Friday Randomness : Nutella + Manifestos

Friday Randomness : Nutella + Manifestos

Did I ever tell you about that one time I ate Nutella? Because, really, IT CHANGED MY LIFE. I know I have penchant for being dramatic, but listen to me when I say this stuff is like legalized drugs. Yummy, sweet drugs that make the world a prettier place without the use of pink elephants or lava lamps. It happened last week or so when Brianna served Nutella and strawberries for dessert. A bit later, JD cleared the table and I got all hostage on him.

The plate was practically empty, but I needed a moment to get my index finger and scoop up the trailed remains. I was pathetic, sitting there with my little plate like a crow digging through trash, but it was worth it. Trust me. That was my first Nutella experience, so you could imagine my delight when I got this for my anniversary:

Umm, that’s, like, the most bestest gift evah. Speaking of bestest things, I made a personal pizza for JD last night and he was so impressed with my culinary skills, he took a picture of my creation. Next up, soy corndogs shaped like dinosaurs!

I keep one of my all-time favorite quotes posted to my computer–scrawled in my slanted penmanship–as a reminder of what is possible. A few days ago, my good friend Harmony of Jet Fete sent me the quote, but extra pretty and bedazzled…

Internet, if this picture doesn’t make you go ga-ga, I don’t know what will. I swear, this photo puts me in the BEST mood…

Came across this little gem yesterday on Facebook and the artist couldn’t be more right…

I’ll end this post with this awesome set of photos I saw on Design Love Fest. Apparently, someone painted a wall, provided chalk for viewers to participate, and what resulted was a public manifesto of sorts. And it’s all kinds of awesome.

Happy Friday and go get yourself some Nutella!

1. anda

September 30th, 2011 at 4:35 pm

so much goodness here! that dog hotdog is pretty much the best thing on the internet. and that heart pizza is so cute too. and, i just want to remind you that you’re so amazing and you wow me daily. xo.

2. Lynn

September 30th, 2011 at 4:41 pm

I come from a country obsessed with Nutella. I think you might find it worthwhile to learn German just to be able to use this wonder of a cookbook:

3. Jackie

September 30th, 2011 at 4:41 pm

I totally agree about the life changing that Nutella does. It is great on any carb food. For example, I had it on a bagel for breakfast. 🙂 Comfort food at it’s finest!

4. Morgan Jenkins

September 30th, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Haha you rock my world.. Loved ALL the randomness :]

5. Richard Pardon

September 30th, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Huge fan of your blog and love this post. The public manifesto board is great apart from the Justin Bieber comment! 🙂

6. Lisa Adams

September 30th, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Jasmine you are soooo sweet! Nutella is the best! I love how you always find ways to encourage others to believe in their dreams!

7. ingrid bonne

September 30th, 2011 at 4:45 pm

this totally made my weekend. Thanks, Jasmine!

8. Lindsay Vallas

September 30th, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Alright, I’m trying Nutella this weekend! Ok…maybe tonight.

9. Tish Hill

September 30th, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Nutella is *bomb*. I am slowly turning people on to Nutella in my small Wyoming town!! It’s delicious and naughty and I love how they market it as a healthy breakfast food for children! lol

10. Chris

September 30th, 2011 at 4:48 pm

My first experience with Nutella was in Amsterdam as a child staying at a Bed and Breakfast. Such amazement when the host brought out a container of chocolat and encouraged us to put it on buttered toast! I’ve not been the same since!!! **nodding in agreement on it’s sheer awesomeness!**

11. alisha lopez

September 30th, 2011 at 4:49 pm

NUTELLA…. next to godliness is this little nutty gem!!

Weiner in a bun…oh my, SMILE

Before I die…. I want to Spend one day in the arms of the person I love, who is dieing from cancer…. If she can’t be cured, I want her to feel LOVED!

12. Kyle Bromley

September 30th, 2011 at 4:50 pm

OMG I’m so getting some Nutella! I had it on a Crepe in Venice Beach on vacation with Strawberries!! MIND BLOWING YUMMNESS!!

13. Justin Randall

September 30th, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Jasmine, you need to come back to the UK! We have a pizza restaurant chain that has Nutella doughballs on the dessert menu! Come and stay on the sunny south coast again and I will treat you both!

14. Liz

September 30th, 2011 at 4:52 pm

There are at least two Italian restaurants here in D.C. that offer Nutella calzones on their dessert menu. Beyond delicious!

