Hycroft Manor Wedding : Mikaela + Shane

Photography

She’s a quiet person who loves moments of solitude and the gravity of focusing on her work. But all that changed when she met Shane. When life handed her moments to be alone, she soon chose to spend every moment with the man she became with whom she became smitten. They met at Starbucks on their first date and spent hours talking about…well…everything. It was then when Mikaela knew life was about to change.

Shane’s the type of guy who’ll walk into a room and leave an hour later slathered in hugs. He’ll listen to what you’re saying, but has a unique ability to hear what’s being said in-between the lines…and later use it to elevate one’s character. And Mikaela saw this. Instantly. His heart of gold, sense of humor, and thoughtfulness won her over and she’s blossomed into a new person.

The newness of Mikaela manifested itself over the past year, so when she announced her engagement, friends and family pulled together to plan the wedding in three and a half months. They saw her happiness…no, no…they saw their happiness and wanted to ensure Shane and Mikaela started their married life with love, laughter, and a lots of pretty details. And at the end of the night they both left slathered in hugs.

Mikaela and Shane…where many words exist, I can only seem to find the following two: thank you. Really. I felt incredibly blessed to meet your amazing families and to document your love was an honor. I appreciate your friendship and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for two of the most amazing people. Ever. Much Love and Appreciation… j*

The wedding took place at Hycroft Manor in Vancouver, Canada…Mikaela donned Vera Wang shoes and accompanied the bling with…well…more bling.

It was raining in Vancouver when we landed, but the following morning the skies broke and the sun shined, providing the prettiest light throughout the day at Hycroft Manor. Here, Mikaela’s stunning Soterro and Midgley dress looks particulary pretty…

Shane surprised Mikaela with pearls. If you know Mikaela, you’d quickly realize she always wearing a string of them, but he thought it proper to give his wife the real deal to start their lives together…

A special and HUGE thanks must go to Whitney, Mikaela’s sister and Maid of Honor, for being SO accommodating and attentive to whatever I needed…she and their mom, Risa, were the powerhouses behind all the day’s beauty…

JD hung out with Shane and the groomsmen at the other end of Hycroft Manor and captured him writing a note…

Shane cleans up quite well himself and was looking extra dapper in his custom suit…

Mikaela and Shane opted for a First Look and I lovelovelove when clients see each other before the ceremony. Not only does it provide more time for wedding photos, I’m able to capture sincere moments of elation when the bride and groom see each other for the first time…I think Shane knows just how lucky he is…

JD captured the photo on the right and we both were swooning (okay, okay…I was swooning) over the most ah-may-zing light Vancouver provides…hey, Canada, I love you.

Besides the striking beauty of Hycroft Manor, there are just so many nooks and crannies for wedding pictures…

Mikaela, you know I think you’re absolutely, positively stunning…but I think you’re even prettier on the inside…true story.

You know Shane is a nice guy because he convinced five of his best friends to wear pink ties! 😉 In all realness, these groomsmen were totally amazing and I had such a great time with them…

Helllllo hotnesses…ladies, work it out!

Just before guests started arriving for the wedding ceremony and the bride was going to get tucked away, I snapped this photo…and it’s my favorite of the day.

For three and a half months, Mikaela and her friends, sister, mom, cousins, and aunts worked together in creating a day filled with personalized details and they were simply perfect…

Sometimes I’m asked if having the couple see each other before the wedding takes away the poignancy of the groom watching as the bride walks down the aisle and I can easily say NO, but I think this photo sums up more of what I’m trying to say…

On the bottom floor of Hycroft Manor, the wedding reception was decked out in hundreds (and hundreds) of tiny details. I hope to showcase more soon, but here’s a sneak peek of their sweet goodness…

Oh! And they had Starbucks set up a cafe and provided guests when coffee, tea, and an assortment of caffeinated awesomeness…

The First Dance from JD’s perspective…

The First Dance from mine…

To see more of Mikaela and Shane’s Vancouver wedding at Hycroft Manor, feel free to CLICK HERE for a slideshow or watch it here:

comments

1. Anne Elisabeth

October 12th, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Perfect! Just perfect 🙂

2. Emily Ebeling

October 12th, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Ah-MAZING photographs- looks like you had some gorgeous weather, too, for the first look! I am SO happy for these two- A truly lovely couple!
    ~Em

3. Megan@COUTUREmotion Films

October 12th, 2011 at 4:02 pm

j* I think this just might be my favorite wedding you have done. I have been a faithful reader since January of 2010 and I have admired (okay studied) your work. Aside from that, I think that you really pushed yourself as an artist on this wedding. Looking at these images I felt like you saw things differently and it’s so beautiful! I felt like I had to be quiet when looking at these and carefully scroll my mouse as to not disturb the quiet beauty of this wedding. Anyway, job well done milady. Job well done!

