Free To Succeed Tour : Dallas

Free To Succeed Tour : Dallas

Personal

Last night was a first for me. I have one word: WHATABURGER. The tour bus made a stop at the ungodly hour of midnight for dinner. Yes, dinner. The stop was originally just for Brett to get a bite to eat, but because the rest of us have will power comprised of the strength of wet noodles, we discovered the glory that is WHATABURGER. Thank you. Thank you, Austin, for exposing me to Texas toast, mustard on a grilled cheese, and making me workout twice as long this morning to repeat for my caloric transgressions.

We’re in Dallas now, but I’ll be posting pictures from the Austin show last night a little bit later today, so stop on by again! πŸ™‚

**Updated to Add**
Well, I received two pieces of bummer news today, so I was in a funk. But, like any good American girl, I rallied back with a little retail therapy at Northpark Mall in Dallas. It was a like a home away from home! A special thanks goes to the girls at Intermix for cheering me up and furthering confirming my love for this city!

**Updated to Add**
Here are a few images from the our tour stop in Austin..I had such a lovely time and I can’t wait to go back and visit again soon! Thank you to all the fabulous people who showed up and rocked the night out!

comments

1. Navy Sou -

As Rachel Ray would say…"YUMM-O" and "DEE-LISH"!!!

7.31.08 - 5:37 pm

2. Nena -

Looks like you’re having so much fun!

7.31.08 - 5:38 pm

3. Brandi Tejeda -

haha! Its so cute that you loved Whataburger! It is the best fast food burger ever! πŸ™‚

7.31.08 - 5:48 pm

4. Kenneth Martin -

Whataburger, or as we say in Texas, "Wat-er-burger" is great! But not as great as your presentation in Houston. I am totally inspired! Thanks for taking the time away from home to share with the rest of us.

7.31.08 - 5:51 pm

5. Heather Jorgensen -

Hey Jasmine! It was an unbelievable experience last night – meeting and hear you and DJ speak. Thank you so much for coming to Austin! *hugs*

7.31.08 - 5:59 pm

6. Scott Helsel -

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to come to Austin and speak. The information you shared about branding was just what I needed. It seems like a daunting task but one that is vital. Thanks!

Glad to see that enjoyed one of our regional delicacies…its hard to beat a Whataburger!

7.31.08 - 6:06 pm

7. andie -

if you want really good hamburgers in Big D go to twisted root in deep ellum area. REALLY good! or the best place ever is Lee Harvey’s in the douth side. the owner is also a photographer!

7.31.08 - 6:13 pm

8. Julia Williams -

I was in Texas for a hearing once, and someone told me his office was next to the ‘Waterburger’ and that we should go there for lunch. My reaction was WTF???? But I agree… it was surprisingly delicious! (especially compared to what I thought a ‘water burger’ would be!)

7.31.08 - 6:19 pm

9. Stacy Cross -

Oh my goodness. It has taken me almost 27 years of my life to train myself to stay AWAY from Whataburger! It’s sooooo good. πŸ™‚ It was wonderful seeing you last night – you’re so great, Jasmine!

7.31.08 - 7:05 pm

10. lora -

Oh no! AP sucked you guys in! Did she mention the fancy ketchup? πŸ˜‰ It’s so dangerous that there is one right in front of my house. Thank goodness I don’t eat the animals with eyelashes! πŸ™‚

7.31.08 - 7:33 pm

11. FRED EGAN -

Texas’ best answer to In-N-Out πŸ˜‰

7.31.08 - 7:40 pm

12. Erin Renee -

Tell me you got a chocolate shake! — The best. If not, don’t worry, Dallas is stocked full of Whataburgers!

7.31.08 - 8:04 pm

13. Ashley Allen -

Dude…the minute I left the Houston seminar, my car was on auto to get there.

The 3 best things about Whataburger is:
    1. The ketchup
    2. They start breakfast at 11pm
    3 They are EVERYWHERE!

πŸ™‚

7.31.08 - 8:10 pm

14. Tanya Perez -

Whataburger rocks. πŸ™‚ See you tonight!

7.31.08 - 8:28 pm

15. Eric -

Whataburger is cool…but I love In and Out. First meal I gotta have whenever I visit CA is always In and Out. Makes me drool just thinking about it! By the way, I really enjoyed both yours and DJ’s presentation. It stuffed my brain with great ideas. Awesome!

