Free To Succeed Tour : New York City

Personal

The past day and a half in New York City was a whirlwind and I loved every minute of it! Once JD and I landed, we were too excited to take a nap and catch up on rest, so we ventured into the heart of the city with the Showit Crew. It was JD’s first time to the Big Apple, so he walked along the crowded streets with huge eyes and wonder. We ate a delicious dinner at Blue Fin and though we were full and tired, I begged everyone to join me at Serendipity 3 for a sugary nightcap. And boy-oh-boy did we do some serious damage to my metabolism. Awesome.

Last night was tour stop number 13 and the seminar was comprised of fabulous photographers–some who traveled as far as Canada and Mexico–and I truly felt so honored to be there. Thanks to Kenny Kim for capturing the night…

I usually get SO nervous before I speak, so JD said a quick prayer with me before I got on stage…

comments

1. Emma

August 26th, 2008 at 6:00 pm

Oh my goodness! We were in New York this past spring and we discovered the pure bliss of Serendipidy 3. We went there one night, and then walked 3 miles the next night to go again! Its truly amazing…what I wouldn’t do for that life-changing frozzzen hot chocolate right now! =)

2. Tanya Jose

August 26th, 2008 at 6:06 pm

I think I saw Serendipity 3 on the Food Channel a few weeks back. Is that the place that serves the frozen hot chocolate? If so…AWESOME! I love the photo of JD holding you…very sweet photo!!

3. Kristen Koester

August 26th, 2008 at 6:13 pm

Your work never ceases to amaze me. Oh, how I wish I could have been there to hear your ideas, inspirations and tips. Thank you for sharing on your blog. I think it is great how open and real you are. I love it even more that you give credit where credit is deserved. Your talents will only be a vehicle to share your faith with others. I hope I can attend a workshop or seminar soon. I will definitely be giving you a call when my big day comes. I just have to find a willing groom first:) Congratulations on your success!

4. Catie

August 26th, 2008 at 6:18 pm

I love Serendipity! Frozen hot chocolatey goodness! I love NYC, glad you and JD rocked it! Congrats to stop #13!

5. erin.

August 26th, 2008 at 6:22 pm

I am glad you had a fabulous time in my hometown!!

6. Jane Chung

August 26th, 2008 at 6:23 pm

I’ll remember you in my prayers this week! *hug*

7. Kayla B.

August 26th, 2008 at 6:23 pm

How fun! I would love to visit New York! I missed you when you were in Denver speaking. I would have liked to meet you! I love that photo of you and JD praying. Priceless!

8. Alicia

August 26th, 2008 at 6:24 pm

So jealous of your frozen hot chocolate! Although, it is better that you ate it, since you work out and I don’t. P.S. You and JD are adorable!

9. Jamie Delaine

August 26th, 2008 at 6:32 pm

Woah girl! Is that adorable dress from Banana Republic? I think Sarah Barlow has the same one–I borrowed it from her one night when I was in Chicago. I adore it.

10. allan z.

August 26th, 2008 at 6:38 pm

AWESOME jasmine! I’m glad you had a great time! Wish i could’ve made it! 🙁

11. rachel langan

August 26th, 2008 at 6:45 pm

MMMM! LOVE LOVE LOVE those frozen hot chocolates from Serendipity!!! They are worth every fat and sugar-laden calorie!

12. Amanda Herzberger (Orchard Cove)

August 26th, 2008 at 6:46 pm

Jasmine – Sorry I didn’t get to say hello last night but I LOVED your talk – you were hilarious! Hope you will be at Partner Con and I can say hi then 🙂 Safe travels!

13. Katelyn

August 26th, 2008 at 6:56 pm

You have an amazing marriage. It’s obvious God created you two to be an amazing team. I’ve never met you, I’ve never spoken to you but I can just tell that you and JD have such an amazing relationship solely because your foundation is in the Lord and that’s incredible. I love you’re work but what I have come to love even more is that you’re a woman of faith and you share that with your husband. With that said, you’re an inspiration in many ways. I’m a college student, just started into this crazy world of wedding photography and I love looking at your work! Thanks so much!