15. Michel

September 30th, 2011 at 4:54 pm

nutella gives me an instant stomach ache but I still eat it. how can’t you! ITS SO AMAZING!

16. Tracey Washington

September 30th, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I introduced my husband to Nutella a couple of weeks ago…. he calls it "Cracktella". It makes the perfect dip for animal crackers, just sayin’ 🙂 Happy Friday to you too!

17. Lasha

September 30th, 2011 at 4:55 pm

I have that same quote "she believed she could so she did" as my wallpaper on my phone, and the wallpaper on my Mac when I so choose 🙂 best.words.ever. Reminds me that I need to believe in myself- which I’m learning is a hard lesson. This blog was a whole lot of awesome ( I understand your nutella love btw!) and that wall with everyones hopes and dreams? love. 🙂 thank you for another amazing installment of Jasmine’s awesome sauce 🙂

18. Kacie Lynch

September 30th, 2011 at 4:56 pm

That dog is the cutest!!!

19. ashley barnett

September 30th, 2011 at 5:05 pm

My next door neighbor brought over nutella during the hurricane last month… it mysteriously did not make it back to his apartment…. 🙂

20. Lesley

September 30th, 2011 at 5:10 pm

I had a very similar 1st experience with Nutella except we slathered it on rice cakes. I was so addicted that I would just spoon it right out of the jar and eat it. I did that one too many times in a row and got quite the awful tummy ache. It cured my addiction 🙂

21. Kerstin

September 30th, 2011 at 5:13 pm

*lol* I was raised with Nutella 🙂 When I got older I used to randomly meet up with my mum in the middle of the night to have some 🙂

22. Sheila Hallmark

September 30th, 2011 at 5:14 pm

ABSOLUTELY LOVE this post! I put the winnie dog on my FB page a few days ago. LOVE him!

23. Columbus GA Wedding Photographer

September 30th, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Maybe I should try it. Everyone talks about it so much… That chalk wall is pretty neat.

24. Kyla

September 30th, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Best friday randomness! Nutella is of the devil and I’m going straight to he##. I can’t stay away from it. I love the success line, oh and that wall makes me want to go there, great!

25. Stephanie

September 30th, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Nutella is da bomb! I hope you make up for all those lost years by indulging in it now as often as you want! 🙂

26. Aynaz

September 30th, 2011 at 5:43 pm

how on earth did it take you this loooong to try Nutella!??? HOW!!?? 😀 its been my fav chocolate for yeeeaaars!!!!I just get a spoon and eat it outa the jar!!

27. athena p

September 30th, 2011 at 5:44 pm

My first Nutella experience was very much akin to yours. no one was harmed when it came time to set the jar down, but I am fairly certain I did not share with the rest of my kin until I had gone and had my fill. Which may or may not have been a good portion of the jar.

Don’t judge.

It’s okay to eat your feelings when they taste like hazelnut cocoa spread.

At least, that’s what I tell myself.

28. ala cortez

September 30th, 2011 at 5:48 pm

i thought we were in the same non-cooking wife club but those days are clearly over with that heart pizza. are you kidding me? adorable! puts my toast to shame. 😉

29. Dana

September 30th, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Love it all!!! Especially the little doggie!!! soooooo super cute!!! xo

30. Kristen

September 30th, 2011 at 5:58 pm

You only "just" tried Nutella?!?! You’ve been missing out. Sooo yummy!

31. Ellie

September 30th, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Nutella is great with everything, Try ASAP with Bananas and choped walnuts, also on whole grain waffles and peanut butter with a sliver of nutella…mmmmmm Nutella will probably be illegal soon lol thats how amazing it is. lol Nice Pizza btw

32. chenin

September 30th, 2011 at 6:12 pm

My favorite is "Before I Die I want to Take Down Da Gov" 😉

33. jessica vidmar photography

September 30th, 2011 at 6:31 pm

thank you so much for posting. brought many smiles to my face
    : )

34. bridalbar

September 30th, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Love it J*! I’m not sure I believe I could make a heart shaped pizza, but maybe you’ll teach me one day! xo

35. Catie Ronquillo

September 30th, 2011 at 6:35 pm

NUTELLA IS A DRUG. A yummy yummy drug. Actually, I can’t keep it in the house that much because I’d sit there are eat from the jar. F’reals. If you ever go to Europe around Christmastime they sell 10-25kg jars… YES. Might as well be a vat. I wanted to get one when I studied abroad, but it would need it’s own suitcase to come home. 🙂

36. Vail Fucci

September 30th, 2011 at 6:43 pm

I love Demetri’s success line too. Speaking of a success, you can combine your two loves, nutella and pizza. I like the ones best where they fold it over more like a calzone and then they put powdered sugar on top. It is like heaven in your mouth. I had it while visiting del ray Florida at a restaurant called Scuola Vecchia. If you are ever in south Florida for a shoot, it is worth a visit!