4. Rachel Tatem

October 12th, 2011 at 4:04 pm

I love the way you tell their story! She made a lovely bride. I love her attention to detail in the decor. You did an amazing job as always!

5. Meredith

October 12th, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Jasmine, I think this is one of my favorite weddings that you’ve done! You and JD really captured some great moments between them. Have a good one!

6. Amy Jo

October 12th, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I have been so excited to see these pictures! I have been following Mikaela ever since you posted about their proposal. You and JD did a beautiful job. The pictures aer stunning.

7. Julie-Marie

October 12th, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Jasmine, this is so beautiful I don’t want to look away – just breathtaking!

8. lauren

October 12th, 2011 at 4:28 pm

So sweet! I remember these two from your post a few months ago, I think at a very low key motel (?). Am not an aspiring wedding photographer…I just come here now and then for general inspiration, and of course it’s never failed me ;). Best wishes, L

9. Kimberli Nelson

October 12th, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Whenever I see photos like these, I just wish I could be in love like them, have a day like theirs, have MEMORIES like this. The emotion you capture, the detail you share… it all makes me feel like I know the couple, like i was THERE. Amazing. Beautiful couple. Gorgeous photos!!!!

10. Genelle

October 12th, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Beautiful as always! Love the lighting, color and my goodness their very own starbucks! Nice touch! 😉 Stunning photos Jasmine!! Very well captured!

11. Alexis

October 12th, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I like the little photo card by the Starbucks cafe with the picture of the wedded couple and a title that says, "Pick of My Life"!

Very creative and clever!

The wedding photography is sweet! 🙂

12. Abby Grace

October 12th, 2011 at 4:29 pm

AH! I’ve been waiting for these images to hit your blog ever since I saw you did their e-session! I’m dying over all of these adorable details. I simply love this. They’re a gorgeous couple with a heart for the Lord, and it’s a blessing to see such a glorifying couple come together in marriage.

13. sherri lynn

October 12th, 2011 at 4:30 pm

ah I love Mikaela and her blog! She is gorgeous and their wedding looks perfect! Amazing details!

14. Mike Moore

October 12th, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Wow! Beautiful composition and beautiful couple. I am photographing my first wedding next week and am always inspired by your work.

15. jessica vidmar photography

October 12th, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Absolutely beautiful and sweet. I love it! great job! I can’t believe they pulled that together in 3 months…my my…

16. LEOLAK

October 12th, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I am sitting here misty eyed. Absolutely breathtaking…I can’t even think of more words at the moment. This rates up there with one of my favorites of your work Jasmine…really. The shot of Mikaela at the french doors…I knew she’s be a beautiful bride but that doesn’t seem to be a good enough description. She is simply radiating through these images…I wish her and Shane a blessful and happy life together. I felt such a relatable connection to her story and it’s so great to see someone’s life falling into all the right places and being truly blessed. There I got getting misty again.

17. KB

October 12th, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I have been waiting to see this! So gorgeous. Great photos Jasmine, and congrats to Shane & Mikaela!

18. Regan Carter

October 12th, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Oh my goodness! This just might be my favorite wedding of yours EVER!! Ahh the details! (Especially the Starbucks cafe!) Such gorgeous photos, as always!!

19. Shelya

October 12th, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Oh my word! I remember reading their engagement story on her blog. So Fantastic! Their wedding was just as stunning and you did a fantastic job as usual! Gorgeous!

20. Shanna

October 12th, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Absolutely gorgeous as usual you continue to amaze & inspire!!!<3

21. MegganB

October 12th, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Woah details, absolutely stunning – nice work Mikaela and FANTASTIC images as always J*

22. Jodie Lemke

October 12th, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Gorgeous! I love love love it! congratulations Shane & Mikaela!

23. Lesley

October 12th, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I have been refreshing your blog for the past 3 days knowing it had to come sooner than later and it’s more stunning then I ever imagined! So happy for M&S and am wishing them congratulations from Europe!! Beautiful images and love the stunning couple!

24. Tori

October 12th, 2011 at 4:47 pm

LOVE. Everything about it. Everything.

