Decadent December : Family Photos

Dear God, thank you for gathering our family together, but please allow us to like each other in an hour or so. Family pictures haven’t ever really been my thing and I really don’t wanna make anyone cry this year, so if you could help me out, that’d be great. Oh, and please forgive my twin sister FOR DRESSING LIKE ME and making me relive those childhood nightmares of identicalness. Ummm, and please make me my parents’ most favorite child for taking family pictures so they don’t have to go to Olan Mills. Amen.

Yes, I made the family hold hands before our photo shoot and say a prayer because last year was slightly disastrous. This year I decided to enlist Alexandria’s boyfriend, Martin to photograph our group photo (instead of a tripod), but I had to give him a crash course in shooting a group backlit.
Note to self: Never make this face again. Ever.

This is Alexandria and her boyfriend, Martin. They’ve been dating for five years and he’s kinda slipped into our family seamlessly.

This is Zoe. Or as I refer to her: CRAZY ZOE.

She’s the baby of the family and has everyone wrapped around her tiny fingers.

This is my twin sister, Bianca, and her husband Matt. At this moment, Matt surprised Bianca with a bear hug from behind and their reactions are what memories are made of.

This is Sebastian…he owns a part of my heart I’ll never be able to get back. I’m incredibly close with this kid and I love him…especially because he’s been helping me and JD with shipping magazines and saving us in our darkest moments of insanity. We pay him in burritos and Korean BBQ.

This is Sebastian and his girlfriend, Dani. We love her too…and yes, she works for Korean BBQ as well.

This is my parents. I posted a hoity toity picture of them for their anniversary, so I opted to post a silly one of them. To be honest, this is exactly who they are. Happy, carefree, and in love.

I’m sure I said something inappropriate.

This is Handsome Face. Otherwise known as JD.

Don’t be jealous of my smooth dance moves.

I am who I am because of my family. I don’t deserve such amazing people in my life, but I consider myself blessed to call them my own.

As part of Decadent December, JD and I spent the weekend with my family in Lake Arrowhead, California. We rented a cabin and enjoyed the time we spent together playing games, eating junk food, and making fun of each other. It’s our love language. Late one night, after watching Home Alone, all the kids (I can still call myself that, right?!) fell asleep in the living room. We had a slumber party of epic proportions and I hope to do it again next year.

Happy Friday!

1. Alexis

December 9th, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Aww, J*!

Your family photos are:
    3) PERFECT
    4) Overflowing with LOVE 🙂

God bless you!

2. a little bit of whimsy photography

December 9th, 2011 at 12:43 pm

for the smiles, for the laughter, for the love.. be still my heart. BEAUTIFUL!

3. Alvah Reida Photography

December 9th, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Beautiful family! You guys look like you had a blast and I especially love the last pic of you and JD

4. Gino

December 9th, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Wonderful Jasmine, makes me feel good all over!

5. Edwardson

December 9th, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I feel the love, craziness and genuine happiness. Simply awesome!
    Everyone in your family is photogenic especially with Zoe and her hair 😉
    Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2012!

6. Kate Douthwright

December 9th, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Your family is so gorg! What awesome pictures you can all keep forever. hope youre having fun in Cabo!

7. Antonis

December 9th, 2011 at 1:57 pm

How does a family consist of so many beautiful people?! Your family’s love shines through in these photos. #jealous.

8. Katelyn James

December 9th, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I look forward to this post every year! I sure hope it becomes a tradition. I adore your family and I’ve never met them. Beautiful post jas!

9. Carrie K

December 9th, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Love the "hoity toity" shot of you and JD. 😉 Beautiful photos! I don’t know that my family will be as craaazaaaay in front of the camera, but one can only hope…!

10. steph

December 9th, 2011 at 3:04 pm

LOVE the photo of Bianca and Matt!

11. Penny Wolfe

December 9th, 2011 at 3:13 pm

THAT is exactly how a family portrait should look. Family portraits, I believe, should show who we are. Laughing, having a good time, and not looking at the camera. 🙂 Those are the memories we want to have. How we were. How we loved. BEST. FAMILY. PORTRAIT. EVER!

12. rich

December 9th, 2011 at 3:27 pm

such fun and beautiful family shots! would love to work for you for korean bbq too haha! such a heart warming post!

