EXPOSED : One Year Later

One year ago today, I launched what would become one of my crazy, wildest, and proudest adventures: self-publishing EXPOSED Magazine. At first I thought it’d be a photography book, but it took its final shape in 186 glossy pages, a decision that scared the heck out of me…but one year later feels like an epidermal layer to my soul. This magazine has allowed me to connect with the most amazing readers and my life won’t be the same after intersecting with theirs.

It’s because of them–because of you, if you read it–that I can say I’m dreaming. Out loud…and in print.

Putting my thoughts, fears, and stories into words was one of the most complex things I’ve done, but in the process I’ve been able to connect with many people who share similar stories

When we published EXPOSED, I didn’t realize the magazine would weave stories together and provide a push when needed…

Not too long ago, I attended a conference and was struck with the realization that dreams will always be dreams until I make them a reality. It was there that I decided to move forward with the magazine (yes, even though I still thought it was impossible) and gave myself a time limit…I had to make this happen before 11.11.11. I immediately contacted my graphic designer, Promise Tangeman, and told her about my crazy/impossible idea. Jasmine, you know I’ve never designed a magazine before, right? We somehow decided we were up for the challenge.

If you’re unfamiliar with EXPOSED, here’s a sneak peek of how things came to life…

I feel like a better person being able to call many readers friends. The process of following your dreams is pock-mocked with doubt and fear, but stepping toward what you want reassures you of the needed faith to make things happen. If anything, I’m proud to connect with people on this real level and it’s an honor I cherish.

For those of you who joined on this journey in the past year, THANK YOU…I’m a better person because of your support and I’m thankful to take risks with you at my side.

Stay Fabulous,

1. Lyn

November 12th, 2012 at 3:55 pm

You go, Jasmine! You’re such an inspiration!

2. Urลกka

November 12th, 2012 at 4:18 pm

It’s amazing what you give to other people with all this sharing and writing. I didn’t read the Exposed magazine, but i did read almost all your blog posts from start to finish and i’ve learnt so much! Thank you, Jasmine!

p.s. I have a question…will there be an online version of Exposed anytime in the future? ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Ashley Lynn

November 12th, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Wow, I can’t believe it’s already been ONE year! Exposed helped me so much. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for publishing exposed! You continue to inspire me in photography, life and business! Thanks for being you!

4. Faith Cherisse

November 12th, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Exposed is and will always be awesome! Thank you for sharing so much of yourself, you are an inspiration!

5. B

November 12th, 2012 at 5:11 pm

CONGRATS!!! Love you ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Casey

November 12th, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I have a lot of pride in associating myself with your reflection. I too, read your magazine cover to cover in the car on a road trip. It was one of the best purchases I’ve made this year.

Thank you for your continual inspiration.

7. Clare

November 12th, 2012 at 5:47 pm

You’re an extraordinary inspiration Jasmine. Kudo’s to you for you making your dreams happen and for helping others in the process.

8. Kimberly Kay

November 12th, 2012 at 6:36 pm

It has been fun to follow your career these past few years. You are a marketing master! You have done well and selling your brand…"You". Bravo!!! ~K

9. Kimberly

November 12th, 2012 at 7:04 pm

How do I get a copy?

10. scott

November 12th, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Jasmine, you constantly amaze me and many others with your ability to constantly inspire us with your stories/ideas.
    Exposed is a great magazine/book filled with great copy and your wonderful images.
    Please please keep helping us !

11. Shayla

November 12th, 2012 at 7:30 pm

A year later, thanks again for writing Exposed. Your willingness to help others is the best inspiration for us photographers. We need more people in the world like you Jasmine!!

12. Whitney Lane Arnett

November 12th, 2012 at 8:33 pm

I concur with everything said. I loved exposed and felt it really helped me start pushing myself further this past year. I hope to see a volume 2 in the future!

13. Kirk Willcox

November 12th, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I still have my magazine which is kept it in a safe place to avoid scratches, etc. It’s is like my bible LOL. I also have the note that you sent to thank me for my purchase displayed on my desk to remind me to chase my dreams. Thank you Jasmine!

14. Barbara Marcella

November 12th, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Exposed was amazing! Thank you so much for showing us your story, you have inspired me more than you’ll ever know…and i cried too at the end of the magazine! You’re amazing Jasmine! <3

15. Cindy Habel

November 12th, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Thank you!! Thank you for an awesome, beautiful and incredibly helpful magazine. Just love EXPOSED!! And well done for taking your ‘crazy’ idea and making it reality ๐Ÿ™‚

16. Karen

November 12th, 2012 at 10:29 pm

I loved reading Exposed. Your writing is so fluid and your story is beautiful. =]

17. Jessica

November 12th, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Wow! I’m new to all of this and your words have been a huge reminder that we are all human! We all struggle and everyone. EVERYONE. starts somewhere. Thank you!

18. Kim Renee

November 13th, 2012 at 12:41 am

Exposed helped me so much!! When I find myself in instances that you described in your book, I always reflect back to it. It’s a good feeling to know you’re not alone.

19. Lily

November 13th, 2012 at 12:47 am

Thank you Jasmine for being brave and sharing your story! Exposed is awesome, can you keep going with like volume 2 ๐Ÿ˜‰

November 13th, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Exposed is one of my prized photography resources! Thank you, Jasmine, for continuing to be that constant source of inspiration and encouragement!

21. Alexis

November 14th, 2012 at 3:45 am

AGREED to ALL the ABOVE (comments from your fans and admirers/readers of EXPOSED)!

Your going with your gut, stepping out on faith with God at the helm inspired me to continue doing the same and it’s most definitely paying off!

You are an inspiration! ๐Ÿ™‚ And did I already say how much I LOVE EXPOSED! My favorite magazine/photography book ever! ๐Ÿ™‚

22. Kristine

November 14th, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Like most that have commented I read your magazine cover to cover! Inspiring isn’t even the right word… I felt like you literally pushed me to be a better person and photographer! I have to be honest, I’m still in that beginning stages, but just knowing that so many others have gone through the same things is so comforting! You’re simply amazing! Thank you for being so open and letting us know that it’s ok not to know everything. I’m so glad you wrote this magazine and thanks for just being you ๐Ÿ™‚

23. Lisandro Rivera

November 15th, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Thanks for ALL that you do to help us out!

24. Amber

November 17th, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I loved reading Exposed! I agree with all of those comments. Thank you so much, Jasmine!

25. Mom

November 18th, 2012 at 3:18 am

Loved your magazine…..but love you more!! Mom

26. Su

February 5th, 2013 at 6:11 am

Hi Jasmine,
    Im from Sri Lanka and I have been an ardent follower of your blog and site for a long time. I LOVE love love your work and simply adore what you are doing for amateurs ๐Ÿ™‚ I would love to buy your magazine, but the check out doesnt give my country. Can you help me out please?

27. PH by PH

December 16th, 2013 at 5:07 pm

I got goosebumps watching this video! I felt soooo realated to the story! You are a great example to follow for those of us who have decided to embark on the adventure of photography.
    The image of a talented powerful woman. Congrats! PH