7.31.08 - 8:39 pm

16. Reyna -

Um, Jas, you look frighteningly good at midnight. Jealous, some? Yep!!!

7.31.08 - 8:51 pm

17. Shelia -

Whataburger does ROCK!! I can not wait to get home and get a Waterburger (as we call it) and some good ol fries!! So wish I was there to attend the tour.

7.31.08 - 9:42 pm

18. sheila -

what happened πŸ™ ?

7.31.08 - 9:51 pm

19. Tanya Jose -

man…everytime i come by your blog & see these photos from the tour, i get more & more jealous that you’re not coming to Seattle!! DJ…SEATTLE NEEDS LOVE TOO!! LOL πŸ™‚ Happy touring!!

7.31.08 - 9:57 pm

20. Kevin Keith Photography -

Missin me some WHATABURGER!

7.31.08 - 10:40 pm

21. kristen -

SWEET! You can totally tell I had a great time! Thanks, y’all and come back again real soon, ya hear?

8.1.08 - 12:47 am

22. ...Erika Lais Photo blog -

1. What about your diet????
    2. Tell us about Texan boots … I know , you love it!!!!! πŸ™‚ ….. kkkkkkkkk!!!!!! xoxo

8.1.08 - 1:51 am

23. Marianne Wilson -

Hope you are feeling better.

8.1.08 - 3:04 am

24. Scarlett Lillian -

You’re such a rock*! Glad to see the tour got started off great! I wish you were coming closer to me so I could see you again!

8.1.08 - 4:20 am

25. cassandra m -

you make me smile and looks like you had everyone else smiling too. wish i could have heard you speak. could you have Kenny You-Tube you after all the tours are done…ha.ha.

8.1.08 - 5:01 am

26. Val McCormick Photography -

LOL, I know the first time I saw whataburger I couldn’t get through the menu without cracking up. So glad to see that everything is going well. I can’t wait to see you in NY! Shopping is always therapeutic πŸ˜‰

8.1.08 - 6:46 am

27. Stacey -

I absolutely loved the workshop you and DJ put on in Austin! It was so inspiring and informative. Your personality rocks! I am just getting into photography on a more serious level and now I feel like I have the tools to proceed. Good luck with the rest of the tour and thanks for including the photo you took with my sister and I on your blog! Awesome! (That’s me in the pink) πŸ™‚

8.1.08 - 5:01 pm

28. Rachel Brooke -

Yet another reason you should just move to texas……..whataburger! That place is so cruel but yet sooo kind.

8.1.08 - 10:38 pm

29. Yvonne L -

OMG how much do I miss WHATABURGER?! My only saving grace is that in CA we have In’n’Out! The thing I miss most about whataburger is their sweet tea… I used to grab one every day!

OH WHATABURGER! I MISS YOU! Who would of thought I would of missed something so frivulous as sweet iced tea whataburger style? Oh the good time and memories… me and my tea…

8.2.08 - 3:53 am

30. Kathi -

Welcome to Texas, Jasmine! While I didn’t have the opportunity to meet you personally, my husband and his friends did. They attended the Houston show and have been talking about it ever since. You and David Jay sparked something in them that I haven’t seen in a while. Thank you!!!

8.2.08 - 5:16 am

31. BRETT -

Whataburger is so good… I guess I find the need to lick it off of DJ’s fingers! :o)

8.2.08 - 6:33 am

32. BRETT -

8.2.08 - 6:33 am

33. courtney wilkerson -

Whataburger Ketchup is the best. I craved it all during my second pregnancy. My husband made many trips in the middle of the night for a Justaburger and fries! YeeHaw! Glad you enjoyed Texas!

8.2.08 - 8:40 pm

34. Grace -

Did you know that Whataburger started out in Corpus Christi, TX? I only know that b/c we just moved here to the Corpus area last year. It was so great to meet you in Austin! It was totally worth the 4-hour drive – not that it was ever in question! Thanks for taking the time to do the tour, come to Texas, and share of yourself.

8.4.08 - 3:17 pm

35. Sonya Rodelo -

OMGoodness! Seeing the Whataburger snaps brought shear gladness to my heart. I am from Texas but have living overseas for some years now. Whataburger is the one place that says home . . . mmmm . . . the thought of Whataburger ketchup . . .! Such great photos and thank you for the taking me back.

8.21.13 - 11:12 am