25. Lasha

October 12th, 2011 at 4:47 pm

all I can say is……. good gracious the photos are GORGEOUS! You and JD make majic happen!
    your couples/clients are lucky people!

26. kama Carranza

October 12th, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Wow…stunning, beautiful, gorgeous! I am totally inspired…

27. LaRiche

October 12th, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Simply elegant. Awesome job Jasmine!

28. Mary Marantz

October 12th, 2011 at 4:50 pm

You guys, seriously one of your best ever!! I love every one!! xoxo

29. Cecilia Flaming

October 12th, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Amazing photos Jasmine!!!
    Love that you shot in my city, and super glad that our BC rain held off for you!

30. angie

October 12th, 2011 at 4:53 pm

stunning…and I am loving the Starbucks Cafe. Makes me wanna redo my wedding reception! 😉

31. Robin

October 12th, 2011 at 4:55 pm

This is such a pretty wedding with lots of rich details. I love the colors and the different bridesmaids dresses…very unique. Beautiful work as always!

32. Dana

October 12th, 2011 at 4:56 pm

umm…i died with love… was resurrected with love… & then died with love again… I LOVE this wedding!!! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! Awesome work J*!

33. Tanja Kibogo

October 12th, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Wow!! I love the brides dress!! And the colour scheme….And you two did a great job as usual 😉
    Love

34. Kim

October 12th, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Oh Jasmine, I don’t think I have ever seen a more beautiful wedding or more beautiful wedding photos. So stunning! Awesome work!!

35. Eileen Morales

October 12th, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I am so inspired by this! Fabulous job!!!

36. Robyn

October 12th, 2011 at 5:01 pm

I swoon every time I think about this couple’s story, and I think it’s so great that you were able to capture their tale so beautifully. What a wonderful wedding!

37. Amy

October 12th, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Jasmine, I absolutely adore this couple, you’ve captured them perfectly. I LOVED their engagement session and was so excited to see the wedding – just beautiful. (p.s. coral colour palette makes me smile.)

38. Kari Jeanne

October 12th, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Absolutely amazing! Love all the details – you can just tell their day was filled with so much love.

39. Kara M

October 12th, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I love first looks. I always tell my brides that its a great time for them to have a special moment to just drink each other in and not feel rushed!

40. Amanda

October 12th, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Simply amazing – have followed them since the starbucks proposal and their wedding looks every bit of amazing!

41. Kellie

October 12th, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Exceptionally gorgeous!! I feel so giddy looking at this amazing wedding. Jasmine, you capture everything with such love. Simply Perfect 🙂

42. Pam Zimmerer

October 12th, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Jasmine, it’s always such a treat to see your work. I feel as though I am there- your thoughts written out and looking through your and JD’s lenses. Simply wonderful!

43. Kristin Hardwick

October 12th, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Jasmine, you and JD captured pure LOVE oozing from these two. I keep looking over the photos and am amazed! I’m sure they will love them 100% more than we can, but well done!

44. Meredith Sledge

October 12th, 2011 at 5:24 pm

JASMINE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m basically freaking out right now. These are the most beautiful images I think you’ve taken. Well, they’re my favorites!!!! I love this wedding! AHHH. And Mikaela is gorgeous!!! Wow.

45. Kacey

October 12th, 2011 at 5:28 pm

Is it just me or is there something magical about this couple? I lovvved the engagement pictures and couldn’t wait to see their wedding! Beautiful…no wait…more than beautiful…just can’t think of a good enough word right now! Stunning. Stunning. Stunning!!

46. Julie

October 12th, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Beautiful, gorgeous…..love it.

47. Jenn Best

October 12th, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Beautiful Jasmine. Glad to see you had a wonderful time here in Vancouver. Hycroft is one of my fav locations in the city. So funny that you love the Vancouver light because all of us Van photogs freak out over the california light 🙂

48. Memories and colors

October 12th, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Stunning! Absolutely stunning! And the window with the hanging dress is just gorgeous!

49. Diana Lupu

October 12th, 2011 at 5:43 pm

I’ve been waiting for this wedding since their engagement session and you did NOT disappoint (not that you ever do). I can’t wait to see all the details and i really felt the emotion of the day through your photos. As always, you are truly fab and really do have the best looking couples on planet earth! 🙂

50. Rachel Marie Photography

October 12th, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Amazing. Everything about this day is perfection! I love all of the little details, the colors, the location.. and SUCH a stunning couple!

