One of THOSE Days

Personal

I’m having one of those days. Days when you wake up and know it’s going to be a day of deep sighs and moments you hope to pull the blanket over your head and hope for the weekend to run into your arms, wearing a billowing white dress running through a field of poppies.

I’m trying not to get down about a few things that haven’t exactly gone as planned, but it’s kinda hard. I’m hoping for the best, but until then, I’m simply reminding myself that the things that truly matter are fine. My loved ones are healthy, I’m healthy, and I’m loved. And at the end of the day, I’m content with this. Afterall, if everyone threw their problems in a pile and we had the chance to compare, I’d gladly take my woes back.

I’m editing last Saturdays wedding, so I’ll end with these photos because they make me smile…

comments

1. Bethany

October 12th, 2009 at 6:53 pm

After 2 years of following your blog every single day, I’m finally commenting. And, today, is one of those days where I just HAD to comment. See, my background on my computer is that dried flower you found last week. And it reminds me that hope lives on. So, in the midst of your day, remember: hope lives on.

2. Dawn B

October 12th, 2009 at 6:59 pm

Whew, I know what you mean….been having some family issues lately that I’ve seen coming for quite some time, and I have no control over them. It’s so hard, and then I end up worrying about all this, which causes way too much stress for me. I just have to have faith that things will work out in the end, but it’s soooo hard.

3. Larry

October 12th, 2009 at 7:00 pm

I hope your day gets better! These shots are EASY on the eyes…thanks!

4. Emma

October 12th, 2009 at 7:04 pm

Can’t wait to see this wedding Jasmine! Have a great day 🙂

5. Stephanie Stewart

October 12th, 2009 at 7:04 pm

Ever seen "Office Space," when the annoyinly cheerful lady says, "Looks like somebody has a case of the Mondays…"? Well, I’m not going to say that! I will say that everyone has those days, as you know, and I’m sure tomorrow will be a better day! Plus, your two photos here are stunning! Can’t wait to see the rest! Give JD and Polo a big hug, I’m sure they will put a smile on your face and a sparkle in your eye!

6. clarissa

October 12th, 2009 at 7:09 pm

jasoim, i hear you.
    good thing is, you have counted your blessings. good thing is, it will pass…
    be nice to yourself. cuddle with your dog, your hubby, have a hot chocolate with cream on top, watch a romantic movie, pamper yourself, get a massage, a facial, a pedicure.. jump into the ocean ( maybe too cold?) or a hot bath with delicious bubbles…just take it easy today, after all it is monday (grr), and the dark clouds will blow over soon. much aloha from maui

7. KrisD Mauga

October 12th, 2009 at 7:09 pm

Sometimes it’s the gloom; sometimes it’s Mondays; sometimes you need these days to appreciate the good ones! Don’t despair; we’ve all been there and tomorrow will be better than today!
    Be well!

8. gina amin

October 12th, 2009 at 7:12 pm

I hope watever it is blows over. I hate those days! But good news is there are only 24 hours in each one and then on to the next! 🙂

9. Kristyn Hogan

October 12th, 2009 at 7:16 pm

Glad to know I’m not the only one today 🙂

10. jeramy

October 12th, 2009 at 7:21 pm

hang in there jasmine!
    ok….so, sharon and i shot our very first wedding on sunday…and i have such a great appreciation for what you and jd make look so effortless. you are truly amazing! i hope your day gets better.

11. Annie @ Marry You Me

October 12th, 2009 at 7:38 pm

This made me smile – love that dress!

12. Melissa

October 12th, 2009 at 7:39 pm

Oh, man, I am having one of those YEARS! But, we do have our health and for that I am thankful. ;o) I hope things look brighter for you tomorrow!

Gorgeous photos.

13. Alexandra

October 12th, 2009 at 7:40 pm

These photos are beautiful 🙂

14. Emily Hayes

October 12th, 2009 at 7:45 pm

I’m glad to know I’m not alone. I’m feeling the same way too 🙁

15. Matt Parks

October 12th, 2009 at 7:47 pm

Sorry to hear life’s heavy right now. Pearl and I send a little love from the east coast to your coast. praying for you guys.

16. Pua

October 12th, 2009 at 8:02 pm

It’s Monday, and I’m having a similar day! Hope that yours gets better :). Can’t wait to see the rest of the shots from this wedding – beautiful work, as always!!

17. imthiaz houseman

October 12th, 2009 at 8:16 pm

it must be on of those days…i’m right there with you. great choice on photos, they help you forget why we do what we do. there beautiful. hope your day gets better! 🙂

18. Melissa

October 12th, 2009 at 8:25 pm

Here’s hoping you have people in your life to make you smile as much as you make us smile with your delightful blog!

