Interviewed by Crash Taylor

Photography

Recently, I was contacted by one of England’s coolest photographers, Crash Taylor. Beyond his talent for photography, he’s known for interviewing photographers and posting them to his site, Interviews by Crash Taylor. I’ve been following his blog for a while, so you could just imagine my delight when he asked if I’d be interested in being the week’s featured photographer. Hollllla! Crash asked a ton of questions–both personal and professional–so if you’d like to get to know me a little better, CLICK HERE to check it out!

Happy Wednesday!

comments

1. Christine (Artemis Clover Photo)

June 24th, 2009 at 4:44 pm

i love interviews! will def check this out.

2. Jo LeFlufy

June 24th, 2009 at 4:53 pm

Looooooovve Jose Villa! Good call.

3. Jalys Mabry

June 24th, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Such an amazing interview! You just seem so down to earth and sweet! You are a true inspiration to not only photographers but to every day people with you superb attitude! Congrats on the interview!

4. Rob Kemp

June 24th, 2009 at 5:00 pm

LOVE the new photo Jas… You are so beautiful both inside and out..

5. Molly W.

June 24th, 2009 at 5:07 pm

Ah, so cool!! And…you do rock by the way.

6. Stephanie Stewart

June 24th, 2009 at 5:19 pm

You go, girl!! Congratulations! Will definitely check out the interview! Have a wonderful day!

7. Diana Rush

June 24th, 2009 at 5:22 pm

I don’t know what it is about you… but your writing & now your interview always brings out my emotions…. I’m sitting here at the law firm I work at (day job), and I’m totally having to hold back the tears… I don’t know why I’m swelling up (it’s age, I believe that almost being 29 is turning me into a softy), but I am! Thank you for sharing about yourself & always being so honest with us, your readers!

8. Katherine Bowman

June 24th, 2009 at 5:23 pm

How cool! Congratulations!

9. Chris c.

June 24th, 2009 at 5:34 pm

How cool!

10. Stephanie Stewart

June 24th, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Awesome interview, thanks so much for sharing, yet again! Have a fabulous day! You deserve it!

11. Gustavo Ortega

June 24th, 2009 at 5:40 pm

Love this pic!!!!!!!! Have a blessed week!

12. Bobbie Brown

June 24th, 2009 at 5:40 pm

Yay! going over to check it out… LOVE that picture of you by the way! Oh, by the way, were your ears burning last night? A group of local photogs got together and your name came up… we talked about how we LOVED your images and how humble and amazing you are!

13. Jenny Bishop

June 24th, 2009 at 5:41 pm

Love the interview Jasmine! I’m actually vacationing right now in Laguna Beach at a friend’s house on the beach and was reading the interview as the waves crashed in front of me! Definitely a fabulous dream to live in Laguna! πŸ™‚

14. Katherine Bowman

June 24th, 2009 at 5:46 pm

Just got done reading it and it was wonderful! You really inspire me to be the best photographer that I can be and not to stress out too much as the business is unfolding! And I’ll remember to be sure to pack another pair of pants! πŸ˜‰

15. Chris c.

June 24th, 2009 at 5:51 pm

Your ‘BOOK’ will the a best seller!

16. Becky Butterworth

June 24th, 2009 at 5:51 pm

BRILLIANT!! My favourite of Crash’s interviews so far and they’re all amazing. Thanks for sharing Jasmine, be great to see you in the UK (a workshop would be totally fab!!!).

17. ajira

June 24th, 2009 at 6:00 pm

Great interview. I love how authentically you come across.

18. Lauren @ That Girl

June 24th, 2009 at 6:20 pm

Congrats Jasmine! Couldn’t happen to a more talented person. Grace and peace to you.

Lauren

19. amy s

June 24th, 2009 at 6:21 pm

I love that you don’t crop! It inspires me to not shoot and think about what I want to make it into, but shoot what I want it to already be.

20. cassandra m

June 24th, 2009 at 6:22 pm

AWESOME…You "genuineness" continues to inspire me. Also, love Crash’s Blog.

21. Brad Peters

June 24th, 2009 at 6:29 pm

thanks for posting the interview. As always, your insights are so helpful … what you’ve accomplished in three years is amazing.

