Korey and Josh : Wedding

Photography

Their story began in college and the plot thickened over time. Korey and Josh fell in love a few years ago, but they love as if they’ve been together since forever began. Korey looked forward to the smallest pleasures of their wedding at Rancho Las Lomas—like Josh wearing a wedding band for her, and his pledge in front of their friends and family to love her until the end of time—and was certain their life together would be perfect.

Korey is an absolutely articulate and well-read girl who explains love, marriage, and finding a soul mate as something you don’t not know. And, yes, she’s fully aware of the double negative. I don’t think that one day you just know that the person is right for you; it’s that you slowly begin to lose every bit of protest within you and accept that the person is less and less wrong for you, and then you know.

It’s with this mindset and the acceptance of lesser wrongs, that Korey and Josh stood before their loved ones and said I Do. They are perfectly suited, matched, and molded for each other and their lives are destined for great things together.

Korey and Josh…I can’t thank you enough for sharing your day with me, meeting your amazing friends and family, and showing me people from Detroit really know how to party! 🙂 I wish you nothing but joy and happiness in your lives together and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for you! Enjoy your honeymoon in Mexico and I hope you’re staying true to your promise of eating truckloads of burritos for me! Much Love and Appreciation…J*

I loved the story behind Korey’s Monique Lhuillier Swan Lake Wedding Dress. She never expected to fall in love with it, but once she saw herself in the mirror while shopping for her dream wedding dress, it easily became The One! 🙂

Korey’s hair and makeup was done by Andrea of Something Blue Stylists

Korey and Josh opted for a First Look and met each other before the wedding ceremony for pictures. Their moments together were beautiful and intimate…I love when clients see each other earlier for pictures because it makes the day so much more fun and relaxing! They wanted to spend as much as possible with friends and family, so taking pictures beforehand achieves just this! LOVE IT!

As Korey’s bridesmaids walked her across the Rancho Las Lomas bride, I immediately started shooting because the light was insanely gorgeous…

…and then I asked Josh to to join Korey because I couldn’t get enough of it…this was JD’s angle

…and this was my angle.

A blog reader (Hi Brandy!) asked if I could post a wedding party photo and this is one of my favorites. I love the backlighting on everyone and the fact that you can see the venue (which the bride simply adores) in the background.

A special thanks goes to Fantasy Floral Designs for their hard work in making everything beautiful

With a few minutes to go before the ceremony, Korey placed her veil….

…it was actually four minutes and 44 seconds before the start of the ceremony to be precise! 🙂 Korey downloaded the We Did Wedding Countdown application for her iPhone to ensure everything was on time…my kind of girl! 🙂

Korey, I love your laugh!

JD captured this shot…

Korey worked hard at creating her wedding details and it totally paid off! 🙂

To see more of their wedding photos, CLICK HERE for a slidehshow!

comments

1. Tanya Jose

October 15th, 2008 at 8:45 pm

her dress is WAY cute!! and i love the little details as always & that they went with the initials on their cake instead of the traditional bride & groom thingies!

2. Susan Cook

October 15th, 2008 at 8:57 pm

I love the location! Where was this?

3. Tira J

October 15th, 2008 at 9:03 pm

OMG! I love every bit of detail from head to toe and from the shoes to the cupcakes! Great work Jasmine and JD!

4. Amanda

October 15th, 2008 at 9:08 pm

I was anxious to see more photos! You only gave us a tidbit from the instructional video — and you’re right, the architectural details are a must — especially with a venue as beautiful as Korey & Josh’s. 🙂

5. Tira J

October 15th, 2008 at 9:09 pm

Oh, and I absolutely LOVED her dress!

6. SJ Styles

October 15th, 2008 at 9:09 pm

Nice Details!!!

7. Joan Solitario

October 15th, 2008 at 9:19 pm

You AMAZE ME everytime i visit your blog! BEAUTIFUL JASMINE!!!

8. Alicia

October 15th, 2008 at 9:23 pm

I could completely feel their joy and excitement on their wedding day. It just oozes from their smiles! What an adorable couple!