19. Alejandra Arroyo

October 12th, 2009 at 8:26 pm

Keep your head up Jasmine! We all have those days for sure!! In the end like you said thank God for our good health and for the loved ones we are surrounded by.

20. Jenny Smith

October 12th, 2009 at 8:26 pm

Hey Jasmine,
    I photographed this groom’s sister’s wedding earlier this year. I looked at the post and thought, "This guy looks familiar!" Small world. Beautiful photos as always. Sorry you’re having a bad day.

21. Lauren Bauer

October 12th, 2009 at 8:27 pm

I’ve been having "one of those days" for the past 2 weeks lol. Things seem to be looking up. But you should most definitely smile because of those pictures. They are gorgeous! Can’t wait to see the rest.

22. Abbie

October 12th, 2009 at 8:39 pm

I’m not glad for what you’re going through but am glad that you shared. It helps me feel more normal. We all have struggles, we all are dissatisfied at one point in time. It’s good when we can share with others and not feel as though we are carrying these burdens alone. Thanks for sharing.

23. kristen holly

October 12th, 2009 at 8:40 pm

Chin up girlie! You have a wonderful life and are blessed in so many ways. I know you know that, but it still helps to hear it 🙂 Sending love and happiness your way today!

24. Pol

October 12th, 2009 at 8:51 pm

I had one of those yesterday. Hope your day is going better now *hug*

25. Lorrie Prothero

October 12th, 2009 at 9:00 pm

We need the blah days to make our good ones that much better. It’s probably hitting you with the change in weather. Just cuddle up w/ Polo and/or JD and enjoy the snugly, cold weather.

26. Bobbie Brown

October 12th, 2009 at 9:23 pm

Ohhh, I am sorry your day is not going exactly great… however, these pictures are! (great that is!!)

October 12th, 2009 at 9:24 pm

I hope everything works out for you! I’ve had those days and know just what you mean. Hold on tight to those that love you, and that weekend with the billowing white dress and poppies will be here before you know it! Can’t wait to see the rest of this wedding!

28. Jackie L.

October 12th, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Can’t wait to see more! It’s the weather that is making everyone feel this way.

29. Dorothy Huynh

October 12th, 2009 at 9:39 pm

I am definitely having one of THOSE days as well! Can’t wait to see the rest of these images!!

30. Jen Johnson

October 12th, 2009 at 9:45 pm

I’m having one of those days, too. I like to call them: MONDAY.

31. Justine

October 12th, 2009 at 10:03 pm

– from a positive point of view, these bad days are good …. they let us appreciate the flip side. Stunning photos

32. Kara Layne

October 12th, 2009 at 10:05 pm

Hang in there, doll!

33. Melanie

October 12th, 2009 at 10:24 pm

I hope your day gets better & your pictures always make me smile!

34. lyra

October 12th, 2009 at 10:31 pm

Do I need to bust out a rendition of Monica’s "don’t take it personal" circa 1995 to cheer you up? Because I will. 🙂 ox…

35. Bobby Earle

October 12th, 2009 at 10:32 pm

Sorry Jaz 🙁 I had one of "those days" for a couple weeks and it FINALLY ended a few days ago. You’ll be up and at ’em in no time!

36. Sarah

October 12th, 2009 at 10:45 pm

Things will get better. I honestly think you need the not so good and truly bad days to really appreciate the good days and good moments. It’s the bad times that really make you understand and appreciate just what really does matter in life. If life was always fun and easy, you wouldn’t ever grow as a person.

37. Rachel Clare

October 12th, 2009 at 10:47 pm

I’m SO having one of those days. Can totally relate. May tomorrow be better for both of us!!

38. Christine Pobke

October 12th, 2009 at 11:07 pm

Oh no J*!!! What happened? Who did this to you? We’ll grab our pitchforks and torches and demand an apology from them!! {{hugs}}

39. Eileen

October 12th, 2009 at 11:09 pm

We all have those days..but when you look back, the great days out number the bad days.

40. Cat Ward

October 12th, 2009 at 11:18 pm

I’m not the only one! I’m a newbie photographer, and I’m just having a hard time getting started, and it all just kinda hit me today that I’m not where I want to be….however, as you say, my problems are minute compared to those facing real life hardships and illnesses, etc. Thanks for helping me get my perspective back:)

41. Jeni

October 13th, 2009 at 12:26 am

I’m blaming the weather. It’s rare that we see gloomy, cold days in the OC. I’m so having one of those "woe is me" days, too. But, its never as bad as we think.

42. Tacey

October 13th, 2009 at 12:39 am

Boots. New Boots….See, you’re smiling just thinking about them!!! Consider yourself hugged. 🙂

43. Mai

October 13th, 2009 at 1:01 am

J* you, your work, and your words are truly inspiring! Keep up at it.

