Free To Succeed Tour : Houston, Day Two

Personal

In case anyone is wondering, Houston has decided to shed a little grace on me today. The humidity isn’t as bad as yesterday and, for that, I’m grateful. And I’m grateful for air-conditioned hotel gyms. And I’m thankful for oatmeal with Splenda. And I’m thankful for my friends. And I’m thankful for beginning this tour with God’s grace.

This morning, the Showit Crew got our first peek at the tour bus and all I could do was laugh. Because, really, that’s what I do when all else fails. I just laugh.

The rest of the day will be spent fine-tuning my presentation with David Jay and then we’re officially launching the tour tonight! Holllllla!

I’ll be updating with pictures and daily updates, but here’s a few that caused me to laugh out loud. Because, really, that’s what I do when all else fails…

And just in case I ever wondered if living on a tour bus for four weeks was a good idea, here’s a blatant sign that I’m here to stay…

**UPDATED TO ADD**
Here’s a few pictures from the inside of the bus, taken by my good friend, Kenny Kim

This is my reaction seeing the pictures on the bus…yes, I’m laughing…

Here I am laughing again for what looks like no apparent reason…

The master suite…

The starting Showit Crew…

comments

1. Nena

July 29th, 2008 at 4:49 pm

Can you teach me a good workout to get arms like yours? =-) Look forward to living my life vicariously through yours!

2. katie johnson

July 29th, 2008 at 5:03 pm

Hoping to catch you in LA or San Diego. We’re wishing you a grand opening night!

3. jenny

July 29th, 2008 at 5:13 pm

Can’t wait to see you in Austin tomorrow!!( I’ll be there to help unpack the bus…yeah!!!). Dumb question but…are we suppose to be bringing laptops with us? …didn’t know if the "show" was going to be so action packed that we would even have time to turn them on…and by the way…there’s a LuLuLemon "boutique" in Austin too!!!

4. Crystal

July 29th, 2008 at 5:13 pm

I had that specifically put on there for you! LOL! Just kidding.
    Have a great day! You are going to be amazing!

5. Jane Chung

July 29th, 2008 at 5:14 pm

I can only imagine what it feels like to see your face emblazoned on a tour bus!!

6. Andre

July 29th, 2008 at 5:35 pm

Yea, there here in Houston!

7. Alice

July 29th, 2008 at 5:42 pm

YAYYYY! You’re finally here! Welcome to Houston! 🙂 Can’t wait to see you tonight.

8. kymberli q.

July 29th, 2008 at 5:47 pm

HOLY HOTNESS!!!!!!!!! That enlarged photo of you on that bus is UNREAL! It looks AMAZING!!!! Have a great time! P.S. Thank you so much for the reply to my e-mail. We’ll let you know which route we take!

9. Cathy and David

July 29th, 2008 at 5:54 pm

Come to Indy Come to Indy Come to Indy!!! 😀

10. Youkeun

July 29th, 2008 at 6:18 pm

can we see inside the bus? have a blast!!

11. Julie

July 29th, 2008 at 6:29 pm

EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Is all i have to say! Like i’ve one a million bucks! I can’t until AUg. 25th, #1 i live 3 hrs away from NYC, #2 Never been. #3: I get to see DJ & J*aaand #4 My husband will be with me and our three kids are staying home. WE SO NEED THIS! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I’ll be the one trying not to spontaneous combust in the middle of the everything..YEEEEEEEE!

12. hedy berg

July 29th, 2008 at 6:39 pm

oh no! I think I’m getting sick. I will see you in Dallas with a mask over my face and a can of Lysol if I have to … because I’m not missing this for anything!

13. casey

July 29th, 2008 at 7:11 pm

that is stinkin’ awesome!! I’m so excited!!! Can’t wait to see you guys in Dallas on Wednesday!!

14. gabriel.ryan.

July 29th, 2008 at 7:15 pm

have fun on the road! all i have to say is, live it up!!! tour bus + home = rockstar living

15. ksen :)

July 29th, 2008 at 8:18 pm

dude! live it up!!! rock it out! so happy & excited for you! 😀

16. deB perry

July 29th, 2008 at 8:31 pm

whooohoooo….you’re such a ROCKSTAR jasmine. have fun!

17. The Unbride

July 29th, 2008 at 8:45 pm

You got out just in time to miss the quake! Looks like you’re having sooo much fun. 🙂

18. Adrienne

July 29th, 2008 at 8:55 pm

That is the coolest tour bus ever!! You guys must be having an awesome time riding around in there!

19. Paula Emery

July 29th, 2008 at 9:37 pm

Any word on Nashville yet? I’m REALLLLLY hoping it ends up one you can make it to.