37. Alexis

September 30th, 2011 at 6:47 pm

The first time I had Nutella was at a little shop on the streets of Italy…they cooked it in a perfect crepe! It tasted soo good and then I returned home and found that Nutella was sold at grocery stores and I felt kinda silly because I never saw it before…took going out of country to realize what we already had here @ home.

Enjoy the weekend! 🙂

38. The Detailed Life

September 30th, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Oh, that wall is great… as is that hotdog (i also saw on facebook several weeks ago) and your quote- thanks for always sharing such wonderful randomness!

39. April Merrick

September 30th, 2011 at 7:34 pm

I like Nutella but I adore Dark Chocolate Almond paste. The name isn’t as cute but it’s lower in fat and sugar and tastes just as divine!

40. anna

September 30th, 2011 at 7:41 pm

my fave is "get my wife back"

41. DerFotograf

September 30th, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I have nutella for breakfest nearly every morning 😉 I know it is very expencise in the states. here in Germany you get it pretty cheap and everybody loves it 😉

If you critique my portfolio i might sent you some for x-mas 😉

42. MegganB

September 30th, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Love the dog one – my 2 year old calls hot dogs – "puppies" lol!

43. Felicia Williams

September 30th, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Nutella + pretzels = empty Nutella jar and happy ME!

44. Karen

September 30th, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Nutella + bananas. Best combo ever.

45. Chip

September 30th, 2011 at 11:42 pm

The best thing that Nutella goes with is a spoon…

46. Cy

September 30th, 2011 at 11:53 pm

That’s one of your best posts ever, Jasmine!

47. Bek

October 1st, 2011 at 12:05 am

Try putting nutella on vanilla ice cream….!

48. Shnibarella

October 1st, 2011 at 1:34 am

Nutella is my Kryptonite! I dont buy it – I have NO control…I will rush the kids to school and return home just to eat it with a spoon…so I can’t buy it!

October 1st, 2011 at 2:05 am

I have a wonderful recipe for nutella cookies! Easy and yummy. Let me know if you’d like it.

50. angela young

October 1st, 2011 at 2:27 pm

I recently discovered nutella…and like has changed my life!! LOL! 🙂 I love that stuff!! I eat it straight from the jar on a spoon, with a giant glass of milk….yummy!! 🙂 I have a recipe for nutella cookies–but why bother cooking the stuff when it’s already delicious on a spoon?!?! lol! 🙂

51. Becca

October 1st, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Nutella comes in totally second to hotdog dog!! OMGEEEE that dog is like the cutest thing since the sliced bread its on!! I NEED one!

52. Christa Hann

October 1st, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Mmm….now I’m going to crave Nutella all day!! Eeesh….lol, thanks Jasmine 🙂

53. Caiti

October 1st, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Two words: Nutella crepes.
    Or Nutella on apples. Or graham crackers. Or ice cream. Or with ice cream and pretzels in little pretzel bites.

54. Jack

October 1st, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Very nice and impressive photos you’ve got on this blog. Thanks for sharing them

55. Molly W.

October 2nd, 2011 at 3:31 am

How, HOW have you gone so long w/out trying Nutella?! What makes me sad for you is that you were in Italy not long ago and didn’t try the Nutella Gelato! Best.thing.ever.!! When you get back to Italy, you gotta try it!! Enjoy!!!

56. Petra Cross

October 2nd, 2011 at 6:13 pm

I am European, so I can proudly say Nutella is the taste of my childhood. Also, you can imagine the shock and disgust Europeans experience when they try peanut butter for the first time in their life. Especially after you’ve been used to Nutella all your life, and after being used to peanuts tasting salty. I don’t think I can ever get over that shock and accept peanut butter for what it is.

57. MemoriesandColors Dallas Photography

October 2nd, 2011 at 8:14 pm

never tried a nutella crepe?? Love nutella!

