The LAPD Has Its Paws On Me

The LAPD Has Its Paws On Me

Personal

A couple nights ago I had dinner with my good friends David Jay, Allie, and Crystal. We started the meal quite late, so by the time the server cleared the edamame and discarded sushi, it was just past 11:30pm. Despite their pleas for me to stay with them in Santa Barbara and drive back to Orange County the following morning, I knew I had to get back that night.

So we said out goodbyes along State Street.

For the record, I love fast cars. I’m a total tomboy and once you get me started on horsepower and v8 engines, I’m in heaven. So you can just imagine my pleasure when I crept onto the 101 freeway just past midnight with no cars in sight. I floored my accelerated and sped along the Pacific Ocean easily at 90+ MPH. I was talking to JD on my cell when OUT OF NO WHERE I see red flashing lights pull up behind me.

I flung my cell across the car and started praying every prayer that could come to my mind…then pulled off the freeway.

After the cop received my insurance and license, I called David Jay to let him know about my escapade. Little did I realize he was RECORDING the whole conversation. Feel free to CLICK HERE to listen to the whole thing…including my fake tears as the cop writes my ticket!

With many thanks to my beautiful bride Roseann, I now have a permanent reminder to drive sloooooowly. Because her wedding was one day before my birthday, Roseann gave me a gift when I arrived to take her pictures. She’s SO amazing!! My little Polo is now my K-9 Patrol Pup, complete with a LAPD uniform…

So, yeah, I guess I won’t be caught speeding anymore…Polo’s all over it now! 😉

comments

1. jen harris -

I’m so sorry you got a ticket 🙁
    But Polo looks HAWT!! 🙂

4.11.08 - 9:18 pm

2. Kenuy Kim -

I’m glad you are okay though. I guess sometimes our lessons are costly! love the puppy! only DJ will record something like that! 🙂 Did he really go 150mph?! LOL.

4.11.08 - 9:19 pm

3. julie avina -

classic! where were you during service a while back when your father said "people who drive over 65 MPH should have their license revoked….driving is a privilege not a right". Pancho, handle it!

4.11.08 - 9:23 pm

4. Crystal -

That is the cutest thing ever!! LOL!!! hahaha

4.11.08 - 9:29 pm

5. Alicia -

you’re so cute! even after you get pulled over!

4.11.08 - 9:36 pm

6. Lydia -

Polo is a much cuter reminder than a ticket!

4.11.08 - 9:41 pm

7. Kristen Dawn -

oh my goodness! So funny, I’m glad you can laugh at yourself though, I probably wouldn’y have posted my convo haha. I think David should add some sub titles though, he could make a whole project out of this hahaha. Poor Jaz.

4.11.08 - 9:49 pm

8. Nena -

I want my own Polo!

4.11.08 - 10:32 pm

9. Chelsea Elizabeth -

Sorry to hear you got a ticket! I totally have a lead foot too … it’s way to fun to drive fast!

4.11.08 - 10:37 pm

10. Melissa Koehler -

First of all Polo is seriously so adorable!
    Second of all, you handled getting a ticket so well. I would have been bawling 🙂

4.11.08 - 10:50 pm

11. Tira J -

Polo is sporting’ some pretty fine apparel! The the audio of your convo with DJ was classic. I have cried my way out of a ticket a few times. The last ticket I got was on my own street! Ticket – $375.00 Traffic School – $99.00 Having your hubby get one the same week, Priceless! God Bless Law Enforcement!

4.11.08 - 10:56 pm

12. ally michele -

that stinks!! so funny at the same time! glad you made it home safe! 🙂 p.s. ur dog looks fab! PoPo ain’t got nothing on ur pup!

4.11.08 - 11:01 pm

13. Armin -

LOL, yeah I heard the recording on DJ’s blog — too funny. The fastest Jasmine I share your car enthusiasm, if we’re ever in the same neck of the woods we should race! 🙂

4.11.08 - 11:23 pm

14. jackie l -

that is so funny! don’t worry, I once got pulled over for speeding and because my radio was blasting, the cop had to speed up next to me to tell me to pull over! Polo looks adorable!

4.12.08 - 12:07 am

15. kerri mcconnell -

LOL. I can’t believe that DJ taped it. Classic though! I’ve gotten tons of people out of tickets by crying, etc. But, could I ever do it for myself… HECK NO!

4.12.08 - 1:01 am

16. albert -

just goes to show what good praying has to do with anything!

4.12.08 - 1:35 am

17. Jasmine* -

@Albert: Actually, my prayers DID work. I didn’t pray that I wouldn’t get a ticket (I mean, I was obviously wrong speeding!), I just prayed that the cop would be gracious. And he was. I was going over 90 MPH, but he only wrote the ticket for 80 MPH. Which I think was VERY fair. He was kind and thoughtful, and even escorted me back to the freeway (as I was unfamiliar with the area). Overall, my prayers did work! 🙂

4.12.08 - 1:44 am

18. david & kimi b ~ ohana photography -

honestly after the little shot with the vest/tie i didn’t think pizzle dizzle could get any cuter. i was wrong.

