The U.S. Or Bust

The U.S. Or Bust

Personal

My good friend, David Jay, tagged me in a photo late last week on my Facebook Profile. At first I didn’t know what it was. No, no. I knew what it was, I just didn’t know what to do.

The reality of touring the United States hasn’t settled in, much less the idea that I’ll be living in the tour bus with a group of crazy people for the next month. We all have separate beds (I call dibs on a bottom bunk!), but I have to admit I’m a little leery about waking up in all my crumpled glory and trying to say Good Morning without opening my mouth to talk.

Speaking of verbal communication, I’m more than a little nervous to speak to SO many photographers throughout the tour! If you’d like to wave signs, toot noisemakers, or do the weird Arsenio Hall arm-twisting thing (Hoo-Hoo-Hoo) as I begin my presentation, it’d be much appreciated. I thought about making shirts and passing them out before I gave my presentation. They’d read: Picture Me Naked. Talk about taking the pressure off!

Speaking of shirts, David Jay is looking for Showit Ambassadors for every city along the tour route. Not only are you credited with bonus cool points, you get a shirt to let everyone know you’re special. Kinda like the milk monitor. But cooler. To get more info, contact the tour manager, Crystal: crystal@davidjay.com

Lastly, I want to give a special birthday shout out to the lovely and amazingly talented, Jessica Claire! Last night a few of us joined her in celebrating her 20-somethingth birthday at the Melting Pot…to read more about it and see more pictures, you can do so on Becker’s Blog. Jessica was the magician behind the photo on the tour bus, so not only do I appreciate her friendship, I appreciate her ability to work her Photoshop magic on my grill! Happy Birthday, Jess, and I hope you’re having the most fantastic day ever! 🙂

Here’s the Birthday Girl with [b]…

And in case anyone is wondering…yes…yes, I know I need to work on my posture…

comments

1. Jamie Delaine -

Cute photo of you and JD; you two are just the sweetest. I wish you were coming to the September Vancouver tour date DJ is doing!

7.22.08 - 10:54 pm

2. Tira J -

Yay for the Free to Succeed Tour! I am so excited to see you all on 8/6! And now that you have put it out there, I can assure you that your groupies will be cheering you on before you get up to speak! Let’s hear it for Jasmine* everyone! Holla!

7.22.08 - 10:56 pm

3. bonnie BonBon -

Wow, have fun during the tour! I’m happy for you!! 😀

7.22.08 - 11:03 pm

4. Melissa -

You know you’re good when you see your face on the side of a bus! ;o) Way to go!

7.22.08 - 11:04 pm

5. patrick -

ok, Jas, now what is wrong with coming visiting DC? you’ll be in NYC but not in DC? 🙂

7.22.08 - 11:17 pm

6. Erin -

I’m going to be at the Indy conference, and I’m so sad you aren’t scheduled to be there. You have been a huge inspiration to me over the past year or so and I’d love to get a chance to meet with you in person, but oh well, maybe next time. Thank you again for all the inspiration you have given to me and many many many other photographers out there!

7.22.08 - 11:23 pm

7. joshua gene photographer -

Congrats on getting your photo on the side of a bus. No Seattle or Portland? You should make a little stop up in the northwest, you know how much we all want to have a coffee with you. Anyways cheers on the big tour.

7.22.08 - 11:50 pm

8. joshua gene photographer -

7.22.08 - 11:51 pm

9. malia -

I can’t wait to see you guys in Chicago!:)

7.22.08 - 11:55 pm

10. Chris Young -

Hey!! I was checking out the tour and it said that you will be in ‘select cities.’ Do you know if you are going to be in Atlanta, Sept 8??
    Thanks!

7.23.08 - 1:32 am

11. Eric -

I’m hoping to make it to Chicago. But more importantly, I love the fact that you invoked Arsenio in your blog entry!!!

7.23.08 - 1:35 am

12. Matthew Saville -

I’d love to attend this in SD / LA / SB… My showit site is coming along REALLY nicely, and I’m looking forward to all the forthcoming improvements! =Matt=

7.23.08 - 3:14 am

13. Tanya Jose -

posture-shmoster…you can do whatever you want when you’re surrounded by fun friends & your honey! LOL i wish the tour was making a stop in Seattle, i’d so be there!

7.23.08 - 4:33 am

14. Fabuluxe Photos -

See you in NY !!!

