Kisses and Disses : Christmas Carols + Cards
So. Christmas music. JD and I butt heads regarding Christmas music. I think his mother traumatized him as a child or something because every time he hears a legit carol, he gets a nervous twitch in his left eye and he tilts his neck so that his right ear and right shoulder touch. Repeatedly. I adore Christmas music, but my husband will stand outside our house and picket my song choices.
Once, I let him choose Christmas music he liked and, I kid you not, he chose the strangest electric guitar, hip-hop, lounge music I’ve ever heard. I swear, he made Mrs. Clause cry. Somewhere in the North Pole, an elf died because of JD’s music choice. It was THAT bad.
As of yesterday, we’ve made a deal. I get to listen to my music in the morning, and he gets to listen to his music in the afternoon. And every afternoon, I mourn the loss of a little elf in Santa’s Village. And it’s ALL JD’S FAULT. Oh, Internet, I have no doubt he’ll be getting a lump of coal in his stocking this year.
And me? Well, I’ll be getting what every good little girl wants: MY ENTIRE CHRISTMAS LIST. A pony included.
This leads me to another installment of Kisses + Disses…
This week’s DISSES go to:
* JD’s music choices and the mass disappearance of elves.
* People who steal your parking spot at the mall. I mean, really? Who still does that? Stealing spots is so Fried Green Tomatoes in the 80’s!
* Food poisoning. Big–HUGE–diss to food poisoning. Or stomach viruses. Or whatever has left in invalid for the past four days.
This week’s KISSES go to:
*Christmas cards. I don’t know I love them so much, but I do. I have them lined up in my living room and they make me feel special seeing friends and family sending well wishes.
* The Blind Side. Strangely enough, we walked into the wrong theater for this movie…we were supposed to see the new George Clooney movie, but somehow ended up in The Blind Side theater. Best ‘mistake’ in a long time. The movie was so special and I cried. More than once.
* Bing Crosby for being the bestest carole singer ever.
Sign Up for Your Free E-Book Here
How to Get FREE Marketing on Social Media
Get all my latest blog articles sent directly to your inbox
Never Miss a Post