The Anti-Workshop : Day Two

Love is just an excuse for people to be completely themselves — Jesh DeRox

We sat around on the top of a Seattle parking structure late last night and into early this morning. In the center of our circle was a couple pints of ice cream, six spoons, and plenty of philosopical dialogue. Fred Egan, Jessica, Shyla, Marisa, myself and the amazing Jesh DeRox spent time discussing the many layers of art, inspiration, love and the core of the soul. We laughed, debated, and challenged our beliefs and became better people because of it.

The early part of the day was spent in class soaking up inordinate amounts of knowledge and getting inspired by the Boutwell’s and John Michael Cooper. And the end of my day culminated with knowledge and inspiration surrounded by good friends.

Everyday I’m learning more about my craft, but–more importantly–about myself. It’s amazing.

I’m so happy Marisa brought her camera along to capture such an amazing evening…

1. jenna walker

June 21st, 2007 at 1:03 pm

jasmine! it looks like you are having an amazing time! aren’t late night talks the best? can’t wait to see more images from the workshop! I LOVE the new blog!!!

2. Melissa Koehler

June 21st, 2007 at 1:47 pm

I am jealous 🙂 I only wish I would have known about this great workshop!
    Thanks for sharing

3. J Sandifer

June 21st, 2007 at 2:11 pm

Anti is the new cool!

4. david baxter

June 21st, 2007 at 3:55 pm

wow! you are surrounded by serious talent!! i wished i would of been able to swing that workshop. maybe next time. the boutwells & jmc are incredibly inspiring as are you. love the night shots!

5. Maureen

June 21st, 2007 at 6:34 pm

What a star studded group! Sounds amazing & I am very jealous:-)

6. Jennifer

August 22nd, 2007 at 2:34 pm

my heart skips a beat reading this and looking at you all in a circle. WHOA, so much talent in one place. wow…I only wish to have been a bug or a bird or ANYTHING to have been a part of it.

7. Kay English

July 29th, 2009 at 1:39 am

omg omg omg!!! Now I’m so jealous! Had no IDEA you know Jesh! He’s like the greatest philosopher ever! His posts about life are incredible and he must be even cooler in person! Whoa!