58. Leesa M

October 2nd, 2011 at 10:13 pm

We have a new crepe place in town that makes strawberry, banana and nutella crepes that are SOOOO yummy!

59. Melissa

October 2nd, 2011 at 11:57 pm

I LOVE nutella too! Here’s my super secret most delicious desert ever made: crushed gram crackers, vanilla ice cream, drizzled nutella, sliced strawberries, topped with whip cream. It’s like you died and went to heaven.

60. Anna Peavy

October 3rd, 2011 at 4:04 am

I love love nutella, but the nuts in it sadly don’t love me. Peanut butter is my to die for..but sadly, Peanuts dont die for me.

To Do list..just keeps getting longer, but things are getting marked off as well. Yipee!

61. Heather LaBone

October 3rd, 2011 at 10:41 am

OK, I have never tried it, and now I HAVE to. I wanna be addicted too! LOL
    Love the chalk wall and love me some Jasmine*!!

62. Jim Schofield

October 3rd, 2011 at 12:26 pm

After an evening football match, my son demands an "NS", ( Nutella Sandwich ) A thick slice of fresh bread smothered in Nutella, sitting down beside the fire, that’s what childhood is all about.

63. cassandra-m

October 3rd, 2011 at 8:25 pm

that wiener doggie made me SMILE so BIG~!

64. Hannes Uys

October 3rd, 2011 at 10:26 pm

The board is absolutely killer! Love it.

65. Sara Mac

October 4th, 2011 at 12:56 am

Nutella is amazing – AND – I have to also suggest the hazelnut praline spread at Le Pan Quotidien. It incited a religious experience when my friends from high school visited and we all tried it together. Completely addictive.

66. Denise Prichett

October 4th, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I love this feel good post. It is so random. The pizza look good. Never had nutella. What’s in it?

67. Maribel

October 4th, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Actually, the picture of the puppy in the hot dog bun made me really sad because it makes me think someone really big is going to eat him 🙁

68. Chris Cornwell

October 4th, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Did someone say Nutella? I’m having a sandwich right NOW! So good. Like comfort food : ) Thanks for sharing..

69. Bryan

October 5th, 2011 at 3:12 am

Must be the 3rd anniversary – I believe that one is the pizza/nutella anniversary. Or is it the nutella/pizza anniversary? I forget… 🙂

70. Vanessa M

October 6th, 2011 at 4:49 am

Oh, Jasmine, you’ve been living a deprived life if you are only now discovering the joy of Nutella! ;-). FYI- Costco sells the super sized jar in a twin pack! I’m just sayin’. 🙂

71. Lisa Redemann

October 7th, 2011 at 2:48 am

Nutella and waffles is where it is at.

72. Kristin McCullough

October 7th, 2011 at 4:19 am

I live in NH and just a short drive from my house is one of these ‘Before I die I want to__________" walls!!!!!!

73. Jenni L

October 7th, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Love Nutella! You should try putting it in those pillsbury crescent rolls and then baking them. Also Nutella and banana crepes. Yum!

74. Louisa

October 13th, 2011 at 5:10 am

Nutella on a crepe. From a street stall in Paris of course. Best snack EVER!

75. Louisa

October 13th, 2011 at 5:11 am

PS. have you tried Vegemite yet? It’s Australian.

76. Mindy Kaye

October 14th, 2011 at 3:50 am

OMG that dog photo gave me the biggest belly laugh and the first words out of my mouth were he is so cute I just want to bite him…haha!!! LOVE!!!!

77. Nada

October 14th, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Nutella? I know something better than Nutella. I know you like cookies – so you must definitely like all sorts of sweets… google Hanuta, it’s heaven. I don’t even know why Germany doesn’t market Hanutas to be available in stores world-wide… sigh!

78. Charlotte Fristoe

October 24th, 2011 at 5:03 pm

I love this post and recently took pictures of the same wall! My in-laws live a couple of blocks up from it and we checked it out in September when we came in town and I wrote a post about it:
    PS. Can you believe they painted over the wall since then? We were visiting them again last weekend and it was gone =(

79. Tana

November 28th, 2011 at 6:35 am

The "Before I Die" mural is designed by Candy Chang. All her work is amazing and incredibly conscious of urban spaces. 🙂

80. Kerri Helms

February 23rd, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Nutella is definitely superb. I got it for Christmas from my mama. Best. Gift. Ever.