Free To Succeed Tour : Austin

Free To Succeed Tour : Austin

Personal

So it happened like this: We challenged each other to an arm wrestling competition, and I won. Then we had a thumb war. And I won again. We then had a mean round of Ro-Sham-Bo, and I demolished him. That’s when DJ started crying and I felt badly. So I let him stay in the master suite. Men!

In other travel news, we’re somewhere in Texas right now—close to Austin and adjacent to a river of sorts. I went running this morning; it was beautiful smelling water and mulch, and hearing the sounds of the pathway crunch from the pressure of my pace. I’m looking forward to seeing more of Austin today, although I don’t think we’ll make it into the city until it’s time for the tour.

Speaking of the tour, I want to give a shout out to all the fabulous photographers who came out to hear the Free to Succeed Tour! Individually and collectively, they rocked my world! I met such amazing people and the feedback was awesome…I can’t wait to see what these people are going to do with their lives, businesses, and future!

Here are a few images as provided by the tour photographer, Kenny Kim…I didn’t even bring my real camera, so most of the legit pictures will be provided by him! Definitely check out his blog for more images and a slideshow!

This picture cracked me up! Of course it’s totally deceiving because there were a TON of people who wanted to talk to DJ, but Kenny snapped this picture at an inopportune moment! 🙂

The ever amazing Rodrigo was on hand displaying the fabulous Couture Books

The lovely people at Couture provided samples of some of my work, so last night was my first time seeing them in their finished state…

The room was packed with 95+ photographers…and these Houstonians seriously rock! 🙂

comments

1. aric + casey -

We are so excited!!! We get to see you guys tomorrow in Dallas!!! 🙂 We CAN’T wait!!!!

7.30.08 - 4:31 pm

2. Tosha -

How do I get one of those shirts! Can’t wait for the tour in DC!

7.30.08 - 4:38 pm

3. DJ -

I’m still crying in the back room.

7.30.08 - 4:41 pm

4. dawnhaas -

No comments on anything but GIRL!!!! LOOK AT YOUR ARMS!!!! They look great, your trainer will be proud of that picture 🙂

7.30.08 - 5:04 pm

5. Christie -

Thanks so much for stopping in Houston and putting up with our heat and humidity!! Great seminar, great speakers! thank you!!!

7.30.08 - 5:18 pm

6. JULIE -

Okay, this back country girl is wondering what Ro-Sham-bo is?
    aaanndd again may i just asy AUGUST 25TH CANNOT COME SOON ENOUCH!
    "EEEEEEEEEEeeeee!!!"
    ‘0)

7.30.08 - 5:21 pm

7. Amanda Key -

That first picture is so funny. I wish I would have known he was free to talk….(we did not forget you DJ)

7.30.08 - 5:27 pm

8. allan z. -

looks like you guys are having a blast! hopefully see yah in NYC!!! 🙂

7.30.08 - 5:31 pm

9. Jenna -

Eeee… I want to go!!! Sounds and Looks like fun! Hopefully I’ll see you all in Dallas.

7.30.08 - 5:34 pm

10. MattDJ -

Woah J*! You’re showing some serious biceps in that shot holding the book!! 🙂 That first shot is def going to be one of the classics for the trip. Hilarious!! I can’t WAIT to get my hands on what Couture has to offer.

7.30.08 - 5:36 pm

11. Joanna -

DJ is such a HOOT! Look at him all lonely. Definitely bad timing by KK. Ha.

7.30.08 - 5:54 pm

12. felecie -

dont forget to hit up Chuy’s…it’s an Austin must!!

7.30.08 - 6:00 pm

13. audrey -

jasmine…
    any chance this free to succeed tour is going to make it’s way to the atlanta area? or what about jacksonville? i’d love to attend something like this!!!

7.30.08 - 6:29 pm

14. Cait -

Wow. I love that pic of DJ in the corner… I guess he’s not the highlight after all? Jk. I am so excited the tour is coming to NC, though I wish with all my might that YOU were coming here too… would you reconsider?? Please?!

7.30.08 - 6:32 pm

15. enoch photography -

You are too funny Mrs Star – your opening comments – too funny. And the 1st lonely DJ picture… Classic. //enoch

7.30.08 - 6:33 pm

16. Paper Monkey -

What a blast. Those books look amazing! Good luck on the rest of your touring adventures!

7.30.08 - 6:38 pm

17. Amber Paterson -

This looks amazing! Are you sure you don’t want to drop by Seattle on your way home?!

7.30.08 - 7:26 pm

18. Ashley -

It looks like the SD PUG all over again and I want to be there!

7.30.08 - 7:34 pm

19. Jeremy Arnold -

Does anyone know if any of the Couture Books have flush mount pages? I love the designs.

7.30.08 - 7:36 pm

20. Brittany Dawson -

Hopefully you’re loving Austin. I’m super stoked about the seminar tonight as I will for sure be there! All of Austin rocks, but I see that you like running so if you get a chance you should run on the trails of Town Lake (also now known as Lady Bird Lake) The trails along side the lake are beautiful! See you tonight!

