessicarden

October 24th, 2009 at 12:45 pm

love the photos as usual! and those shoes!!! wowza!

116. Tampa Boudoir

October 24th, 2009 at 1:12 pm

Jasmin, you are very talented. I love them almost all. Very good job.

117. natt

October 24th, 2009 at 1:46 pm

rockin images and what a gorgeous wedding!

118. Michelle

October 24th, 2009 at 2:07 pm

These are absolutely stunning! Just stunning!

119. D'uola

October 24th, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Definitely cannot tell it was as hot as you say it was cuz the pictures are FABULOUS!!!!

120. Abigail Smith

October 24th, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Aren’t they just the hottest couple ever?? Love this whole wedding and all the couple photos!

121. Elizabeth Luna

October 24th, 2009 at 5:00 pm

wow awesome venue as always pictures are fabulous!

122. Jenny Sun

October 24th, 2009 at 5:34 pm

Jasmine… Jasmine…. You really outdid yourself with this one. And the story, you told it incredibly, and delectably beautifully – I’m moved. xx 🙂

123. Becca Jewel

October 24th, 2009 at 6:49 pm

These photographs are gorgeous! What a fun couple to photo shoot! The environment was gorgeous!

124. Stacy Cross

October 24th, 2009 at 7:12 pm

I think this is my favorite couple/wedding you’ve ever posted! Every picture is SOOO good, friend. Great work!

125. Taryn Bills

October 24th, 2009 at 8:33 pm

You and JD captured this couple being the best version of themselves!! Being there and then seeing the photos. Girlfriend you rocked it!! It was an honor and pleasure to work with you!! Thanks for the shout out!!!!

126. jennography

October 24th, 2009 at 9:37 pm

I was wondering…do you ever sleep??? 🙂 Your photos are lovely works of art! jenn

127. Chrissy

October 24th, 2009 at 10:46 pm

Letme tell you, RIGHT before you said she is beautiful I was saying to myself, "my God she is beautiful." Gorgeous bride, gorgeous photos.

128. Stephanie Stewart

October 25th, 2009 at 12:43 am

Simply stunning wedding! This couple is one of my faves on your blog, I knew from their engagement session, that I was excited for their wedding! Love their First Look photos, the exit photos and all in between. Such a beautiful venue too! Oh, and the photo of the two of them and you can see the shadow detail of her veil on her arm, love it! Ok, will stop gushing now! Congrats on another fine wedding, and so glad you got to use your JD/airport pose, it is a keeper! P.S. How, oh how, did you expose for the sparkler exit photos??? Thanks! 🙂 I hope to do a shot like that at a future wedding, and just wonder what you expose for..I’m guessing for the bride and groom?

129. tracy

October 25th, 2009 at 12:51 am

my goodness – these are simply stunning

130. fiona andersen

October 25th, 2009 at 12:57 am

HELLLLOOOO could you get any better….???? Seriously AH MA ZING stuff. Oh I so can not wait till you hit NZ!!! Can I adopt you?

131. Stephanie Greenwell

October 25th, 2009 at 2:07 am

My, my my! How beautiful was this wedding?! They are a beautiful couple and Stephanie just looked classically beautiful. I love seeing what you come up with in terms of styling and you never cease to amaze me! Too bad you don’t travel to the midwest to photograph births as I’m less than 48 hours from delivery! ha! Beautful as always! And such kind words you wrote about the couple.

132. Jessica

October 25th, 2009 at 2:33 am

What a gorgeous wedding! Great job!

133. sharon snow

October 25th, 2009 at 5:43 am

WOW! Practically speechless! Let’s see, the bride is totally stunning, her dress, shoes and overall style are amazing. As a couple they are Gorgeous!!! The images are jaw dropping, the story is so engaging and romantic…Can you tell that I LOVE this wedding!!!
    You Rock Jasmine!

134. Alexandra

October 25th, 2009 at 3:35 pm

135. Denise Saucedo

October 25th, 2009 at 6:14 pm

I have been waiting patiently for this post! 🙂 I absoluetly love Stephanie Fay!! And when I heard the ever so fabulous Jasmine Star was photographing her wedding… well.. you know I couldn’t have been more giddy! Amazing job as always!!! What a stunning couple! Congrats Stephanie and Stephen!

136. Jacob Bergmeier / NoDo Photography

October 25th, 2009 at 6:17 pm

Gorgeous images and amazing details. Fantastic job capturing such an important day.

137. Shannon K.

October 25th, 2009 at 7:30 pm

138. LD

October 25th, 2009 at 9:12 pm

Jasmine- I think was my favorite wedding of your season! Maybe my favorite wedding of all time- absolutely, insanely GORGEOUS. I just had a question- did you meter for the bride’s skin on the picture where the sun is shining through the gap between their faces? I always try to go for that affect and either blow them out or the backlighting makes them too dark. Help! Again, amazing, amazing, amazing wedding J*!

139. Crystal

October 25th, 2009 at 10:26 pm

I agree, This wedding is amazing. I can’t take my eyes off them! The bride is stunning, the venue, the details and the emotion captured by you, JD and Lyra is awesome.

