It’s time to bust out those dance moves…. Instagram just added an extra 15 seconds to Instagram Reels!
*Just kidding about the dance moves… Unless you’re into that sort of thing.*
Truthfully, you don’t have to do embarrassing dances or participate in on-trend challenges to find success with this feature.
>>For business owners, Instagram Reels is an opportunity to create up to 30-second commercials for their business.<<
If you’re wondering how to create an Instagram Reel that fosters engagement with your audience, you’re in the right place.
I like to follow a distinct structure when creating Instagram Reels, which I’m about to break down for you today *bad dance moves not included*!
3-Part Instagram Reel Structure to Foster Engagement:
- 0-2 seconds: Studies show that people’s attention spans are getting shorter and shorter. Within the first 2 seconds, show your expertise and the value of your Reel to encourage your audience to keep watching.
- 2-25 seconds: The middle of your Instagram Reel is where you will deliver on the value you promised. From 2-25 seconds, give your audience tactical tips or a detailed tutorial that gives them exactly what they want!
- 25-30 seconds: In the last 5 seconds of your Reel, include a clear call to action so your audience knows exactly how to thank you for the value you gave them. This could be to download a freebie, join your email list, comment with what they learned, and more.
For example, here is an Instagram Reel idea for an eyebrow technician:
- 0-2 seconds: In the first few seconds, the eyebrow technician might say something to capture her audience’s attention, like: “Most women don’t know where their eyebrow arch should be. Keep watching to find yours!”
- 2-25 seconds: In the middle of the Reel, she would then explain how to identify where the arch of your eyebrow should be, and how to find it for different face shapes. This would take anywhere from 2-25 seconds.
- 25-30 seconds: Finally, the eyebrow technician would point her audience to where she wants them to engage. She might say: “If you have more questions, comment below and I’ll be happy to answer!”
*Shout out to Social Curator member @eyebrowsbydenise who inspired this example!*
>>With this 3-part Instagram Reel structure, your audience will be hooked from the beginning, gain valuable insights, and be primed to give engagement by the end.<<
Are you ready to dive in to creating Instagram Reels? I hope so, because it’s a great way to market your business. I love it so much that my team and I created the November Issue of Social Curator all about it!
Speaking of marketing…
In my FREE Instagram Marketing Guide, you’re going to learn how to write scroll-stopping captions that will get people talking back to you, as well as have an actionable plan to get more engagement. It’s the perfect complement to your Instagram Reels journey! Download the guide to up your Instagram marketing game >>HERE!<<