“If you don’t have haters, it means you’re not doing it right.”
I heard a comedian say that recently and I was so offended.
*Like, did he know something I didn’t?!*
But then it hit me… He was so right.
If you have big dreams, there will always be people who try to tear you down. Heck, even if you DON’T have big dreams, there will be someone judging you for that too!
>>Friend, there are always haters, but there is only one of you.<<
Today, I’m going to teach you 5 things you should know about haters so we can be like Taylor and shake.it.off!
- Haters aren’t successful. When was the last time you saw a successful person leaving a mean or disparaging comment on the internet? It’s so rare, because they’re too busy being successful! Any time a hater spends leaving mean comments is time they are not chasing their goal.
- Their perspective is a reflection of their limiting beliefs. Their opinions have nothing to do with you and everything to do with what they believe is possible for them. Don’t let their words get in the way of you living in your purpose, boo.
- If they could have done it better, they would have done it already. Haters have so many opinions when they aren’t even on the field getting dirty, dusty, and hit. If you want to talk to me from the bleachers when you’re not playing the game? I’m not going to hear it, and neither should you.
- They think you’re taking a piece of their pie. Friend, that is a limiting mindset. I don’t believe there is a pie—I’m not in competition thinking someone else is going to take a slice from me. *I believe there is enough for us all.
- Hurt people hurt people. When someone leaves a hurtful comment, I always know that means they’re unhappy. They’re not where they want to be in life and take it out on people chasing their dreams. I wish people well, and not let them get in my way.
Friend, successful people hear the doubt and negativity from others, turn it around and turn it into fuel for their internal fire. They do it in spite of what people think or say.
If you have ever dealt with a hater, I would love to hear how you turned it into a positive so please leave a comment below and we’ll talk it out!
>>Remember: You are destined for something great, beautiful, and strong as long as you stand in your purpose.<<
Don’t let anyone get in the way of that.