4.12.08 - 1:52 am

19. dean ray -

slow down girl, love the pup. too cute. there are those sharp pics again.WOW! love your work, awesome! and any othe adjective that apply.
    moments in time! dean

4.12.08 - 2:24 am

20. tish -

i agree w/dean ray…those are sharp pics! did you use the same camera&editing that you would for your wedding photos? or were these with your new point&shoot?

4.12.08 - 3:33 am

21. Dianna -

I was wondering when you were going to mention the ticket story 😉

4.12.08 - 5:22 am

22. chris -

i feel your pain, that stretch of the 101 is notorious, just about everyone in my family, including me, was busted along that stretch during my goucho days:(

4.12.08 - 6:59 am

23. Mary Jane -

Gotta love a man in uniform! LOL. xoxo

4.12.08 - 7:34 am

24. ricki ford -

That is to funny hearing what was going on. Not that you got a ticket. Hey Jasmine I am frends with a lot of state troopers on the east coast call me we will see if we can’t get it dropped . We will see how long the arm of the law is: )

4.12.08 - 1:55 pm

25. Thousand Hound -

Oh my goodness Polo looks just adorable. I know it’s probably supposed to look tough, but it’s really just darn cute.

4.12.08 - 4:00 pm

26. Stacy Cross -

Jas – I used to think that you were my favorite, but I must admit – you’ve been surpassed . . . .by Polo! He is the cutest little policeman in the universe!!

4.12.08 - 6:10 pm

27. Charming Events -

HA! I love the doggie’s outfit, that is just great. Sorry about the ticket though 🙁

4.13.08 - 1:03 am

28. kelly takuma -

LOL! What a way to end the night…I can totally relate. At least they (cops) were pretty nice about it in the end. Btw…LOVE Polo’s threads…how ‘fitting’ for the situation.

4.13.08 - 1:42 am

29. vanessa H -

OMG!!!! i just have no words!!!!! Que lindo!!!

4.13.08 - 6:58 am

30. Ginger -

I couldn’t even fake cry when I got my ticket! And then of course when the cop left i bawled! I was so mad at myself– I was like, "Why couldn’t I cry before!" haha!

Watch out for that fluffy cop… he looks fierce!

4.13.08 - 7:04 am

31. Gena McMillan -

ROFL that cracked me up! Thank goodness I haven’t gotten pulled over in 2 years, but I did hit a deer on the way home the other day…..I was bawling like a baby!

4.13.08 - 4:37 pm

32. Agnes -

Jasmine, dude, that sucks about the ticket but the cop was so nice to give it to you at 80. I think that’s where I got my last ticket too; going South on 101 from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles. Its the ONE spot. I didn’t fake cry though, long day but getting pulled over = real big fat tears = ticket at 80 when I drove 110.

Looooove the conversation David Jay recorded. So funny!!

And your pup is sooo adorable in that outfit. I just wanna borrow him for a day.

4.13.08 - 7:10 pm

33. Brian Khang -

You gotta stop posting pics of Polo, so cute! Helen really wants a dog now.

4.13.08 - 8:34 pm

34. Karen Mikols -

DJ was going 115???? What a goober.

4.14.08 - 12:05 am

35. Karen Mikols -

DJ was going 115???? What a goober.

4.14.08 - 12:05 am

36. Karen Mikols -

DJ was going 115? What a goober! Well, that totally stinks, but I feel better knowing there are other girls that cry (even if it’s fake!) and still get tickets. Makes me feel less lame. Oh, and when they have junior cop in training, I’ve learned I’m just SCREWED! THey’re doing it all by the book with junior along … so a ticket is inevitable. Glad he was nice about it … 80 …. not so bad.

4.14.08 - 12:07 am

37. Sarah Waller -

Hi there! This is Sarah, Crystal’s associate photographer. You’re pup is SO adorable! I’m actually about to start doing dog photography, haha! I’m so excited, puppies!!! I wish my doggie could wear cute little outfits but he’s about 70lbs so they don’t look as cute on him! I’m about to get a Great Dane too, yay! Anyway, just wanted to say hi!!
    Sarah

4.14.08 - 12:37 am

38. Natarsha -

Too cute!

4.14.08 - 8:57 am

39. zo belle -

omg i am going to eat him in my quesadilla with tapatio hen is sooooooo cute!!!

4.14.08 - 5:09 pm

40. zo belle -

omg i am going to eat him in my quesadilla with tapatio hen is sooooooo cute!!!

4.14.08 - 5:09 pm

41. zo belle -

oh sorry i think i spelled him wrong. hehe

4.14.08 - 5:09 pm

42. Robert -

aww reminds me of a dog I had when I was a kid

4.14.08 - 7:39 pm

43. Scarlett Lillian -

Awwww so stinkin’ cute!

4.15.08 - 5:07 pm

44. New York City Wedding Photographer -

I think DJ is a spy 😛

peace,
    parris whittingham

New York City Wedding Photography

4.16.08 - 8:55 am

45. cassandra m -

Mocha says he is jealous of Polo’s new smokin’ outfit…ha.ha.

4.17.08 - 2:53 pm

46. Matt Lange -

This is too awesome. What lens did you use for these? My dog may need a vest like this too.

4.18.08 - 7:50 pm