51. kristin greenwald

October 12th, 2011 at 5:50 pm

My eyes teared up when I saw the pic of him watching his bride come down the aisle. I couldn’t agree with you more! xo

52. Dasola

October 12th, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I am a huge fan of Mikaelas blog and i cannot be happier for her and shane!. Here to a Lifetime of HAPPINESS TOGETHER. AMEN

53. Kristin Nicole

October 12th, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I have been anticipating seeing this wedding, and it is beyond perfect. I love it all!

54. lori

October 12th, 2011 at 5:55 pm

this wedding is over the top amazing!

55. Elizabeth Kaye

October 12th, 2011 at 6:07 pm

OOOOO!!! I was waiting for this post – you did SUCH an amazing job Jasmine! Mikaela is absolutely stunning – I can’t even handle it. Love the photos, the details, the couple, and the photographer. Amazing work!! XO

56. Vanessa

October 12th, 2011 at 6:08 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Such an amazing couple and the photographs suit them perfectly! I can see why that one black and white one was your favourite of the day!! Stunning!

57. Audrey

October 12th, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Um. Stunning. Stunning. Stunning. I love your work – but I think these are the most stunningest images of yours to date! And there’s a new word for you: "stunningest".

58. Marie B

October 12th, 2011 at 6:09 pm

holy MOLIE Mikaela looks sooooooo gorgeous in that door way!! There aren’t enough o’s to go at the end of soooooooooooo gorgeous! beautiful job Jas!

59. Lianne Perry

October 12th, 2011 at 6:16 pm

These are some of the most incredible photos I have ever seen in my life. Unbelievably creative….just amazing.

60. I forgot

October 12th, 2011 at 6:17 pm

to high five JD for his pics of the groom…and the letter….cause if there was a perfect moment to catch that was it. Its so perfect he should print it out and put it in the center console so next time you get mad for being on empty he can pull it out and remind you he aint no run of the mill 2nd shooter 😉

61. Jennifer

October 12th, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Love, Love, Love!!!!

62. Gail

October 12th, 2011 at 6:25 pm

I knew I was going to love their wedding just based on their engagement session but these photos blow me away. Favorite wedding of yours this year, for sure. They are such a handsome couple together and I’m DYING over the details! Mwwahhh!

63. Felicia Gwen

October 12th, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Perfection!!! I love everything about the wedding details and you capture them in such a stunning way! xo!

64. Jennifer Jar

October 12th, 2011 at 6:26 pm

When I saw Mikaela and Shane’s engagement in the woods and then your shoot of them…I was SO excited to see their wedding photos. Boy am I glad that I only had to wait 3.5 months! Jasmine & JD, you totally rocked out this wedding! Gorge!

65. Gail

October 12th, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Oh and PS–I’m pretty much in love with Shane’s hair.

That is all 🙂

66. Katelyn James

October 12th, 2011 at 6:38 pm

ummmm… that shot with the MIRROR?!!! MONEY!!!! Ah! I stared at it for like a whole minute! gorgeous!!

67. Stephanie Stewart

October 12th, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Loooove this wedding! I mean, who wouldn’t after hearing their sweet story and seeing their amazing engagement session! Jasmine, you continue to inspire me! What gorgeous photos! And what a perfectly lovely collection of images to tell their story!

68. Kailey-Michelle

October 12th, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Beautifully captured! What a stunning couple

69. Yuliya M.

October 12th, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Loooove! Mikaela is just gorgeous!

70. Bethany Ann

October 12th, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Oh, I remember their engagement session and I fell in love with them then! The images of their wedding capture their love wonderfully! Great images. 🙂 Love them!!

71. Angela Hubbard

October 12th, 2011 at 6:52 pm

hey J star, great job! Don’t you love Hycroft? I have shot there many times and it was a treat to see how you captured the wedding there 🙂 I love photography and everyone’s personal vision! xo

72. Kacie Lynch

October 12th, 2011 at 6:56 pm

The photos are amazing and Mikaela is gorgeous! 🙂

73. ashley barnett

October 12th, 2011 at 7:18 pm

I have been waiting for this one since I saw their starbucks engagement and then your e-session of them! Love it! I can’t wait to see more details. She is such a elegant and beautiful bride!

74. Christina Hastings

October 12th, 2011 at 7:24 pm

She looks stunning. Awesome pics!