13. Autumn Teesdale

December 9th, 2011 at 3:36 pm

What a beautiful and happy family! This brought tears to my eyes to see all the love in this family (Im a little hormonal, preggo LOL) But I think every family photo should be like this…filled with love, laughter and the true spirit showing through!!

14. Abby Grace

December 9th, 2011 at 4:13 pm

I love this post! I love the glimpse into your family’s life. The canvas you did last year with everyone’s individual photo and the group image is something I’ve been thinking of doing for my mom, but I can never get everyone together at the same time. Maybe next year!

15. Jan _Green Tree Photography

December 9th, 2011 at 4:13 pm

These are SOO sweet! Thanks for sharing these precious moments with your gorgeous family! You are blessed =)

16. Tasha Prescott

December 9th, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Gorgeous Jasmine! Love the backlight, but adore it in the image of you and JD! Beautiful family!

17. Rachel Ranalli

December 9th, 2011 at 4:15 pm

These are SO CUTE! I feel like I have met the whole family now!

18. Mike Moore

December 9th, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Jasmine, I love the "in-between" moments and how you capture real life and real love. Congrats!

19. Chrisinda Treadwell

December 9th, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Such a beautiful family! Love these kind of family images!

20. Katherine Salvatori

December 9th, 2011 at 4:18 pm

This made me feel all warm and mushy inside!!

21. Neda Lahrodi-Blake

December 9th, 2011 at 4:23 pm

You are blessed to have them and one lucky family to have such a dedicated daughter, sister, wife, friend. xx

22. Ashley Goodwin

December 9th, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I absolutely love these, especially the last one where you and Bianaca are totally being twinsies. And your brother. 😉

23. Laura Fiore

December 9th, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Nice to see everyone was well behaved for your family photos! I’m sure the memories they evoke are perfectly you and yours! LOVE them!

24. Shannon K.

December 9th, 2011 at 4:34 pm

You most certainly DO deserve to have such a wonderful family. And they are equally lucky to have you! Something tells me, it just wouldn’t (dys)function quite the same way without you!! 😉

25. eric vargas

December 9th, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Luv the family shots just alittle more to know about u luv your style

26. Reverie Magazine

December 9th, 2011 at 4:43 pm

But where oh where is Polo? Beautiful family and beautiful photos! x

27. Regina Marie

December 9th, 2011 at 4:44 pm

What a beautiful family! The whole lot of you are amazing, you can tell just by the photos. you can really feel the love your family has in these. Thank you for sharing your family with us.

28. Keren

December 9th, 2011 at 4:44 pm

LOVE!! You think I wouldn’t be so shocked that you and your sister look so much a like…I mean you are twins…but it is so weird looking at 2 of you! haha. You should post a pic of the two of you next to each other wearing the same thing. 🙂

29. Tara

December 9th, 2011 at 4:48 pm

These are fabulous! LOVE all the genuine laughter

30. Caroline Lima

December 9th, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Jasmine! I love the pictures!!! Oh boy, looking at your latin family makes me miss mine even more! It is hard to be away. I wish all the best to you and your family. Give them a big Brazilian hug for me!

31. Shane Bradley

December 9th, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Hahaha "Back-back-back it up…" Love the dance photo…and all the rest of course!! Happy December Jasmine and JD!! 🙂

32. Aimee

December 9th, 2011 at 4:57 pm

You were the first twin born, right? You have to be! Love the family candid photos!

33. Michelle March

December 9th, 2011 at 5:06 pm

I don’t say this to you enough… I’m so thankful for everything you do to help and inspire. You have an awesome family. You’re all so lucky to have one another. 🙂

34. Jen K.

December 9th, 2011 at 5:13 pm

this is so stinkin’ sweet and I especially love the last photo of just you and JD!

35. Jenny E

December 9th, 2011 at 5:14 pm

This is what life is all about. It is amazing how a photo can say so much. This is love & happiness at its best.

36. Haley Johnston

December 9th, 2011 at 5:15 pm

This is so great! The pictures are beautiful!

37. kati

December 9th, 2011 at 5:15 pm

It’s so good to be loved! Loved this post! Merry Christmas!

