F Stop Beyond Podcast

Oooookay, so I got some really cool news from Ron Dawson!! He’s a phenominal videographer, but recently created a podcast for photographers and videographers called F Stop Beyond and myself and Dane Sanders to be the first guests! Woohoo!!

You can CLICK HERE to read the hear the podcast directly, or you can hear the interview by clicking on the bar below! The interview is broken into three parts: Me, Dane, then Ron asks us various questions to close out the segment. So fun!

**On a sidenote, I need to stress how AWFUL it is to hear myself speak. UGH!!! Seriously, I talked waaaay too much and it’s something I’m working on. And I sounded like a chipmunk who drank a pint of Diet Coke?!? From here on out, I’m going to try to impersonate Barry White. Seriously.** 🙂

1. Rachel Brooke

September 21st, 2007 at 7:04 pm

so you grew up in cali…i think its time for you to move to Texas! 🙂

2. Jasmine*

September 21st, 2007 at 7:09 pm

Hahaha! We actually bought an investment home in Texas and even though we like it, we don’t like it enough to move away from beeeautiful California!! 🙂

3. Rachel Brooke

September 21st, 2007 at 7:49 pm

Okay, can’t blame you. Its so humid here anyway! And you know… its kinda ironic that the two men who helped you get where you are have the same initials, just reversed. Proof that God has a sense of humor!

4. Kate Mefford

September 21st, 2007 at 9:21 pm

Jazzy—you do NOT sound like a chipmunk, my dear! Great interview…showed your personality, definitely!

5. andrea

September 21st, 2007 at 9:36 pm

Just listened! You are so inspirational–way to follow your heart! You voice is adorable.

6. Amy

September 21st, 2007 at 11:09 pm

You and Dane are so inspiring and encouraging!

7. Emily DeWan

September 21st, 2007 at 11:49 pm

That’s awesome Jasmine! Congratulations!

8. Tanya Perez

September 21st, 2007 at 11:53 pm

Loved it! The "And I sounded like a chipmunk who drank a pint of Diet Coke?!?" comment was hilarious I cracked up laughing out loud.

9. cassandra m

September 22nd, 2007 at 12:30 am

bravo…bravo…bravo. I could literally feel your happiness and excitement about photography. I sometimes feel goofy talking about how I love love love photography…so it was nice to hear the same passion in your voice. What an inspiration you truly are… 🙂

10. Brian Khang

September 22nd, 2007 at 2:14 am

Very cool Jasmine.. thanks so much for sharing your story with us. You’re truly inspirational to up and coming photographers.

11. MsB

September 22nd, 2007 at 2:27 am

FUN!!! I thought about including video clips on my official site; but, maybe an audio clip here and there would be better because 3D and I don’t mix well. *pout* Of course, like you, my voice is not like what I think I sound like, I’m more chipmunk-like too. =/

12. MsB

September 22nd, 2007 at 2:33 am

BTW, you sound like a cuter "chipmunk" than I do! =/

13. Fed

September 22nd, 2007 at 3:17 am

Thanks Jasmine, this along with what you wrote over at ProPhotoResource.com really gave me that extra bit of encouragement I needed today. Thanks your rock and are so nice.

14. Gloria Mesa

September 22nd, 2007 at 7:47 am

your voice is so cute!!!

15. Jenn Regruth

September 22nd, 2007 at 11:16 am

Your voice is lovely-very classy and well spoken. Great interview!

16. Bumatay

September 22nd, 2007 at 4:04 pm

That is so inspiring – looks like you had a blast with it! Keep up the faith.

17. david baxter

September 22nd, 2007 at 6:56 pm

jasmine you TRULY are an inspiration.

18. abraham

September 22nd, 2007 at 7:57 pm

DE LA TORRRRRRRRRE! (i was rolling my R’s as i wrote this). I dont think you sounded like a chipmunk, you sound like a happy, friendly, postitive person. Actually, since I read you were raised in LA, for some reason I thought you’d have more a "chola" accent! j/k! j/k!

19. YoMissy

September 22nd, 2007 at 8:18 pm

You really are an inspiration for someone like me who aspires to be a great photographer-your article and podcast show me that I need to keep plugging and learning! Thanks for the inspiration!

20. Dawn

September 23rd, 2007 at 11:58 pm

I loved the interview! I am hoping and praying to get into photography (I e-mailed Dane about a camera I had been eye-balling!), so to hear your story was amazing.

21. Mark Brooke

September 24th, 2007 at 2:44 am

So encouraging! I love your story it really gives me hope that i will one day be able to quit my my day job and actually survive off of my photography!

22. Jennifer

September 24th, 2007 at 3:14 pm

Wow, what an inspiration on so many levels. You are such a testimony to following passions and working out the opportunity and gifts that God has given you.

23. Ron Dawson

September 24th, 2007 at 6:38 pm

Jazz, you sounded great! And it was such an honor to have you as one of our inaugural guests. We’ll have to have you back some time. 🙂

24. Heather Espana

September 24th, 2007 at 8:35 pm

Yeah, I think it’s rare when people actually like to listen to themselves on recordings. If I have to record my voice, I always try to talk two octaves below normal just because I hate sounding like a "chipmunk". But it always sounds completely normal to everyone else whether I try to lower my voice or not. You sound great. No sweat ;).

25. Cameron Ingalls

September 25th, 2007 at 1:03 am

That was awesome! Great to hear your heart.