Free to Succeed Tour

Photography

It’s been a lifelong dream to see the United States. I’ve traveled the world to see far and famous places, but America—Land That I Love—still intrigues me. Sometimes I watch the Food Network and wonder what it’d be like to visit fast food dives and little hole-in-the-wall restaurants and discover more of this country’s roots. In addition to gaining an ever-expanding waistline, I’m sure I’d fall more in love with the place I call home.

Well, life works in the funniest of ways because I’m going to be seeing America while I join the Free to Succeed Tour. My good friend David Jay asked if I’d like to join him, the Showit crew, ADOBE, and Couture Book as they visit 30+ cities around the U.S. We’ll be starting the tour in Houston, Texas on July 29, 2008 and visiting a city near you soon! If you’d like more information, be sure to CLICK HERE to register for a seat at the seminar.

And here’s a picture I think looks WAY better than what others are used to seeing…

Here’s a sneak peek and what we’ll be discussing during the four-hour seminar…

I hope to make new friends and meet my blog readers face-to-face while on tour! For those of you who written to let me know you’re all dialed in, I can’t wait to get to know you better! Thank you for being so fabulous and making my days so bright!

comments

1. [C+D] Cathy and David - Photographers

June 17th, 2008 at 1:50 pm

Why aren’t you coming to Indianapolis!? 🙁 Oh well! I think we may just have to go to this FOR SURE! 😀

2. jess@studio3z

June 17th, 2008 at 1:53 pm

oh precious J* !!! I wish you were going to INDY!!!! That is only an hour from me, but I have to go 5 to see you in Chicago 🙁 Bummer, it is going to be a hard choice for little me. I think this is great that you are joining the team! Hope you find some awesome dives with stellar food. 🙂

3. Jenn Stevens

June 17th, 2008 at 1:55 pm

I LOVE seminars…I might have to hit up the Chicago one since you guys aren’t coming to Wisconsin! Chicago isn’t too far…YAY! 🙂

4. April

June 17th, 2008 at 2:08 pm

I’m already signed up for the Indy one, but I really, really wish you were coming. Considering 2 people before me said the same thing, maybe you should reconsider 🙂

5. kara pennington

June 17th, 2008 at 2:11 pm

We want you in Orlando, too!!! 🙂

6. Nino Roy

June 17th, 2008 at 2:15 pm

your promo poster is 1000x better than Dave’s! ahahahhah! thanks for the laugh – good way to start off the morning!

good luck with the seminar – come on up to canada!

7. Emily DeWan

June 17th, 2008 at 2:21 pm

Woohoo! I signed up for Chicago the moment I got the email. Looking forward to it!

8. MIRANDA POSEY

June 17th, 2008 at 2:22 pm

OMG…. Yeah you are coming to Dallas…That’s only 5 hours from me and I only have to pay $50.00 to meet "the Jasmine Star". I am so excited. I’m all paid up and ready to go!!

9. Heather

June 17th, 2008 at 2:24 pm

WHOO-HOOO! Just signed up for the Dallas tour. Can’t wait!

10. keri

June 17th, 2008 at 2:26 pm

yay!! see you guys in boston – 9 months pregnant and all – but i’ll be there!! can’t wait 🙂

11. Anne Nunn Photography

June 17th, 2008 at 2:26 pm

Oh man! What is wrong with the beautiful state of OREGON! …maybe next time!

12. Kelly Trimble

June 17th, 2008 at 2:38 pm

That picture is hilarious – and kind of creepy! 🙂

I signed up for Dallas – yea! See you there!

You missed a good game, girl!

13. Andrea Pender

June 17th, 2008 at 2:40 pm

I just signed up for the Dallas event! 🙂

14. vanessa H

June 17th, 2008 at 2:41 pm

YEAH!!!! We are so excited to meet you guys in Dallas!!!
    WOOHOOO

15. RachelD

June 17th, 2008 at 2:48 pm

You’re coming the the Big City! (NYC!) How exciting! This will be my birthday gift to myself. =)

16. Natarsha N. Wright

June 17th, 2008 at 2:57 pm

I am so mad…I will be overseas and will miss the tour, but I would love to be there. Is there anyway we can pay and then dial in via phone or internet by chance??? Have fun on the tour!

17. Ava Zub

June 17th, 2008 at 2:58 pm

I just signed up for the NYC event…very exciting!

18. claire

June 17th, 2008 at 3:00 pm

I’m so excited!!! You’re coming to Kansas City!!!! I just signed up and I can’t wait.

19. Jamie

June 17th, 2008 at 3:03 pm

HOUSTOOOOOOOON! See you here!