75. Emily Crall

October 12th, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Ohmigosh, I’ve been awaiting this post anxiously! SO FLIPPING GORGEOUS! I just want to look at them over and over again and it’s not even my wedding! Hah!!!

76. Lyndsay London

October 12th, 2011 at 7:35 pm

LOVE shooting at Hycroft! Best venue! LOVE Mikaela & Shane’s awesome looking wedding! LOVE every image! Congrats Mikaela and Shane!!

77. Sandra Fazzino Photography

October 12th, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Jasmine & JD, I think your clients are the luckiest people on earth. That’s all I have to say after viewing this beautiful couple and their gorgeous wedding.

78. Lauren Nall

October 12th, 2011 at 7:39 pm

You moved me to tears on this post. You have created an attachment, appreciation and love for this couple who the world has grown to love through your photographs. I have said it before and I will say it again, thank you for what you do, for touching our hearts and capturing love for us all to see. Truly inspiring and magical talent. <3

79. Jackie Lamas

October 12th, 2011 at 7:42 pm

this wedding is so romantic!! i love seeing people in love 🙂

80. kristen holly

October 12th, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Gorgeous couple, amazing venue! I love the different bridesmaids dresses, and the in-reception Starbucks?! Awesomeness!!

81. Sameena Jaleel

October 12th, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Jasmine, you really are amazing. I have been following Mikaela’s blog and actually chuckled excitedly when I saw her wedding pictures posted on your site. I wanted to ask, what lens did you use and does it take you long to set up the camera settings before each shot, you know like in manual mode? You rock, Jasmine.

82. Christina Dely

October 12th, 2011 at 8:09 pm

What a gorgeous couple! I adore all the special details you captured! And you must have really enjoyed Hycroft Manor, I think I counted 85 shout out’s 😉

83. John Farrand

October 12th, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Wow! I love the pictures you got of this couple before, but these wedding pictures are amazing! That shot of the M in the doorway is killer! .. Well, so many of them are. This is truly incredible work Jasmine.

I wish I knew some of your posing cues to get these kinds of "thoughtful but cool" looking people.. Oh wait.. Maybe these are just thoughtful, cool-looking people!

Excellent pictures!

84. Monica

October 12th, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I love the moments that was captured. It seems like you and JD are always right on point. It also goes well when you have a beautiful couple. Just beautiful!!!

85. brianna

October 12th, 2011 at 8:30 pm

FAVE.

86. Danielle

October 12th, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Holy flipping cow! (lolz on the visual of a flipping cow there) Didn’t these two just get engaged? This is gorgeous (the wedding itself & your images from the day). Love the image of the dress in the window. I really have to work on my back-lit photography for shots like that. Gorgeous on all accounts 🙂

87. Kristen

October 12th, 2011 at 8:59 pm

So many comments!!! Mikaela is gorgeous & I knew she’d be a beautiful bride. I couldn’t wait to see these pictures up on the blog. Do we have permission to see the rest of her pictures?!?! Ha, ha! Also, how on earth can a wedding be planned in 3.5 months?? Especially with all these amazing details?!

88. Liz Lovi

October 12th, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Jasmine, this is probably one of the most beautiful slideshows I have ever seen…not only are Mikaela and Shane amazingly beautiful, but your images bring out their love for each other…and the song…geez…I am tearing up watching it! Amazing really, and congrats to you and Shane, Mikaela!!!!! xoxo

89. Sarajane Case

October 12th, 2011 at 9:18 pm

These two are my absolute favorite of your couples! I can feel their goodness radiating from your photos. I’m near certain that they have beautiful souls.

90. christen barnes

October 12th, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Oh my! I’ve been waiting for this one for some time now since I follow not only your blog, but also Mikaela’s. So beautiful. I love seeing couples who are so over the moon about each other. Love!

91. Ashley Goodwin

October 12th, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Can I go back in time and have their wedding? Jasmine, the image of her in the doorway is PHEMON!

92. Adriana Morett

October 12th, 2011 at 10:19 pm

This wedding was SO gorgeous, I just LOVE it!

93. Kendra

October 12th, 2011 at 10:27 pm

LOVE these!! Mikaela is stunning!!!

94. Marivelle Baumgarten

October 12th, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Jasmine, you are such an inspiration. You capture the essence of your couples. Your work is truly radiant. Thank you for sharing your work with those of us who need beauty and hope in our lives.