38. Nicole Lennox

December 9th, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Love, love, love! I was TRYING to get this type of outcome for my recent family pics but when the weather dropped below 40, everyone bailed… Here’s to next year!

39. Jessica

December 9th, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Ok, so your dancing picture totally made me think of the movie with Sandra Bullock where she’s dancing out in the woods…can’t remember the name of it. But this totally made me think of that scene. Hilarious. How awesome you have a family who all gets along 🙂

40. Nicky Chadwick-Buckley

December 9th, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Gorgeous as always 🙂

41. Tardy

December 9th, 2011 at 5:38 pm

HAHA! that first picture is a keeper for the living room wall for sure! glad to see JD getting some face time on the blog! 🙂

42. Jeni Brower

December 9th, 2011 at 5:39 pm

You guys look like you had so much fun! I’m glad you all took the time to hang out together & I’d love to hear what was making everybody laugh…even the kids! 🙂

43. Christa Hann

December 9th, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Okay so I wanna see a photo of the twin sisters dressed alike 🙂 you know just like when you were young.

44. ashley barnett

December 9th, 2011 at 6:34 pm

even your family photos are glamorous!! we tried to do ours last night, but the christmas lights blew out halfway through…. JUST MY LUCK. So maybe no one will get Christmas Cards this year… hrmph.

45. KB

December 9th, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Happy happy happy! 🙂

46. marisa

December 9th, 2011 at 6:56 pm

home alone is my favorite christmas movie of all time!!! and my family would totally do the same thing…i love it 🙂

47. kristin Nicole

December 9th, 2011 at 7:07 pm

So fun…just love it!

48. Liz

December 9th, 2011 at 7:24 pm

This made me smile – a lot. In March my small family will be getting together in the same place at the same time for the first time in 7 years (we’ve been brother & sister together, or brother and parents, or sister and parents, across 3 different countries). And we’ll be welcoming two new additions – my husband and my brother’s girlfriend (also a Dani!). Your post reminded me to get my bum in gear and practice seamlessly setting up a tripod and then sprinting to the group 🙂 Gorgeous photos and I love the black and white!

49. Samantha R

December 9th, 2011 at 7:45 pm

I seriously didn’t know that you had a twin sister; cool!
    I’m a twin too and we are very identical. Honestly, I can barely tell you and Bianca apart so you must be identical too?
    Great family shots and it looks like you all had a blast!

50. Nancy Wyatt

December 9th, 2011 at 8:10 pm

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!! Hugs from Conroe, TX

51. Tanya Petraglia

December 9th, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Oh Jasmine! I did a belly laugh! xo

52. Lauren Wakefield

December 9th, 2011 at 9:37 pm

This whole post makes me smile.

53. Alex W

December 9th, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Your brother is HOT! Can I trade my husband in for him? Ha ha… Only joking…. a bit!

54. Abbie Kressner

December 9th, 2011 at 10:19 pm

I feel your pain on the nightmares of identicalness! It’s really annoying when people think you are literally only 1/2 a person. But… at the end of the day, I would rather have her in my life than not!

55. Life with Kaishon

December 9th, 2011 at 10:31 pm

The love here…it just makes me cry. So beautiful.

56. Juliet

December 9th, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Love the photos! So much fun. My twin sister gets mad at me when we dress alike too. But, it’s not my fault. It’s a twin thing right?

57. Denise Prichett

December 10th, 2011 at 1:49 am

I love the black and white photos. It looks like you all had a good time – getting everyone together for one photo is truly an achievement. 😉

58. Angie Mack

December 10th, 2011 at 2:18 am

I always look forward during this time when you post your beautiful family Christmas photos. Your photos always somehow make me feel like I’ve jump out of myself and into the your family mix. Thanks for sharing them, J*. Oh…by the way…I adore the shot of you and JD and Bianca and Matt and especially of your beautiful parents. Merry Christmas!

59. Stacey - Total City Girl

December 10th, 2011 at 2:53 am

Glad you had such a nice time. Happy to see you are so close with your family. Have a great weekend!

60. Sherry Hebestreit

December 10th, 2011 at 5:36 am

Loved seeing this happy family. The secret ingredients are Love and having fun together!