20. tish

June 17th, 2008 at 3:05 pm

oh…how i wish i were a photographer!!!! way to make me covet, jasmine. sounds like so much fun!

21. John Beyer

June 17th, 2008 at 3:05 pm

Sweet! I look forward to seeing you in Chicago. I even got the $50 off deal, I guess I get a front row seat. Can’t wait.
    ALSO: Who built your actual website? What program was used for the video transitions?
    Thanks again and God Bless.
    John Beyer

22. John Beyer

June 17th, 2008 at 3:06 pm

ALSO…I was going to say that there is a slight resemblance to David Archaleta in the picture above. I thought it was quite funny!
    John Beyer

23. Lilia Ahner

June 17th, 2008 at 3:11 pm

One of my photographer buddies and I are going to see you and DJ when you speak in San Francisco, and we can’t wait! I met you at WPPI in 2007, and you were so nice. It’s wonderful to see your success. Your hard work has paid off! I hope that you’ll have a Get Together so that SF photo peeps can hang out with you. 🙂

24. Chantal

June 17th, 2008 at 3:21 pm

I’ll be at the Chicago seminar….I can’t wait to meet you!!

25. Jane Chung

June 17th, 2008 at 3:22 pm

You’re going national! Before you know it you’ll be an international superstar! Congrats and have fun!

26. Jo-Anne

June 17th, 2008 at 3:27 pm

Any chance you could come to Canada?
    Love the photo – thanks for the laugh!

27. Heather

June 17th, 2008 at 3:28 pm

That is so exciting! Have a blast, you will draw a crowd! I wish you were coming to Cincinnati 🙁

28. Paul Kremer

June 17th, 2008 at 3:29 pm

Aw! The closest you are coming to me is Chicago, and I don’t think I can swing that. I’m pretty sure you should add a date to Minneapolis for me…please? 🙂

29. Marissa Feliciano

June 17th, 2008 at 3:32 pm

You’re right, that picture is much better than what I’ve seen on the other blogs. Looking forward to meeting you too! And I’ll be at the PUG meeting tomorrow in San Diego, so I’ll be sure to say hi there.

30. Gina

June 17th, 2008 at 3:50 pm

Raced to my computer and yelled at my hubby, "California girl is coming to Ausin, I’m going!" hehe….can’t wait! He giggled also because he knew exactly who I was talking about 🙂

31. Ryan Cohen

June 17th, 2008 at 3:58 pm

That’s HILARIOUS!!! You gotta come out to good ol’ Florida!

32. Bobbie

June 17th, 2008 at 4:01 pm

I just signed up this morning!! Ooohhhhh! Does this mean you are coming to NC??!! I hope so! I am SO excited!

33. Melissa

June 17th, 2008 at 4:01 pm

Is there any way to find out what time the seminar starts? I would love to go to the Boston event but can only do it if it is in the evening. thx

34. Joanna

June 17th, 2008 at 4:12 pm

HOLLA for Houston. Signed up the first time around the email went out! See you here. Maybe I can show around the little hole-in-the-walls here. Take care.

35. Meredith

June 17th, 2008 at 4:16 pm

I am so super psyched to meet you at NYC!! I’ll email you with some great dives to go to while you’re there. Lord knows there’s an endless supply of them in NY 🙂

36. Tira J

June 17th, 2008 at 4:22 pm

Yay! I signed up for the LA one last week! Can’t wait to see you again and finally meet DJ. I am so proud of you!

37. joyful weddings and events

June 17th, 2008 at 4:30 pm

So fun! Do you guys need a wedding planner on the tour? 🙂

38. Misty

June 17th, 2008 at 4:31 pm

I’m so sad…no Seattle, WA!!! Boo!! Sounds like you guys will have a blast! =)

39. Chakriya Chatti

June 17th, 2008 at 4:32 pm

Jasmine will you be in denver?

40. Charise

June 17th, 2008 at 4:33 pm

OMG, the new banner is PERFECT!!! I seriously laughed out loud! Cant wait to see you guys in LA!

41. Charise

June 17th, 2008 at 4:36 pm

pssstt, the links to the show it site isnt working 😉

42. clint shuttlesworth

June 17th, 2008 at 4:52 pm

can’t wait to see you guys in houston… you know that if you go further south past houston (about 45 mins) to a small town called texas city, there’s a burger joint there called "bases" it is unreal!!! just trying to help you out on your quest:) keep rock’n…

43. Dustin Francis

June 17th, 2008 at 4:53 pm

As soon as I saw you are going to be in Chicago with DJ, I signed up. Look forward to hearing you speak and meeting you. Thank you for doing this!!!

