Red Rock Engagement : Katelyn + Michael

Photography

Two families in Virginia, each with a respectable flock of children, befriended each other many years ago, and when their systems collided, they didn’t know they’d remain in each other’s orbit, well, forever. One of the James’ children was Katelyn, complete with fiery red hair and a magnetic smile, and she’d watch from a distance when Michael–the Alsop’s son–came over to play with her brother Corey. Both families went on vacation together, went to church together, and shared meals together on long summer nights. When Michael entered high school, Katelyn spent two more years in junior high watching him from a distance. By the time she arrived in high school, their orbits went back to being in perfect alignment.

During Katelyn’s freshman year, she’d see Michael and smile. Oh, Michael. She thought the only thing that would have made life perfect was if Michael Alsop asked her to prom, but he was a junior and well-liked and handsome. Focus, Katelyn, focus. But Michael noticed her, especially after a few of his friends wanted to ask her out. He couldn’t synthesize his feelings for Katelyn James, the girl he went swimming with as a kid and joked with in junior high. The little girl with fiery red hair grew and a magnetic smile up to be a gorgeous girl with fiery red hair and a magnetic smile. But she was different. And he really liked different.

Michael and Katelyn went on their first date their freshman year of high school and have been together since. By each other’s sides, keeping James and the Alsop families doing what they do best: laughing, loving, and planning a fantastic wedding in their Virginia hometown. I had the distinct honor of shooting their engagement session at Red Rock Canyon in Las Vegas last week. Katelyn is a photographer, so she was in Las Vegas with Michael for WPPI, so things worked perfectly for us. I’m so, so honored to document their wedding on 10.10.10!

What I should mention before this post proceeds is that Michael and Katelyn deserve SO much credit!! We spent the afternoon outrunning a vicious storm and it was freezing…even by Virginia standards! 😉

Katelyn, you make me smile…

It started to pour, so we hung out in their rental car for a while and chatted until the weather got to a sprinkle…here they are working it out in the wet weather…

Rawr.

So then a strange thing happened…it started to SNOW. The only thing was I didn’t know it was snow because I’d never seen snow fall from the sky. Ever. We’re shooting and we’re all freezing when Michael says, Hey, Jasmine, it’s snowing!! Just like that, matter-of-factly. And I’m all, RUN TO THE CAR!!!! What can I say, I’m dramatic. We got in the car and drove to Red Rock Canyon for some more pictures and thankfully the snow/rain held off for a bit more.

Work IT…

After a quick change in the car, we shot more engagement pictures in the desert and it was such a cool experience for me because I’ve never done it before. Leave it to another photographer to bring such a challenge! 😉

Katelyn and Michael, you’re the best. I completely adore you and can’t WAIT for your wedding this October…bring it on!! 🙂

To see more of their Red Rock Canyon engagement session, CLICK HERE for a slideshow!

comments

1. gladys jem

March 19th, 2010 at 3:51 pm

oh my heck! they are SOO cute. i love the clouds in the photos j* rock it!

2. Amanda Pair

March 19th, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Katelyn! These are so great. And you guys are gorgeous!

3. kortnee kate

March 19th, 2010 at 3:59 pm

WHAT??? You have never seen snow fall from the sky? Girl, you need to come to Ohio and we will introduce you to a whole new definition of FA-REEEEZING! 🙂 Beautiful photos lady!! 😉 Loved sitting in on your session at WPPI!

4. Aimee

March 19th, 2010 at 4:00 pm

I LOVE that you not only post pictures, but you post the stories behind the pictures. So we all meet and love the people you shoot! What a beautiful couple.

5. Sandy

March 19th, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Wow, beautiful photos! Red rock really has some awesome backdrops for pictures! I love the blue shirt and yellow cardigan outfit the best!! =)

6. Brendan

March 19th, 2010 at 4:07 pm

J*, These pictures are AWESOME. Michael and Katelyn, you are two of my favorite people! 10.10.10!!!