9. Bobbie Brown

October 15th, 2008 at 9:29 pm

WOW! Amazing wedding and amazing pictures (as always!) But that light is just beautiful that you said you couldn’t get enough of… Great job Jasmine!!

10. jen berry

October 15th, 2008 at 9:32 pm

that light is delicious!!!!! i love the reflection of the dress shot. i like the bridesmaids on the path with Korey. Funny the 2 perspectives of the bride/groom on the bridge (JD vs you) Yours is sweet and romantic and JD’s is strong and protective. The light in the group shot is incredible. The cupcake shot lighting has unique beautiful light. THANKS. AND as usual eloquent poignant charming writing.

11. Katie Beverley

October 15th, 2008 at 9:37 pm

GORGEOUS as always, Jasmine! What a beautiful couple…

12. heather broom

October 15th, 2008 at 9:38 pm

My favorite wedding photos are usually not the wedding party pics, but I LOVE the one you posted. Everything about it is perfect! Its just gorgeous

October 15th, 2008 at 10:10 pm

I’m so glad you posted a wedding party picture–it’s fabulous! How do you come up with new ideas for locations you’ve shot over and over again?

14. Brian Khang

October 15th, 2008 at 10:11 pm

Back lighting is so nice! Great job Jasmine!

15. Nena

October 15th, 2008 at 10:22 pm

I love this wedding! But I say that about all your weddings! When I get married, you must shoot me! =-)

16. Mandy

October 15th, 2008 at 10:28 pm

These are so intimate and lovely. You make me want to get married all over again. What a great couple. What I love most is that they look so comfortable together.

17. Laura

October 15th, 2008 at 10:43 pm

Of course your work is fabulous… but isn’t JD getting good!

18. B

October 15th, 2008 at 10:43 pm

My favorite is the one when she’s in the phone booth! It’s looks authentic, candid and joyous 🙂

19. Katie [shadowplay]

October 15th, 2008 at 10:58 pm

Wow… what a gorgeous wedding 🙂 I LOVE her dress! And yes, the light was pretty amazing!

20. kymberli q.

October 15th, 2008 at 10:59 pm

Her dress is GORGEOUS!!!!

21. Ashley

October 15th, 2008 at 11:40 pm

I love Korey’s philosophy because I feel exactly the same way. I also love that shoe shot at the very beginning. There’s just something about it!

22. Andi Walpurgis

October 15th, 2008 at 11:54 pm

You are AMAZING…and the vision you have for each bride and groom is perfect…thanks for always sharing….

23. Emily Mason

October 15th, 2008 at 11:55 pm

Beautiful! I love the shoes!

24. Melissa M

October 16th, 2008 at 12:54 am

I’ve been a reader of your blog for a while now and I just love your pictures. I had to comment on this post because I am IN LOVE with her shoes. Can you pleeeeease tell me what brand/where she got them. I was a ballerina for 20 years and I’d love to wear those at my wedding. Thanks Jasmine and I love your blog!!

25. Melissa

October 16th, 2008 at 1:50 am

I adore her dress. Amazing photos! You are too awesome!

26. Kim Ward

October 16th, 2008 at 2:45 am

Oh Jasmine and JD, The pictures are stunning!! I can’t wait till Korey and Josh get back from Mexico to see them!! The light IS gorgeous and they both look great in every shot!! I have that vendor list for you! We were happy with EVERYTHING!! Love, Kim (mother of the bride)

27. Korey

October 16th, 2008 at 3:22 am

So I just sat on a balcony in the dark, rain pouring, with only my computer to light up the space, and cried tears of joy! I don’t know how to express how much I love them. Josh actually just asked me to stop saying "I love this one!" because I said it for EVERY PICTURE. I just don’t know what to say. And I’m not speechless often… to everyone who left nice comments, thank you! And the shoes…I can send you a link! Comment on my blog and I’ll do that. (I had them dyed, btw.) Ugh, everything is so perfect and beautiful. Now it feels real. 🙂 THANK YOU Jasmine and JD!!!!!

