Terranea Wedding : Erica + Brian

Photography

She sat on an overstuffed chair, her hair pressed in curls, with tears streaming down her face. She held his letter and lightly touched his hand-written words. He reminded her of their love…he promised her forever…he swore his love and devotion. Erica held the letter in her hands and wiped her tears. Their wedding day had finally arrived.

Surrounded by their closest family and friends, Erica approached Brian at the altar and the breeze brought in new beginnings. The Pacific ocean caressed the sandy shores of Palos Verde and their love seeped into even the deepest crevices of the Terranea Resort. Erica looked radiant in her wedding dress, but a special accoutrement was her mother’s ring. After losing their home in a fire a few years ago, Erica’s father discovered the ring in a pile of ashes. It was one of the few things that survived the blaze. The amethyst stone was originally purple, but the fire changed it to a soft yellow hue.

Erica and Brian…thank you for the distinct honor of being your wedding photographer. It’s been a joy working with you both and I have no doubt life is going to be even sweeter for the both of you. Your day was perfect and I couldn’t have dreamt of a better experience. Hope you’re having a blast on your honeymoon and I wish you only the best! Much Love and Appreciation… j*

The wedding day couldn’t start any better…a pair of Jimmy Choos and Badgley Mischka

The florals were designed by R. Jack Balthazar and I was thrilled to work with them again…they’re work always blows me away!

Erica wore a stunning Melissa Sweet wedding gown…

Erica and Brian just moments before their First Look…

Erica and Brian weren’t going to see each other before the ceremony, but changed their minds a few weeks before the wedding. Their wedding was full of details and and events, so they wanted to make sure they allotted plenty of time for me to capture everything. I lovelovelove this moment of their First Look

Erica, you’re stunning…

While I was getting these photos…

…JD was getting this photo….

A classic wedding portrait still gets me…

The wedding day was extremely windy and bright at Terranea, but Erica and Brian were troopers and rocked it out…I love them!

Gorrrrrge!

Erica kept a locket with pictures of her grandparents on her bouquet…

Ceremony time along Terranea offers gorgeous views of the Pacific…

JD’s view of the First Kiss…

While JD was getting this photo…

…I was at the end of the aisle getting these photos…

After the ceremony, we took ten minutes to capture more wedding photos along the beach of the Terranea Resort…and the sunset light was just perfect!

Now onto one of my favorite parts of the wedding day…detail photos!

The wedding was coordinated by the uber fabulous CARAVENTS…Erin and Cara did an amazing job with the ebb and flow of the day and I’m extraordinarily thankful to have worked with a team who understands the power of collaboration…love them!

When I walked into the ballroom, it literally took my breath away. R. Jack Balthazar rocked it out like none other and I could’ve photographed every detail for ten more hours!

The First Dance with lovely video light from Elysium…my most favorite videography company. Ever. Seriously, ever. I adore working with them!

JD captured this photo of Brian and he looks so proud…

Toasts…

I HAD to give a MAJOR shoutout to The Spazmatics, a fabfabfab 80s cover band. They kept the party rocking all.night.long…I want to throw a party just so I can dance to their music again!

Okay, so these glasses? Makes me feel like this photo was taken in 1987!

To see more of Erica and Brian’s Terranea Resort wedding, CLICK HERE for a slideshow!

comments

1. The real L.A. love story.

August 30th, 2010 at 6:05 pm

hey that’s jennifer aniston’s sister! πŸ™‚

love the cake, uniquely artsy but classy too.

2. Denise G.

August 30th, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Gorgeous, as always! The photo on the beach took my breath away! And the reception room–wow!

3. Andrea

August 30th, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Wow, gorgeous wedding! Bride and groom are just too beautiful. Bride looks like Jennifer Aniston! Love the cake and all the beautiful details. J* you did an amazing job capturing the way the ceremony and reception "feels."

4. Nicola Ferguson

August 30th, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Gorgeous as always Jasmine. x

5. Heather

August 30th, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Love these photos!
    What amazing details and the shoes and the dress….and everything about it! Love! πŸ™‚

6. Leya

August 30th, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Absolutely stunning Jasmine. I am coming out of the shadows to say Hi..watched CreativeLIVE, you were fabulous..

7. Melanie Rose

August 30th, 2010 at 6:21 pm

Amazing. Your detail and bride portrait shots always get me! The creamy bokeh you get with that 1.2 is to diiiie for.

8. Andrea Worley

August 30th, 2010 at 6:21 pm

Beautiful wedding! Love the classic wedding shot! Erica looks like Jennifer Aniston

9. angel pope

August 30th, 2010 at 6:21 pm

LUVS

10. Mariel

August 30th, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Gorgeous wedding images and LOVE the Spazmatics! They play here in Austin every Wednesday πŸ™‚

11. jen

August 30th, 2010 at 6:22 pm

beautiful!

