Free To Succeed Tour : Chicago

Personal

An eleven-year-old boy who wanted to teach me all things Gameboy. A Cookie Lee saleswoman. A beautiful financial planner from Newport Coast. A stay-at-home father. A college student. A retired teacher. These are the people I sat next to on flights to new cities in the past week. When JD picked me up from the airport, I kinda felt like I’ve been living on the inside silver cocktail shaker—stirred, on the rocks, and dirty.

After JD prepared an amazing dinner, I sat on the couch and stared blankly as the Women’s Beach Volleyball won the gold medal. It was late, and I was tired. Oh.So.Very.Tired. It was then when JD said what had been on both our minds all day…

Hey, Jaz, you look beat.

And I looked at him with eyes that were all, YOU THINK?!

The good news is that I slept well and now life is back on track for me here in Orange County. I’ll be catching up with editing and emails today, so I hope to be so productive my fingers start smoking from all the work I’m doing. Well, because, I’m hoping today I’ll be THAT fast.

The Free to Succeed seminar in Chicago was absolutely amazing and I have to thank the 160+ photographers who attended! Chicago sure knows how to make a girl feel welcomed, so thanks for proving that the Windy City knows how to represent! One of the cool things about the seminar was that it was filmed in its entirety, so if you haven’t been able to make the tour, you’ll be able to purchase it soon! I don’t have details, but as soon as it’s ready, I’ll blog about it.

A special thanks to Kenny Kim for taking pictures of the seminar…definitely check out his blog for more!

I’m home to shoot a fabulous wedding this weekend in Los Angeles, then JD and I are rejoining the tour in New York City! Holllllllllla! And here’s a TOUR UPDATE: I’ll be staying on the tour through Boston, so if you’re in the New England area, I’d love to meet you!

Happy Thursday!

comments

1. Cheyenne Schultz

August 21st, 2008 at 3:17 pm

How about you just swing on over to Charlotte, NC on 9/2 as well?

🙂

2. marlene

August 21st, 2008 at 3:55 pm

annnnd… you could head to Charlotte after you visit Alexandria 😀 only a 5.5. hour drive, 4.5 if your driver puts the pedal to the metal 🙂

3. Yazy

August 21st, 2008 at 4:05 pm

The seminar was AWESOME!! Jasmine you Rock!!!! I am so happy you came to Chicago. 🙂

4. Erin Harvey

August 21st, 2008 at 4:09 pm

At least beach volleyball wasn’t on as late as on the east coast. I couldn’t even stay awake for the end = ( Hope to meet you in NYC. =)

5. Matt Hall

August 21st, 2008 at 4:09 pm

Jasmine It was great to hear your "story" in Chicago. I am totally inspired by you and even DJ. I could have gone to the Indy because it is closer but Indy doesn’t have a J Star! Thanks so much!

6. Natalie Barlow

August 21st, 2008 at 4:17 pm

I miss you already!!! 🙂

7. Jane Chung

August 21st, 2008 at 4:23 pm

I love NYC!! Have a blast!

August 21st, 2008 at 4:58 pm

I’m so glad Paul filmed the whole thing! I’ve been trying to put things into practice, but I feel like there are a lot of gaps that need to be filled. I took 13 pages of notes, but that still didn’t cover everything!

9. Erica Ferrone

August 21st, 2008 at 5:00 pm

I can’t BELIEVE you are coming to Boston!!!!! I am so so so excited 🙂

10. Keri Schimpf

August 21st, 2008 at 5:24 pm

So excited you’ll be in Boston too!! I’ll definitely be sure to say hello 🙂 Yay for staying on the tour!!!!!! xoxo

11. Megan Beth

August 21st, 2008 at 5:45 pm

oh my goodness….Pppppaaaaaalllllleeeeeeeeease stay till DC 🙂

12. andrew hsu

August 21st, 2008 at 5:58 pm

man it looks like you guys are having a blast. i wish i was there!

13. nena

August 21st, 2008 at 7:09 pm

I’m so glad to see you’re having such a nice time and making such a difference in people’s lives. I want to be like you when I grow up! =-)

14. terri z

August 21st, 2008 at 8:34 pm

lucky boston !!!!!!
    any chance of florida being added to your trip ?
    please oh please 🙂
    definitely keep us updated on the video of chicago – if you can’t make it to florida , i will definitely be purchasing it !!