140. Erica Velasco

October 25th, 2009 at 10:58 pm

Loves it! Especially since I live there!

141. Kristy

October 25th, 2009 at 11:35 pm

How in the world did you make the night and sparkler pictures so good and clear!??! I LOVE it!

142. Tammi L.

October 25th, 2009 at 11:59 pm

Hands down this post contains the most beautiful photos ever that I’ve seen on any photographer’s blog. The manipulation of light for each photo is just simply gorgeous. The bride is timeless, classy, and her taste is incomparable. i LOOOOOVE all the protraits you took of her. The first shot of the couple in your series of first looks is my absolute FAVORITE! =) GREAT job Jasmine!

143. angie monson

October 26th, 2009 at 3:28 am

freaking insane! This is my favorite wedding you have done. Not to mention the bride and groom are stunning and so natural in front of the camera!

144. Lydia Messenger

October 26th, 2009 at 5:28 am

Plain and simple. This is why you are my favorite photographer. Simply Amazing! I love how you captured every detail and your poses are incredible. This wedding you captured breathed new life into wedding photography.

145. Norman Rubenis

October 26th, 2009 at 8:35 am

An absolutely stunning set of images, the Wow factor just comes through time and again. Brilliant.

146. Lisa

October 26th, 2009 at 12:59 pm

I guess I can’t say it any differently than Sharon, the last commenter did. Wow, on all levels!

147. Jodie Lagana

October 26th, 2009 at 1:23 pm

Beautiful images! Love the dress, looooove the veil, and those details are to die for!

148. jason Grubb

October 26th, 2009 at 1:51 pm

Stunning work. Love the color! Great work Jasmine!

149. Megan Clugh

October 26th, 2009 at 2:59 pm

You cannot buy light that perfect. Amazing. I love when everything comes together!

150. Pascal

October 26th, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Whoa they are both gorgeous! Great work!

151. Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com

October 26th, 2009 at 4:26 pm

Such a beautiful wedding; I love her hair!

152. carlie

October 26th, 2009 at 5:59 pm

GORGEOUS!!! such a STUNNING bride and groom…

153. David Morrison

October 26th, 2009 at 6:04 pm

Jasmine, these photos are beautiful. I LOVE the first photo from the First Look selections. Perfect.

154. ohana photographers

October 26th, 2009 at 6:40 pm

155. jeramy

October 26th, 2009 at 7:09 pm

great job jasmine / jd. excellent!

156. imthiaz houseman

October 26th, 2009 at 7:18 pm

i love the shoes, the dress, the flowers…what a fantastic wedding. the first look set is perfect.

157. simply modern weddings

October 26th, 2009 at 7:23 pm

wow…simply amazing! i love the photo of them sitting on the ground!

158. Darina

October 26th, 2009 at 7:36 pm

This is your best wedding yet, looks so glam!

159. Photographick

October 26th, 2009 at 7:39 pm

Amazing pictures, I love the details and the DOF on them very well captured. I am sure your clients LOVE them.

160. KrisD Mauga

October 26th, 2009 at 8:15 pm

WOW- you rocked this!!!! Do I always say that?

161. cassandra m

October 26th, 2009 at 11:20 pm

Oooohhh, I remember their engagement shoot. WoW…I love seeing what you did with the new venue. GORGEOUS. You def rocked it. So many favorites, many were in slideshow.

162. oakstream photography

October 26th, 2009 at 11:45 pm

Nothing other than FABULOUS & gorgeous! Your work is simply stellar! Dang 159 comments…what a crowd of people you have! ROCK ON!!!!

163. Kelsey

October 27th, 2009 at 12:43 am

Your images truly take my breath away. Very talented!

164. Megan Manus

October 27th, 2009 at 1:06 am

I have a question on the last image in this post- the sparklers. I struggle with these shots a lot, and almost everyone uses them here lately. Can you tell me what iso and shutter you were using? on camera flash? I love how this shots came out and mine don’t look ilke this- haha! Any help would be appreciated!

165. Mandi

October 27th, 2009 at 3:23 am

Beautiful images as always and beautiful couple

166. Katelyn James

October 27th, 2009 at 4:33 am

I’m pathetic… now that I think about it…I think I’ve already commented! ha! Anyway…my roommates and I are officially OBSESSED with Stephanie and Stephen! What a gorgeous couple!

167. omi

October 27th, 2009 at 5:03 am

168. Danae

October 27th, 2009 at 6:29 am

Great set guys! I love their rustic classic elements in the decor.

169. Heather Price

October 27th, 2009 at 9:44 am

I loved the vintage theme to this wedding, your photography has captured it all fantastically,love looking at your blog.!!

170. Hayley Johnson

October 27th, 2009 at 10:37 am

There was never ANY doubt that Stephanie would make a stunning bride, nor that you would capture the beautiful couple perfectly!

171. Tim May

October 27th, 2009 at 11:19 am

The photo with the plain brown wall in the bg is great. I love the subtle texture of it as a background. I love the vintage vibe to this one. The tea cups are an amazing touch.