14. Lindsay P.

August 26th, 2008 at 7:03 pm

Love love LOVE that picture of you and JD praying…such a great moment captured so beautifully :o)

15. johnlo

August 26th, 2008 at 7:07 pm

It was a pleasure meeting you yesterday…. and i will make sure to take my wife to Serendipity as discussed. 😉

16. Adrienne

August 26th, 2008 at 8:48 pm

I absolutely love that shot of you and JD. It’s so real and heartwarming. But I can’t believe you get nervous before speaking – you’re such an amazing and natural speaker! 🙂

17. tish

August 26th, 2008 at 9:37 pm

love the photo of you and JD! so glad you are having such a great time!

18. lin

August 26th, 2008 at 9:38 pm

Yummie food! Looks like you’re enjoying yourself in NY!

19. PreMA BUCK

August 26th, 2008 at 9:40 pm

The picture of you and JD praying was so real and beautiful…I actually got a few tears! 🙂 I just love Jesus, he makes everything so beautiful!

20. Amber Paterson

August 26th, 2008 at 9:43 pm

Kenny’s pictures of the event are great! And man, I want one of those drinks!

21. Val McCormick Photography

August 26th, 2008 at 9:58 pm

Jasmine I really loved the seminar last night. I was on a roller coaster of emotions, I cried, I laughed but best of all I learned SO MUCH!!! Girl, you reminded me of an annointed preacher 🙂 The dress you wore was beautiful (it complimented your beautiful knees 😉 and the shoes KILLER! The next time I see you I’ll give you my card with a "BAM!!!!"

22. Fabuluxe Photos

August 26th, 2008 at 10:14 pm

Jasmine, I had such a great time. You’re so much fun. It was the best workshop I ever been 🙂 and DJ is sooo cute. !

23. Amy Martin

August 26th, 2008 at 10:44 pm

Awe y’all (if you make it to LA on your nest tour you’ll get to hear alot of that) are so cute! And Jasmine you looked refreshed!

24. joyful weddings and events

August 26th, 2008 at 10:45 pm

Oh, I love me some frozen hot chocolate!

25. Jasmin

August 26th, 2008 at 10:46 pm

Jasmine, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed last night’s seminar with you and DJ last night! You were both GHETTOFABULOUS! LOL! I learned so much from the two of you in one night! THANK YOU,THANK YOU for sharing so much of yourself with us last night. Safe trip!

26. Mary Marantz

August 26th, 2008 at 10:49 pm

We LOVE you guys!! And I’m so, so proud of you!

xoxo
    M:)

27. Rachel Brooke

August 26th, 2008 at 11:24 pm

Nothing to be nervous of, I heard from a friend that you were funny and so down-to-earth. Sweet capture of you and JD…nothing stronger than a man and wife praying together.

28. Robin Dini

August 26th, 2008 at 11:34 pm

i cannot begin to tell you how much i appreciated what you shared last night. I myself had an "I’m out" moment in my career and you hit the nail on the head for me. From that point on, I was sold! I am branding and I’m not ashamed to say it! You may be "Determined" but I’m a "story teller" 🙂

29. carla ten eyck

August 27th, 2008 at 12:16 am

very moving and inspiring talk, sister… you had me hootin’ and hollerin’ n’ cryin’ …. everything I love in a good talk, with a good friend!

great mid-season kick in the butt for me, thank you!

30. KAROL SALEBE

August 27th, 2008 at 1:48 am

31. Miz Booshay

August 27th, 2008 at 3:18 am

You’ve gor great arms :o)

Must be from toting all that equiptment around !!!

Too cool!

32. Cathy Crawley

August 27th, 2008 at 3:40 am

I’ve seen Serendipity on Oprah, looks yummo! I think from memory they sell the take home packets there, I’d be in BIG trouble if I went 😉

33. MattDJ

August 27th, 2008 at 3:42 am

Sooo awesome!!! Aint nothin’ like NYC!! 🙂

And oh that heavenly frozen hot-chocolate…mmm…did you guys see anyone order the $1000 dessert?! For real!!

34. Amanda Auer

August 27th, 2008 at 6:44 am

The picture of JD praying for you before speaking… melts my heart!!! I love, love, LOVE it, Jas!