7. Dawn Howeth

March 19th, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Great Pictures!!!

8. Khaled Mosli

March 19th, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Awesome images! love the contrast guys! also the sky was great effect on the photos!!

Jasmine, great job on that session 😀

9. Geoff Heith

March 19th, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Love these…the clouds being all dark and almost rainy give it a cool look…love it!

10. Katelyn James

March 19th, 2010 at 4:24 pm

JASMINE!!!!! We love them! and we love you! Thank you for being amazing and for dealing with rain, snow and FREEZING temperatures!! We couldn’t be more honored to have you there with us on 101010!!!!

11. Amber

March 19th, 2010 at 4:25 pm

These are fantastic! What an awesome location for photos!! 🙂 Beautiful guys!!

12. mariana herrera mosli

March 19th, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Simply lovely! 🙂 Their story sounds straight from a movie! Love it! I wish them pure happiness for the rest of their lives! Jasmine, you captured their beauty, inside and out! Awesome images, thanks for sharing!
    ~Mariana | Kismis Ink Photography

13. Andi Grant

March 19th, 2010 at 4:27 pm

I love everything about it these! Katelyn, your outfits, perfect, your smile stunning!!

14. Spring Smith

March 19th, 2010 at 4:33 pm

WOW- Stunning images! The impending doom of the storm made for some beautiful sky’s in these shots. I love that I can see Katelyn’s personality in these images- I was lucky enough to meet her at WPPI and you did such a great job capturing her energy and spark!

15. Jessie

March 19th, 2010 at 4:35 pm

I love all of the colors that Katelyn is wearing…they pop just enough to make the drab skies look bright!

I love these two to pieces…they are the cutest couple with the best story line ever!

16. Emily

March 19th, 2010 at 4:40 pm

OH MY GOSH!!!!! That’s my sister and Michael!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM!!!! Wow, Jasmine these are amazing!!!!!!!!! So Beautiful!!! (can’t wait to meet you in October) =)

17. Bobbie Brown

March 19th, 2010 at 4:43 pm

I love these! Katelyn, I don’t k now you but you are gorgeous! LOVE your red hair!!

18. D

March 19th, 2010 at 4:49 pm

SO cool! Dang! Now I’ll have to put ‘Desert’ on my wish list with that new lens… 🙂

19. Nathan Bray

March 19th, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Awesome photos! You two are one of the cutest couples ever!!!

20. Caroline

March 19th, 2010 at 4:53 pm

OH MY GOODNESS these are phenominal!! Katelyn….leopard print shoes??? wow. Thank you for capturing my best friends in such a unique way J*. I’m stoked for the wedding!!!

21. Jenn Gaudreau

March 19th, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I love how you captured their playful spirits, Jasmine! Continually inspired by your writing and work. Was so glad to meet you at WPPI after your talk last week. You keep rocking that gold/mustard yellow dress- so glamorous!!! 🙂

22. Diandra

March 19th, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I LOVE the dark skies! How cool! And the desert!!! So nice!

23. Shannon

March 19th, 2010 at 5:06 pm

These are such great shots! How on earth do you get the color/lighting/brightness so darn perfect! I’m so jealous! As always…love what you do!

24. Paola

March 19th, 2010 at 5:11 pm

I knew she looked familiar! I’ve visit her blog as well and she is such a cutie! I was laughing hysterically (trying to be silent about it so that my co-workers don’t think I’m more insane than usual) when I read the GET IN THE CAR!! part. Love it!!

25. molly

March 19th, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Love them all, but for some reason the solo portrait of her is my favorite.

26. sharon snow

March 19th, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Gotta love that story, like a good old romantic movie – but true! Can’t wait to see more pics in October! Katelyn is Gorgeous! and what a C-U-T-E couple they make.
    Awesome images Jasmine, love the various landscapes, as always you ROCKED!

