Friday Randomness : Web Edition

I wish I could define more who I am and stuff them into a few distinct words. I’m random, have a peculiar sense of humor, and am intrigued with life’s banalities. I have a pretty good memory, so things I find on the web stick with me much longer than most. Which is pretty gnarly considering I’m on the web I also use periods in the middle of sentences to show how cool I am. Here’s a few things I’ve found on the web (a few with some help with friends) as a sneak peek into things that have found a place in my brain. And sometimes my heart.

Dear Noah. Letterpress card.
Most of my friends know I’m obsessed with stationary and letterpress. You wanna make me swoon and be BFFs? Get me some paper and soon you and I will be wearing matching necklaces, each wearing the other part of the half-heart. Awwww. Evan Hunt sent me a link to this Dear Noah letterpress card from etsy and I wanted to crawl through the internet and chest bump him.

Book Smarts
One day I hope I’m cool enough to read enough books to comprise an entire library that looks like a test parttern. This is so dorkily cool I can’t even bear it.

Parents Shouldn’t
Mom and Dad, please ignore this entire section and don’t click on this link. Late one night a few weeks ago, I stumbled across this site and spent hours crying from laughter. JD was sound asleep next to me and I used my pillow to stifle my outbursts. Most of it is entirely inappropriate, so please don’t judge me.

Like most photographers, I derive inspiration from visual stimulation. However, when visual stimulants create emotional reactions, I walk away deeper. Wider. Lighter. This video was so moving and left me breathless.

Symmetry from Everynone on Vimeo.

DIY Shower Curtain
Now here’s the most perfect way for my creative side to meet my clean side. Ahem. This DIY Shower Curtain from Poketo is perfect for the doodler, the artist, or the person who simply likes to draw crazy things in the shower. I may or may not be one of those three types of people.

Mommy Won’t Kill You
Kate Douthwright posted this video on my Facebook wall and it was so cute I had to watch it twice. Okay, more than twice, but who’s counting?!

Awkward Family
Okay, so this site never gets old me. And that right there? Simply proves I haven’t matured since junior high. But, really, what other website assures you that there are other families weirder than your own?!

“This is a photo of my brother and I playing “Trouble.” Some buy travel-sized board games for traveling, others have them for extended lonesome periods of time in the washroom.”

Not every idea is a “slam dunk.”

Happy Friday!

1. Life with Kaishon

May 27th, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Oh my goodness.
    I love the ‘Mommy won’t kill you’ video. Those little voices are too sweet.

2. Kate Douthwright

May 27th, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Woo hoo – you posted the video I sent you! I love this one, the kids voices alone are way too adorbs!

3. Damaris Mia

May 27th, 2011 at 2:39 pm

OHMYGOODNESS. I LAUGHED OUT LOUD. Bahahahaha. There is another site that has those texting things.. gotta check out the parent’s one. That is too funny. And I just love the awkward family site.. Hilarious! I showed it to my dad a few weeks ago and he just didn’t get it! LOL

4. Tanya De Leeuw

May 27th, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I can relate to the LOL thing … my uncle insists on using it as "lots of love" … where’d that come from?!

5. Ashley Goodwin

May 27th, 2011 at 2:53 pm

So I say the Unicorn card pinned on pinterest and after I stopped laughing I went to repin it and saw it came from your blog! So then I was REALLY LOL-ing all over the place, but not like Mom was. HILARIOUS. How cool is that shower curtain?!?! I would love to get that, but Marshall complains I take too long in the shower as it is. I would never get out, I’d constantly be "working on another masterpiece". 😉

6. Neda Lahrodi-Blake

May 27th, 2011 at 3:08 pm

This cheered me right up on this rainy cloudy day here in London, UK. Jasmin I hope you bring some sunshine when you come over ; )

7. angel canary

May 27th, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Jasmine, I have word envy 😉 Late last night I blogged a post about how much I love polaroid note cards, etc. and it sounds like a ball of mush coming out of my mouth. Thank goodness nobody "really" reads my blog haha! You are such a great writer – I wish I could write and speak with such eloquence as you do. Keep rocking it out!

8. Rachel Tatem

May 27th, 2011 at 3:19 pm

The noah note is amazing.

I agree I love paper too… My sister in law ( and I write letters back and forth. Not cause it is quick or easy… but because of the fun of getting an actual letter in the mail and being creative with the stationary.

9. sherri lynn

May 27th, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I loved that video! Thanks for sharing!

10. Sheree

May 27th, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I really could do with a laugh today and you sealed the deal with ‘parentsshouldnttext’, soooo funny. The ‘Awkward Family Photos’ too never fails to make me cringe, cry and laugh all at the same time!

11. Emily Burlingame

May 27th, 2011 at 4:22 pm

I love everything about this post!

12. JessicaLee

May 27th, 2011 at 4:33 pm

That website – Parents Shouldn’t… I had tears rolling down my face!! I mean, full, belly shaking, laughing out loud!! I swear, if I were in public, I would have created a scene!!

The last clip of that video = WOW. Seriously took the breathe right out of me!

Thanks for sharing Jasmine. I always like to be introduced to new things 🙂

13. terri z

May 27th, 2011 at 4:43 pm

symmetry video: WOW…the ending is so powerful !

14. Ashley

May 27th, 2011 at 4:58 pm

THIS IS THE BEST POST EVER!!! And totally my kind of humor! Thanks for this!

15. Shane Jeffri

May 27th, 2011 at 5:01 pm

If you love paper and letterpress, you should check out For Print Only ( Loads of pretty stuff with great explanations of the process.

16. Tara

May 27th, 2011 at 5:02 pm – also hilarious. Love the sledding video, those kids sound so adorable, I wanted to pick them up and squeeze them.