22. Ash McSorley

June 24th, 2009 at 6:36 pm

Great read! I knew you havn’t been doing this long and you were planing to do the lawyer thing once upon a time, but only 3 years under your belt! I hope to pick it up as quick as you and put my own twist on it! Thanks for all the "Gas" you give me πŸ˜€

Ash

23. Crash Taylor

June 24th, 2009 at 6:37 pm

Jasmine is going to break a record for the most comments on the interview blog. Rock on J*.

24. Melissa

June 24th, 2009 at 6:38 pm

Fabulous interview, girl! Congrats!

25. Ash McSorley

June 24th, 2009 at 6:38 pm

Ash

26. Ash McSorley

June 24th, 2009 at 6:39 pm

Ash

27. Sarah Austin

June 24th, 2009 at 7:04 pm

Great interview! I love reading his interviews. You should be a writer! I love reading your posts as much as looking at your photos. Your so fun!

28. Mo

June 24th, 2009 at 7:04 pm

Fantastic interview Jasmine!

29. Nicole Glenn

June 24th, 2009 at 7:42 pm

That was awesome! I love that you are always so candid. And that picture of Polo with the celebratory head gear is TOO much. I mean seriously, could he be any cuter?

30. Nicole Glenn

June 24th, 2009 at 7:44 pm

That was great! I love that you are always so candid. And that picture of Polo with the celebratory head gear is TOO much. I mean seriously, could he get any cuter?!

31. marissa moss

June 24th, 2009 at 8:18 pm

i love photographer interviews! i really enjoyed reading yours and can’t wait to delve into all the others!! : )

32. Delwyn Rutley

June 24th, 2009 at 8:31 pm

JASMINE!!!! you want to shoot a wedding in NEW ZEALAND, well i’ve got news for you, i live in new zealand and i plan on getting married….well just waiting for the lad to pop the question so maybe in a year or so ill make this dream come true πŸ˜€

33. Amanda

June 24th, 2009 at 8:32 pm

Great, inspiring interview, Jasmine!

34. Krista Anderson

June 24th, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Such a great interview Jasmine!!! Sooooooo amazingly talented, hilarious and such a great example of a woman!! Bravo!!

35. Liz Kausteklis

June 24th, 2009 at 8:54 pm

I just read your interview and thank you for being you! You are so talented and so giving, and encouraging!! You make it all sound so easy πŸ™‚ I like how you quote Mike Colon "Jump and the net will appear". That basically sums it all up, huh! I’m going to remember those words…You ROCK!

36. Liz Kausteklis

June 24th, 2009 at 8:56 pm

37. Phil Wong

June 24th, 2009 at 9:41 pm

Great reat Interview. Work is truly AMAZING!!

38. Trude

June 24th, 2009 at 9:53 pm

Just awesome! Thanks again for sharing! πŸ™‚ And I especially love the idea of being a "natural light photographer". It really jives with my love of capturing the moments. So thanks for that too.

39. Emily Faulknor

June 24th, 2009 at 10:25 pm

Jasmine, I am sure you hear this all the time, but you are such an inspiration and encouragement to me in my business. Apart from you being an amazing photographer, I think the best thing about you is your honesty. You are you and God has favor upon you for being who He created you to be. This was a great interview and it was so encouraging to read. Thank you for being obedient and living the live you were called to live and sharing that with all of us!

40. Neil Redfern

June 24th, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Really enjoyed reading your interview Jasmine. Your work is amazing and so inspirational – will definitely keep a closer eye on your blog from now on!

41. Jeanette Sanchez

June 24th, 2009 at 11:03 pm

I really liked how you shared your favorite images and explained what you liked most about them.
    One of the best interviews I have read of you to date, Jasmine. Thanks for being YOU!

42. Trey Bohon

June 25th, 2009 at 2:16 am

Jasmine, you truly inspire a LARGE amount of people; from amateurs to pros. Your one of a kind and we are all so lucky to share such a profession with you…

43. Stephanie Trachy

June 25th, 2009 at 2:59 am

Wow…amazing! You are such an inspiration…thank you!

44. Dee

June 25th, 2009 at 3:22 am

I love this quote: ‘Don’t ever aspire to be someone you’re not. You’re entirely and uniquely amazing, so always aim to be the best version of yourself at all times.’ I just might have to tweet or tumblr it. πŸ˜‰

45. Becka @Studio222 Photography

June 25th, 2009 at 4:32 am

Loved it. I also read through all the other interviews. Because I’m a dork. And apparently have too much time on my hands πŸ˜‰

46. Maalaea

June 25th, 2009 at 5:25 am

Great interview! Thank you for sharing!

