Interviewed by Crash Taylor

Interviewed by Crash Taylor

Photography

Recently, I was contacted by one of England’s coolest photographers, Crash Taylor. Beyond his talent for photography, he’s known for interviewing photographers and posting them to his site, Interviews by Crash Taylor. I’ve been following his blog for a while, so you could just imagine my delight when he asked if I’d be interested in being the week’s featured photographer. Hollllla! Crash asked a ton of questions–both personal and professional–so if you’d like to get to know me a little better, CLICK HERE to check it out!

Happy Wednesday!

comments

1. Christine (Artemis Clover Photo) -

i love interviews! will def check this out.

6.24.09 - 4:44 pm

2. Jo LeFlufy -

Looooooovve Jose Villa! Good call.

6.24.09 - 4:53 pm

3. Jalys Mabry -

Such an amazing interview! You just seem so down to earth and sweet! You are a true inspiration to not only photographers but to every day people with you superb attitude! Congrats on the interview!

6.24.09 - 4:54 pm

4. Rob Kemp -

LOVE the new photo Jas… You are so beautiful both inside and out..

6.24.09 - 5:00 pm

5. Molly W. -

Ah, so cool!! And…you do rock by the way.

6.24.09 - 5:07 pm

6. Stephanie Stewart -

You go, girl!! Congratulations! Will definitely check out the interview! Have a wonderful day!

6.24.09 - 5:19 pm

7. Diana Rush -

I don’t know what it is about you… but your writing & now your interview always brings out my emotions…. I’m sitting here at the law firm I work at (day job), and I’m totally having to hold back the tears… I don’t know why I’m swelling up (it’s age, I believe that almost being 29 is turning me into a softy), but I am! Thank you for sharing about yourself & always being so honest with us, your readers!

6.24.09 - 5:22 pm

8. Katherine Bowman -

How cool! Congratulations!

6.24.09 - 5:23 pm

9. Chris c. -

How cool!

6.24.09 - 5:34 pm

10. Stephanie Stewart -

Awesome interview, thanks so much for sharing, yet again! Have a fabulous day! You deserve it!

6.24.09 - 5:37 pm

11. Gustavo Ortega -

Love this pic!!!!!!!! Have a blessed week!

6.24.09 - 5:40 pm

12. Bobbie Brown -

Yay! going over to check it out… LOVE that picture of you by the way! Oh, by the way, were your ears burning last night? A group of local photogs got together and your name came up… we talked about how we LOVED your images and how humble and amazing you are!

6.24.09 - 5:40 pm

13. Jenny Bishop -

Love the interview Jasmine! I’m actually vacationing right now in Laguna Beach at a friend’s house on the beach and was reading the interview as the waves crashed in front of me! Definitely a fabulous dream to live in Laguna! πŸ™‚

6.24.09 - 5:41 pm

14. Katherine Bowman -

Just got done reading it and it was wonderful! You really inspire me to be the best photographer that I can be and not to stress out too much as the business is unfolding! And I’ll remember to be sure to pack another pair of pants! πŸ˜‰

6.24.09 - 5:46 pm

15. Chris c. -

Your ‘BOOK’ will the a best seller!

6.24.09 - 5:51 pm

16. Becky Butterworth -

BRILLIANT!! My favourite of Crash’s interviews so far and they’re all amazing. Thanks for sharing Jasmine, be great to see you in the UK (a workshop would be totally fab!!!).

6.24.09 - 5:51 pm

17. ajira -

Great interview. I love how authentically you come across.

6.24.09 - 6:00 pm

18. Lauren @ That Girl -

Congrats Jasmine! Couldn’t happen to a more talented person. Grace and peace to you.

Lauren

6.24.09 - 6:20 pm

19. amy s -

I love that you don’t crop! It inspires me to not shoot and think about what I want to make it into, but shoot what I want it to already be.

6.24.09 - 6:21 pm

20. cassandra m -

AWESOME…You "genuineness" continues to inspire me. Also, love Crash’s Blog.

6.24.09 - 6:22 pm

21. Brad Peters -

thanks for posting the interview. As always, your insights are so helpful … what you’ve accomplished in three years is amazing.