7.23.08 - 4:35 am

15. Jasmine* -

@Matt: Awesome…it’ll be good to place a face with a name! @Chris: No, I won’t be in Atlanta, as I have a mid-week wedding here in Orange County…sorry! @Joshua: If there is a ‘next time’, Seattle will definitely be on the list…I just adore that city! @Patrick: I have two weddings the weekend after the DC stop, so I definitely need to be back home…sorry! @Tira: You rock. 🙂

7.23.08 - 4:36 am

16. Hanssie -

I will be happy to wear a "Picture me Naked" shirt in Los Angeles on 8/6! Can’t wait!

7.23.08 - 4:40 am

17. Kelly T -

Forget Showit – we need to get t-shirts that say "STAR struck" 🙂

So glad you will be in Dallas – can’t wait!

7.23.08 - 5:34 am

18. Rachel Brooke -

You are big time girl! I’m still trying to figure out if this bus is for real?! If so….I’ll be waiting to see you guys on E News with celebrity updates.

7.23.08 - 5:58 am

19. Shannon Rice -

ah so sad I will miss the tour bus in AZ!! Have a blast…you will definitely have some great stories.

7.23.08 - 7:12 am

20. Michelle Jones -

Hey hun, aren’t you taking this Rockstar thing a bit too far, tour bus! Kudos to ya girl!

7.23.08 - 10:26 am

21. Bobbie -

Sigh. But your noooot coming to NC….. siiiigghhhhh. Okay, okay, I’ll leave you alone! I know you are busy and I understand! I hope you have tons of fun on your tour and I know you will do a fabulous job ‘speaking’! I will be checking back here for updates on how it is going. XoXo

7.23.08 - 11:25 am

22. liana -

Oh Jazzy dear I’m so proud of you!! You will sooooo do Just Great no worries!! If DJ tries to haggle with you just hack into his accounts and start posting as him to get ’em back (like we always do!) Hahaha 🙂 Can’t wait to hear how it goes!

7.23.08 - 1:52 pm

23. Amanda -

I can’t wait to see you in Santa Barbara! I’m so excited! See you SOON!

7.23.08 - 4:34 pm

24. Jeremy Arnold -

See You In Kansas City!!!

7.23.08 - 4:59 pm

25. Kelliann Jo -

wow- hope you have a great time on your tour.

7.23.08 - 6:22 pm

26. Paper Monkey -

Omg. I love love love the Melting Pot. It’s so good!
    That tour sounds pretty crazy. I don’t know how I’d feel about waking up with all kinds of people. I’m not exactly a morning person…

7.23.08 - 6:40 pm

27. Val McCormick Photography -

"Woot, woot, woot….GO JASMINE, GO JASMINE, GO JASMINE!!!" That will be me in NY even if I make as @$$ of myself just to take to pressure off you, lol. I know you will do will. Have Fun and see you in NY 🙂

7.23.08 - 7:13 pm

28. terri z -

any changes yet that will allow you to make it to florida yet ?
    it would make us floridian photographers sooo happy 🙂
    totally understand if you can’t make it …….just thought i would ask …..:) thank-you for being you and all that you give back !!

7.23.08 - 8:08 pm

29. Tanya -

I can’t wait to David Jay in Orlando! I really wish you were going to be there though! I almost flew up to NY just to see you too! Any chances?
    You’ll do great!
    T

7.23.08 - 10:31 pm

30. Ken Burg -

I think you should follow David to Boston the day after NY so I can meet you. I’d love to hear your wisdom and inspiration first hand!

7.24.08 - 3:11 am

31. Ginger -

I absolutely adore the photo that follows the "No Parking" pic.

7.24.08 - 7:45 am

32. mike larson -

looks like you guys had fun, i love the grain on these shots,

7.24.08 - 8:30 am

33. Adrienne -

Cute photos! I’ve been dying to try the Melting Pot! Can’t wait to meet you when the tour comes to LA!!

7.24.08 - 5:45 pm

34. Lydia -

I’ve said it a million times, but I’m sooooo excited to see you on the tour!!

7.24.08 - 8:38 pm

35. Ann -

Jazz! I’m looking forward to seeing you in Dallas NEXT WEEK! Can you believe it?! I don’t know why you get so nervous before you speak – you always do a fantastic job! See you Thurs.

7.24.08 - 8:39 pm

36. claire -

I can’t wait to meet you in KC! You are such an inspiration to me.

7.25.08 - 2:41 pm

37. hedy berg -

can’t wait to see you in Dallas!

7.28.08 - 2:58 pm