27. j gar

March 19th, 2010 at 5:19 pm

so. incredibly. awesome. the one with the clouds in the background where they’re sitting behind the bench in the slide show is probably the best picture i’ve ever seen before. i think i’m going to make it my profile picture, is that weird? great job j star, you’re sure giving katelyn a run for her money.

28. V

March 19th, 2010 at 5:20 pm

So amazing! The desert made a wonderful backdrop for your amazing photography skills! Just superb! And they are troopers and so are you for surviving rain and snow. You’re better than the postal service! LOL!

29. Vania - SimplyBloom Photography, LLC

March 19th, 2010 at 5:21 pm

we encountered rain in the desert, but SNOW!?! that’s mad! well in any case, the photos turned out happy, fab, and crisp as usual! 😀

30. Dee

March 19th, 2010 at 5:25 pm

I love how you preface every set of pictures with a story.

ahh amore! i love it!

31. Anna

March 19th, 2010 at 5:27 pm

These are all WONDERFUL! Katelyn and Michael are two AMAZING people and I’m so glad they’ve chosen you to capture their relationship and their big day! You are very talented!

32. Trish

March 19th, 2010 at 5:28 pm

What a love story! You tell it so well… You make Red Rock look so cool. I had my engagements shot out there a looong time ago when it was really sunny….I have never seen it shot with all the dark frosty clouds before!

33. Connie Workman

March 19th, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Jasmine, these photos are so beautiful. Katelyn and Michael are both such amazing individuals, and you captured that with these photos!!!

34. amanda thiessen

March 19th, 2010 at 5:35 pm

amazing! i love these colors 🙂

35. Heather LaBone

March 19th, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Jasmine….you will be in my neck of the words! How exciting. I am shooting a wedding on 10-10-10!!!
    Love the photos as always!!

36. Kristina N

March 19th, 2010 at 5:42 pm

I LOVE THESE SO MUCH! Jasmine you did an amazing job of capturing this wonderful couple that is so full of love for each other. And what a stunning background you had!

37. anda

March 19th, 2010 at 5:46 pm

i love her red hair sooo much. i also love everything about this session, because, well, it’s in the desert. and it snowed and it was your first snowfall. now you know what it’s like for the majority of the country shooting sessions in the winter 🙂 my favorites are the b&w’s in the road.

38. Karen Taggart

March 19th, 2010 at 5:51 pm

The stormy day made it that much more dramatic. Beautiful as usual!!!

39. Laurie Bracewell

March 19th, 2010 at 5:55 pm

I love these! The beautiful setting, the moody skies. Just gorgeous! And, maybe I’m a little biased because they are from Virginia. 😉

40. joan.solitario

March 19th, 2010 at 5:56 pm

YOU GOT TO SEE SNOW FALLING!? LUCKY!! And beautiful photos! you make the desert a great place to shoot.

41. Kellie

March 19th, 2010 at 5:58 pm

These are stinkin’ cute! You did a beautiful job as always and I love the fact it was your first SNOW!! How cool was that!! I live in KY and while at WPPI it was warmer at home than in the middle of the desert! What was up with that!!!? Your presentation was also the highlight of my trip .. my one reason for making my reservations and you stood above and beyond my expectations! I left feeling enlightened and inspired! <3 Kellie

42. melody steigerwald

March 19th, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Your amazing Jasmine, I love these in MY back yard, you inspire me!

43. Lesley Barr

March 19th, 2010 at 6:00 pm

I live in Las Vegas and the weather was freaky the week of WPPI. Leave it to you to make our barren, semi ugly desert beautiful! Gorgeous photos as always.

44. shannon h.

March 19th, 2010 at 6:01 pm

jasmine, these are gorgeous!! i totally get how fun it was to shoot there. i had never done it either until my session there. sooo inspiring!! these are absolutely stunning!!

45. Jamie Sheasby

March 19th, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Thank you Katelyn for recommending you to such an amazing place. Your shots as always are fantastic. I love those rocks.