6.24.09 - 6:29 pm

22. Ash McSorley -

Great read! I knew you havn’t been doing this long and you were planing to do the lawyer thing once upon a time, but only 3 years under your belt! I hope to pick it up as quick as you and put my own twist on it! Thanks for all the "Gas" you give me πŸ˜€

Ash

6.24.09 - 6:36 pm

23. Crash Taylor -

Jasmine is going to break a record for the most comments on the interview blog. Rock on J*.

6.24.09 - 6:37 pm

24. Melissa -

Fabulous interview, girl! Congrats!

6.24.09 - 6:38 pm

25. Ash McSorley -

Ash

6.24.09 - 6:38 pm

26. Ash McSorley -

Ash

6.24.09 - 6:39 pm

27. Sarah Austin -

Great interview! I love reading his interviews. You should be a writer! I love reading your posts as much as looking at your photos. Your so fun!

6.24.09 - 7:04 pm

28. Mo -

Fantastic interview Jasmine!

6.24.09 - 7:04 pm

29. Nicole Glenn -

That was awesome! I love that you are always so candid. And that picture of Polo with the celebratory head gear is TOO much. I mean seriously, could he be any cuter?

6.24.09 - 7:42 pm

30. Nicole Glenn -

That was great! I love that you are always so candid. And that picture of Polo with the celebratory head gear is TOO much. I mean seriously, could he get any cuter?!

6.24.09 - 7:44 pm

31. marissa moss -

i love photographer interviews! i really enjoyed reading yours and can’t wait to delve into all the others!! : )

6.24.09 - 8:18 pm

32. Delwyn Rutley -

JASMINE!!!! you want to shoot a wedding in NEW ZEALAND, well i’ve got news for you, i live in new zealand and i plan on getting married….well just waiting for the lad to pop the question so maybe in a year or so ill make this dream come true πŸ˜€

6.24.09 - 8:31 pm

33. Amanda -

Great, inspiring interview, Jasmine!

6.24.09 - 8:32 pm

34. Krista Anderson -

Such a great interview Jasmine!!! Sooooooo amazingly talented, hilarious and such a great example of a woman!! Bravo!!

6.24.09 - 8:43 pm

35. Liz Kausteklis -

I just read your interview and thank you for being you! You are so talented and so giving, and encouraging!! You make it all sound so easy πŸ™‚ I like how you quote Mike Colon "Jump and the net will appear". That basically sums it all up, huh! I’m going to remember those words…You ROCK!

6.24.09 - 8:54 pm

36. Liz Kausteklis -

6.24.09 - 8:56 pm

37. Phil Wong -

Great reat Interview. Work is truly AMAZING!!

6.24.09 - 9:41 pm

38. Trude -

Just awesome! Thanks again for sharing! πŸ™‚ And I especially love the idea of being a "natural light photographer". It really jives with my love of capturing the moments. So thanks for that too.

6.24.09 - 9:53 pm

39. Emily Faulknor -

Jasmine, I am sure you hear this all the time, but you are such an inspiration and encouragement to me in my business. Apart from you being an amazing photographer, I think the best thing about you is your honesty. You are you and God has favor upon you for being who He created you to be. This was a great interview and it was so encouraging to read. Thank you for being obedient and living the live you were called to live and sharing that with all of us!

6.24.09 - 10:25 pm

40. Neil Redfern -

Really enjoyed reading your interview Jasmine. Your work is amazing and so inspirational – will definitely keep a closer eye on your blog from now on!

6.24.09 - 10:56 pm

41. Jeanette Sanchez -

I really liked how you shared your favorite images and explained what you liked most about them.
    One of the best interviews I have read of you to date, Jasmine. Thanks for being YOU!

6.24.09 - 11:03 pm

42. Trey Bohon -

Jasmine, you truly inspire a LARGE amount of people; from amateurs to pros. Your one of a kind and we are all so lucky to share such a profession with you…

6.25.09 - 2:16 am

43. Stephanie Trachy -

Wow…amazing! You are such an inspiration…thank you!

6.25.09 - 2:59 am

44. Dee -

I love this quote: ‘Don’t ever aspire to be someone you’re not. You’re entirely and uniquely amazing, so always aim to be the best version of yourself at all times.’ I just might have to tweet or tumblr it. πŸ˜‰

6.25.09 - 3:22 am

45. Becka @Studio222 Photography -

Loved it. I also read through all the other interviews. Because I’m a dork. And apparently have too much time on my hands πŸ˜‰

6.25.09 - 4:32 am

46. Maalaea -

Great interview! Thank you for sharing!