44. ricki ford

June 17th, 2008 at 5:00 pm

I live near Charleston S.C. And you are not coming this far over and I must say I am very dissapointed:( I was really hopeing you would have made it to a city near me. I mean getting to hear what DJ has to say is going to be cool and all but I was hopeing to meet Jasmine.

45. Chung

June 17th, 2008 at 5:05 pm

Jasmine, that picture will be giving me nightmares!!! O-: But I look forward to meeting you and hearing you speak at the San Francisco leg of the tour. You two are like rockstars. (:

46. rebekah hood

June 17th, 2008 at 5:10 pm

jasmine. i am so super duper de-pressed that you will not be in orlando. when oh when will i get to meet you….:(

47. Gena McMillan

June 17th, 2008 at 5:15 pm

So does this mean you’ll be in Denver with the tour???? HUH HUH???????

48. Annemarie

June 17th, 2008 at 5:29 pm

I signed up for the Austin stint on day one, and I’m so glad that you’re joining the tour for the Texas part! You’ll love Austin…..and the Texans too! See you soon!

49. Shannon

June 17th, 2008 at 5:33 pm

Hey Jasmine, is there any way that you will be joining any of the cities that you are not currently on? I would love to see you in Nashville, or Atlanta….PLEASE!!!! Much Love & Many Blessings, 😉 Shannon

50. Megan Beth

June 17th, 2008 at 5:35 pm

Wow…in dc and you won’t be there. Hmm, clearly I will have to find a city you will be in…don’t want to miss this!

51. Tanya Jose

June 17th, 2008 at 5:39 pm

awww…no Seattle! 🙁 i’ve gotta check my calendar to see if i can hit up one of the CA shows. i saw this on DJ’s ShowIt site & i’m totally interested.

52. kelly

June 17th, 2008 at 6:17 pm

YYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!
    Just signed up for Dallas AND got the 50% off too!! I cannot wait for the seminar, and especially can’t wait to meet you J*! (I always rhyme, it comes naturally 😉

53. ~abi~

June 17th, 2008 at 6:23 pm

so excited to see you in dallas!!! 🙂

54. Kriea

June 17th, 2008 at 6:24 pm

Yay! I just signed up for the Dallas one too 🙂 Very excited to see you there!!!

55. Ana Contreras

June 17th, 2008 at 6:24 pm

I can’t wait to meet you and DJ in Phoenix!!!! So excited!!!!!!

56. Cara Bresette-Yates

June 17th, 2008 at 6:43 pm

I was so excited to hear you’re coming on tour. I signed up within minutes of receiving my email.

I’m bringing a friend and making a whole day of it!

57. jeffrey shipley

June 17th, 2008 at 7:06 pm

i just signed up for the santa barbara one and i am thrilled to finally meet you. i have heard so much about you and have be following your blog for a while now…stalker status for sure 😉 but i can’t wait for sept…

58. Jon Morton

June 17th, 2008 at 7:08 pm

Stop being lame and come to Indianapolis!!

59. Candice

June 17th, 2008 at 7:14 pm

So…as you can see from all of your comments….is that we are asking for you to make it to the East Coast. We’d love to come and have you be part of the conference. We are in Charlotte… but would come to one on the East Coast if you’d be presenting. Love to see you there.

60. erica ferrone

June 17th, 2008 at 7:17 pm

PLEASE COME TO BOSTON!!! i’m already signed up!!

61. marlene

June 17th, 2008 at 7:32 pm

please please please visit D.C. 🙂 it’s my first seminar everrrrr!

62. Grace Liu-Anderson

June 17th, 2008 at 7:41 pm

I just signed up for Austin! I’m so excited! it was between either Houston or Austin (they’re both like 4 hours away). I’ve been lurking on your blog, and when I saw this I HAD to sign up and also comment to say "hello." You are an inspiration to so many!

63. Kim Zay

June 17th, 2008 at 8:00 pm

Hey Jasmine! Will you be in Boston too? I didn’t see your name on the Boston date. I hope so b/c I plan on going!

