I Love My Brides

I Love My Brides

Personal

I really love my brides. All of them. I sound like a polygamist, don’t I?! 😉

I’m sure there’s a myriad of factors that come into play when a client books me, but for some reason (okay, a lot of reasons) I am blessed to work with some of the most fabulous—and dare I say fierce—girls ever. And I LOVE it! Beyond all else, they are the types of girls I can have a long dinner with, order a completely unnecessary dessert with, then go shopping…only to splurge on a pair of shoes with. These are my kinds of brides and I’m so incredibly stoked to be documenting the most important day of their lives!

Just today I received an email from a bride who found a pair of Jimmy Choo heels for her wedding…she wrote that the shoe gods have smiled on us. Us?! Yes, US! She inherently knew I’d be just as happy taking a picture of the shoes as she would be wearing the shoes. We’re a great pair! ← That pun was TOTALLY intended! 😉

Another bride emailed me and suggested a skin-repairing medication for JD’s burned hand. She researched on found that I could buy it from a online Canadian pharmacy. I was SO touched by her thoughtfulness and generosity.

A large part of why I think I’m so connected with my brides is because of my blog. I post slideshows, ramble about tomato sauce, and write about the banalities of my life…and somewhere in the mix, I post pictures too! For some reason, they keep on coming back to read about my life and I’m honored.

My brides care about what I do and how I spend my time, so I thought it’d be nice to post a slideshow from my time volunteering in Colorado. Jenna Walker, Crystal Goss, Shyla Darlirifar, Liana Lehman, Sarah Barlow, and Amy Nave and myself all worked together to put these images for Volunteers of America to use as a promotional campaign. I am so blessed to see our work come together for the good of such a great charitable organization!

So, I just want to thank my faithful blog readers and my brides for caring about me…I feel loved and like a little girl in black patent leather Easter shoes! 😉

Happy Wednesday!

comments

1. mark brooke -

I started to tear up during this video because just last night me and my best friend Brittany were talking. we were asking the question: what will God say to us when we get to heaven. People think going to church every sunday will do the trick…but God makes it clear that he will ask: how many of my children did you feed when they were hungry? how many of my children did you keep worm when it was cold? how many of my children did you comfort when they were sick? Jasmine thank you for posting this video. Brittany and I are in the works of having a sight specifically for videos like this.

2.27.08 - 10:23 pm

2. mark brooke -

p.s. that last comment was written my ME, CANDICE, MARKS WIFE. sorry i forgot to put my name.

2.27.08 - 10:24 pm

3. gabriel ryan -

and don’t forget about your grooms… that sounds a little weird. although, i don’t think jd would be jealous. he knows he scored! anyways, this groom was stoked, especially when he found 6 pair of matching vans for his groomsmen, knowing that j* would get some rockin-cool shots of him and his boys in their new kicks. rock on.

2.27.08 - 10:26 pm

4. Linda G-H -

What a compelling piece this is for giving. Every persons face seemed familiar and generous. Thank you for sharing the experience and message with us!

2.27.08 - 10:53 pm

5. samm blake -

Beautiful photographs!! They are so powerful.. makes me remember why I became a photographer =)

2.27.08 - 11:00 pm

6. jackie l -

that slide show brought me to tears especially watching the end of it. i was a photojournalism student and did a homeless story and know some devastating stories. it touched me to see that the stories are being shared and shown. great job.

2.27.08 - 11:06 pm

7. brianna -

that was beautiful jazzy. my favorite was the "I am a katrina SURVIVOR".

2.27.08 - 11:22 pm

8. Luanne Tan -

thank you for putting that song !!! i’ve played it on piano but have never heard of it before. thanks, yes, we’re all reminded we are called to be light of the world !!! God Bless.

2.27.08 - 11:34 pm

9. jen harris -

Very moving! God bless you guys for showing love to less fortunate.

2.27.08 - 11:39 pm

10. Chris Rice -

First of all, great pics.

However, I’m curious about your stance on using copyrighted music in your slideshows. DJ has stated in OSP that he doesn’t have a problem with it. Personally, I think its wrong and bit hypocritical to do when displaying a slideshow about your volunteer work.

What do you think?

2.27.08 - 11:43 pm

11. angel swanson -

beautiful slideshow, jasmine! i feel the same way about my clients.. just so blessed!

2.27.08 - 11:55 pm

12. nancyelizabeth -

Beautiful. Moving. Inspiring. These images stay with you and the music is wonderfully touching. Thank you, again.
    Be Blesssed.

2.28.08 - 12:14 am

13. Jasmine* -

@ChrisRice: Although you didn’t leave an email address (I usually will automatically delete sour comments without having the face to leave your contact info), I want to make it clear that we contacted Chris Rice’s manager, who gave us clearance to use the music. So, no, I don’t think it’s hypocritical…in fact, I think it’s artists helping artists.