95. Isabel

October 13th, 2011 at 12:13 am

I HEART! Like big, red, puffy heart HEART. Gorgeous wedding 🙂

96. Falcon

October 13th, 2011 at 12:15 am

I’ve been waiting for these photos ever since Mikaela announced her and Shane’s engagement on her blog, and I gotta tell you–you didn’t disappoint! These photos came out just as beautiful as I imagined they would. You can tell how precious their love is, I’m so happy for them!

97. Natalie Friesen

October 13th, 2011 at 1:31 am

I am mother of beautiful little girls. These pictures had me wistfully gazing upon gold lined moments that have yet to be…
    Thank-you. blessings on your precious union.

98. Karen

October 13th, 2011 at 1:35 am

I’m kind of in love with the bride’s dress! LOVE everything!

99. Corinna

October 13th, 2011 at 1:36 am

WOW, Jasmine- what awesome shots!! I’m so impressed with yours and JD’s work- it’s fabulous!
    I have been waiting patiently to see the pics of this wedding… I saw a few sneak peeks from guest on facebook, but the real deal from your perspective is wonderful!
    Good work again.
    ~Corinna

100. Denise Nicole

October 13th, 2011 at 1:38 am

Oh wow wow wow. You know I totally strained my eyes to see what Shane had to say on that sweet love note & cried halfway through it. What a romantic man he is. I just love love love everything about this wedding. #1 reason being that I had the honor of meeting Mikaela through your workshop and totally adore her beyond reason. You captured the day beautifully as always. Absolutely stunning bride!!!! Congrats you two!!!

101. Darcie Sutherland

October 13th, 2011 at 2:20 am

Hey Jasmine.. what a beautiful wedding! See Canada is nice eh! Lol.. hopefully one day we will meet. Let me know if u are ever in Toronto.. you can stay a mi casa amiga!

102. Nina Grace

October 13th, 2011 at 2:29 am

Mikaela has touched so many hearts with her inspiring, genuine and kind words. Jasmine, you touch so many hearts with your captivating eye and sincere narratives! What a gift you two women have. Thank you for always sharing with us 🙂

103. keri bryant

October 13th, 2011 at 3:19 am

Freakin unbelievalby stunning photos and if the bride is reading this? Completely gorg. And a HOT couple. So so romantic and breathtaking. all the best to you!

October 13th, 2011 at 5:03 am

Wow, I am blown away! The pictures of Mikaela & Shane, the colors, the details–everything is so beautiful! One of my all time favorites!

105. Whitney Schey

October 13th, 2011 at 5:16 am

this was SUCH a good one. the starbucks cafe idea was genius. and the ribbons hanging as she entered the ceremony… also genius. such a killer job, friend.

106. whitney schey

October 13th, 2011 at 5:16 am

107. Amy Rizzuto

October 13th, 2011 at 5:57 am

I was SO EXCITED when I saw Mikaela’s wedding was featured on the blog today. You did an amazing job capturing the authentic reactions between this sweet couple. I especially like the one of Mikaela and Shane leaning up against the mirrored door. BEAUTIFUL Jasmine!

108. mike larson

October 13th, 2011 at 7:18 am

awesome shots, I really love this wedding, esp the way you captured him. The shot through the bathroom while he is writing his vows. Nice.

109. Ciiku

October 13th, 2011 at 7:20 am

I would be lying if I said I did not squeal a couple of times while viewing this post. Love it!

110. Wedding Photography Melbourne

October 13th, 2011 at 7:33 am

Gorgeous details, lovely light. More please!

111. Jane

October 13th, 2011 at 7:53 am

Love Love Love this wedding, especially the Starbucks and all the personal details. Did you notice the typo in the 3rd sentence Jasmine?! But it is still an amazing post, congrats!

112. Andrey Perepelitsa

October 13th, 2011 at 7:58 am

really love your image with bride and groom, amazing!

113. Elizabeth

October 13th, 2011 at 9:59 am

Very nice Jasmine!!!! Loved all the pics.

114. Candy

October 13th, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Hi, I am a fan of your work.
    I just wanted to let you know I am crying my eyes out from your pictures this morning. ;)))
    In a good way. They are beautiful.

115. Lisa P.

October 13th, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Hi Jasmine. I think a lot of your followers fell in love with Mikaela and Shane and their story after being introduced to them via your blog. I, for one, could not wait to for them to get married so I could see the wedding photos. You did not disappoint, the photos are gorgeous. I thnk my favorite is the black and white close up where she is touching Shane’s face.