35. Hanssie

August 27th, 2008 at 7:00 am

Awww, I heart Serendipity and NYC.

36. nataly

August 27th, 2008 at 8:06 am

The photo of you and JD praying is beautiful. I think it’s amazing when a couple can pray together 🙂

37. Jessica Peterson

August 27th, 2008 at 11:44 am

since you brought it up, I had had to mention that before you went on in KC you were playing endlessly with your hands and circling your wedding ring round and round that third finger of yours. it was too cute & I soon learned you had NOTHING to be nervous about. you’re an incredible speaker, and hugely humble inspiration. thank you so much for coming to kc.
    xo hopeful 😉

38. Rachel B.D.

August 27th, 2008 at 12:29 pm

It was sooo great to have met you and your husband at the NYC tour! I’m sorry I was such a dork, all cheesy smiles and all! Hope you liked the origami post-its! BTW, you’re an incredible speaker and if anyone doesn’t say Amen to that, you can get them with those diesel arms of yours!!! =)

39. ohana photographers

August 27th, 2008 at 4:26 pm

oh sweet sweet serendipity!!!

40. Matt Hall

August 27th, 2008 at 4:27 pm

I agree. If nervous before you speak it never showed in Chicago. You are a natural speaker!

41. Paper Monkey

August 27th, 2008 at 6:03 pm

Oh cool! You made it to Serendipity! That’s awesome. I could go for one of those metabolism busters right about now…and then a nap! 🙂

42. laurielambrecht

August 27th, 2008 at 6:22 pm

Thank you so very much for sharing your SPIRIT and BEING with so many of us! It was such an inspiring night! Lucky us!

43. Jennifer

August 27th, 2008 at 6:33 pm

There’s nothing like seeing a couple centered around prayer and faith.

44. Ashley

August 27th, 2008 at 9:59 pm

That’s so awesome he was praying for you! Nothing better then to pray with your husband. I remember my first date and my soon to be husband praying for us at the table. At that moment I knew I wanted to marry him!

45. Joyce

August 27th, 2008 at 11:53 pm

I want to comment on Kenny’s website on how amazing that photo of you and JD is but I needed to sign-up or something. So please do extend my message to him! It is a beautiful photo of an equally beautiful couple! 🙂

46. Trish

August 28th, 2008 at 12:40 am

Oh, i am so sad 🙁 My husband (Mike) and I were going to attend the NYC seminar and something came up that we could not make it…we had been so excited to hear you all.

47. Jenn

August 28th, 2008 at 4:39 am

That picture of JD & you praying is AWESOME…

48. Jasmine Marie

August 31st, 2008 at 4:27 am

That prayer shot of you and JD is probably one of my fave shots of you two… ever. God is so good and I love seeing Him move in people’s lives. 🙂

49. Aurora

September 1st, 2008 at 4:06 am

GIRRRRRL! you are fabulous! I’d never have known that you get nervous before you speak you did great! I couldn’t have been more excited about everything you had to say as it’s toally what we are about here can’t wait to share our new surprise with the world and see if it goes BAM like I expect it to!

50. annajoy

September 1st, 2008 at 4:32 am

i love that you put the picture of jd praying for you. its such a good witness so people that you are so awesome and successfull but still need the Lord to be in control 🙂 blessed by this post! and dang that dessert looks killer!

51. annajoy

September 1st, 2008 at 4:32 am

*witness to people!

52. Lori Moss

September 1st, 2008 at 5:43 pm

Hi Jasmine, this is a really great post! I’m always impressed and inspired by prayer and those who can keep the Lord in their business(es). Your work is great and you seem very genuine; good luck in the future! I’m sure there are many wonderful years ahead.
    – Lori

53. Nataschia Wielink

September 2nd, 2008 at 4:39 pm

THANK YOU! I so enjoyed the tour-you and David Jay did a fabulous job!!! And it was great to finally meet you after hearing so much from other photographers!
    You are so gifted-thank you for sharing!

54. Lily

September 3rd, 2008 at 5:29 pm

OMG, Jasmine, your arms are mega buff! Lol. I’m an avid fan-follower and love your work. Keep up your positive drive and continue to inspire those around you!