One of THOSE Days

One of THOSE Days

Personal

I’m having one of those days. Days when you wake up and know it’s going to be a day of deep sighs and moments you hope to pull the blanket over your head and hope for the weekend to run into your arms, wearing a billowing white dress running through a field of poppies.

I’m trying not to get down about a few things that haven’t exactly gone as planned, but it’s kinda hard. I’m hoping for the best, but until then, I’m simply reminding myself that the things that truly matter are fine. My loved ones are healthy, I’m healthy, and I’m loved. And at the end of the day, I’m content with this. Afterall, if everyone threw their problems in a pile and we had the chance to compare, I’d gladly take my woes back.

I’m editing last Saturdays wedding, so I’ll end with these photos because they make me smile…

comments

1. Bethany -

After 2 years of following your blog every single day, I’m finally commenting. And, today, is one of those days where I just HAD to comment. See, my background on my computer is that dried flower you found last week. And it reminds me that hope lives on. So, in the midst of your day, remember: hope lives on.

10.12.09 - 6:53 pm

2. Dawn B -

Whew, I know what you mean….been having some family issues lately that I’ve seen coming for quite some time, and I have no control over them. It’s so hard, and then I end up worrying about all this, which causes way too much stress for me. I just have to have faith that things will work out in the end, but it’s soooo hard.

10.12.09 - 6:59 pm

3. Larry -

I hope your day gets better! These shots are EASY on the eyes…thanks!

10.12.09 - 7:00 pm

4. Emma -

Can’t wait to see this wedding Jasmine! Have a great day 🙂

10.12.09 - 7:04 pm

5. Stephanie Stewart -

Ever seen "Office Space," when the annoyinly cheerful lady says, "Looks like somebody has a case of the Mondays…"? Well, I’m not going to say that! I will say that everyone has those days, as you know, and I’m sure tomorrow will be a better day! Plus, your two photos here are stunning! Can’t wait to see the rest! Give JD and Polo a big hug, I’m sure they will put a smile on your face and a sparkle in your eye!

10.12.09 - 7:04 pm

6. clarissa -

jasoim, i hear you.
    good thing is, you have counted your blessings. good thing is, it will pass…
    be nice to yourself. cuddle with your dog, your hubby, have a hot chocolate with cream on top, watch a romantic movie, pamper yourself, get a massage, a facial, a pedicure.. jump into the ocean ( maybe too cold?) or a hot bath with delicious bubbles…just take it easy today, after all it is monday (grr), and the dark clouds will blow over soon. much aloha from maui

10.12.09 - 7:09 pm

7. KrisD Mauga -

Sometimes it’s the gloom; sometimes it’s Mondays; sometimes you need these days to appreciate the good ones! Don’t despair; we’ve all been there and tomorrow will be better than today!
    Be well!

10.12.09 - 7:09 pm

8. gina amin -

I hope watever it is blows over. I hate those days! But good news is there are only 24 hours in each one and then on to the next! 🙂

10.12.09 - 7:12 pm

9. Kristyn Hogan -

Glad to know I’m not the only one today 🙂

10.12.09 - 7:16 pm

10. jeramy -

hang in there jasmine!
    ok….so, sharon and i shot our very first wedding on sunday…and i have such a great appreciation for what you and jd make look so effortless. you are truly amazing! i hope your day gets better.

10.12.09 - 7:21 pm

11. Annie @ Marry You Me -

This made me smile – love that dress!

10.12.09 - 7:38 pm

12. Melissa -

Oh, man, I am having one of those YEARS! But, we do have our health and for that I am thankful. ;o) I hope things look brighter for you tomorrow!

Gorgeous photos.

10.12.09 - 7:39 pm

13. Alexandra -

These photos are beautiful 🙂

10.12.09 - 7:40 pm

14. Emily Hayes -

I’m glad to know I’m not alone. I’m feeling the same way too 🙁

10.12.09 - 7:45 pm

15. Matt Parks -

Sorry to hear life’s heavy right now. Pearl and I send a little love from the east coast to your coast. praying for you guys.

10.12.09 - 7:47 pm

16. Pua -

It’s Monday, and I’m having a similar day! Hope that yours gets better :). Can’t wait to see the rest of the shots from this wedding – beautiful work, as always!!

10.12.09 - 8:02 pm

17. imthiaz houseman -

it must be on of those days…i’m right there with you. great choice on photos, they help you forget why we do what we do. there beautiful. hope your day gets better! 🙂

10.12.09 - 8:16 pm

18. Melissa -

Here’s hoping you have people in your life to make you smile as much as you make us smile with your delightful blog!