116. Mom

October 13th, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I cried when I read Shane’s letter. Jasmine, this was your father and I 38 years ago. Today we are celebrating our anniversary! God bless Shane and Mikaela’s journey together. Many blessings to this awesomely, beautiful couple. Love, Mom

117. Kelly Hill

October 13th, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I have been following this couples love story since you posted their engagement session! Such a sweet, creative couple!! Love all the little personal touches they included on their wedding day! Gorgeous pictures!!

118. Jaquielyn Tango

October 13th, 2011 at 3:09 pm

By far one of my favorite wedding posts… ever. Their love together is breathtaking and you capture it perfectly Jasmine! I feel like I’ve been waiting for these pictures ever since your congratulatory post on the day of their engagement. It has been so neat to follow their love story. Amazing work!!

119. Amy Arrington

October 13th, 2011 at 3:50 pm

LOVE. Amazing and inspiring.

120. kristin brown

October 13th, 2011 at 4:13 pm

jasmine, you always do a great job, but this wedding is captured BEAUTIFULLY. so so gorgeous. amazing job. and what a beautiful couple.

121. gladys jem

October 13th, 2011 at 4:48 pm

what a gorgeous wedding. mikaela and shane are beautiful together, and you did amazing capturing that about them + their day!! love it, jasmine!

122. Belinda

October 13th, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Gorgeous as always! You’re amazing. =)

123. Bimal nair

October 13th, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I dont have words to express how touchy the slideshow is. I was smiling all the way through, yet my eyes wet. You are such an amazing photographer Jasmine! you are one of the most wonderful storyteller i’ve ever followed. Thanks a ton for being kind in sharing all these, always. Respect!

124. vasia

October 13th, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Gorgeous! I love Hycroft manor. Hope you had a wonderful time in Vancouver!

125. Hannes Uys

October 13th, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Awesome presentation~!

126. Danielle DeRosa

October 13th, 2011 at 5:45 pm

AMAZING….as always!

127. Liz

October 13th, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Serioussssssssssssssly Jasmine?????? I’m in tears looking at these photos. They day came to life just looking through the images….moments, feelings, etc, you and JD captured it all! Ahhhhhmazing. Oh yeah, and how can it go unmentioned….Mikaela & Shane are absolutely, stunningly GORGEOUS…it makes me sick! Best wishes to the beautiful couple! Love ya Jasmine!

128. heather cherie photography

October 13th, 2011 at 6:43 pm

I have been waiting for this post! 🙂 It has been fun following their love story! and YOU did an OUTSTANDING job photographing this wedding. keep up the great work!

129. shannon

October 13th, 2011 at 6:44 pm

gorgeous pictures jasmine! love the colors they chose!

130. Ashley Lynn // Live. Laugh. PHOTOGRAPH.

October 14th, 2011 at 12:40 am

Thank you so much for being such a huge inspiration in my life. I have followed your every move for a year now (not in a weird stalker-ish kind of way) and I’m amazed out how you continue to out do yourself and set the bar higher and higher. Thanks for keepin’ it real J*!

131. Christina Carter

October 14th, 2011 at 1:48 am

This blog made me smile. I first started following your blog religiously after I saw the Mikaela and Shane post for their engagement shoot. Love seeing things come full circle. And what a beautiful couple they are! 🙂

132. Jessica Nip

October 14th, 2011 at 2:55 am

I love that she wore a pair of beautiful flats! GORGEOUS wedding.

Jessica

133. Candace

October 14th, 2011 at 3:27 am

Those invitations are beautiful!

134. Chris Chong

October 14th, 2011 at 7:11 am

Gorgeous! Have shot at the Hycroft many times, but always great to see it from a different eye! Beautiful work.

135. Leo Timoshuk

October 14th, 2011 at 8:56 am

Amazing set Jasmine! love it!

136. Emma Sharkey

October 14th, 2011 at 10:19 am

And THIS is why you guys are two of the hottest wedding photographers on this planet! Incredible images, sensational wedding. Thank you for sharing it with us!
    E
    XXX

137. Verity Edgecombe

October 14th, 2011 at 12:43 pm

something extra special about these photos and this wedding – I have looked through them three times!

138. Shanna

October 14th, 2011 at 3:31 pm

By far…..the most beautiful wedding dress ever…..makes me want to get married to my husband again so I could wear something just like it….love, love, love all the pics of this wedding—–Beautiful!!!!!

139. Marissa Nicole

October 14th, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Holy Moly, that’s a gorgeous couple. And loving the Starbucks theme.

