The Camel is Featured on the [b] School Blog

The Camel is Featured on the [b] School Blog

Personal

Occasionally, my family calls me The Camel. And, no, I don’t have some crazy double-hump-thing on my back I’m trying to hide! I just drink a lot of water. A LOT. In fact, water is my favorite drink…I can’t get enough of the stuff! I’m not exaggerating when I claim to sleep with a jug of water by my bed. Not a cup, a JUG. Like I said, my family calls me The Camel.

When I was asked to be a part of the Thirst Relief Auction, I was honored. Not just because it’s a worthy cause to donate my time, but because water is the common thread that ties humanity together. It’s one of the few things we all need. And it’s a shame it’s something few people have the luxury to enjoy—because it is a luxury in more than half the world. Thirst Relief is actively campaigning against this notion and I’m honored to be standing along side such a great organization.

Because of your generous donations, I’ve reached about $400. THANK YOU! I’m humbled and flattered by your benevolence. The auction ends today at 5pm PST, so this is my last not-so-shameless plug to make a tax-deductible donation to hang out with me at WPPI in Las Vegas (or we can make it a phone conference if you’re not going to WPPI)! In addition to crafting a 90-minute session with me addressing whatever you’d like, you’ll also receive $250 to the ShowIt store. Suh-weet!

Feel free to CLICK HERE to make a bid on me! And, really, bidding wars are more than welcome! 😉

In other news, my good friend [b]ecker invited me to the his first guest on the The [b] School Blog! I have to admit that I was SOOOO nervous while we filmed (and it’s oh-so-painfully apparent!), but I had such a blast doing it! The cool news is The [b] School Blog divided my interview into separate parts, so be on the look out for more to come! I thought I got multiple episodes because I was so darn interesting, but [b]ecker informed me that I just talked too much! Nothing like a friend to keep you grounded!! 🙂

Happy Tuesday!

comments

1. Andrea -

Okay, seriously J*, it’s time to have your own workshop. And please tour the country.

🙂

2.12.08 - 4:30 pm

2. Shandon -

Andrea – I TOTALLY agree! When are you coming down to Florida, J??? =)

2.12.08 - 4:54 pm

3. Sarah Skow -

It was cool to see you in action after being a faithful blog reader for so long…. 🙂

And yes, I agree with Andrea. Why don’t you have a workshop? I am SO there!

2.12.08 - 5:16 pm

4. Tira J -

Hey Jasmine! You were great! And as always, your advice is great. I will be at the workshop as well when you have one. Have a great day!

2.12.08 - 5:31 pm

5. LW -

Can’t you see that we’re all begging for a workshop? DO IT, DO IT, DO IT! 🙂

2.12.08 - 6:23 pm

6. Jason -

Excellent! Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

2.12.08 - 6:31 pm

7. Bobbie -

After reading your blog every day for so long it was really cool to see you ‘live’. Great advice, can’t wait to see the rest!

2.12.08 - 7:15 pm

8. Amanda Elkins -

Hi sweety! I watched it last night…you are even cuter than I thought! 🙂 great interview…and amen to drinking lots of water…I drink at least 8 glasses a day! Love it!

2.12.08 - 7:55 pm

9. katealtmix -

ooo, a workshop! i love how honest you are, makes me feel like we’re friends, tho we’ve never met, but not in a creepy way…love!

2.12.08 - 8:14 pm

10. cassandra m -

I know you are an amazing person because of your writing…but WOW, how powerful you are when speaking. LOVE the interview with [b]. Seeing your personality evolve on your blog is amazing…seeing it in video is even more INSPIRING! Awesome! many prayers for your continued growth & success 😉

2.12.08 - 8:24 pm

11. Yazmin -

Yes!! A workshop and come to Chicago! 🙂 It was awesome to see you, is as if I know you already. Everyone loves you!

2.12.08 - 8:25 pm

12. cassandra m -

P.S….could i have used the word "amazing" just one more time…ha.ha. sorry, my post may have sounded corny, but THAT was the word that best described my thoughts…ha.ha.

2.12.08 - 8:27 pm

13. Erika -

So fun to se you almost "live"! /erika

2.12.08 - 8:43 pm

14. erin. -

The [b] school interview was great! It’s nice to see what was important as you were starting out!

2.12.08 - 11:31 pm

15. Melissa Koehler -

I loved the video on the b school. You are too cute!

2.12.08 - 11:36 pm

16. Shannon Post -

I loved the interview, I could tell you were nervous (plus you told us you were), but it made you even more human and like-able! I pictured you having a deeper (not manly by any means), but louder voice. I hope that doesn’t sound bad? 🙂 You’re great and so good at marketing yourself! An inspiration as always!