12. Tiffany Lauderdale

August 30th, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Jasmine,

What a beautiful job!! As with all of your work, you captured the gorgeous details so perfectly! I’m a details girl myself, and your photos are amazing!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! ~ Tiffany

13. Sara

August 30th, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Okay… some of those first look photos took my breath away. I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!

I also LOVE the cake — it’s unique, it’s different, and I LOVE IT

14. Mary Ashford

August 30th, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Fabulous Jasmine – love the First Look, flowers, the dress and the venue dressing – gorgeous – Best, Mary;o) x

15. Emily Kirk

August 30th, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Beautiful wedding!!!! Can’t help but notice, that Laura wore the same Jimmy Choos!

16. Amandalynn

August 30th, 2010 at 6:23 pm

This whole wedding is gorgeous of course, but I love, love, LOVE the shoes on the dresser! The color and contrast are fantastic, but also the way they’re "walking" like footprints is so unique.

17. Dacia

August 30th, 2010 at 6:24 pm

These are fantastic….not that I would expect anything different….I was so fun to watch you on creative live too….Thanks for all the advice and will always love to see your stuff!!!

18. Teresa Hill

August 30th, 2010 at 6:25 pm

Stunning! And I just want to say thank you for the wonderful learning opportunity last week. I am currently working on my 3 words…I have simple(or simply), fresh, and modern stuck in my mind. Thinking of a tagline such as "Simply Fresh Photography for your Modern Life" Whatcha think? Others, feel free to let me know as well! Thanks and Jasmine, Thanks again for opening up for all of us to learn this past week! Prayers are with you!

19. Khaled Mosli

August 30th, 2010 at 6:26 pm

Beautiful images as usual! there is a so much to say..but to make it short, my wife, Mariana Mosli, and I enjoyed the amazing workshop on creative live and this "Comments" box is too small to mention all the joy and words that you and JD put in so many peoples’ lives! πŸ™‚ God bless you guys and thank you!

20. Emory

August 30th, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Wildly Beautiful couple! And Jasmine the details in this wedding are amazing! Great work!

21. Melissa Gingras

August 30th, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Great photos Jasmine! You are so talented..I love your work!

22. Emily Dobson

August 30th, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Gorgeous, as always! Especially like the one along the beach…so pretty!

23. Angie Mack

August 30th, 2010 at 6:29 pm

J* ~ God truly communicates through pictures. He uses you to capture people, places, and things through His eyes…so that we can be blessed to see it. The details…aww…the details! I’m drooling over every. single. picture! I so appreciate your (and JD) God-given gifts and talents as well as your unconditional love for people. xoxo, Angie (@threestrands)

24. Amber

August 30th, 2010 at 6:29 pm

These are beautiful J*. You never cease to amaze me with your amazing talent and beautiful words. p.s. I didn’t get to watch all the details live this past weekend, but I caught every bit that I could. Thank you!!

25. Liz

August 30th, 2010 at 6:29 pm

After hearing your on-line class, reading your post and watching the slide show means more because I understand what you/how you do it.
    I think my best compliment for you on this slideshow is that you’re true to yourself. I’m a fan. πŸ™‚

26. Alicia Swedenborg

August 30th, 2010 at 6:31 pm

The beach portrait rocks!! And so does JD – great work! (J – you always rock) πŸ™‚

27. Linda

August 30th, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Beautiful! FYI the link from the slideshow to your website is broken.

28. nadya

August 30th, 2010 at 6:34 pm

what a beautiful wedding, i love how you wrote the intro, so romantic! And the story about her ring, how ironic! Beautiful photos as always!

29. Rita Bomberry

August 30th, 2010 at 6:36 pm

Absolutely lovely wedding and gorgeous photos! I love your style!

30. Feuza

August 30th, 2010 at 6:37 pm

oh wow what light inside the reception and oh the details breath taking, hope you are getting some rest after an epic week

31. Malvina

August 30th, 2010 at 6:39 pm

Beautiful pictures! I love the details shots and amazingly Erica and Brian look so relaxed. Great work (once again)

32. Malvina

August 30th, 2010 at 6:40 pm

33. Janete

August 30th, 2010 at 6:40 pm

jasmine!! these are such beautiful photos!! you truly have an amazing gift to capture the beauty of the moment! i just have to add, i spent the past 5 days watching you on creative live!! and even though i’m not a wedding photographer, i learned SO much! thank you thank you thank you!!

