Kisses+Disses : Boardwalk + Pace Setters

You can’t do that, I huffed as I ran to catch up with him. Then he sprinted again. Frustrated, I caught up to him. I told JD we didn’t need a pace setter, we were just running. We weren’t training for a marathon or part of a running club…it was just us, running on a dirt path in Orange County. And, no, Jillian Michaels was not going to jump out of a bush any time soon.

This led to an entire discussion about my competitive nature (JD asserted I wasn’t able to follow his lead), to which I scoffed…and jogged a few paces ahead of him. After a few strides with me at his side, he turned to me and said, I bet you were the type of kid who toppled the Monopoly game if you didn’t own Boardwalk…

Internet, I married a man WHO CAN SEE INTO MY PAST.

This leads me to another installment of Kisses and Disses…

This week’s Disses go to…
*The bird poo on my newly washed car.
*Every kid who owned Boardwalk before I had the chance to buy it.
*My refrigerator breaking down…do you know how much frozen FAKEN (fake bacon) I had to throw away?!

This week’s Kisses go to…
*Hot yoga. Remember when I said couldn’t stand it? I lied. It’s amazing and I love it…even if I’m still the only person to crawl out of class, wiping my eyes from the sweat (and tears).
*Summer fruits. I’m sure I single-handedly keep California produce farmers in business.
*Being a great pace setter (I kid, JD…I kid).

Happy Wednesday!

1. Haley Johnston

June 27th, 2012 at 4:43 pm

This post is beyond awesome. You are too funny Jasmine!

2. Eimear

June 27th, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Ha. This made me smile for numerous reasons, of which: 1 – that pace-setting monopoly toppling conversation? in our case it’s usually biking rather than running, but my boyfriend would be rolling his eyes in agreement if he were here to read it too! and 2 – the hot yoga, which, after trying on class several years ago I swore I hated more than anything on this earth and would never try again… but I’ve just been to my third class in two weeks and am LOVING it – how did that happen???! Thanks for the smiles:-) e

3. Erin Oveis Brant

June 27th, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I was hoping you’d give hot yoga another chance! It definitely grows on you!!

4. Kat

June 27th, 2012 at 6:10 pm

"I bet you were the type of kid who toppled the Monopoly game if you didn’t own Boardwalk… "
    LOL that was so me. 🙂

5. Heidi Huber

June 27th, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Good for you on the hot yoga! It’s amazing and different every time!

6. Kelly Sauer

June 27th, 2012 at 6:54 pm

This post is exactly why I love you. (And you quite tell about why I love my own husband. In a much funnier way than I could.)

These posts are so fun, but I know you know that.

Happy Wed., J*!

7. Belinda

June 27th, 2012 at 7:21 pm

I have toppled many a monopoly board…. My dad wasn’t kidding when he asked if I wanted to play a "blood thirsty game of monopoly"

8. Juliet Douglas

June 27th, 2012 at 9:35 pm

We love FAKEN in our house too.

9. sarah danaher

June 27th, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I’m obsessed with hot yoga. TRUESTORY. if I could find a way to go every single day of every single week, I would.

10. Marj

June 27th, 2012 at 10:30 pm

My frig died too and we lost a lot of food too. I didn’t even have a new one when the microwave went.

LOVED you on CreativeLIVE.

11. LEOLAK

June 28th, 2012 at 1:34 am

HILARIOUS!! You guys are so cute! GO YOU on the hot yoga!!

12. Brianna

June 28th, 2012 at 3:02 am

I would give anything for California fruit… it’s just not the same here in Texas. We have some good peaches though. 🙂

13. Tony Belmont

June 28th, 2012 at 6:36 am

Be happy it’s Hot Yoga and not Bryan Kest’s Power Yoga. Thawing also does a number on frozen bananas and strawberries. Glad to hear you didn’t decide to try to eat all the FAKEN, LOL. He or she who ruled Boardwalk and Park Place…well, Ruled!

14. Jeff

June 28th, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Fake Bacon! Whats next, Fake Air 🙂

15. Claudia

July 8th, 2012 at 7:26 pm

The ruining of veggie bacon is no laughing matter. I could live off of that stuff! I’m so sorry for your loss…