6.25.09 - 5:25 am

47. Amanda -

i just have to say…you are so inspiring to me and i can’t get enough of your work!!!

6.25.09 - 6:02 am

48. Mindy -

I love, love, love your honesty and willingness to share about yourself and your career!!! It gives us amateurs hope…:)

6.25.09 - 7:07 am

49. fiona andersen -

So so so cool.. and could that shot of you be any more gorgeous!!! WOWWW

6.25.09 - 7:18 am

50. yan palmer -

dude. i ate this interview UP!!!! thanks for sharing! sometimes i’m so relieved i’m not crazy because you are so stalk worthy! oh shoot, that came out sooo much creepier than i intended.

6.25.09 - 7:48 am

51. Ashley -

Wow! You ROCKED that interview. Thanks for inspiring me to have some BALLZ..holla!.lol

6.25.09 - 9:12 am

52. Christine -

Great Interview J*, keep up your great work!

6.25.09 - 11:13 am

53. Claudia -

It was a really nice interview!! You’re rocking fabulous. πŸ˜‰

6.25.09 - 2:14 pm

54. Gail -

Okay, so yeah..it’s nice to know I’m not the only photographer who’s SPLIT THEIR PANTS!

Hahah – great interview Jasmine!

6.25.09 - 2:15 pm

55. Karin -

I can’t believe he didn’t interview you sooner! I was so excited to get the email that the latest interview was with you! Even though I stalk your blog enough to feel like I knew the answers – it was such a fun interview! You rock as always!

6.25.09 - 2:49 pm

56. imthiaz houseman -

what a great interview! now my biggest fear with be splitting my pants!

6.25.09 - 3:19 pm

57. ohana photographers -

awesome interview jas!!

6.25.09 - 4:22 pm

58. Julie Lim -

You rock! Thank you so much for this selfless advice πŸ˜€ I’m at that stage where people view me as ‘that nice girl with nice camera’ I must do something about that!

6.25.09 - 5:19 pm

59. Denise -

Fabulous Interview! I actually was a Business major but this was not my thing really. I’m in the process to start my wedding planning and gosh i also fell in love with photography and I know for sure thats what i want to do!

6.25.09 - 8:04 pm

60. Bobby Earle -

That’s SUCH a good picture of you!

6.25.09 - 11:11 pm

61. Ivona -

Jasmine, you should definitely go after writing a best-seller! I had a photographers meet-and-greet last Monday. Your name came up and besides everyone commenting on your beautiful work and fun personality, everyone agreed that you are an amaaazing writer. =) You would so totally make it to Oprah’s couch. I’m sure of it!

6.25.09 - 11:28 pm

62. alex.kruk photography -

Great picture of you ! I love the interview and Can’t wait for the book :). Do you have any ideas what you would like to write about??

6.26.09 - 6:48 am

63. Arielle joy -

Beautiful photo Jasmine! Love the pearls! heh

6.26.09 - 6:55 am

64. Iain King -

Jasmine, fantastic interview! Love how open you are about yourself. I think this is what makes you such a good photographer. Keep up the fantastic blog – it’s one of my main sources of inspiration.

6.26.09 - 8:03 am

65. wedding photographer -

What i have read on your blog so for – i have to agree with the great interview. Not only a great photographer – also a beautiful women with a (it seems) cool personality. Great.

6.26.09 - 3:37 pm

66. Lydia -

The next best seller is yours! All you have to do is write it, and people will read it!

6.26.09 - 5:37 pm

67. Cynthia Q. -

I love your FAQ’s and interviews! Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

6.30.09 - 4:33 am

68. Mark Swanson -

Icame across you on the Web purely by chance and that makes this my lucky day. All I can say is WOW! Love the blog, love your work. If you dont mind I am going to add you to my bucket list of the top 50 people in the world I would like to meet.
    Regards
    Mark

6.30.09 - 3:30 pm

69. Bong -

Jasmine – Congratulations and great interview! Your great positive attitude is a model for all of us to follow! Thanks for inspiring us!

6.30.09 - 5:37 pm