2.28.08 - 12:16 am

14. Katherine Bowman -

Jasmine, this is great! Thanks so much for posting it! It really makes one think about what is truly important in life!

2.28.08 - 12:48 am

15. Amanda Donaho -

Jasmine – That was just beautiful… really, it totally brought me to tears. Thank you for sharing that.

2.28.08 - 12:48 am

16. Tawsha -

This is beautiful!

2.28.08 - 1:14 am

17. Christy Skeens -

WOW! That was beautiful. What a wonderful project to be a pat of. I was very moved. I love that song

2.28.08 - 1:30 am

18. Chris Rice -

In that case, I commend you for getting permission. Bravo to you.

2.28.08 - 1:32 am

19. Jenn -

Amazing pics, amazing song to go with it! Very touching.. GREAT work!

2.28.08 - 2:13 am

20. erin. -

Loved this slideshow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It was my favorite one yet. I loved all the signs – each person had their own story to tell & it was just so inspiring!!!

2.28.08 - 2:29 am

21. leah g -

What an incredibly moving show. The words and pictures touched my heart, especially the "I am" statements. I can tell this was an incredible experience. Thank you for sharing and for inspiring us each to do out part.

2.28.08 - 2:32 am

22. Lyndee -

Beautiful slide show and I love your blog!

2.28.08 - 3:07 am

23. Tanya Jose -

beautiful..

2.28.08 - 3:09 am

24. Heather -

It’s funny, you have that gift of connection even if people AREN’T your brides. I stalk you blog often and love the photos. I always think "Gosh, what if.." when I see a new wedding you shot. I’d hire you in a heartbeat if we had the money, but I just have to dream and blogstalk.

2.28.08 - 3:16 am

25. ryan -

thats so awesome all the things you do. i have three words for everyone….. PAY IT FORWARD!!!!!…… if you do not know about it, watch the movie. this simple philosophy can change the WORLD!!

2.28.08 - 3:17 am

26. Amy -

So awesome Jasmine!

2.28.08 - 4:32 am

27. Kat Willcox -

I heard a comment that I wanted to pass on. Beth Moore said in a video presentation that the people that God trusts the least, he keeps inside church walls and the ones he trusts the most he sends out to go love on people. 🙂 I am stoked that he is trusting you the way that He is. You Rock and you have a spirit about you that is infectious. Keep on Keeping on! I hope His presence is a constant presence in your life 🙂

2.28.08 - 5:52 am

28. Amanda Auer -

I feel 100% the same- I always tell people, my brides have been hand-picked for me. It’s no coincidence!

2.28.08 - 5:53 am

29. Simply Modern Weddings -

I am so glad to see the slideshow that you all put together. Very touching! You are blessed with caring people, because you are a caring person yourself!

2.28.08 - 5:53 am

30. kymberli q. -

LOVE this. And love your HEART.

KUDOS to all of you ladies for helping out. Your heart’s are a.w.e.s.o.me.!

The following is just one of my experiences. If you get a chance, feel free to check it out. http://kymberliq.blogspot.com/2007/11/thankful.html

2.28.08 - 6:41 am

31. Amelie -

Wow, what a beautiful slideshow! You totally inspired me to do my part too (in your previous posts about your contribution there) and now I am part of an organization in my country. I loved all the "I AM …" pictures, they are so powerful ! Thank you 🙂

2.28.08 - 8:52 am

32. Zekeshem -

Wow, Jasmine…that gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. Well done…and thank you for giving of your time and being such an inspiring example to the rest of us!

2.28.08 - 11:58 am

33. Daniel J Pesta -

This was the best post of the day. The music, the love of God towards His children, and the care of professionals putting such a work of art to put together a story to help make us see. God bless you,

Daniel

2.28.08 - 12:12 pm

34. Lindsay -

This slideshow was so beautiful! I love the true charater and beauty all of you captured in each and every person. Thank you for sharing it with all of us!

2.28.08 - 2:39 pm

35. Laurie Peacock -

Wow! What a wonderful slide show.

2.28.08 - 2:52 pm

36. Mary Jane -

O.K., I just cried. So beautiful! Love you girls!

2.28.08 - 3:40 pm

37. Shawn Kloster -

I missed this yesterday because I was at the Master Your Craft seminar… I’m glad I came back to see this. That was one of the most inspiring slide shows I’ve seen. I think you may have just lit a fire under me. THANKS!

2.28.08 - 4:07 pm

38. jen -

I am one of those people who reads your blog EVERY DAY. I don’t even know you, although I would love to someday meet you, and I find you inspirational and sweet and very real. I was moved to tears by your slideshow – it’s really incredible how talented all you ladies are and what emotion is conveyed with that talent. You are truly blessed and I thank you for sharing that slideshow with me today!

2.28.08 - 4:21 pm

39. Nataly -

What a wonderful slideshow! So many emotions captured! I am a big cry baby so it definitely brought tears to my eyes. You ladies did an awesome job!