34. Carissa

August 30th, 2010 at 6:43 pm

your photos get better every time. i looove her cake! and i can’t thank you enough for what you’ve done on creative live. i’m a better person and photographer for it. i hope you know just how much you’ve blessed others this past week.

35. Stephanie Stewart

August 30th, 2010 at 6:45 pm

After watching your creativeLIVE event the past few days, I can "hear" you telling me the story, while also show me in every detail. LOVE it! Gorgeous wedding, fabulous work, as always!

36. Joice

August 30th, 2010 at 6:46 pm

AWESOME!!!! PERFECT!!!

37. Linda

August 30th, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Hey Jasmine,

I love these photos!! The one of Brian at the ceremony looking in love in the slideshow made me tear up and think of my own wedding.

You rock! Keep on shining! πŸ™‚

38. Peter Hearl

August 30th, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Awesome Images Jasmine. I like the shoes, I always have trouble thinking of places to get good images. Great creativeLive, you rock. J.D also.

39. maureen

August 30th, 2010 at 7:11 pm

Jasmine – As always you captured every detail with elegance. All of your "words" truly showed as I looked the fabulous photos. You are a photography genius!!!!

40. Anouschka

August 30th, 2010 at 7:13 pm

Your work just blows me away every time! Gorgeous!

41. Anouschka

August 30th, 2010 at 7:13 pm

Your work just blows me away every time! Gorgeous!

42. courtney

August 30th, 2010 at 7:14 pm

I wonder how many times a day this beautiful woman gets told she looks like Jennifer Aniston?? LOL Gorgeous wedding photos.

August 30th, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Oh, that cake is so cool! All the details are simply amazing, but the cake does take the cake!

44. Malika Marie

August 30th, 2010 at 7:24 pm

the sunglasses are so rad!

45. Darci

August 30th, 2010 at 7:31 pm

Love the photos but the detail shots are always my favorite. You are by far my favorite photographer. So inspiring! Thank you!!

46. Joy

August 30th, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Yet another wedding you rocked out! I’m right there with taking detail shots until the cows come home — what? cows? lol but seriously, loooooove the details. i could shoot them forever.

amazing job, j*!

47. Ginger Murray

August 30th, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Beach portrait is my fave. Love Melissa Sweet. Reception details are amazing.

48. Ashley Madsen

August 30th, 2010 at 8:17 pm

WOW! Gorgeous is right!!! That black and white image outside where it looks like the sun is pretty bright, but you can’t tell by how it’s exposed. The details are stunning, and the dancing looks so fun. Great job again. After the creative live course I’m picturing you running around getting everything. It’s great.

49. Judy Richards

August 30th, 2010 at 8:20 pm

OK…. I want to go back in time and remarry my husband just so you can do our pictures. You are amazing. And I watched you on CreativeLive…amazing and so sweet!

50. LEOLAK

August 30th, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Gorgeous! Love her dress! The details are awesome…love the words on the cake too! Very cool all around! Great job as always!

51. Romonia Isaac

August 30th, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Beautiful!!!! You had me a Jimmy Choo!!! I absolutely love the details that they put into their wedding–gorgeous! Simply gorgeous. Erica & Brian, you are a beautiful couple and I wish you the absolute best in life and love. Jasmine and JD, you never cease to wow me with breathtaking images. You guys captured their day magnificently.

52. Tina

August 30th, 2010 at 8:50 pm

ANOTHER totoally awesome wedding. LOVE IT.. I told U had a new blog reader from Thomasville, Ga.. so keep it going girl. so many fine details on your branding.. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. Amazing work as always – KIR!!! Your friend in Thomasville, Ga. Cheers ~ Tina

53. Carrie K

August 30th, 2010 at 9:56 pm

I swam with Brian in High School! That is about as good as I’ve ever seen his water polo hair. Well done J*!

54. Tanya Little

August 30th, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Amazing, as usual. πŸ™‚ Really loving the locket on the bouquet.. so heartwarming.. And an adorable ginger girl you have there.. haha

55. Marissa Nicole

August 30th, 2010 at 10:13 pm

It is so cool to see these photos after seeing you in the creativeLive wedding. It is almost like I can envision where you where standing and yada yada yada. Great job…you really do have an eye for the styling and capturing fo the detail shots.

56. Kumu

August 30th, 2010 at 10:21 pm

After watching CreativeLive everyday, I just have to say that I have learned a great deal, about the business, you, and your style. I found myself reading this blog and relating every picture to everything you and JD have said. So Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

57. Studio Hera Bell

August 30th, 2010 at 10:27 pm

I am in love with your detail shots Jasmine. The locket’s detail with the bouquet, the way you placed the shoes…

Where were you years ago when I used to edit magazines?

