Friday Randomness : Einstein + Email Addresses

Personal

Yesterday I set out to carpe the heck out of my diem. No, really, I was determined not to become overwhelmed with everything, including a two hour drive to an engagement session. I made a new play list, packed snacks, and slipped into a comfy pair of shoes for what the day held after sitting at my desk all morning. On my way home after the shoot, the commute was a solid red 4-hour line on my iphone that led from Ventura to Orange County.

My carpe-ing? It was making me work.

Not to be deterred, I pulled off the freeway and got a manicure. I’m pretty sure I’m annoying as I sound, but it was either that or be seen on the nightly news. LATINA PULLS OFF HER EARRINGS AND GOES CRAZY ON THE 405 FREEWAY.

In more random things about life, here are a few gems I came across the Internet this week…

I’m not really the baking type, but these camera cookie cutters are too cute to pass by. If you make them, I’ll eat them!

I’m not brave enough to share my first AOL email address…

Happy Friday!

comments

1. Kim

February 17th, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I love the "how to feel miserable…" SO, SO true!!

2. LIZ

February 17th, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Jasmine, I am going to have to borrow that British anarchy cartoon and email it to my very British father – he is going to love it. You had me laughing out loud at my desk (thankfully my boss is out, or he may have thought I was crazy . . but not freeway crazy 🙂 Have a great weekend!

3. BreezeStyling

February 17th, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Oh my gosh. THANK YOU so much for this!

4. Jaye Cole

February 17th, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I love the ‘Anarchy in the UK’ comic…. I had an actual LOL moment. I live or die by hot beverage.

5. anda

February 17th, 2012 at 4:15 pm

haha, my AOL IM name was "madisonartsygirl." haha!

6. Christa

February 17th, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Would you like some tea? No!
    HA HA HA HA!!! Love it 🙂

7. Life with Kaishon

February 17th, 2012 at 4:24 pm

I still have the stupidest email address ever. I really should change that : ) Thank you for reminding me!

8. Scott

February 17th, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Thinking a batch of cookies might make its way to The Fix in Chicago from us to you :).

9. Adriana Morett

February 17th, 2012 at 4:28 pm

jajajajaja LOVED it! Your blog always puts a smile on my face 🙂 thanks for that!!

10. Christina Elston

February 17th, 2012 at 4:33 pm

You are hilarious- "I"m pretty sure I’m as annoying as I sound"…

11. Janelle Chung

February 17th, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I love this! I died laughing at the last image! I am so ashamed – I still have my old AOL email address that I created when I was 12! ::Shame!::

12. Pavithra

February 17th, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I totally feel all of the how to feel miserable as an artist. and yes…money does dictate success. 🙁

13. Tina Nandi

February 17th, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Loved them all but especially the "how to feel miserable…" one. Too many checks on that one!

14. Tara

February 17th, 2012 at 5:16 pm

haha! I love these!! Oh man! I love the albert einstein quote and the email address! 🙂

15. Aligna

February 17th, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Made me laugh this morning!! and i would have gotten my nails done too:)

February 17th, 2012 at 5:22 pm

hahaah!!! yep been there with the whole awkward email address moment. it actually happened to me a few years back and the guy just looked at me like i was SO stupid! thus, i now have a new email. 🙂

17. Jacob Vorpahl

February 17th, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Yeah, I’d rather not have to rehash my old AOL email address. Some things should stay in the past.

18. Abby Grace

February 17th, 2012 at 6:16 pm

a) I’m pretty sure I NEED those cookie cutters. 2) That last image- were you aware it’s a still from Harry Potter? SO AWESOME.

19. Malinda

February 17th, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Great post Jasmine! Way to make lemonade out of a just plain old lemon kind of day! I’ll share my first e-mail address. Ready- javahottie@yahoo.com Hey I worked at Starbucks and thought I was cute. Ha ha!

20. Annetta

February 17th, 2012 at 6:53 pm

I can relate to most of the ‘how to feel miserable as an artist’.

February 17th, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Yep, that miserable list was me to a t last week. I’m so ready to be inspired at Showit United!

22. Haley Johnston

February 17th, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Such a great laugh!

23. Emily T

February 17th, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Haha "pulled off her earrings!" Made me think of two of my good high school friends who were Dominican & Puerto Rican, they even carried "back up earrings" in case anything happened to the first pair & they were def the first thing to come off if things got hairy!! Happy Friday!