46. Debbie Gayle

March 19th, 2010 at 6:08 pm

These are GREAT! They made me have to look at them as adults instead of the kids from church.

47. Elisabeth Carol

March 19th, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Gah! Gorgeous!!! I adore her hair! What a precious couple!

48. kristin @ the treasured petal

March 19th, 2010 at 6:14 pm

love the cute, preppy attire against the rough, scraggly background. it makes for lovely, memorable pics! btw, i miss you lots!

49. Kelsey

March 19th, 2010 at 6:17 pm

She is such a sweet heart. Met her at your WPPI Class 🙂 Your rocked our Las Vegas Desert! Nice job!

50. Stephen LaBelle

March 19th, 2010 at 6:19 pm

J*! FABULOUS, can’t believe it snowed in Vegas. Michael and Katelyn look amazing, you are amazing, cant wait till you come to Caroline for the wedding of the Century, and bring Polo!

51. Emily Dobson Photography

March 19th, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Who knew the desert could be so GORGEOUS?! Beautiful pictures.

52. Megan Eckers

March 19th, 2010 at 6:29 pm

I feel like you should have a shirt that, on the front, would say something like: Rain? Snow?! And then on the back it would say: No big deal. I got this.

You rock!

53. Stephanie Greenwell

March 19th, 2010 at 6:30 pm

These are beautiful! Love the dark skies!

54. Janelle Vano

March 19th, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Beautiful job…as always 🙂

55. Magen

March 19th, 2010 at 6:38 pm

WOWZA! These are GORGEOUS! I haven’t ever commented on your blog before, but I’ve been stalking it for a while…. your work is amazing, and you are truly inspiring. Thank you Jasmine!

56. jamie delaine

March 19th, 2010 at 6:50 pm

YOU TWO ARE SUCH CUTIES. i just love them. katelyn that second outfit of yours is killerrrrrr.

57. Megan (Best of Fates)

March 19th, 2010 at 6:51 pm

My goodness, before now I never realized I want to take my engagement photos in the desert. It’s just gorgeous there! (And is enhanced by your photography skills!)

March 19th, 2010 at 7:04 pm

I met Katelyn in the bathroom at WPPI and introduced myself by saying "you look really familiar." Duh, I had seen her sneak peek here! Love her and her style! Cannot wait to see their fabulous wedding in pictures!

59. Kayleen T.

March 19th, 2010 at 7:06 pm

I love her outfits and these pictures!

60. Melissa Papaj Photography

March 19th, 2010 at 7:13 pm

What an awesome session…, I too have shot a few sessions in the desert here in Utah and was amazed at how fun they can be 🙂 Great work, as always Jasmine!

61. s h e r r y

March 19th, 2010 at 7:20 pm

What an amazing location! These are fab!! I love the one where Katelyn is laughing super hard <3

62. Ashley Daniell

March 19th, 2010 at 7:22 pm

Such beautiful photos as always! And, I may be biased, but I LOVE Katelyn’s hair!

63. CHRIS CORNWELL

March 19th, 2010 at 7:25 pm

How ‘LUCKY’ are you to photograph in such conditions!? Katelyn is such a cutey and I have the privilege of being photographed by her along with Stephanie Fay! She is the sweetest! Great pics!!

64. Jessie

March 19th, 2010 at 7:34 pm

these are great! I love your work. So funny, we were out at Red Rock that same day while it started snowing up there!!

65. Brian Ray

March 19th, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Nice work. You made the best of some ugly clouds. Very moody, but fun!

66. feuza

March 19th, 2010 at 7:59 pm

I met Katelyn during photogunite and she has such a passion for God and is so so sweet! she said she had a blast doing this shoot! and you all sure worked it and made it happen! troppers and they loo great

67. Bianca

March 19th, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Sister, you make a desert look SEXY. I [heart] you more than taxi drives, inspirational conversations, and stolen books. xoxo

68. Pamela Cunneen

March 19th, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Beautiful work. Whenever you come to Sydney Australia I want to learn from you!!!!!