2.12.08 - 11:39 pm

17. Gena McMillan -

I loved the interview! It was very informative on how you think about Branding…thanks!

2.13.08 - 12:10 am

18. Debbie Bolton -

So fun! You are so cute! And I love your blog so keep on writing…

2.13.08 - 12:13 am

19. Jasmine* -

OMG!!! The auction got SO juicy in the last moments! The last I saw my bid was at $775, but then the site crashed…or something like that. Please try to be patient with Thirst Relief as they work hard at getting the site back and running. Thank you SOOO much for making this such a fun ride! 🙂

2.13.08 - 2:03 am

20. Araxi -

Congrats on the auction Jasmine! Loved both interviews with Becker you were great!

By the way your ring is so flippin cute!

2.13.08 - 5:03 am

21. Toni Snell -

Hi Jasmine! I had the winning bid when the auction "closed", only to be devastated a few hours later to find out we have to start again. I was so thrilled as I’ll be coming all the way from Australia for this opportunity. At least it will be fairer, and the cause is worthy, although I’m not so sure I’ll be as lucky this time around. You’re a popular girl!

2.13.08 - 5:47 am

22. Mark Barnes -

"…talk too much?" …no, not at all! Thank you for your willingness to share! I hope there are more installments.

2.13.08 - 6:03 am

23. Rochelle -

GO JASMINE!! CONGRATS!! $775. that’s great! 🙂 My mom just got back from Africa and was taking about the need for drinkable water! :*( We are so blessed! Great job lookin’ out and being willing to make a difference! :D, and cute video!! u only looked a little nervous in the beginning- I thought!
    Beckers a q.t.~ "tell me in 45 minutes or less why i’m so great!" lol.. Funny!

2.13.08 - 6:34 am

24. Bliss -

It’s been great "to listen to you" 😉

2.13.08 - 8:28 am

25. Bartek -

Hey J*, good luck with the auction and thanks so much for the [ b ] interview. I had a quick question…you say you use your 50mm f1.4 mainly for detail shots, why? Is it because the focusing distance is closer than other lenses without distorting?

2.13.08 - 2:09 pm

26. Jill -

I also love reading your blog on a daily basis. Would you be able to share with us who designed yours? Sorry if you’ve shared that information before and I missed it.

2.13.08 - 4:36 pm

27. Jasmine* -

@Jill: The ever fabulous and talented Brock Martin of http://www.infidesign.com designed my blog. Be sure to let him know I sent you his way…because, really, I love brownie points! 😉 @Bartek: I love the 50, 1.4 because I can shoot wide open to capture ambient light and not use flash. I also like the sharpness and fall off that the 50 gives! 🙂

2.13.08 - 5:32 pm

28. Barte -

Thanks for replying! =] But couldn’t you get similar results with the 28mm or the 85mm since you probably don’t shoot all your details @ 1.4?

2.13.08 - 5:52 pm

29. Christiana -

That was GREAT!! Great tidbits. You didn’t look nervous at all. For real.

2.13.08 - 6:08 pm

30. Tawsha Hannig -

Jasmine! I just watched it, you are so cute!

2.13.08 - 6:20 pm

31. Katherine Bowman -

Jasmine, this info was so helpful!! Thanks so much for sharing it! Love the jumbo ring! 🙂

2.14.08 - 1:53 am

32. Lisa Carpenter -

Jasmine, I have admired your work for some time now..but to see you ‘live’ on the [b] School Blog was great. You seem like SUCH a fun person and I wish you all the best. I want to be like you someday. haha.

2.14.08 - 1:49 pm

33. Simply Modern Weddings -

Congrats on the auction! Whoever had the winning bid will be so blessed to have the 90 min session with you!

2.14.08 - 3:24 pm

34. inga -

I drink lots and h20 too. And it’s also MY favorite drink! Nothing quenches your thirst better! Lol @ camel. I never leave a jug by my bed though. lol

2.14.08 - 5:36 pm

35. Tracy -

Hey Jasmine, loved seeing your interview with becker…loved hearing your take on branding. I agree the blog has been huge in my business as well and I’m not near as awesome of blogger as you! (not even in the same country) Thanks for being such a huge inspiration! I always feel like I can relate to you and your work? That’s just how friendly you come across in your writing.
    One question, is your blog template for sale? I only ask because I just recently saw another photographer with it? If it’s not let me know and I’ll send you the link to the imitator/copier.

2.21.08 - 7:29 pm