24. liana

February 17th, 2012 at 8:24 pm

HAHA, my girls and i always say "hold my hoops" lol

25. Kristen Driscoll

February 17th, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Your post brightened my day. Thank you <3

26. Stacey - Total City Girl

February 18th, 2012 at 1:07 am

Hey Jasmine, – I’ve seen those cookie cutters making their way around the internet. Way cute! I want to have a photography themed party just so I can buy them! 🙂 That artist list is hysterical..yet so sad at the same time. I’m guilty of way too many of those items! Eeeek!!

Have a great weekend.

27. Dianne

February 18th, 2012 at 1:12 am

Hilarious. All of it. Really. I have a friend in Orange County so I totally get to hear about the traffic. Anarchy in the U.K. – LOVED it!!!

28. sara priddy rogness

February 18th, 2012 at 2:04 am

I am taking the Texas bar in 11 days & I can’t stop reading your magazine (it arrived this afternoon). Photography is what got me through those 2 years (I rushed it) & (I know this is weird. I know) but I feel like I have to take & pass the bar before I can legitimately pursue photography whole-heartedly. A finishing what I began thing. Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for writing the ‘zine–it’s just the inspiration I need after the last two grueling months (dream food) of study. I’m bummed that there’s no Fix for me because I’ll be busy trying to remember what amendment gives what right to whom, but I’m pretending you’re going to pick my yet-to-be-taped video for the creative live course. Yep-pretending. Mostly, though, Gracias! Now, back to page 53 in the mag or back to taking notes on consumer rights?

29. Shannon Rosan

February 18th, 2012 at 2:20 am

I always look forward to your Friday Randomness posts! Always makes me smile 🙂

30. Yarra Valley Wedding Photography

February 18th, 2012 at 5:53 am

I love the How to Feel graphic really great advice to remember – we all get caught out on these things sometimes!

31. Jodie Lemke

February 18th, 2012 at 7:38 am

Not even kidding injury bought those cookie cutters a couple weeks ago. Soooo cute!! You’ll have to stop in for tea and cookies. Lol.

32. emily

February 18th, 2012 at 8:41 am

i totally have those cookie cutters! well, i bought them for my dad, but still! it’s too late for me to make them now since i leave for WPPI tomorrow, but maybe when you hit up the fix in SF! they are pretty fantastic 🙂 see you monday!

33. Mirko Herzner

February 18th, 2012 at 9:41 am

Amazing. You made my morning… Especially the anarchy bit 😀

34. Dugun Fotografcisi

February 18th, 2012 at 12:46 pm

I still use the first email adress I’ve taken; my last name. Now it looks like I am the central point of contact for the entire family 🙂

35. ALLIE

February 18th, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Loooooooooooove it! Fabulous as always, Jasmine:)

36. meg manion silliker

February 19th, 2012 at 2:56 am

santa gave me those cookie cutters for christmas. i have yet to make cookies but i use them to make camera sandwiches as my daughter calls them – pb+j – fun shapes with the lens detail – she eats her sandwich every single time! i hear the 405 is a good taste of your patience!! manicure was a wise choice i’m sure.

37. robyn

February 19th, 2012 at 5:09 am

That last one makes me feel old, because email didn’t exist when I was 11 years old. My first email account was the one assigned to me during my first year of college, in the fall of 1995. 🙂

38. David G.

February 20th, 2012 at 4:35 am

Thanks for sharing. You have a great way of keeping things real 🙂

39. Melanie

February 20th, 2012 at 2:26 pm

The camera cookie cutters make me wish I baked!

40. Nicole

February 20th, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Try having to give out the e,ail address your MOM made FOR you when you were 11 "based" on your interests. Embarrassing doesn’t even begin to describe it.

41. Erin

February 20th, 2012 at 11:41 pm

I love them as always. Buying the cookie stuff right now! And I don’t even bake. 🙂 I have to now. I love the awkward moment when you have to give someone that email address. My husband had an email that was bigshinything@yahoo.com. He named it that because there was a big shiny thing on the floor when he was trying to set up his email. It was cool through college though he didn’t really know why or care to ask. But one day a few years back he was putting a resume together for a job, I asked him, "Are you really going to put that on your resume?!" with a little sarcasm. He said, "yeah." I told him to re-think it. All of a sudden a look came across his face and he broke out in to loud laughter. What once was innocent was not longer. He changed it right then.

42. shani

February 21st, 2012 at 4:27 pm

LA traffic…gotta love it…. I’ve stopped at IKEA on the way back fromOC to LA…. I ended up redoing the whole kids playroom over… would have been cheaper to just get a manicure….

43. Wedding Photographer Colchester

February 25th, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Anarchy in the UK so simple so effective. I love it.