20. Fabuluxe Photos

July 29th, 2008 at 9:42 pm

What a cool bus; have fun. – Can’t wait to meet you in NYC!!!! –

21. joyful weddings & events

July 29th, 2008 at 9:45 pm

Who gets the master suite?

22. terri z

July 29th, 2008 at 10:05 pm

have a blast tonight on opening night !!!!! and at lululemons !! 🙂

23. Holly

July 29th, 2008 at 10:49 pm

Jasmine…i see you always have a lighting that hits your hair/your clients hair…..i would love to know the trick. I am a small company outside of Michigan

24. Erin.

July 29th, 2008 at 10:50 pm

Looks fab inside the bus! The pictures are awesome as well. Hope your loving the tour so far even though your only at Stop #1!

25. Nelly Chung

July 29th, 2008 at 10:59 pm

That is an awesome photo of you on the bus! Have you ever seen your face posted that big anywhere before? That’s amazing!Have fun!

26. Natarasha N. Wright

July 29th, 2008 at 11:37 pm

WOW! I love your pic on the side of the bus, it is beautiful. For a bus it fabulous and a rock STAR place to live for four weeks! Can’t wait to see more! You guys have safe travels…

27. jessica claire

July 30th, 2008 at 4:15 am

i can’t believe that photo is really that big!

28. Amber Paterson

July 30th, 2008 at 4:48 am

Now that’s a tour bus!!!

29. Jamie Kutter

July 30th, 2008 at 4:55 am

Jasmine is AMAZING! seriously I loved getting the opportunity to meet you tonight. Your "talk" was fantastic and I took so much from it! I love that you are exactly as you appear on your blog. I’ve meet a few photographers that seem to be really outgoing and super friendly on their blogs and then you meet them and wonder if their assistant writes it for them. You are truly an inspiration!

30. Karen Beyer

July 30th, 2008 at 5:11 am

thanks, jasmine, for your inspiring words! it was truly a pleasure to meet you tonight! i’ll give you a shout out after i post kenny’s pics on my blog! 🙂 have fun in austin!!

31. Patricia Pentecost

July 30th, 2008 at 5:20 am

Thank you! THANK you! THANK YOU! What a wonderful thing you all are doing! I’ve just gotten home, grabbed my laptop, and blogged my heart out to share with others what an amazing thing this workshop has been. It truly is invaluable. I am forever your fan.
    Much love,
    Patricia

32. Sharon Sheara

July 30th, 2008 at 5:23 am

What a fabulous night! I left feeling inspired and motivated. So glad Houston was your first stop.

33. loragaige

July 30th, 2008 at 5:25 am

It was so wonderful getting to know you the last couple of days! Hope you guys have a safe drive to Austin and an amazing rest of the tour!!!

34. Joan Solitario

July 30th, 2008 at 5:27 am

I’m sooo jealous!! I wanted to sign up for the tour, but my schedules were conflicting with all the schedules………… I’m soooo bummed but hopefully there’s a next time. I LOVE the photo on the BUS heheh it’s sooo cool!

35. Leah

July 30th, 2008 at 5:27 am

Thanks so much for coming to Houston! Ya’ll did an incredible job and I am so glad I could be there!

36. Joan Solitario

July 30th, 2008 at 5:28 am

Just wondering…. who get’s the master suite???

37. Dan

July 30th, 2008 at 5:37 am

Ok, the whole thing just rocked. DJ is uber nice and Jasmine was hilarious!!! I’m thinking of driving to Austin just to hear the whole thing again. Thanks guys!

38. Brooke Schwab Photography

July 30th, 2008 at 5:40 am

It was great meeting you tonight in person! I really was glad to hear what you had to say and it is really true! I am going to "do it"! KIR girl!

39. Jamie

July 30th, 2008 at 5:51 am

Jasmine, you had a fabulous presentation tonight! You were so genuine. I think I took about 12 pages of notes! Thank you for taking the time to help others. Truly an inspiration. David Jay was awesome! YEE HAW!!! Or shall I say…YEE HAWT?!?!?

40. davidbrenot

July 30th, 2008 at 5:52 am

Hi Jasmine,
    I’m happy to see you and my friend DJ on your blog !
    Make a kiss for me to DJ 😉
    Hope te see ou in France maybe !!!
    David

41. Fabuluxe Photos

July 30th, 2008 at 5:53 am

I hope the girls get the master suite. – Everyone is leaving fabulous comments about you and I just can’tttt wait for ALL of you to come to NY!!!

42. Ashley Allen

July 30th, 2008 at 5:55 am

Thank you, thank you! Your presentation hit the nail on the head for me many times!

Happy Travels, Jasmine. Welcome to Texas and be safe!

Thanks again to you and DJ for an awesome night!

43. Amanda Key

July 30th, 2008 at 5:58 am

Jasmine, it was great to finally meet you. You are truly an inspiration! I am ready to roll up my sleeves and "get dirty." Thanks for all the great information.