44. Christina Gressianu

October 13th, 2009 at 1:14 am

Yup, me too. I would have liked to sleep through today. I use my photos to cheer myself up too. I may screw up all kinds of things, but at least I take really good photos. And you do too!

45. Tasha Prescott

October 13th, 2009 at 1:20 am

I had one of those weekends, but today was better… and the good days do outweigh the bad hands down… Snap out of it, and get back to your FABULOUSness (is that a word?)

46. Tammie T

October 13th, 2009 at 1:21 am

I know you don’t know me, but I was having a blue day until I watched a video you did on branding. It’s uplifting. I thank you for cheering me up and I hope someone else will do the same for you. It’s so amazing when we can affect people we don’t even know. Thanks J*.

47. a little bit of whimsy photography

October 13th, 2009 at 1:32 am

life is real!……. chin up girl, there is a reason for it all, no matter what it is!!

48. Heather Corporan

October 13th, 2009 at 1:56 am

THIS TOO SHALL PASS. . .This i’ve had to tell myself more in the past five months than I hope to ever have to remind myself in the next 50 years. But either way, it’s a good reminder : ) Whether the problem big or small, this too shall pass! I hope ‘this’ . . . whatever your this is, will pass for you quickly ; )

49. Marissa Rodriguez

October 13th, 2009 at 2:01 am

It’s so awesome how you start a little bummed in this post but then you cheer yourself up by focusing on the positive things in your life, AND you post a photo that makes you smile! You’re awesome!

50. katelyn

October 13th, 2009 at 2:18 am

wheres polo?!!! doesn’t he make everything better:)

51. Nichole

October 13th, 2009 at 2:24 am

I hope things are getting better : )

52. kate callahan

October 13th, 2009 at 3:14 am

What is this … like the worst Monday ever?! I’ve felt blue all day, too. Tuesday will no doubt be a better day … for all of us : )

53. Jamie

October 13th, 2009 at 4:50 am

Sounds like you need a little something to cheer you up.. like taking time away from work to buy polo a little outfit.. go ahead girl.. do it! 🙂

54. Linda Sherrill

October 13th, 2009 at 4:52 am

You hit the nail on the head when you said there are others who are having a harder time…
    One day we’ll be in heaven and won’t have these bad days at all!

55. Cathy Crawley

October 13th, 2009 at 5:29 am

Cheer up Jas, we have those days so we can appreciate the really special ones even more! I’m sure it will all work out 🙂

56. anniecat

October 13th, 2009 at 5:40 am

I read a forum post today of anonymous people writing about their darkest secret. It made me very sad and makes my problems seem very small. Hope you will feel better soon… Thanks for continually inspiring us..

57. Brian Fletcher

October 13th, 2009 at 7:34 am

Sounds like you guys need a Vacation this time instead of a Staycation! 🙂

58. Serendipity Photography

October 13th, 2009 at 8:30 am

Can’t wait to see more pics 🙂

59. Kay English

October 13th, 2009 at 11:40 am

wow! You are not kidding! Yesterday was so rough for me too. I had a panic attack while driving for the first time in 2 years and almost got hit by a truck. But I feel better now :/

60. Sandy

October 13th, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Don’t worry Jasmine…we all have days like that. Look at where you are in your life and be thankful for your blessings. Your pics are amazing…

61. Leyla N

October 13th, 2009 at 5:28 pm

Jasmine, sweetie.. You are not alone! We all have those days, and unfortunately, without them we wouldn’t appreciate the good days as much.

Hang in there and keep doing what you do, because your work is absolutely amazing!

62. Shannon Phillips

October 13th, 2009 at 7:20 pm

I am so with you girl! I can’t get out of my funk today. What is the deal. I actually came to your blog because it lifts me up. You did just that. Thanks for your honesty and for the pretty pics.

63. Namine

October 13th, 2009 at 8:39 pm

I love her dress!! Great shot!

64. Kayleigh

October 13th, 2009 at 11:17 pm

Beautiful pictures Jasmine! I am so inspired by you! Also, the song that went with your slideshow was beautiful! Who sings it?

65. Arthur Green

October 14th, 2009 at 11:38 am

Love you work. Great gesture. Just wondering what lens, aperture, and ISO you used for these wonderful photos. Thanks

66. MelissaF

October 14th, 2009 at 12:22 pm

What a gorgeous couple and a beautiful venue.

67. Nicole Benitez

October 14th, 2009 at 8:11 pm

I love them all! Another gloriously perfect day documented with your special touch! Beautiful.

68. Monica Guerrero

October 15th, 2009 at 1:56 pm

She has such a beautiful smile! 🙂 You can tell how ecstatic she was in every photo!

69. cassandra m

October 16th, 2009 at 6:28 am

these pics made me smile too after a couple hard days. :)))

70. Fotograf