Julie and Eric : Engagement

She noticed him. She watched him from a distance as he entered their college class every week. And, yes, she even saw him once sit behind the sorority girl, lean in from behind her while she wasn’t paying attention, and smell her blond hair.

Julie saw this all from a distance.

Julie, what does this have to do with how we met?!, Eric indignantly asked as he cut into her story with his charming smile. At this, Julie throws her head back at laughs heavenward with much delight. Apparently, such chronological information tickles her pink. The truth of the matter was that when they finally did get the chance to get to know each other, they fell hard. Six years later, they walked along the Downtown Fullerton streets smiling, laughing…and, well, laughing. It’s what makes their relationship work so well. Laughter.

There wasn’t a time longer than four minutes when their conversation wasn’t sprinkled with amusement. Hearty laughter, giddy laughter, chronological-recollection laugher. If happiness is a sign of a healthy relationship, then Julie and Eric will be by each others’ sides for a very long time.

I can’t wait to hang out with them again in October for their wedding at the Orange County Museum of Art…judging on how much fun we had during Julie and Eric’s engagement session, I’m quite sure we’re going to have a ball at their wedding!

I especially love this picture because I think Julie did an awesome job rockin’ her totally hot Vera Wang dress…and red shoes…I couldn’t ask for more! 🙂

To view more of their engagement session, CLICK HERE for a slideshow!

1. abraham

August 24th, 2007 at 2:33 pm

fyi jasmine…….image is found just posted an awesome wedding they did at OCMA. you can check it out and do some online "scouting"…

2. chipgillespie

August 24th, 2007 at 2:38 pm

Hey, great shoot! I love the way you "think outside the bun" when it comes to composition and lighting. Your e-shoots are some of my favorite around. Keep us inspired!

3. Jasmine*

August 24th, 2007 at 3:04 pm

Hahaha…yes, I saw Nate’s post a few days ago and I was blown away. In addition to online scouting, I was like, Uh, Yeah…He’s SO Sick! 🙂 Thanks for the head’s up!

4. Jamie Delaine

August 24th, 2007 at 3:15 pm

Loveee the doorway shot!

5. cathy

August 24th, 2007 at 3:37 pm

love the door!…totally rockin. And your lighting is to die for. Thanks for your inspiration…I’m now a loyal blog stalker. 🙂 but in a non-creepy way.

6. Stacy Cross

August 24th, 2007 at 3:40 pm

Great work, Jas girl. 🙂 Isn’t it so fun when I bride wears shoes like that – you KNOW it will be a good session right away!

7. Kristen Dawn

August 24th, 2007 at 4:24 pm

Yup LOVE the doorway and the lighting is just perfect. Which on was their favorite shot??

8. DrewB

August 24th, 2007 at 4:32 pm

Thanks for stealing all my spots Jasmine! Were you following me?? JK, great minds think alike! You’re going to love shooting at OCMA. It’s an awesome venue!

9. Trista

August 24th, 2007 at 4:33 pm

Love the doorway shot for sure but I think the last is my fav!

10. Anna

August 24th, 2007 at 4:40 pm

Dear Jasmine, you are my favorite photographer on the world. Everything what you do is rockin’! You are blessed with the gift of seeing and capturing and
    because of you we understood that we are blessed too. Since we are thankful, we got more blessings and our business is growing and blossoming:)

11. Jasmine*

August 24th, 2007 at 4:40 pm

Drew, I think you stole MY spots…not the other way around! 😉 Soon we’ll be having photographer wars over territory and I’ll be throwing up j_Star gang signs!! 😀 Kristen, I don’t know what their fav shot is yet because I just posted this morning, so I suppose I have to wait and hear it from them! 🙂

12. brooke

August 24th, 2007 at 4:56 pm

i LOVE the last shot…amazing…her attitude rocks!

13. david baxter

August 24th, 2007 at 6:07 pm

14. Jesus

August 24th, 2007 at 7:02 pm

Hi Jasmine……nice shots as always! But Im looking something differente, dont know, maybe the post process…..