28. Korey

October 16th, 2008 at 3:22 am

29. Korey

October 16th, 2008 at 3:22 am

30. Lisa Cooper

October 16th, 2008 at 3:22 am

Korey, you look like a beautiful princess. Josh, you look like a hottie! And Jasmine…..oh, Jasmine. You are an incredible artist with that camera. Thank you for capturing their day so perfectly!!!

31. Camille Elise

October 16th, 2008 at 3:25 am

Love that you included the group shot. Also loved how I could see you tie in all the architechtural aspects of the venue in your spread!

32. Sarah e. Smith - PhotoSmith

October 16th, 2008 at 3:46 am

wow, what a lovely wedding, I adore that group shot! amazing and beautiful as always!

33. Tunji Sarumi

October 16th, 2008 at 4:04 am

Waaaaaa…. I have to check the pictures again…

34. Cathy Crawley

October 16th, 2008 at 4:23 am

I think Korey is excited, she posted 3 times!!! Ah, but she has good reason to, her photos are gorgeous!

35. Kara Layne

October 16th, 2008 at 4:40 am

Oooh…the details of this wedding were so yummy! And I LOVE the telephone booth photo. Way to work it, Jasmine!

36. wan-nabe

October 16th, 2008 at 4:45 am

ah, i love rancho las lomas. almost got married there!

i saw your post on jane’s blog re: the ped egg. they sell ’em everywhere – target, walgreens, cvs, bed bath & beyond. just wanted to let you know 🙂

37. lin

October 16th, 2008 at 8:00 am

Aww, I love those pink ballet slippers!! And that tree of cupcakes! Yummy. Did you get to try any?

38. Alyse

October 16th, 2008 at 8:02 am

iphone picture is completely adorable!

39. Natarsha N. Wright

October 16th, 2008 at 9:11 am

Wow! What a beautiful wedding, Bride & Groom! I love the bridal party pic which lens did you use for that pic? love it!

40. Karen (Mikols) Bonar

October 16th, 2008 at 12:27 pm

"I don’t think that one day you just know that the person is right for you; it’s that you slowly begin to lose every bit of protest within you and accept that the person is less and less wrong for you, and then you know. " OMG J!!!!!!!!! You have finally put words to my relationship with my husband!!!!

41. Jean Ward

October 16th, 2008 at 1:37 pm

OMG These pictures are truly amazing of course my niece and new nephew look amazing. They are as wonderful as they look. Thanks so much for capturing their special day so beautifully

42. Leah Charbonneau

October 16th, 2008 at 2:25 pm

Jasmine, these are gorgeous! I love the details of the venue. When do you have time to take those types of shots? Before the ceremony? Thanks!

43. chipgillespie

October 16th, 2008 at 2:35 pm

Methinks JD deserves a raise!! 🙂

44. Kim Ward

October 16th, 2008 at 2:36 pm

Korey, If you see this…I love you guys! The Pictures are amazing!! I wished I could call you right then and we could look at them together!! Again Jasmine and JD , THANK YOU!

45. Kelly | Purple Lemon Designs

October 16th, 2008 at 3:30 pm

Goooorgeous wedding shots…J*, you make me want to get married again, just so I can get you to photograph us!

46. Allison

October 16th, 2008 at 3:55 pm

These are absolutely stunning! You did an incredible job! She looks radiant in every image. Way to rock it Jasmine!

47. Aunt Shelly

October 16th, 2008 at 4:08 pm

Jasmine and JD………fabulous job. I read you blog daily, but had extra incentive to get on to see if you had Josh and Korey’s pictures available. You did an incredible job of catching their happiness. They are both as beautiful inside as they are on the outside. Our families are blessed. Thank you.