69. Jimmy Moncrief

March 19th, 2010 at 8:41 pm

OFF THE FREAKING CHAIN JASMINE! I love the background!

70. Stephanie Stewart

March 19th, 2010 at 9:03 pm

What a cool engagement session! Love the location, and to rock all those adverse weather conditions! Way to work it! Love that last one, they just pop!

71. Christa

March 19th, 2010 at 9:04 pm

I love the picture of the grass & rock. Such a simple detail but part of that experience. Love it!

72. Inge Skliros

March 19th, 2010 at 9:07 pm

Wonderful images Jasmine! Every one is a winner!!!

73. Marissa Rodriguez

March 19th, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Omg these are amaaaaaaazing! I love the scenery! They are just perfect!!!

74. Meg

March 19th, 2010 at 9:25 pm

Love these!!! What a fun landscape to work with! xoxo

75. Juli L.

March 19th, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Beautiful! Great shots in the desert!

76. Stephanie Fay

March 19th, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Ok. Katelyn and Michael, you both are adorable. I want to squeeze you BOTH! Jasmine- you did an awesome job…. LOVE EM!

77. Leora Shiff

March 19th, 2010 at 10:13 pm

loveeee this post!!! amazing landscape!!

78. Mandy

March 19th, 2010 at 10:24 pm

Wow, wow, wow…I just went through the pictures for the third time! I’ve never been to the desert before, and I never thought it could be such a dramatic, gorgeous place for engagement pics! KK and Michael, you two are truly beautiful people and I am SO honored to know you and call you friends! 🙂 I just can’t wait for 10/10/10!!! Great job Jasmine Star..you are an amazing photographer!

79. Terra Dawn

March 19th, 2010 at 10:42 pm

It was SO cold!!! lol. What happened to the summer?? lol. I hope you had fun at WPPI….

And your image are fabulous!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun….(oh…and that is the cutest yellow sweater EVER).

80. denise karis

March 19th, 2010 at 11:04 pm

these are lovely! i love their outfits – the black and white ones are my faves

81. Tara

March 19th, 2010 at 11:25 pm

These are AWESOME! And it was fah-reezing down there!! And snow? Come spend December to February here in Northern Utah. 🙂 But you seriously rocked this session out. great job!

82. Inland Empire Wedding Photographer

March 20th, 2010 at 12:19 am

This shoot was so fab~ I love her second outfit! I can tell after this shoot you will be traveling the world shooting I many exotic locations~

83. Angel Pope

March 20th, 2010 at 12:49 am

OK, let me guess. 50 mm 1.2 shot wide open the entire time??? I have been practicing so hard with mine and don’t even come close to what you get!!!! GAH–I’m so frustrated.

But you Rock, as always!

84. Jessica Willis

March 20th, 2010 at 1:06 am

way to go j*. i absolutely love that you had no idea how to deal with the snow. that’s adorable and i *LOVE* katelyn’s yellow/blue/boots outfit!

85. Michelle Cross

March 20th, 2010 at 2:27 am

GAH! You made the J* blog! You go girl!

86. Jewelielyn

March 20th, 2010 at 2:30 am

this just proves yet again that you do not need california sunshine to shoot awesome photos! and i love her brightly colored cardigans. i <3 her style!

87. Melody

March 20th, 2010 at 3:42 am

Wow…these are great! Katelyn is such a sweetheart…these really show their spirits…you captured who they are! Can’t wait to see the wedding photos!!

88. Amy Paulson

March 20th, 2010 at 3:52 am

Now that I’ve finally come clean and admitted to stalking your blog, I’ve got to say…you are one ridiculously talented lady. But who you are as a person…breathtaking.

