What Not to Worry About

A few weeks ago, I stumbled across a letter F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote to his daughter. I found it fascinating, endearing, and a beautiful reminder of Things Not to Worry About: Don’t worry about popular opinion…Don’t worry about the past…Don’t worry about growing up…Don’t worry about failure unless it comes at your own fault…

To read more of this letter, you can do so here…

1. Ashley B

October 23rd, 2012 at 3:56 pm

This is awesome- so glad you found this and shared it!

2. Arlene Chambers

October 23rd, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Love this…not sure why I have to "worry about horsemanship" (not to mention I had to google what it meant…and it was actually literal…but I don’t ride horses)…regardless LOVE IT!

3. Christina Santiago

October 23rd, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Thank you for sharing!

4. Ann

October 23rd, 2012 at 4:21 pm

So refreshing, and exactly what I needed. J*, you totally "get" it.

5. amanda

October 23rd, 2012 at 4:29 pm

6. Rachel

October 23rd, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Wow. I just love this. Imagine having a father who wrote such a way? Swoon!

7. Monika Greenaway

October 23rd, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Love 🙂

8. lina

October 23rd, 2012 at 5:44 pm

funnny thing through reading all of that…… the only thing I shaked my head at in huge disagreement was not to worry about insects…hahaha nope im always worried about that! they always have me running the other direction screaming and jumping as if it was going out of style.

9. Lisamarie

October 23rd, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Funny, but the ‘worry about horsemanship’ was my absolute favorite part of this letter!

10. Esmeralda

October 23rd, 2012 at 9:43 pm

I just recently bought my first dslr(60d) and have been learning a lot by reading online I recently stumbled on you blog and OMG I’ve stalked you ever since. I was wondering if you are going to be hosting another "the fix" tour 2013? San Francisco specifically 😉

11. Susan

October 24th, 2012 at 12:28 am

I don’t know, maybe its just me, but I would be heartbroken to receive a letter like this from my father. "I think of you, and always pleasantly…" ???? How about, "I love you and miss you dearly".

I think this letter is a bit cold for my tastes. Maybe I am missing the humor of it.

12. Staci

October 25th, 2012 at 4:59 am

Jasmine, you really need to check out "Nothing good gets away" on Letters of Note. It’s a letter from Steinbeck to his son in regards to a letter to his son about his first love. It’s awesome 🙂

13. michaelandcarina

October 27th, 2012 at 8:02 am

Wonderful article. Really helps you on those stressful days with just putting things in perspective.

14. Ardean

November 6th, 2012 at 9:48 pm

That is very inciteful advice. And relates to what I’m working on right now – being (from which doing & having manifest). Thanks for posting this!