10.12.09 - 8:25 pm

19. Alejandra Arroyo -

Keep your head up Jasmine! We all have those days for sure!! In the end like you said thank God for our good health and for the loved ones we are surrounded by.

10.12.09 - 8:26 pm

20. Jenny Smith -

Hey Jasmine,
    I photographed this groom’s sister’s wedding earlier this year. I looked at the post and thought, "This guy looks familiar!" Small world. Beautiful photos as always. Sorry you’re having a bad day.

10.12.09 - 8:26 pm

21. Lauren Bauer -

I’ve been having "one of those days" for the past 2 weeks lol. Things seem to be looking up. But you should most definitely smile because of those pictures. They are gorgeous! Can’t wait to see the rest.

10.12.09 - 8:27 pm

22. Abbie -

I’m not glad for what you’re going through but am glad that you shared. It helps me feel more normal. We all have struggles, we all are dissatisfied at one point in time. It’s good when we can share with others and not feel as though we are carrying these burdens alone. Thanks for sharing.

10.12.09 - 8:39 pm

23. kristen holly -

Chin up girlie! You have a wonderful life and are blessed in so many ways. I know you know that, but it still helps to hear it 🙂 Sending love and happiness your way today!

10.12.09 - 8:40 pm

24. Pol -

I had one of those yesterday. Hope your day is going better now *hug*

10.12.09 - 8:51 pm

25. Lorrie Prothero -

We need the blah days to make our good ones that much better. It’s probably hitting you with the change in weather. Just cuddle up w/ Polo and/or JD and enjoy the snugly, cold weather.

10.12.09 - 9:00 pm

26. Bobbie Brown -

Ohhh, I am sorry your day is not going exactly great… however, these pictures are! (great that is!!)

10.12.09 - 9:23 pm

27. Lydia -

I hope everything works out for you! I’ve had those days and know just what you mean. Hold on tight to those that love you, and that weekend with the billowing white dress and poppies will be here before you know it! Can’t wait to see the rest of this wedding!

10.12.09 - 9:24 pm

28. Jackie L. -

Can’t wait to see more! It’s the weather that is making everyone feel this way.

10.12.09 - 9:39 pm

29. Dorothy Huynh -

I am definitely having one of THOSE days as well! Can’t wait to see the rest of these images!!

10.12.09 - 9:39 pm

30. Jen Johnson -

I’m having one of those days, too. I like to call them: MONDAY.

10.12.09 - 9:45 pm

31. Justine -

– from a positive point of view, these bad days are good …. they let us appreciate the flip side. Stunning photos

10.12.09 - 10:03 pm

32. Kara Layne -

Hang in there, doll!

10.12.09 - 10:05 pm

33. Melanie -

I hope your day gets better & your pictures always make me smile!

10.12.09 - 10:24 pm

34. lyra -

Do I need to bust out a rendition of Monica’s "don’t take it personal" circa 1995 to cheer you up? Because I will. 🙂 ox…

10.12.09 - 10:31 pm

35. Bobby Earle -

Sorry Jaz 🙁 I had one of "those days" for a couple weeks and it FINALLY ended a few days ago. You’ll be up and at ’em in no time!

10.12.09 - 10:32 pm

36. Sarah -

Things will get better. I honestly think you need the not so good and truly bad days to really appreciate the good days and good moments. It’s the bad times that really make you understand and appreciate just what really does matter in life. If life was always fun and easy, you wouldn’t ever grow as a person.

10.12.09 - 10:45 pm

37. Rachel Clare -

I’m SO having one of those days. Can totally relate. May tomorrow be better for both of us!!

10.12.09 - 10:47 pm

38. Christine Pobke -

Oh no J*!!! What happened? Who did this to you? We’ll grab our pitchforks and torches and demand an apology from them!! {{hugs}}

10.12.09 - 11:07 pm

39. Eileen -

We all have those days..but when you look back, the great days out number the bad days.

10.12.09 - 11:09 pm

40. Cat Ward -

I’m not the only one! I’m a newbie photographer, and I’m just having a hard time getting started, and it all just kinda hit me today that I’m not where I want to be….however, as you say, my problems are minute compared to those facing real life hardships and illnesses, etc. Thanks for helping me get my perspective back:)

10.12.09 - 11:18 pm

41. Jeni -

I’m blaming the weather. It’s rare that we see gloomy, cold days in the OC. I’m so having one of those "woe is me" days, too. But, its never as bad as we think.

10.13.09 - 12:26 am

42. Tacey -

Boots. New Boots….See, you’re smiling just thinking about them!!! Consider yourself hugged. 🙂

10.13.09 - 12:39 am

43. Mai -

J* you, your work, and your words are truly inspiring! Keep up at it.