89. Patti

March 20th, 2010 at 3:58 am

I am truly amazed that you have NEVER seen snow fall from the sky. Brent and I were happily soaking up WPPI from the inside of MGM and were totally oblivious that it was snowing until we went to the B School Party that night and a friend told us it had snowed. I am sure we brought it from Canada!!! Brent and I will have to get married in November so you can come work your magic in the snow… 🙂

90. -brittany-

March 20th, 2010 at 4:06 am

Jasmine…you had never witnessed snow falling before?!?!?! That is crazy! 🙂 These pictures are fantastic and one would never no that you three were fighting off crazy weather. The last shot is my absolute fav!!!

91. Jeanette

March 20th, 2010 at 6:01 am

They are truly awesome!! Wow!

92. Linda Sherrill

March 20th, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Absolutely fantastic! Loved the "I’ve never seen snow fall from the sky" comment. Now you have!

93. Charity DellaCamera

March 20th, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Katelyn You are gorgeous and I’m def going to need to know where your shoes came from 🙂 You look beautiful, cannot wait for wedding time!!!

94. Mom

March 20th, 2010 at 5:23 pm

Jasmine, your "first time" desert pictures were wonderful. Very different. Beautiful couple!

95. Alison Neumark

March 20th, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Adorable couple! I love your outfits! Katelyn, the blue and yellow outfit with boots is awesome on you! And I love his aqua shirt with navy tie. The pictures aren’t half bad either 😉

96. Bobbi & Mike Alsop

March 20th, 2010 at 8:28 pm

WOW!!! Are those our two little toddlers all grown up? What a great backdrop to showcase two wonderful lives. We’re so proud of you both. Great pictures Jasmine!!! Look forward to meeting you 101010!!!

97. Karen (Mikols) Bonar

March 20th, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Oh Jasmine …. I had to pause and have a 30 second laugh break when I read about ‘never seen snow fall from the sky’ … how priceless!!!! 🙂

98. Alicia Damron

March 20th, 2010 at 10:45 pm

I love this couple and I don’t even know them. They look so good together, and this next statement is going to expose me for the nerd I am, but they look like a grown-up version of Ginny Weasly and Harry Potter. I love it!

99. Valerie

March 20th, 2010 at 11:38 pm

It’s really cool to see your shots from the desert. I live in the desert so I don’t always relate to the beautiful green scenery that most people shoot in. These are great! I’m inspired!

100. Michelle Hebert

March 21st, 2010 at 2:06 am

Wow….you are truly a girl from S. Ca! Before I moved out of L.A, I never saw snow fall, believed anything below 70 degrees was cold, and if I saw a storm coming, I would crawl back in bed with my jammies. But….you however had MAD skills and still took some amazing pictures! These are beautiful and I am proud that you endured jacket weather during a photo shoot…hehe! Thanks for sharing J*

101. britney fitz

March 21st, 2010 at 4:47 am

j* these are absolutely fabulous! i love the scenery and innovative photo opt. you are CNU favorite photographer to stalk via blog. Katelyn James you are the most brilliant up-and coming photographer who will show the world pure talent! i love u and Michael’s pictures. can not WAIT for #tententen 🙂

102. Carrie Ayn

March 21st, 2010 at 5:22 am

Seriously. Stunning. =)

103. jenny

March 21st, 2010 at 7:36 am

snow is so fun when it’s not cold 😛 Tell JD to take you to whistler next winter !

104. melissa oholendt

March 21st, 2010 at 2:49 pm

I love it every time you photograph a redhead. Fabulous. Just pure fabulousness.

105. Katie Whitcomb

March 21st, 2010 at 5:39 pm

I swear you have the cutest clients ever..

106. Kelley B

March 21st, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Love the pictures!!! What a beautiful couple 🙂 Katelyn- I love these pictures!!!!!!

107. Denise Saucedo

March 21st, 2010 at 11:04 pm

What an adorable couple. You always know how to capture the "realness". I love it!!! LOOOOOVE the sky…so fierce looking!!

108. Sandy H.

March 22nd, 2010 at 12:00 am

This is my first time to leave a comment even though I visit your website often. These pictures are gorgeous! I love Katelyn’s outfits and want that blue dress of hers! 🙂 Congrats to the happy couple!