You rock girl.

Cheers, Hera Bell

58. Serendipity Photography

August 30th, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Beautiful wedding! I especially love the lighting and the details.

59. E Schumann Foto

August 30th, 2010 at 10:33 pm

The ballroom detail shots are absolutely amazing. The amount of color and overall ambience are absolutely amazing. You captured those details perfectly. I especially love the pin-lighting on the cake , and I only know this because of creativeLIVE πŸ˜‰

60. Lourdes

August 30th, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Hi Jasmine! loooved the pictures! after seeing you and JD in creativelive these past 5 days I feel like I know what you were thinking and wanting to capture in every shot. Thank you so much for sharing every detail, every "secret" of your job, you just don’t have an idea how useful everything has been… THANK YOU! cheers from Belgium!

61. Erica Velasco

August 30th, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Love the theme of this wedding…super cute posing in the wedding chairs

62. Sandy a la Mode

August 30th, 2010 at 11:02 pm

jasmine! i LOVE the reception table photos, hehe i remember them from the sneak peak during creativelive! πŸ™‚ this was such a BEAUTIFUL wedding and i love how you told the story through these pictures!

63. Shannon Gray

August 30th, 2010 at 11:02 pm

Amazing shots! The colors were amazing and the whole theme was great!! Love it!

64. brittani

August 30th, 2010 at 11:27 pm

hahaa!!

Looks like a super fun and fab wedding!!

The details were great!! The bride was gorgeous. You have shown me the first look.
    I love it. =)

65. Jaymie Darden

August 30th, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Your words give me chills! I love reading your blog. You are such a great story teller with your words and pictures! Bravo!

66. justine

August 30th, 2010 at 11:38 pm

beautiful wedding. does anyone else think Erica resembles Jennifer Aniston?

67. Katie I.

August 30th, 2010 at 11:46 pm

Stunning Wedding. I can just imagine you editing these while in Seattle. Thanks for all you do and sharing your amazing work and talent with everyone:)

68. Kate

August 31st, 2010 at 12:06 am

Fabulous shots as always, Jasmine. I love your blog and I had to comment today because I absolutely love your words "Love, much like her ring, changes through life’s fiery moments, but still manages to remain beautifully intact when you’re willing to search for it amongst the ashes."

69. kristen mintz

August 31st, 2010 at 12:33 am

these are beautiful! And I’ve seen the Spazmatics before- SO MUCH FUN! We love them. This sounds like it was a really fun wedding!

70. Fabulousterrah

August 31st, 2010 at 12:44 am

Wow, what a beautiful wedding! I love all of the details and you captured each one perfectly. β™₯

71. Kristen

August 31st, 2010 at 12:59 am

Great detail shots!

72. Melanie @ Whimsical Creations

August 31st, 2010 at 1:01 am

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

73. Gabriel Gastelum

August 31st, 2010 at 1:27 am

The details are exceptional! I love how you capture everything.

Also, life should be one giant 80’s cover band πŸ˜‰

74. Stephanie Castillo

August 31st, 2010 at 1:41 am

LOVE LOVE the details!!!! Always my faves πŸ™‚

75. lisa

August 31st, 2010 at 1:51 am

Beautiful pictures!! I loooovve the picture that overlooks the whole scene !! Were you on the roof???!!

76. Renee Swigert

August 31st, 2010 at 2:07 am

Goshβ€”that locket on the flower bouquet is a ‘why didn’t I think of that’ idea. My grandma passed away before she was able to see me marry, and it would have been great to incorporate her memory more into the wedding. What a great photo detail you captured with that!

77. Karen

August 31st, 2010 at 2:33 am

Gorgeous photographs! The bride looks so much like Jennifer Aniston!

78. Jennifer K. in South Carolina

August 31st, 2010 at 2:40 am

This wedding made me cry! I totally teared up looking at the gorgeous shots, especially the detail ones! SO wonderful. You are amazing Jasmine! The bride is beautiful, she looks like Jennifer Aniston!

79. Holly

August 31st, 2010 at 2:49 am

Gorgeous pictures… Erica resembles Jennifer Aniston!

80. Chad Pennington

August 31st, 2010 at 3:25 am

Was that the husband in the last images – He looks so reserved in the others. Bravo to them. The details were crazzzzzzzzzzzzzy.

In a good way guys

81. Hollis

August 31st, 2010 at 3:58 am

Hello Jasmine. I saw you on creative live, and you can add me to your list of many admirers. It seems like I can almost see you and JD at work, and feel your passion in these photos. They are beautiful.

