WPPI…preboarding…and THE CLAW!

Internet, it’s the time. Can you smell it? Feel it? When 15,000 photographers descend on Las Vegas for a week of learning, networking, and debauchery, you know it’s nothing else than the WPPI Conference. This year marks my fifth year in attendance and my third as a speaker and it always amazing to walk away from Sin City with a pocketful of new friends…I love connecting with photographers, so if our paths cross, please say hi!

I’m incredibly honored to announce I’ll be hosting a platform presentation entitled The Anatomy of Lips + Clicks on Monday, February 20, 2012 at 3:30pm sponsored by the amazing folks at PASS. Lips + Clicks will dissect HOW people talk about you as a better way to enable them to market your services and grow your business. It’d probably be best to preboard for this WPPI class because seating will be limited and registering secures your seat!

Last year I had the privilege of speaking in MGM’s Arena (but I won’t be speaking there this year) and while it was an awesome opportunity, I felt something was missing from the experience. And that ‘thing’ was awesome music. A few months later, I was at a party when I heard The Flashdance mix and all of a sudden I was THAT guest. You know, the girl who needs to be peeled from the dancefloor after making holes from all the moves she busted? Yeah, that was me.

A few weeks ago, I took a random chance and emailed The Flashdance to inquire if he’d like to see my dance moves again (I’m telling you, they’re epic). He’ll be in Las Vegas to DJ a premiere major rager for photographers–otherwise known as Airplanes and Blazers–on Monday night, so it seemed like the universe was really putting us together. And then I promised not to act all creepy and stuff. Many thanks to Blogstomp for sponsoring his appearance (for those who don’t know, Blogstomp is what I use to place borders on my online images) and if there’s an impromptu dance party on Monday afternoon, we’ll know who to blame.

I’d love to see you there…and who knows…maybe THE CLAW will make a repeat appearance!

On Tuesday morning, I’ll be speaking at Showit United (if you haven’t already registered, this event is closed), then heading back home. It’s a super short trip for me this year, but I promise to make it up on the road while visiting a city near you at The Fix!

1. Kandise

January 31st, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Registered! You better say "hey," because there are going to be almost as many photographers at WPPI as there are people in my town, so I anticipate a lot of awkward wall-supporting.

2. Rachel Tatem

January 31st, 2012 at 2:18 pm

I’m excited. Still trying to work out the 10 hr round trip to the closet "fix" location. I hope I can get it to work out!

3. alexandra

January 31st, 2012 at 2:24 pm

SO JEALOUS! wish i could go!

4. Carrie K

January 31st, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Could you repost the poem/rap you did last year at WPPI? That was awesome!

5. Jenelle Sewell

January 31st, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Can’t wait to see more!

6. jessica vidmar photography

January 31st, 2012 at 3:09 pm

you just always send me to the coolest places with your hyperlinks! looking forward to meeting you in Chicago!!

7. Kate Douthwright

January 31st, 2012 at 3:36 pm

I will be seeing you there! Also, you might have the claw but I will straight battle you with my booty bounce skills!

8. MartaV

January 31st, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Woohoo! I am super excited. I already preboarded and I can’t wait. I’m definitely bringing my moves just in case. 🙂

9. Wendy K Yalom

January 31st, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Can’t wait to meet/see/ be inspired by YOU!!!

10. Jillian Tree

January 31st, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Jasmine, can’t wait to see you again…and give you a BIG HUG! <3

11. October

January 31st, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Hey J* I’ll be in attendance at Lips & Clicks, hopefully I’ll get a chance to say Hi. xx

12. Yuliya Callahan

January 31st, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Can’t believe how many people ate there! you MUST be a good speaker;)

13. TB

January 31st, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Oh my gossssshhhhhh, thank you so much for the BlogStomp link! I hadn’t heard of it before but I’ve always admired how your photos look online and wondered how you did it! Easy peasy, can’t wait to try! 😀

14. Andre

January 31st, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Thank you so much for posting about your Plus class. I registered early and was disappointed you weren’t on the list for pre-boarding. I called today and was able to get on the pre-board list for Lips & Clicks. Can’t wait!

PS – I’ve already got my ticket for The Fix in SF. :O)

15. Kathryn Denelle Stevens

January 31st, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I was there last year, and it was life changing! WPPI in general was, but your class specifically changed me. I didn’t even know who you were. I thought, "everyone keeps talking about this Jasmine girl, she sounds overrated". (I may have even chanted, "OVER-RATED!" loud, in my head)…I went to your class anyway and well, life. forever. changed. You, Jasmine, gave the me courage to think bigger than I ever had before. You, Jasmine, challenged me to get outside of my comfort zone and figure out what I wanted for myself. You, Jasmine, allowed me the space to think about living a life that I create, I OWN, I’ve dreamed of living. And, you, Jasmine, dared me to go out and live that dream! I told myself that in one year, I would leave my job and become a wedding and portrait photographer full time. And that’s just what I did. Thank you for letting me dream with you. I SO wish I could be there this year, but I made a choice to go to an amazing workshop with Justin&Mary instead. I hope to see you again very soon though…maybe you’ll bring The Fix to Seattle or Portland 😉 Love & hugs, Kathryn

16. emily

January 31st, 2012 at 10:29 pm

i’m somewhere in that crowd of little dots from last year, and cannot wait to hear you speak again this year! you are a true inspiration, and a fantastic addition to the industry. i won’t be going to airplanes and blazers, but maybe we can all bust out some dance moves at the fix in SF, even if we have to play our own music from phones and ipods 🙂

17. bobbie brown

February 1st, 2012 at 2:16 am

Never been…but would love to make it one year! Have fun 🙂

18. Katelyn James

February 1st, 2012 at 3:42 am

ohhh I’m coming to lips and clicks fo sho!!! I preboarded weeks ago… puhleaseeeeee

19. LEOLAK

February 1st, 2012 at 3:47 am

Safe travels!!! I’m sure you will rock out the days you are there!!!

20. Elizabeth

February 1st, 2012 at 10:03 am

One year I hope to make it out there…have a great time and safe travels!!!

21. Melissa Fiene

February 1st, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Awesome, gotta love Vegas. I’d love to meet you! Me and 1000 other photographers.. Your an inspiration!

22. Continuum Photography

February 1st, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Exciting stuff! Can’t wait to go this year!

23. michelle carrillo

February 1st, 2012 at 7:34 pm

wooohooo!!! Can’t wait for WPPI!!! I’ll see you(and the claw) there. ; )

24. Brooke Summer Photography

February 12th, 2012 at 7:41 am

I am SO ridiculously excited for WPPI, although we have decided to skip your platform class. ONLY because we will be at your Showit United presentation, and The Fix Denver – and I’m BEYOND thrilled about those!!! I can’t wait to meet you!

25. Donal Doherty

March 12th, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Hi Jasmine, I just wanted to drop you a note to say how much I loved your talk at WPPI! I got Exposed too which is really great (almost finished it)! Keep rocking it out! 🙂

26. Crystal Abadie Photography

April 27th, 2012 at 3:20 am

I Love your work!!! You are my inspiration.