61. Avishek

December 10th, 2011 at 7:41 am

Awesome photos. The first time I saw photos of your twin sister, i got confused with you. 😛 Its indeed a very nice feeling to have a wonderful family. God bless to all. BTW I am a fan of your work. I feel inspired all the time.

62. Alicia Candelora

December 10th, 2011 at 9:55 am

So OUR family photos pretty much all turned out like the first one in this blog. 11 people and a dog always family family portrait time very, very interesting. Thank God for a tripod and photoshop so that I could piece together a picture where everyone was at least looking at the camera…

63. Schaffer Photography

December 10th, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Your family seems like so much fun!! I love it 🙂

64. michelle gunton

December 10th, 2011 at 4:49 pm

real laughter makes the best family pictures. Love them!

65. Jodie Lemke

December 10th, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Beautiful! THIS is family.. this right here! Love it!

66. Vasia

December 10th, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Adorable family! We have a big fat crazy family spread out all over Canada, Greece and Korea… If I EVER get everyone in the same room together, I’m locking ’em in until we get a decent group shot!

67. Giovanna

December 10th, 2011 at 9:36 pm

aaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww and again another aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww I’m so happy to see you enjoy like this with your family Jasmine, you deserve that and more sister!

68. Jill Samter Photography

December 10th, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Absolutely beautiful and real!

I adore your love for one another and that shot of you and JD heads touching – PERFECT!
    xoxo Merry Christmas!!

69. Mireya :)

December 10th, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Happy Decadent December to you
    I ? the prayer 😀

70. Mom

December 11th, 2011 at 3:16 pm

I loved the whole idea of going up to the mountains this year for our family pictures. Jasmine, like always, your pictures bring a smile to my face! I love you, Mom

71. LEOLAK

December 11th, 2011 at 3:46 pm

LOVE THIS!!! So awesome…I bet it’s a blast to hang out with all of you! Great pics…and love love the last shot of you and JD!! Talk about swoon and sizzle in one pic!!!

72. Jessica St. Johns Photography

December 12th, 2011 at 12:52 am

Jasmine, among the many things that you inspire me to do, I think I am going to have to add "Don’t be afraid to edit moremoremore in black and white." to that list…I love how your family photos look so ridiculously fun, but so completely classy at the same time.

P.S. I freaking adore your parents.

73. Ren

December 12th, 2011 at 7:06 am

Your family is gorgeous and they look so fun! I think it’s hilariously adorable that you and your twin dressed similarly.

74. Belinda

December 12th, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Awww! These are awesome Jasmine! Thanks for sharing!

75. ALMA

December 12th, 2011 at 9:04 pm

You captured the true essence of your family, soo..lovely.

76. tim king

December 12th, 2011 at 10:26 pm

awesome post, jazz. really, really glad to see you taking advantage of this time together with friends/family. makes me wonder if this is something that’s going to affect how you do things moving forward?

77. Em

December 13th, 2011 at 12:20 am

I really appreciate that your family is normal. Well, at least by my family’s experience of normal. : -)

78. Samantha

December 13th, 2011 at 4:23 am

You have a twin?!! Me too! 🙂 Love the family photos! It’s cool they’re in black and white. Your family is awesome : )

79. cassandra-m

December 13th, 2011 at 5:50 am

Love the b/w photo series…but more than that, I love all the emotions I can feel from just looking at the images . . . happiness . . . Love . . . Joy . . . Fun . . . And happiness again! Hello Jasmine’s family! Merry Christmas!

80. Moch

December 13th, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Yo’ sista Bianca look exactly you! She is gorg too! Happy Holidays 🙂

81. Wess Gray

December 14th, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Jasmine, Please give yourself a gift for 2036, a 24×36 matted, glassed, and framed portrait of the last image. It will be a treasure.

82. Jon Hurst (Bristol wedding photographer)

December 15th, 2011 at 5:37 pm

What a fun, smiley family you have Jasmine. Great natural shots!

83. Evonne Wong

December 15th, 2011 at 10:08 pm

What a beautiful and fun family. Can we sign up for the next gathering? 🙂

84. Stacey

December 18th, 2011 at 6:39 am

Okay-obviously you are an identical twin! I’ve heard of feeling each other’s feelings but making each other’s faces (at the same time) and in a portrait, no less, is crazy!!!