2.28.08 - 4:46 pm

40. Jeanette -

So precious!!! Thanks for sharing that slideshow…it helps to bring a beautiful perspective to a new day!

2.28.08 - 4:48 pm

41. Bobbie -

I am not one of your brides (I wish I was!!) but I feel like I know you just from reading your blog. So, I too, like your brides, care about what you do. I love to read all the misc. things big and small you post about. Of course its your pictures I especially love and let me just say, this is a wonderful slide show. Thanks for doing what you do and sharing it with us all. Bravo Jasmine*! We love you!

2.28.08 - 4:51 pm

42. MelissaB -

J* – yes, my goals 4 the year just changed. SERVE…because I can. Thank you for your constant inspiration.

2.28.08 - 5:01 pm

43. Rachel Brooke -

so moving…thank you for sharing and promoting awareness. their joy has ministered to me today.

2.28.08 - 6:02 pm

44. Joanne F -

Awesome promotional video. The images were so touching. You all did a fab job!

2.28.08 - 6:41 pm

45. kacia -

i haven’t been one of your brides… YET. i’m certainly looking forward to the day when i can call and book you for a date. your love and passion for life, your husband and everyone around is so encouraging. i just cried a few tears as i watched this slide show – chris rice’s song definitely brought the beauty and rawness out of the already stunning photos: thank you for being real, Jasmine.

2.28.08 - 6:59 pm

46. carrie@urbanbaby -

…and they love you. i loved the signs that each person was holding…that little piece of information they divulged made me instantly feel close to them. made me want to hold their hand, give them a hug, and cry for them. that was really touching…thank you. -c

2.28.08 - 7:08 pm

47. kyles -

an amazing gift of your talent, to bring awareness to those of us who are unaware, of the lives of awesome people, hidden/stuck/left in place they did not choose to be in. thanks j*

2.28.08 - 8:22 pm

48. j'marie -

ok, wow. that video was amazing. I didn’t start crying until I saw the katrina (victim) survivor. All of the pictures were so powerful.

2.28.08 - 8:33 pm

49. Tina Jean Wagner -

Beautiful work! Brought tears to my eyes. And the slideshow was also remarkable, great edit. The images are amazing! I love the people holding the signs, all different backgrounds, and different people, but a simple thread that connects us all "I am…" and how do you put who you are in just one or two words. And in doing so you learn so much about each other. So Jasmine how would you finish that sentence, I would love to see the same photo of you.

2.28.08 - 8:46 pm

50. Tiffany -

Okay so I’m still drying my eyes! You all did an amazing job put that together…so creative! The photographs made me smile and I loved the "I am __" signs. I also loved the katrina survivor sign. Sidenote…so happy to be one of your brides!

2.29.08 - 12:36 am

51. Sara France -

I am crying. That was so so so beautiful. It shows your hearts so much! I am blessed to call you friends! Love you girls for who you are! You inspire me!

2.29.08 - 1:44 am

52. Alicia -

Just when I thought you couldn’t get any more giving, you give some more by sharing your volunteer experience. Seriously, this was so moving all I can say is thanks for sharing!

2.29.08 - 1:50 am

53. Alicia -

P.S. I’m sure your brides love you too! I can’t wait to be one of them. It’s going to be veeeeery soon!

2.29.08 - 1:51 am

54. Meg -

So great to meet you last night, Jasmine! Sorry if I sounded like an idiot, "I read your blog…" .. but I thought to myself, "I’d like to know if someone read MY blog!" … So thanks for the advice and hopefully our paths will cross again!!!

2.29.08 - 2:05 am

55. cassandra m -

oh WOW!!! Tears in the eyes…SPEECHLESS

2.29.08 - 5:18 pm

56. Ohana Photography ~ david -

okay, if you were trying to make a guy cry YOU SUCCEEDED!! what beautiful and inspiring work all you girls are doing. May God Bless and keep you all!!

2.29.08 - 6:18 pm

57. Christiana Childers -

Powerful!

3.1.08 - 4:12 pm

58. Cynthia Q. -

Very well done promo! It tugs at heartstrings. Perhaps it can also be posted on utube and Godtube?

3.2.08 - 4:44 pm

59. Gena McMillan -

Jasmine and friends, that was so heart warming and inspiring. Thank you for coming to Colorado and sharing your talents with everyone.

3.4.08 - 7:19 pm

60. Rachael Wight -

I love reading your blog. You are inspiring and kind. Great slide show.

3.5.08 - 12:39 pm

61. j. shipley -

wow, jasmine. these images are simply beautiful and reminded me of how we are called to give voice to the voiceless and make the invisible visible. you inspire me and encourage my faith.

3.6.08 - 6:49 am

62. kay english -

I love my brides too! yay! And I hope JD’s hand is better!

7.31.09 - 3:57 pm