109. laetitia

March 22nd, 2010 at 1:05 am

I love the last picture where she is wearing a dress… and also the last picture with her boots… I wish I could take pictures in this seanery…

110. Tim Hind

March 22nd, 2010 at 8:51 am

Photographing another photographer – my worst nightmare! Great images, they must have been delighted.

111. Kristi Schneider

March 22nd, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Beau-ti-mous! He can work it too. Although something tells me he has had some "c’mon, will you pose like this for me, just this once for practice… PUHLEAASSSEEE?!", kinda practice! Oh what we ask from our men! Great pictures j! Kaetlyn & Michael, they are awesome! I love the "pop" in what you wore. The backdrop was gorgeous! Sure won’t find that ’round these here Va-jin-ya parts! Jasmine, can’t wait to see what you do for their wedding!

112. Lindsay

March 22nd, 2010 at 3:00 pm

I LOVE the clothing choices. They are gorgeous and perfectly my taste. I want to look like Katelynn! 🙂

113. Jessica Beale

March 22nd, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Jasmine, these pictures are phenomenal!!! You were able to capture KK and Michael so well in both your pictures and the story behind it all. So excited to meet you on 10.10.10!!!

114. Photographer Birmingham

March 23rd, 2010 at 4:14 am

all photos looks so superb, and clothing choice love this.

115. Emily Scott

March 23rd, 2010 at 4:52 am

HOLY GORGEOUS. Katelyn, you are as beautiful inside as you are outside. Jasmine, you are amazing.

116. brooke bowland

March 23rd, 2010 at 7:29 am

okay…seriously? seriously. i am in love and a wee tiny bitty bit envious. these are stunning. as are your models!

117. Hannah Lundberg

March 23rd, 2010 at 7:57 am

Oh, wow, Jasmine – these are so beautiful! I love the last three. The sky looks so gorgeous and dramatic – I love me some thunder clouds!

118. Brian Mullins

March 23rd, 2010 at 6:52 pm

Lovely e-session Jasmine! You can really see how comfortable your couple is working with you! The photos turned out great!

119. Abra Michelle

March 24th, 2010 at 5:24 am

YEP! Wow as usual. These are absolutely phenomenal.

120. Sarah H.

March 24th, 2010 at 5:30 am

oh my goodness. these portraits are absolutely stunning! KK and Michael, you two look so good! can’t wait to see what the wedding photos will look like! 10.10.10 is gonna be awesome!

121. Ashe-Monique Wint

March 24th, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Love these pics and her leopard print heels are very RAWR!!! I need a pair of those! wonder where they’re from?

122. cassandra-m

March 25th, 2010 at 8:38 pm

GOGEOUS pics…wow. The light is perfect for shooting and the clouds in the background are crazy beautiful. I love the location. awesome j*!

123. Rima

March 26th, 2010 at 9:27 pm

OMG….love this location and pictures JUST awesome…

124. Emily @ Southern Weddings

March 30th, 2010 at 9:22 pm

Love these!! And love that you’ll be shooting in Virginia this year… that’s Southern Weddings territory! 🙂

125. Nate

March 31st, 2010 at 2:03 am

10.10.10
    Can’t wait.
    So good you guys!

126. Sylwia

April 1st, 2010 at 9:19 am

I LOOOVE the light, the location, the couple, and simply everything about this photographs!

127. Janie

June 8th, 2010 at 2:27 am

OMG….I just met with Katelyn…I’m going to design the florals for her and Michael’s wedding…Jasmine, I’m going to finally meet you..I’m so excited and Katelyn is a sweetheart!!!..see you in Octobler Jasmine…xoxo

128. Abby Grace

September 28th, 2011 at 7:31 pm

This whole session makes my heart happy. I especially love her second outfit! Gorgeous work. I love Katelyn’s photography, so it’s fun to see her work it in front of the camera too!