17. Courtney Jade

May 27th, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Haha, thank you for the laughs this morning. I love them all!

18. Camille

May 27th, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Love your randomness. That Symmetry video is nuts. I watched it 3 times.
    Okay I found this video the other day…If you like the movie Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, you have to watch this…

19. Kate Douthwright

May 27th, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Jasmine – you linked to my site and you rock for doing that but it looks like its being sent to instead of so it’s getting a 404 error. 🙁

20. Alanna

May 27th, 2011 at 5:15 pm

My boss (who is over 50) just did the same thing with text messaging and with pictures on fb. "I’m so sorry for your" and we had to break it to her that it meant laugh out loud instead of lots of love.

21. KimberlyAnne

May 27th, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Parents shouldn’t text website is hilARious, I could be there all day & night!! Thank you for sharing this!

22. Marivelle

May 27th, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Oh. My. Goodness! That "Mommy won’t kill you" video was so stinkin’ adorable it makes me ALMOST want kids of my own…ALMOST!

23. Bianca

May 27th, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Jas, you killed me!!! I laughed so hard I snorted while checking out the awkward family site. Don’t make me post the picture of you with the hanging plunged into your full-leg cast!

24. Kristen Werden

May 27th, 2011 at 6:03 pm

You have to check out the website . It. Is. Hysterical.

25. Lisa

May 27th, 2011 at 6:07 pm just discovered it yesterday I laughed so hard I was crying then I had to show my hubby late last night and even rereading them I could not stop laughing best ever…<3

26. Abby Grace Photography

May 27th, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Hahahahahahahahaha that "parents shouldn’t text" one is AWESOME!

27. KaraM

May 27th, 2011 at 6:45 pm

OMG! I laughed out loud, literally, at my quiet desk when I read the text message!!

28. Amy Jo

May 27th, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I totally thought I could handle awkward… that was until I saw the slam dunk shot. AWKWARD! Great post. I loved it.

29. Georgia

May 27th, 2011 at 7:09 pm

I am laughing so hard. For months, my Mom (78) has been adding "lol" to her comments on facebook. I was beginning to think she had started drinking heavily. But one morning (that happened to be Mother’s Day) it was so in appropriate that I called and asked if she had been drinking. That’s when she told me she thought it meant "lots of love."

30. Kira Noble

May 27th, 2011 at 7:29 pm

THANK YOU for this Friday goodness. The parents shouldn’t text website is absolutely fantastic!

31. LEOLAK

May 27th, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Thanks for the laugh Jasmine! I agree with Lisa…the autocorrect site is HILARIOUS! Talk about can’t breathe…I had tears down my face that never stopped. You should definitely check it out. Happy Weekend!

32. Andrew

May 27th, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Peed myself…

33. GingerMurray

May 27th, 2011 at 10:09 pm

I was talking with a friend last year about this generation of humor (and the younger generation these days in general), and how I think that "random" describes our sense of humor. The Office/30 Rock…… Napoleon Dynamite… random websites… Of course we don’t think ALL random things are funny, but with the digital age upon us, it’s easier to acquire more randomness, haha.

34. Heidi

May 27th, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I shared multiple things in this post with my husband. Fun stuff!

35. Jonni

May 28th, 2011 at 12:39 am

These are great Jasmine! You would probably like the website Pinterest. you can collect neat things from the internet and post them to boards. It is really clever and a great place for organizing the things you love.

36. Carrie

May 28th, 2011 at 7:38 am

Thanks Jasmine, these are great, the symmetry video is amazing. I was really moved wacthing the whole thing, but that last scene had me in tears! x

37. Kerry Brooks

May 28th, 2011 at 4:46 pm

This post cracked me up! Thanks for the share:)

38. Jessica Sweeney

May 28th, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Wow, I just got lost at Parents Shouldn’t Text for like 2 hours. And I laughed so hard that I was crying. Evan made a lot of fun of me.

39. Shannon Gray

May 28th, 2011 at 11:28 pm

hahaha Love all that stuff!! 🙂

40. Ariana

May 29th, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Awesome stuff! I laughed out loud for like two hours!

41. Ariana

May 29th, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Awesome stuff! I laughed out loud for like two hours!

42. Lorraine Marie

May 30th, 2011 at 3:43 am

Those voices are so sweet on the "Mommy Won’t Kill You" video…too bad we never get to see their precious faces. Loved it.

43. christina juleson

May 30th, 2011 at 5:26 pm

I love the little kid video…broke my heart..then made me so happy! love it!

44. Feuza

May 31st, 2011 at 1:51 am

now I saw the rest of your post and my stomach is hurting from so much laughter, but video was powerful and not funny and left me speechless, thanks for your awesome randomness

45. candace berry

May 31st, 2011 at 2:23 pm

hahahah! jasmine, if you liked…check out it is HILARIOUS!…and its really bad because i am sitting in a quiet cafe with headphones on ‘LAUGHING soo HARD out loud! 😉

46. sen

June 1st, 2011 at 2:16 pm

thanks nices

47. Jenna

June 1st, 2011 at 6:23 pm You made me laugh till I cried today Miss Jasmine 🙂

48. Erica Velasco

June 1st, 2011 at 10:39 pm

49. karen Feder

June 9th, 2011 at 9:34 pm

ok, totally cracked up at all of this! Great places to retreat to when the editing hours get long! Thanks!!

50. Emily Lapish

June 12th, 2011 at 5:08 pm

OMG – that "mommy won’t kill you" video is some friends of mine!! My hubby and I went to school with the "mommy" and dad of the family. They won America’s Funniest Videos with it! Love it. 🙂

51. kristie metivier

June 21st, 2011 at 6:09 pm

i LOVED that video on symmetry. SO COOL.