140. Julie O'Dell

October 14th, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Beautiful! One of my favorite couples you’ve done. I loved their engagement photos and LOVE their wedding. FAB!

141. Jillian Tree

October 14th, 2011 at 5:41 pm

GORGEOUS, gorgeous! That favorite image of yours is my favorite too! Just stunning. <3

142. Hayley Rae

October 14th, 2011 at 6:10 pm

So beautiful and CLASSIC… Love it!

143. Sarah B

October 14th, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Simply Ahh-mazing!!!

144. Katie Beale

October 14th, 2011 at 8:02 pm

LOVE THIS WEDDING! Mine will look just like this one day… Starbucks and everything! love it! and, great song choice for the slideshow! just saw Ray live a few weeks ago… amazing.

145. Ashley Gain

October 14th, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I feel like they are going to have the most beautiful babies ever. And THAT’s my comment. 😉

146. LaVon

October 14th, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I have been WAITING for these two to get married. They come acorss as a laid back, so in love couple…Thanks for shooting + sharing Jasmine!

147. Andreas Will

October 14th, 2011 at 10:15 pm

wow, awesom pistures, thanks for sharing

148. Cathy L.

October 14th, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Absolutely.GORGEOUS.Wedding! You’ve captured the.in.between.moments of Mikaela and Shane BEAUTIFULLY ….lovelovelove!!

149. Tamea Burd Photography

October 14th, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Your work is so stunning, nobody else even comes close! Always inspiring to visit your blog!

150. sb photography

October 15th, 2011 at 1:51 am

lovely stuff!

151. Erica Velasco

October 15th, 2011 at 4:29 am

Ummm…yeah! Wow those details are amazing! And her bling! Wow..beautiful wedding!

152. Susie Solorio

October 17th, 2011 at 12:15 am

Amazing work once again! I love coming back and checking your latest work.

153. Essex Wedding Photography

October 18th, 2011 at 7:46 am

Beautiful photographs and some great detail shots. They seem like a really nice couple!

154. Esenam

October 19th, 2011 at 3:32 am

What a great wedding, I love everything about these images. Just as great as the engagement session!
    Thanks for sharing!

155. Mike Moore

October 19th, 2011 at 4:47 am

Beautiful, Jasmine! I am taking notes for my first wedding next week.
    Thanks for sharing.

156. Fotografos Murcia

October 19th, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Amazing work!!!

157. Tracy

October 20th, 2011 at 3:27 pm

I remember their engagement session. I don’t even know them but feel like these two are PERFECT for each other. You can just feel the love. Awesome! Congrats to them and hopefully you’ll get to shoot their baby so we can see the progression of this beautiful couple!

158. Jessica Williamsy

October 22nd, 2011 at 9:03 pm

My favorite is your favorite! Beautiful Jasmine

159. Jonni

October 25th, 2011 at 3:33 am

Wow Jasmine, amazing as usual. Love, love, love how beautifully you captured this wedding and they seem like an amazing couple. 🙂

160. Claire

October 26th, 2011 at 9:36 pm

*swoon* love…

especially the one of the guys watching her walk down the aisle…perfection. 🙂

161. cat

October 30th, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Congratulations Mikaela & Shane! Beautiful wedding. Full of great emotion. Gorgeous job as always Jasmine and JD.

162. Diego Molina

November 1st, 2011 at 3:33 am

What a beautiful bride. You really capture the best of an amazing wedding.

163. John Cruz

November 1st, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Absolutely beautiful work at a beautiful venue in the best city in the world (yes, I’m biased!).

164. FlutterFly

November 4th, 2011 at 12:12 am

Now that’s one good looking couple! And Starbucks at a wedding… Hot!

165. Andy

November 6th, 2011 at 3:44 am

Some awesome pics Jasmine! I think you really captured their love… All the details are perfect as well. Great work!

166. Brooke Summer Photography

November 7th, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Wow wow wow… what a gorgeous wedding. Jasmine your work is wonderful!

167. Ashley Wright

December 5th, 2011 at 3:15 am

Love this post. Your photographs are amazing. The details impeccable. And I love how Mikaela is a doing her photography thing now and I love her work! I hope my wedding is as lovely as this.

168. John Farrand

April 23rd, 2012 at 11:38 pm

I love seeing your friendship with Mikaela in your posts and pictures. These pictures are exceptionally fab! Amazing work… yet. again. 🙂