172. Chris Baltazar

October 27th, 2009 at 3:25 pm

Great wedding and absolutely beautiful photographs. I love how the couple just pops from the photographs. Excellent work as usual.

173. carissa leigh

October 27th, 2009 at 3:25 pm

she is so stunning. such a beautiful couple and such beautiful pictures! I wish my hubby would shoot with me 🙂

174. Nancy Ramos

October 27th, 2009 at 4:33 pm

I love all your photos.

175. ohana photographers - kimi

October 27th, 2009 at 5:28 pm

i must agree with my hubby i love her shoes!!!

176. Corrine Heck

October 27th, 2009 at 5:39 pm

I love this shoot Jasmine! She was simply gorgeous and I love the simplicity and vintage styling for their wedding. Really well down by all!

177. April

October 27th, 2009 at 5:41 pm

Beautiful would be an under-statement. That dress was made for HER! Absolutely stunning and gorgeous.

178. Dennis Bullock

October 27th, 2009 at 7:22 pm

Jasmine! These are so great. What is the fantastic song in their slideshow?

179. yan palmer

October 27th, 2009 at 9:32 pm

these are really something special jasmine. this couple was a fav engagement shoot of mine (how many ways can i spell amazzzzinnng), and now this is one of my favorite weddings. gorgeous.

180. Jen from Windy Ridge

October 27th, 2009 at 10:48 pm

Holy…WOW! Just everything about this wedding is beautiful, especially the photography!:)

181. Jason Thon

October 28th, 2009 at 5:23 am

Great set of images Jasmine, I love them! Beautiful light, wonderful details, all around fantastic. I had one question if you wouldn’t mind answering. Did you use off camera lighting for the reception and sparklers, or was it on (and if on, was it bounced somehow or what)? Either way, it looks great!

182. Nicole

October 28th, 2009 at 6:20 am

This bride is gorgeous. I love her dress – it works perfectly on her. They look amazing. And how cool is it that she was willing to sit in desert dirt for you to get some awesome wedding photos! Your images and posts are always so inspirational. Thanks J* and JD 🙂

183. megmanionsilliker

October 28th, 2009 at 12:14 pm

another example of why i think you rock!! xo

184. Jason Dail Photography

October 28th, 2009 at 12:45 pm

Jasmine! Absolutely stunning photography! I am constantly blown away at your ability to convey so much with your photographs. You Rock!

185. Ayesha-Bedazzled Photography

October 28th, 2009 at 4:22 pm

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS. I loved the bride dipping it low to dance. You rocked it Jasmine as always!

186. Maximilian Motel

October 29th, 2009 at 5:33 pm

Wow, these shots are just awesome. Love the light in the last pictures and the couple is just beautiful! 🙂

187. ayesha

October 29th, 2009 at 9:11 pm

well this is a bit late, but i think that has to be one of the most beautiful brides i’ve ever seen in my life. glad she had you! incredible light in these images…

188. Amy Clifton

October 30th, 2009 at 3:45 am

Wow, there are just too many things I could say! Your work is amazing, the couple is soooo beautiful, their details are fabulous, the location rocks. Such a wonderfully captured day!

189. lynn daly

October 31st, 2009 at 6:02 pm

Her makeup artist did an incredible job!!

190. Michael Hickey

October 31st, 2009 at 10:37 pm

You have a wonderful style and way of working with your subjects that shows in each and every pic!

191. Jenny

November 1st, 2009 at 6:46 am

Her dress is sooo amazing ! I love all the beautiful portraits you captured!

192. Buffy

November 1st, 2009 at 11:10 pm

The ‘seventh’ photo…with the wall as the background and the groom nuzzling his lovely’s neck…photojournalism at its finest, my dear. Your images are so enduring. And that’s the thing that sets you apart from everyone else.

193. Life with Kaishon

November 2nd, 2009 at 3:58 pm

What a gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous wedding. So pretty in every way: ) Wonderful!

194. Nancy Ebert

November 3rd, 2009 at 6:10 pm

Wow! This is truly amazing photography! And such a handsome couple!

195. Korey

November 6th, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Well Jasmine, you are fabulous, but you know that. 🙂 I have to say that I LOVE this bride’s style! I love her dress, her flowers, her necklace, the vintage look of liquid eyeliner, red lipstick and nail polish…beautiful!!! What a gorgeous wedding!!!

196. Jessica Lynn

November 12th, 2009 at 1:43 am

now this is a wedding where i can honestly say that every detail was pretty much beyond perfect. further, you have captured each and everyone of them perfectly.

197. dmarie

November 19th, 2009 at 7:46 am

Just saw this on StyleMePretty and I LOVE IT!!! 🙂

198. Ashe Wint

December 7th, 2009 at 9:10 pm

I love the bride’s necklace…where’s it from?

199. Stephanie

January 9th, 2010 at 10:19 pm

I am blown away by this whole wedding! The theme is so cute and original, the bride is beyond gorgeous, the groom is appropriately smitten in every single shot, and the photography is drop dead stunning. Bravo!