15. Annie P.

August 22nd, 2008 at 12:34 am

Chicago is my hometown! I hope you had a blast there…it’s an awesome place!

16. You make me LOVE to be ME.

August 22nd, 2008 at 1:03 am

Jasmine, you kicked it hard in Chicago! Thanks a million for all the effort you put out, for coming so far to give the rest of the country some love (I had been HOPING you would!). My wheels are spinning with all the information you gave…inspired is such a bland word for what I felt when I left! I’m DETERMINED…

17. Steve Chellappa

August 22nd, 2008 at 3:48 am

OHH… you love our city… and you know what CHI-TOWN LOVES YOU TOO… thanks again for your words, it was great to finally meet you and I’m so thankful that God gave me the opportunity to hear you speak. PS: Your blog is so SICK, just… WOO WOO NASTY!!! (a good thing, not insulting) Be BLESSED! 🙂

18. Erin

August 22nd, 2008 at 5:22 am

I wish you could have been in Indy tonight! DJ was great none the less though. I’ll have to catch you sometime down the road I guess!

19. kristi klemens

August 22nd, 2008 at 7:18 am

Well, believe it or not, i was one of those people sitting next to you on the flight home to OC from Chicago 🙂 I knew you must’ve been SO exhausted and I had to just shut up, put my selfish ideas away, and put myself in your shoes – I know how sucky it can be traveling and how you just want to be left alone. I just wanted to turn around, stand up and shout, "hey everyone, do you know who this incredible lil lady is!?" haha – but i held back. Anyways, i thought i’d say hi now and am just happy to say i sat by ya, ha!

KEEP ROCKIN!

ps) LOVE the new site!

20. Sarah W

August 22nd, 2008 at 2:30 pm

Nashville…….It would be sooooo great if you made it Nashville!!

21. JulieG

August 22nd, 2008 at 5:16 pm

Im glad you got to rest, i guess honestly because im selfish and I’ve been worried since the tour began that by the time you reached us new yorkers you’d be burnt out! I hope you’re weekend rocks! and Ill see you monday!
    yayaay!!!!!!!!

22. Kristen Carlson

August 22nd, 2008 at 8:29 pm

Jasmine! It was SO amazing to see you and DJ in Chicago. You’re even more adorable and fun in person, if that’s even possible! Thanks again for the words of wisdom and inspiration. We left the seminar all jazzed up and full of ideas – we talked about it the whole way home… a 3+ hour drive! 🙂

23. Kelly

August 22nd, 2008 at 10:05 pm

Thanks for coming to Chicago…I am so inspired and feel like I am ready to take on the world! P.S. That’s me in the turquoise shirt above 😉

24. joyful weddings and events

August 23rd, 2008 at 4:43 am

Enjoy your time at home girl!

25. Leah

August 24th, 2008 at 1:12 am

J- Hearing you speak was everything I thought it would be. Even though I don’t know you, I felt like I did! You definitely KIR, girl! It was so great to hear your story. Thanks for the great motivation and useful info. I want to be you when I grow up!! God bless.

26. Jackie Blair

August 24th, 2008 at 4:00 pm

It was so great to finally meet you fellow pk! Gotta say though, my dads presbyterian and he doesn’t exactly get the amens & mmhmms outloud!

27. Paper Monkey

August 25th, 2008 at 10:50 pm

I love Chicago. It’s such a fun city. I hope you got a chance to see some sites while you were there, and maybe head over to have a cheezbuger cheezbuger cheezbuger.

28. Stephenie Dame

August 26th, 2008 at 8:12 pm

I soooo wish I could have been there =(

29. Amy

August 27th, 2008 at 2:28 pm

This seminar was so great! I’m excited to know that it will be available to purchase as a video… I will buy it!

You and DJ really inspired me in Chicago. I cannot wait to take a retreat and put what I learned to good use!!! And I’m not just talkin’ bout it!!! Myself and a few other photographers are planning on a retreat in Hawaii to recharge ourselves and our businesses.

Thanks so much for keeping it REAL and inspirational!
    Amy

30. Vanessa

August 29th, 2008 at 12:31 am

Hey J*!

It was great to meet you in Chicago!! yeah….I was the girl who actually cut in line to get a picture with ya. Seriously, I’m not normally so RUDE, but my friends and I had a 5 hour drive home that night…
    It was SO worth it to come to chi-town! Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us.
    Oh- fellow PK checkin’ IN!! 😉