I have no interest in being a professional photographer, but you have inspired me, and my joy for the hobby is even stronger now.

Keep up the great work. I wish you and JD all the best.

82. MARYriordan

August 31st, 2010 at 4:18 am

Amazing photos! I just wanted to thank you for an incredible job with Creative Live and the wedding. It was very inspiring to watch you in action. I learned a lot about myself as a photographer and I have to thank you for that. Also, because I watched I won a Leathers Craftsmen album and I can’t stress enough how much it will help me and my business. I’ve never had anything printed and so this is an exciting experience. Again, I can’t thank you enough for what you’ve done to change my life. GOD BLESS!

83. Johanna Perales

August 31st, 2010 at 5:16 am

Jasmine! I was at WPPI Road trip in Seattle and I just have to say that I thought you were amazing from reading your blog, then I saw you on CreativeLive, and decided you are fabulous, but seeing you in person topped it all!! You were wonderful and so inspiring and all you had to say was just the perfect ending to the day. I had to leave right after you were done so I didnt get a chance to meet you, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for all that you do and for helping others find their voice. ~Your fellow "outgoing introvert" ;D

84. cassandra-m

August 31st, 2010 at 5:59 am

Seriously girl…another pair of Jimmy Choo shoes…is this a requirement for your brides? Ha ha…jk. Absolutely gorgeous photos….as always. And JD’s pics rock too πŸ™‚

85. Candy Whiting

August 31st, 2010 at 8:09 am

They are all amazing, I especially love the first kiss shot! The light is amazing.

86. Cape Town Wedding Photographer

August 31st, 2010 at 8:24 am

Love this wedding – especially the cake & Bouquet!

87. sarah

August 31st, 2010 at 10:05 am

i love the wind photos! they’re so alive!

88. ericaJ

August 31st, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Is it just me or is that bride Jennifer Aniston’s freaking sister!!?? Love love these photos as usual. Way to KIR in the most fabulous of ways!

89. Jenna

August 31st, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Love all of these! I am curious now about the ring, any pics?

90. Marta

August 31st, 2010 at 6:44 pm

BAM!!! to that sunset photo. I love the 80’s sunglasses. So fun.

91. Kristen- K.Leigh.Ford Photography

September 1st, 2010 at 1:03 am

Jasmine, these are absolutely stunning! I’m especially attracted to the beautiful detail photos!
    And thank you for your little comment on my blog. People are going nuts over it, and I really do appreciate it! Just sustains the wonderfulness that is Jasmine Star! πŸ˜€

92. Jennie Baer

September 1st, 2010 at 2:20 am

And you thought you we wouldn’t want to see it after your sneak peek during Creative Live!
    Wonderful job, it makes me wonder though if you would ever take time out to write a romance novel??? Love the intro. ;D

93. Erica Garza

September 1st, 2010 at 3:09 am

Your work is always to die for and I just love how MELLOW every one of your clients is around you. They just adore you and they chill knowing you and JD will get great images of their wedding day. Rock on sista!

94. James Reyes Photography

September 1st, 2010 at 5:09 am

Yay! So exciting to read this post after catching the sneak preview during Creativelive. I will be starting the frequent blogging thing this week (I hope… no no I will starting tomorrow).

95. Stephen Jackson

September 1st, 2010 at 6:02 am

Amazing work. A lot of people call themselves wedding photojournalists, but rarely do they actually tell the story of the wedding as you seem to do.

More than that – I’m glad my eyes are opened as to how a good wedding blog post is supposed to be structured and look like. I’m so used to seeing photographers say "here’s some pictures" and haphazardly throw them willy-nilly on the page.

96. John Johnston

September 1st, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Another stunner. Im a sucker for shoe shots and that one is brillaint.
    What a stunning venue also.

97. Becka @Studio222 Photography

September 1st, 2010 at 5:04 pm

Looks like a fun party! I love the tablescapes. πŸ™‚

98. Keith Simonian

September 2nd, 2010 at 10:39 pm

You’ve set the bar even higher with this wedding. Great job.

99. Colorado Wedding Photographers, JasonG

September 4th, 2010 at 5:06 am

Wow… Nice work! Amazingly consistent. Can’t imagine how you do ALL you do (at the same time)…. without compromising your photography for your clients.

100. Hannes Uys

September 4th, 2010 at 9:37 am

Killer!

101. neva

September 6th, 2010 at 1:07 pm

What a beautiful wedding)))

102. Truc

October 1st, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Awesome wedding! You and JD captured it perfectly!

103. Natalie Licini

May 6th, 2011 at 4:32 am

These rock! Love their energy!