44. Katharine Rose

July 30th, 2008 at 6:06 am

Jasmine I can’t wait to meet you in LA!!! I am so excited, everyone is saying such great things about the tour!!! Should be a good time… 🙂 Have fun on your glorious bus. Shoot, it is nicer than my room haha :)… See you next week!!!!!!

45. Matt Nicolosi

July 30th, 2008 at 6:09 am

The funniest thing about this post is the AARP commercial on the TV behind you guys in the last picture. Wow, you guys are serious about this freedom stuff. [grin]

46. Laura Swinson

July 30th, 2008 at 6:36 am

The presentation was awesome! Thanks so much for the valuable information and inspiration. We had a great time (even though you called on me, ha!). Hope you and the rest of the crew have a wonderful trip.

47. Cathy Crawley

July 30th, 2008 at 7:01 am

That looks like a very luxurious bus!

48. MattDJ

July 30th, 2008 at 7:43 am

WOW! Between you, KKim, and DJ, I’m going to be putting in plenty of blog miles this month!! 🙂

49. Joanna

July 30th, 2008 at 7:47 am

It was great seeing you again. I loved it all and think you should have like STAR DAY- like spending a whole day with you so we can learn..YAY! I’m gonna get in gear and KIR!! Loved it! Blogging right now about this great seminar! Thanks for all the advice.

50. Bobbie

July 30th, 2008 at 10:52 am

Wow! That bus is AMAZING! I gotta tell ya girl – I am a little jealous!! Haha! You have come so far and deserve it all… congrats and thanks for always being such a huge inspiration.

51. rachel

July 30th, 2008 at 11:19 am

People will see the bus and think you’re a rock star! (no pun intended!)

52. Katherine Bowman

July 30th, 2008 at 11:31 am

Yeah! I’m so excited for you! You’ll be traveling in style! I can’t wait for Kansas City!!!

53. Amy Watson

July 30th, 2008 at 11:54 am

Hey girl! I got to meet you OFFICIALLY last night at the Free to Succeed workshop at the Sheraton Hotel!! Although I feel like I already know you from reading your blog all the time, I was EXTREMELY excited to get to meet in you in person…and you’re just as sweet as I thought you would be =) Anyways, I promised you I would post more comments, so here I am!!

54. Michelle Peek

July 30th, 2008 at 12:26 pm

What a great time we had last night. We all were so excited we couldn’t go to sleep till about 4 AM. So happy to see God’s favor in you and DJ’s life. You are a blessing!

55. Mary Marantz

July 30th, 2008 at 12:40 pm

All of my favorite people in the whole wide world all in one place!! Oh how I miss you all! Be safe my friends…I know you are going to ROCK this!!

love,
    M:)

56. Leah Charbonneau

July 30th, 2008 at 1:38 pm

Yay1 I know you guys are excited! Best of luck to you on the road! I’m excited to hear all about your journey!

57. Rebecca Root

July 30th, 2008 at 1:49 pm

I didn’t get a chance to meet you last night, but I wanted to say how much I enjoyed your presentation.

58. Holly

July 30th, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Jessica Claire, i see your the talent behind the beautiful shot of Jasmine…..how do you always seem to give lighting behind the head.???? HELP!

59. Thao T

July 30th, 2008 at 3:23 pm

Ahh, I can’t wait to see you guys tonight in Austin. Looking at the comments, this is a must-go-to workshop.

60. felecie

July 30th, 2008 at 3:53 pm

jasmine star…first i want to comment on how "star" struck "the girls" were last night. you are such an inspiration to us and love how you look to fashion to inspire you and your work….we really connected to that. just wanted to say thanks for giving your success story and being so real.

love,
    the girls at TGC (felecie)

61. Joyce

July 30th, 2008 at 6:24 pm

Seeing you laughing / always smiling on those photos reminded me of this quote “The happiest people seem to be those who have no particular reason for being happy except that they are so.

” Keep on smiling and laughing. Much luck on your tour!

62. Ashley

July 30th, 2008 at 7:32 pm

You know you’re the ish when your face is on the side of a tour bus!! Go Jasmine! Oh, and keep on laughing, even if it is for no reason. That’s what we all love about you.

63. Sarah Shalley

August 1st, 2008 at 3:32 pm

Hey Jasmine! Hope that you haven’t forgotten Houston by now. I totally forgot to post a comment to let ya know that OF COURSE I blogged about you and included a super cute picture. Check it out if you have time. http://www.sarahshalley.blogspot.com

FOR REAL, thanks for REAL. That’s whay my business is all about.

Much love to you, Sarah

64. Heather/One Shot Beyond Photography

August 1st, 2008 at 5:46 pm

the photo of you on the bus is too cute! How cool is that? I bet you’re having the time of your life! Enjoy it girl!