47. Amanda

June 25th, 2009 at 6:02 am

i just have to say…you are so inspiring to me and i can’t get enough of your work!!!

48. Mindy

June 25th, 2009 at 7:07 am

I love, love, love your honesty and willingness to share about yourself and your career!!! It gives us amateurs hope…:)

49. fiona andersen

June 25th, 2009 at 7:18 am

So so so cool.. and could that shot of you be any more gorgeous!!! WOWWW

50. yan palmer

June 25th, 2009 at 7:48 am

dude. i ate this interview UP!!!! thanks for sharing! sometimes i’m so relieved i’m not crazy because you are so stalk worthy! oh shoot, that came out sooo much creepier than i intended.

51. Ashley

June 25th, 2009 at 9:12 am

Wow! You ROCKED that interview. Thanks for inspiring me to have some BALLZ..holla!.lol

52. Christine

June 25th, 2009 at 11:13 am

Great Interview J*, keep up your great work!

53. Claudia

June 25th, 2009 at 2:14 pm

It was a really nice interview!! You’re rocking fabulous. πŸ˜‰

54. Gail

June 25th, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Okay, so yeah..it’s nice to know I’m not the only photographer who’s SPLIT THEIR PANTS!

Hahah – great interview Jasmine!

55. Karin

June 25th, 2009 at 2:49 pm

I can’t believe he didn’t interview you sooner! I was so excited to get the email that the latest interview was with you! Even though I stalk your blog enough to feel like I knew the answers – it was such a fun interview! You rock as always!

56. imthiaz houseman

June 25th, 2009 at 3:19 pm

what a great interview! now my biggest fear with be splitting my pants!

57. ohana photographers

June 25th, 2009 at 4:22 pm

awesome interview jas!!

58. Julie Lim

June 25th, 2009 at 5:19 pm

You rock! Thank you so much for this selfless advice πŸ˜€ I’m at that stage where people view me as ‘that nice girl with nice camera’ I must do something about that!

59. Denise

June 25th, 2009 at 8:04 pm

Fabulous Interview! I actually was a Business major but this was not my thing really. I’m in the process to start my wedding planning and gosh i also fell in love with photography and I know for sure thats what i want to do!

60. Bobby Earle

June 25th, 2009 at 11:11 pm

That’s SUCH a good picture of you!

61. Ivona

June 25th, 2009 at 11:28 pm

Jasmine, you should definitely go after writing a best-seller! I had a photographers meet-and-greet last Monday. Your name came up and besides everyone commenting on your beautiful work and fun personality, everyone agreed that you are an amaaazing writer. =) You would so totally make it to Oprah’s couch. I’m sure of it!

62. alex.kruk photography

June 26th, 2009 at 6:48 am

Great picture of you ! I love the interview and Can’t wait for the book :). Do you have any ideas what you would like to write about??

63. Arielle joy

June 26th, 2009 at 6:55 am

Beautiful photo Jasmine! Love the pearls! heh

64. Iain King

June 26th, 2009 at 8:03 am

Jasmine, fantastic interview! Love how open you are about yourself. I think this is what makes you such a good photographer. Keep up the fantastic blog – it’s one of my main sources of inspiration.

65. wedding photographer

June 26th, 2009 at 3:37 pm

What i have read on your blog so for – i have to agree with the great interview. Not only a great photographer – also a beautiful women with a (it seems) cool personality. Great.

June 26th, 2009 at 5:37 pm

The next best seller is yours! All you have to do is write it, and people will read it!

67. Cynthia Q.

June 30th, 2009 at 4:33 am

I love your FAQ’s and interviews! Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

68. Mark Swanson

June 30th, 2009 at 3:30 pm

Icame across you on the Web purely by chance and that makes this my lucky day. All I can say is WOW! Love the blog, love your work. If you dont mind I am going to add you to my bucket list of the top 50 people in the world I would like to meet.
    Regards
    Mark

69. Bong

June 30th, 2009 at 5:37 pm

Jasmine – Congratulations and great interview! Your great positive attitude is a model for all of us to follow! Thanks for inspiring us!