10.13.09 - 1:01 am

44. Christina Gressianu -

Yup, me too. I would have liked to sleep through today. I use my photos to cheer myself up too. I may screw up all kinds of things, but at least I take really good photos. And you do too!

10.13.09 - 1:14 am

45. Tasha Prescott -

I had one of those weekends, but today was better… and the good days do outweigh the bad hands down… Snap out of it, and get back to your FABULOUSness (is that a word?)

10.13.09 - 1:20 am

46. Tammie T -

I know you don’t know me, but I was having a blue day until I watched a video you did on branding. It’s uplifting. I thank you for cheering me up and I hope someone else will do the same for you. It’s so amazing when we can affect people we don’t even know. Thanks J*.

10.13.09 - 1:21 am

47. a little bit of whimsy photography -

life is real!……. chin up girl, there is a reason for it all, no matter what it is!!

10.13.09 - 1:32 am

48. Heather Corporan -

THIS TOO SHALL PASS. . .This i’ve had to tell myself more in the past five months than I hope to ever have to remind myself in the next 50 years. But either way, it’s a good reminder : ) Whether the problem big or small, this too shall pass! I hope ‘this’ . . . whatever your this is, will pass for you quickly ; )

10.13.09 - 1:56 am

49. Marissa Rodriguez -

It’s so awesome how you start a little bummed in this post but then you cheer yourself up by focusing on the positive things in your life, AND you post a photo that makes you smile! You’re awesome!

10.13.09 - 2:01 am

50. katelyn -

wheres polo?!!! doesn’t he make everything better:)

10.13.09 - 2:18 am

51. Nichole -

I hope things are getting better : )

10.13.09 - 2:24 am

52. kate callahan -

What is this … like the worst Monday ever?! I’ve felt blue all day, too. Tuesday will no doubt be a better day … for all of us : )

10.13.09 - 3:14 am

53. Jamie -

Sounds like you need a little something to cheer you up.. like taking time away from work to buy polo a little outfit.. go ahead girl.. do it! 🙂

10.13.09 - 4:50 am

54. Linda Sherrill -

You hit the nail on the head when you said there are others who are having a harder time…
    One day we’ll be in heaven and won’t have these bad days at all!

10.13.09 - 4:52 am

55. Cathy Crawley -

Cheer up Jas, we have those days so we can appreciate the really special ones even more! I’m sure it will all work out 🙂

10.13.09 - 5:29 am

56. anniecat -

I read a forum post today of anonymous people writing about their darkest secret. It made me very sad and makes my problems seem very small. Hope you will feel better soon… Thanks for continually inspiring us..

10.13.09 - 5:40 am

57. Brian Fletcher -

Sounds like you guys need a Vacation this time instead of a Staycation! 🙂

10.13.09 - 7:34 am

58. Serendipity Photography -

Can’t wait to see more pics 🙂

10.13.09 - 8:30 am

59. Kay English -

wow! You are not kidding! Yesterday was so rough for me too. I had a panic attack while driving for the first time in 2 years and almost got hit by a truck. But I feel better now :/

10.13.09 - 11:40 am

60. Sandy -

Don’t worry Jasmine…we all have days like that. Look at where you are in your life and be thankful for your blessings. Your pics are amazing…

10.13.09 - 12:42 pm

61. Leyla N -

Jasmine, sweetie.. You are not alone! We all have those days, and unfortunately, without them we wouldn’t appreciate the good days as much.

Hang in there and keep doing what you do, because your work is absolutely amazing!

10.13.09 - 5:28 pm

62. Shannon Phillips -

I am so with you girl! I can’t get out of my funk today. What is the deal. I actually came to your blog because it lifts me up. You did just that. Thanks for your honesty and for the pretty pics.

10.13.09 - 7:20 pm

63. Namine -

I love her dress!! Great shot!

10.13.09 - 8:39 pm

64. Kayleigh -

Beautiful pictures Jasmine! I am so inspired by you! Also, the song that went with your slideshow was beautiful! Who sings it?

10.13.09 - 11:17 pm

65. Arthur Green -

Love you work. Great gesture. Just wondering what lens, aperture, and ISO you used for these wonderful photos. Thanks

10.14.09 - 11:38 am

66. MelissaF -

What a gorgeous couple and a beautiful venue.

10.14.09 - 12:22 pm

67. Nicole Benitez -

I love them all! Another gloriously perfect day documented with your special touch! Beautiful.

10.14.09 - 8:11 pm

68. Monica Guerrero -

She has such a beautiful smile! 🙂 You can tell how ecstatic she was in every photo!

10.15.09 - 1:56 pm

69. cassandra m -

these pics made me smile too after a couple hard days. :)))

10.16.09 - 6:28 am