64. Christa

June 17th, 2008 at 8:09 pm

Think you could add a stop in Toronto, Canada? 🙂

65. Jasmine*

June 17th, 2008 at 8:09 pm

Whoa…friends…just got home and saw this PEER PRESSURE to visit every city!! 🙂 The cities where I’m listed are places I know I’ll be able to attend. August happens to be my busiest wedding month, so I’ll be zig-zagging across the nation to ensure my clients are well taken care of. If I can swing any other cities, I’ll most definitely be there!! I’ve dreamed of visiting the East Coast since I was a little girl, so my heart was broken when I realized how many cities I’ll miss. Total bummer! However, once the tour gets in full-swing and we adjust to life on the road, I may be able to attend a few more seminars…but no promises! 🙂 Also, for those of you who’ve asked, the weekday seminars will be held in the evening, around 6-7pm, depending on the city. More detailed information will be sent and blogged about when the time comes. Thanks again for the love and support…I’m so excited for this tour I can just scream! 🙂

66. Paula Emery

June 17th, 2008 at 8:29 pm

Ok but Nashville is in September so you’ll be slower by then, right? Come on……I’ll bring the sweet tea!

67. lynn

June 17th, 2008 at 8:31 pm

ill get to see you at san francisco!

68. SG Styles Photography

June 17th, 2008 at 9:15 pm

9/04/08 YIPPY!!! I will be there for sure 🙂 Don’t worry you won’t miss me, I will be that chick screaming your name from accross the room LMAO jk don’t worry I will keep it together!

69. Kellie

June 17th, 2008 at 9:25 pm

this sounds brilliant!! but super sad that despite being in the US at that time, i can’t make any of the cities on the dates mentioned!! i’m on the other side of the country or comitted to my existing places!! 🙁
    I think you should come to Australia!!! 😉

70. Kenuy Kim

June 17th, 2008 at 9:59 pm

Jasmine you crack me up. Hope to get to hang out with you sometime soon during this tour! 🙂 good times!

71. Lezlie

June 17th, 2008 at 10:04 pm

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out a way to make it to one of the Texas dates. I wonder if one of my brides would be willing to move their wedding so I can come see you & DJ…haha! 🙂

72. ricki ford

June 17th, 2008 at 10:06 pm

Hey Jasmine I borrowed your add here and put it on my blog to help get the word out. I liked it because it is crazy funny.

73. TonyaPeterson

June 17th, 2008 at 10:46 pm

AWWW!!! Why aren’t you coming to Salt Lake with them!!! Bummer!

74. Stacy Cross

June 17th, 2008 at 10:50 pm

Yay! Stan and I will be there when you come to Austin – can’t wait, girl! 🙂

75. Matt Hall

June 17th, 2008 at 11:03 pm

This is soooo cool! I can’t wait to see you in Chicago!

76. Shari

June 17th, 2008 at 11:26 pm

I just discovered your blog and website. You are SO talented and inspiring. I am so glad you’ll be on the East Coast and hope to make it it your seminar! Keep up the great work!

77. Troy Schneider

June 18th, 2008 at 12:03 am

I’m looking forward to seeing you and DJ in Austin.

78. terri z

June 18th, 2008 at 12:32 am

jasmine…… please , oh please come to orlando !!!! it would be sooooooooo fabulous !!!!!

79. Kate

June 18th, 2008 at 12:43 am

Too bad you guys aren’t coming to Oregon! 🙁

80. Shandon Smith

June 18th, 2008 at 12:46 am

YES! YES! YES! Please come to Orlando! I’ve said it before and I will say it again — I am so willing to bribe you! I know you love Pinkberry… I’m sure they have gift cards. Yuuuummy!

81. Katherine Bowman

June 18th, 2008 at 12:59 am

Does this tour come to towns of less than 10,000 people? 🙂

82. Jennifer Adams

June 18th, 2008 at 1:01 am

Hope to see you in Orlando!!!

83. Tynan Middendorf

June 18th, 2008 at 1:10 am

I just signed up for the Houston class today! woo-hoo! Can’t wait to meet you on your first stop in Houston!

84. Katherine Bowman

June 18th, 2008 at 1:13 am

Ok, I see you’ll be in Kansas City, that’s close enough, I’m willing to drive the 3 hours!!! By any chance do you know the times of the event days? I didn’t see that on the site. Thanks!

85. MelissaB

June 18th, 2008 at 1:25 am

I am in Chi-Town with you two!! Can’t wait to get some serious info 🙂

86. Katie

June 18th, 2008 at 1:46 am

I was so excited to see that you were going to be on tour with DJ. I am signed up for the Orlando, FL one, but it didn’t have your name with it. 🙁 So bummed!

87. Carol

June 18th, 2008 at 1:53 am

Houston, sweet! Glad to see you coming here first. My husband and I are looking to start a business and we love your work! If you wanna "see the US" you have to see NASA’s Mission Control Center. My husband is a flight controller and we could easily take you behind the scenes for a tour!

