As a business strategist, I look at hundreds of Instagram accounts every month and I can tell you that 90+% of them don’t have bios that prep their audience for sales.
*I see confusing descriptions… to having no descriptions at all… to bios that contain only emoji’s… to no bio at all?!*
IS THAT WHAT ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOING?! I never sat with them in the cafeteria, nor do I hang with them on the ‘gram!
I don’t know about you, but I’m more concerned with being profitable than popular.
I’m more interested in attracting the right people to my profile that will actually engage.
And slowly over time, I build trust so they turn into customers.
Priming your audience for sales happens the moment they land on your account, and in order to do that, your Instagram bio needs 5 key components. Let’s break it down!
- Your title: How do you want people to describe you? Use this in the most basic terms possible. Explain it to me like I’m 5 years old—If your bio is confusing, you are going to have a lot of trouble making sales.
- Your Value: In the land of social media, it’s benefit-driven. There’s too many people doing what you do, boo! List the benefits of what people will receive from following you.
- Your Audience: Be as specific as possible because in the land of Instagram, the riches are in the niches. When we tell people who it is for, it feels tailor-made for them and they are more likely to follow you.
- Your Contact Information: This is a very basic and crucial part of an Instagram bio that so many people neglect. If I was a customer and wanted to buy your product or service, how can I do it?
- Your Free Gift: What is an opt-in that they NEED? To prep your bio for sales, we need to serve our ideal client before we ever sell to them. If you ask yourself what your client needs and give it to them for free, you can receive their email address and continue serving them to eventually lead up to the sale.
So there you have it, friends: 5 ways you can prep your Instagram bio for sales!
With these components, you will be attracting the right people to your profile that will actually turn into paying customers.
For more boss bio tips, real-life Instagram bio examples and more, grab my FREE guide, How to Turn Your Followers Into Customers: 5 Things That Should Be In EVERY Business Owner's Instagram Bio >>HERE!<<