48. Linda

October 16th, 2008 at 4:14 pm

The photo shots are gorgeous!! Depicts the true love in their eyes and smiles. I want to reach thru my computer screen and give them both a big hug . . XOXOXO

49. jeramy

October 16th, 2008 at 4:29 pm

gorgeous! the light was amazing there. great job!

oh….so, i think you may have a different business in the works….writing bio’s for people. how long do you have to spend with them before you can write like you do about them. that is becoming my favorite part of this blog.

50. Vinicius Matos

October 16th, 2008 at 5:47 pm

Congratulations for you great work!

I`m a fan of yours. I`d appreciate if you stop by my blog to know a little about Brazilian Wedding Photography. Please feel free to comment!

Thank you!

51. Paper Monkey

October 16th, 2008 at 7:25 pm

I love that she has that countdown on her iPhone! Hilarious! That dress is to die for!

52. Andrea Martin

October 16th, 2008 at 8:12 pm

You are an incredible talent Jasmine! I hope that our paths cross again very soon!

53. Celys

October 16th, 2008 at 9:20 pm

I wish I’ve met you 4 years ago when I got married…
    Your photos are amazing!
    Thank God it still on time for my 5th Anniversary.
    🙂

54. Larry Reeves

October 16th, 2008 at 9:21 pm

Brilliant!

55. kimberlee

October 16th, 2008 at 11:28 pm

congrats, korey! looks like you guys had a wonderful wedding day!

56. Carol Imlay

October 16th, 2008 at 11:59 pm

Kim,
    Everything was just SO beautiful !! You did GOOD !!
    Congratulations Korey and Josh, I wish you all the happiness love can muster !!
    Love, Carol & Dobri

57. Alyssa Anne

October 17th, 2008 at 2:43 am

As always, love the depth in your photos…gorgeousness!

58. Gianna

October 17th, 2008 at 6:42 am

Pretty. Very pretty. Congrats to the couple. That ballet shoes is my favorite.

59. Aunt Yvonne

October 17th, 2008 at 2:58 pm

What stunning pictures! I really do pitty Linda and Kim when they go to select just a few favorites for their personal "brag books." With so many gorgeous shots, how will the Mothers-of-the-Bride/Groom accomplish such a challenging feat?! (Tip: toss the 4×6 standard you’d get from your local Hallmark store and opt for a super-sized 11×17!!! Oh, and don’t forget to get a larger purse to go with THAT given you wouldn’t want to be conspicuous or anything.)

60. SyreenaB

October 17th, 2008 at 3:39 pm

These shots are amazing!!!! And the ballet shoes are my favorite too….

61. Lucy

October 17th, 2008 at 4:13 pm

The Dress shot is my favorite.

62. Vanessa Brooke

October 18th, 2008 at 1:52 am

J* this is my first post on your blog… Because of you and your fabulous work (like this latest wedding), I’ve gotten back into photography again. After having my first baby early this year, I decided not to work 9-5 and follow my photography passion. And let me tell you I’m loving it! Thanks for inspiring the Inte

63. vanessa H

October 18th, 2008 at 5:52 am

what a cute couple!!! great wedding

64. Chris

October 19th, 2008 at 8:47 pm

That fifth photograph is so perfect. He looks so absolutely happy and I love how she’s leaning on him. 0014 is my favorite, though – really nice and different take on formals. The shadows shooting out from everybody and the positioning are awesome. It looks like a painting.

65. Ginger Murray

October 20th, 2008 at 5:25 am

I love so many of these images! The group shot turned out really well– great job working with the backlight. I adore her dress and bouquet.

66. Jessica

October 20th, 2008 at 1:25 pm

I hate to admit it, but I have become a blog stalker. What will I ever do? What a CUTE CUTE bride! Great pictures as always! You are a true inspiration, and I HEART YOU!

67. michelle cunningham

October 24th, 2008 at 6:35 am

ok.. so i’m catching up on all your blogs. can you tell? i’ve been away from internet for too long i’m afraid.

the ballet motif to this bride’s dress and shoes are to die for!

68. Monica Linette

November 27th, 2008 at 4:30 am

I love the cupcake cake:d