88. Kelley WC

June 18th, 2008 at 2:32 am

Can’t wait to see you again – I’ve already signed up for the KC workshop 🙂

89. Sarah Shalley

June 18th, 2008 at 3:05 am

You’re SURE that you’re going to be in Houston??!?! I’ll definitely be there for the chance to get to see you?

90. Lyndee

June 18th, 2008 at 4:05 am

are you sure you aren’t going to be able to come to salt lake city? I would love to see you there!

91. Yolanda Williams

June 18th, 2008 at 10:39 am

Good stuff! I hate that you won’t be apart of the Charlotte, NC tour.

92. Cathy Crawley

June 18th, 2008 at 12:42 pm

Do you think that bus can travel over water like in James Bond? Maybe you could bring it to sunny old Australia!

93. jen

June 18th, 2008 at 1:11 pm

I’ve signed up for Austin! I’m so excited and can’t wait to see you in person!!!

94. Liz Ramirez

June 18th, 2008 at 1:12 pm

You won’t be stopping in Michiagan but you will be in Chicago so I’ll have to talk to my Hubby and tell him to please take me 🙂 Hope to be there!

95. Christina

June 18th, 2008 at 2:16 pm

I’ve signed up for Dallas–can’t wait to learn from the best 🙂

96. Catherine Nicole

June 18th, 2008 at 3:01 pm

That is awesome! Now, when will you be coming to Canada! Vancouver, BC ROCKS!

You need to come out this way one day soon!

Just putting in the word for all of us Canadians!

97. Jamie Delaine

June 18th, 2008 at 11:20 pm

Big echo to what Catherine said. Vancouver, BC it is. What’s with no Canadian dates, eh? Mercy, I hate when people say Eh!

98. Alicia Brown

June 18th, 2008 at 11:54 pm

I’d just like to point out that…Dude! You soooo put your head on DJ’s body. YOU CAN’T FOOL ME!Carry on.

99. Marissa Feliciano

June 19th, 2008 at 4:23 am

We just got home from your PUG talk in San Diego, are we’re so inspired! I’m Marissa, the one with the question about using pictures of yourself on the blog.

Thanks so much for coming down and speaking, I learned some very valuable lessons and had a great time. Love the shoes, so sleek!

100. Michael Weller

June 19th, 2008 at 6:25 am

Really enjoyed your talk at PUG tonight. I have heard over and over "you should have a blog, man"… but this is the first time anyone has explained "why to blog". Thanks for visiting our little group… and good luck on the big tour!

101. Furious Photographers

June 19th, 2008 at 9:38 am

HAHA! Nice touch! By the way, I’m signed up 😀 so I will get to see you soon in the LA venue. *so excited*

102. AmandaD

June 19th, 2008 at 2:45 pm

How very cool! I’ve been a long time blog stalker & I’m super excited to see you in Houston. Feel free to contact me if you want any local tips on things to see or do! Doing any sessions on the road?

Have fun exploring America 😉

103. Leah

June 19th, 2008 at 8:35 pm

So sad that it looks like you won’t be in Washington, DC. . . but thanks for the info!

104. sara anthony

June 19th, 2008 at 8:56 pm

I’ll be attending the ATL Georgia one. Wish you were going to be there. There’s still time. We have some great shopping here! ;0)

105. Andre

June 20th, 2008 at 1:05 am

Jasmine, thanks for the hint about the showit web! Ill see you here in Houston.

106. Courtney DeLaura

June 20th, 2008 at 2:56 pm

you have to come to one of the southern dates… I vote NashVegas!
    cause i am signed up for that one 🙂

June 22nd, 2008 at 4:18 am

Woohoo! Can’t wait!

108. Ginger Murray

June 24th, 2008 at 12:25 am

Oh my gosh!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

That is…
    Gosh, you are so pretty, Jasmine!

109. Geanette

June 25th, 2008 at 2:34 am

I will see you in San Diego and can’t wait to be DAZZLED! No pressure!

110. alexis

June 25th, 2008 at 3:09 am

wondering why there isn’t a stop in Portland, OR? There are a lot of pro-photographers here that would love to attend…

111. Courteney Miller

June 25th, 2008 at 9:34 pm

My hubby and I will see you in Houston!!! Can’t wait!

112. Jilliank

June 27th, 2008 at 2:21 am

Will miss you in the Pacific North West!! Maybe next year?!?!?!?

113. jamie burnett

July 11th, 2008 at 8:21 pm

Yea… I’ll be seeing you in PHX! Great photoshopping…. LOL!

114. Charmarie

July 11th, 2008 at 11:46 pm

Hey Jasmine, I’ll see you in San Diego!

115. Alina Prax