Can I deal it to you straight?
People have opinions. Or maybe I should say people have O. PIN. IONS. *with a little extra flavor because we all know how vocal everyone is on the internet!*
No matter what you do, someone will have something to say about it:
- If you decide to start a business or not.
- If you decide to sit on the couch or go for a run.
- If you decide to have pancakes or a smoothie for breakfast.
Their opinions will always exist, so friend, do the dang thing anyway.
- Light your soul on fire.
- Change the world with your passion.
- Do what you were put on this earth to do.
>>Do it knowing that you won’t be all things to all people. Do it knowing that there will be more people who doubt you than applaud you.<<
The question then becomes, are you willing to do the work towards your dreams despite all the obstacles you may face in your path?
- You will have sleepless nights.
- You will have to give up your favorite Netflix shows.
- You will have to turn down happy hours and drinks with friends.
- You will have to wait up early and go to bed late.
- You will have to use your lunch break at your day job to expand your knowledge.
- You will have to show up consistently, even when you don’t want to.
The harsh reality is that entrepreneurship is not always sexy or glamorous and it’s certainly never easy.
If you happen to be reading and you feel uncomfortable, then maybe building a business isn’t for you. *And that’s okay!*
Because if you don’t do the things that make you uncomfortable, the business you desire will never come. Not because you aren’t talented or good enough… you most certainly are… But because it takes something extra to be an entrepreneur in the 21st century.
It’s a lot of work.
But, Buttercup, you are capable of all of that and more.
We are the crazy ones. We are entrepreneurs. We get punched in the gut and we show up time and time again. We do it because we love what we do and we love the game.
The game is dirty and unglamorous and funky but we are doing the thing we are called to do and standing in our purpose.
>>Those small glimmers and flickers of euphoria continue to push us forward. It is in those moments that we continue to rise.<<
If you are ready to show up and stand out, this is your time to shine. Social media has consistently been the best way to build a brand for free, and I want to see you succeed. Here’s a link to my Social Media Marketing Guide to get you creating all the right content that will serve your audience with value and showcase your product or service in the best light. You can download it >>HERE<< and start showing up on social media in a BIG way today.