15. carrie@urbanbaby

August 24th, 2007 at 7:48 pm

these are fantastic! 2nd to last shot is my absolute favorite. -c

16. Kate Mefford

August 24th, 2007 at 8:14 pm

Love these…this chick seems to have SUCH a fun personality…I bet you guys had fun working together!

17. Callie

August 24th, 2007 at 8:32 pm

Love the 2nd to last shot! Their expressions are so real!

18. Angela

August 24th, 2007 at 8:38 pm

Oh that last shot is so fab Jazzy! I love their stances and you are right they seem like a lot of fun!

19. FYI

August 24th, 2007 at 8:57 pm

Awesome! And I thought you’d like to see this: http://www.caytonphotography.com/photobiz/index.html

20. Julie

August 24th, 2007 at 9:29 pm

OMG I was dying to read what you ‘d write about us… I told Eric we should have probably toned it down so we didn’t seem like total crazies! The 2 last ones are my favorite 1> laughing like a nut (usually) 2>looking cool (rare!). You are too cute!

21. World Famous

August 24th, 2007 at 9:34 pm

happy friday j*!

22. Ricki ford

August 24th, 2007 at 9:38 pm

jasmine you rocked this e shoot you blow me away everytime you post. Oh and you are my first comment with my 2day old iPhone.

23. Ricki ford

August 24th, 2007 at 9:39 pm

24. Nataly

August 24th, 2007 at 9:56 pm

That last shot is awesome! I also love third image! Great job!

25. gabriel ryan

August 25th, 2007 at 12:51 am

only you, jasmine, could so poetically categorize that many different types of laughter… and i love the triple series in sepia.

26. Jasmine C.

August 25th, 2007 at 3:32 am

I love the way you frame your shots… like that one with the doorway. 🙂

27. Gloria P.

August 26th, 2007 at 2:42 pm

I just wanted to say I think you’re a great story teller. It’s fabulous to get to know these people before I actually see them! These are beautiful, I love the last one.

28. Shannon

August 26th, 2007 at 10:01 pm

Hi Jasmine, once again your story telling is AMAZING….& those images….AWESOME…..I feel that an image that makes someone smile, laugh or cry along with the people being photographed is truly an AMAZING photo….you do this on a regular basis!!!! YOU ROCK

29. mike Larson Photography, Inc.

August 27th, 2007 at 6:09 am

i FREAKIN love the sunflare shots!

30. Diane Hwang

August 27th, 2007 at 11:40 am

Hey Jasmine! Thanks for your comment 🙂 I can’t wait to read your 8 random facts

31. Tanya Perez

August 27th, 2007 at 3:51 pm

I love these! I’m lovin the sun flare shots a lot right now. 🙂

32. J

August 28th, 2007 at 5:58 am

hey jasmine * ! 🙂

I love the lighting in the 2nd photo! Did you use a flash to fill in his face (I know its not direct flash but did you bounce it off another surface?) because the available/natural light seems to be coming from behind?

Let us know! 😀 Thank you for being a wonderful photographer!

33. mark brooke

August 28th, 2007 at 6:23 am

great shoot! I love that you capture "fun" right when it happens. all your photos look genuine. and the sun flare rocks!

34. Jasmine*

August 29th, 2007 at 4:54 pm

Hi J! I use anything and everything around me to create natural reflectors. For instance, in the shot you’re referring to, Eric was sitting on the stairs and just behind me (about three feet away) is a parked car. The sun was boucing off the windshield and acted as a reflector…pretty cool! 🙂

35. J

September 4th, 2007 at 2:30 am

thanks jasmine for letting us know how you got that shot! You are truly wonderful 🙂 I fully believe God has blessed you immensely because of your generosity given to others. Thanks again!! 😀

36. Kay English

July 29th, 2009 at 2:38 am

Wow!!! Friggin Fabulous! Did you shoot these with your new 28mm? They look wider than the 50 with a slight distortion around the edges. I may be COMPLETELY wrong though lol 🙂