7.30.08 - 7:40 pm

21. Jamie -

Oh my! What big guns you have! I think everyone that attended last night is like SO PUMPED UP right now! I’m visiting all of these blogs and man, we are all FIRED UP!!

7.30.08 - 7:47 pm

22. Hanssie -

Wow, you are too nice, swayed by a man’s tears…(I am shaking my head)

7.30.08 - 8:10 pm

23. Alicia -

I’m not a photographer but where can I get tickets to the gun show? You look so fit!

7.30.08 - 8:28 pm

24. Furious Photographers -

Wow I can’t wait until you two come to LA! I am so anxious to meet you and DJ!

7.30.08 - 8:55 pm

25. Ben and Amy -

K.I.R.!!!!We had a GREAT time!! Thank you so much for coming to Houston. This was seriously the best workshop we have been to…and DJ is the man, true business man. That shots great of him by himself. To his credit, people stayed away during that time because he was setting up 🙂

7.30.08 - 9:26 pm

26. lauraim -

ok, this is totally of the subject, but j*, nice guns girl! we should arm wrestle some time 😉

7.30.08 - 9:39 pm

27. Courteney Miller -

Chris (hubby) and I had so much fun last night at the Houston show and we learned SO much! Thank you so much for sharing so much of who you are and what you’ve done! I have the picture of me and you posted on my blog now!!!

7.30.08 - 9:57 pm

28. Miranda -

This post just got me even more excited. Can’t wait to meet you in Dallas tomorrow!!!

7.30.08 - 11:15 pm

29. Tynan -

Jasmine you rocked last night! Your energy and excitement was palpable and it just got me motivated to really GO FOR IT with my business. Thanks!

7.31.08 - 12:58 am

30. Ashley K -

Jasmine, It was so great to meet you in person last night. The presentation was so real and geniune (and fun!) and was truly one of the best evenings I’ve spent with any of the photography "greats" in the industry. Thank you for sharing your time and energy with us!

7.31.08 - 1:48 am

31. Katherine Bowman -

Of course he started crying with those pipes!! 🙂

7.31.08 - 2:28 am

32. Alina Prax -

Jasmine, we just got home from the Sheraton and LOVED the entire presentation. Thank you for coming to Austin and shining some starlight on us tonite, we enjoyed it so much. Your talk about branding was really inspirational and I’m totally stealing your box idea! 😉
    Warm wishes and have a great time in Dallas!

Alina

7.31.08 - 4:34 am

33. Brittany Dawson -

Y’all seriously rocked my face off tonight! Thank you so much for putting forth the time and effort to help others. Have a safe drive up to the Big D!

7.31.08 - 6:52 am

34. Spamboy -

Welcome to the Lone Star state. You’re quite brave to run outside this time of year — it’s more like swimming than jogging.

7.31.08 - 10:23 am

35. Amy Watson -

I see me in the pictures! You did SUCH a great job Jasmine! My husband and I had a wonderful-information-filled time! We learned a lot from you. Thanks!

7.31.08 - 12:06 pm

36. Jen & Stacey -

OMG!!!! You are truly fabulous – inside and out! We really enjoyed getting to meet you and loved your inspirational chat on branding. Our new motto – K.I.R. Enjoy the rest of your tour.

7.31.08 - 1:43 pm

37. Jeremy -

Had an awesome time last night. Wooo!

7.31.08 - 2:31 pm

38. Melissa Andries -

I had a great time in Houston!!! It was well worth the drive for me!!

7.31.08 - 4:02 pm

39. Dave McLaughlin -

Thanks again for the great info on branding and your rise to success. Sorry I did have a "word" to describe myself. I was praying you wouldn’t call on me!

7.31.08 - 8:05 pm

40. Alice -

Hey Jasmine! You guys were awesome! We really enjoyed the seminar. It was not only informative but you guys made it FUN!!! 🙂

7.31.08 - 8:32 pm

41. cassandra m -

that first photo is hilarious and DJ seriously looks like he is daydreaming anyways…ha.ha. These Couture books look amazing. & congrats on your pics being SHOWCASED. How very proud you must be.

8.1.08 - 4:59 am

42. Erika Barrientes -

Whoo hoo!! I got to attend the totally inspiring Austin seminar hosted by none other than Mr. David Jay and the beautiful Jasmine Star! What an inspiring pair those two are! They are so hyped about what they do and more over they just can’t wait to share with you their insights on the photography of business and how everything works together. What fun!

As I typed my first blog post about the seminar, it was way after 1 in the morning and I STILL wanted to learn more and reflect on what I had learned! But, since my hubby tells me that I needed to get some much needed rest, I just had to call it a night and reflect later! What a great seminar … It was totaly worth the expense and drive to get there … and I’m soooo gona pro-activly rock my five words 😉

Thanks Jasmine for all that you do!

8.2.08 - 4:28 am

43. Nhi -

J* – I’m a bit behind but wanted to stop by and thank you for a wonderful presentation. Seriously, I’m still reeling from all that was shared, constantly pouring over my notes, and trying to put into action all I’ve learned. 🙂

I wish you a wonderful tour and safe travels across the states.

8.6.08 - 8:45 am

44. Lydia -

That first picture is too funny!

8.18.08 - 3:03 am