We bought the fixer upper in January 2020, and we never would have expected what would follow.
Two days later, we sold our current home, then got word we were placed for adoption.
We signed our mortgage papers in a hotel room in Las Vegas while holding our newborn daughter.
A month later, we were back in Newport Beach, feverishly moving out of the home we just sold. (The new homeowner was an incredible human who let us rent back the house while we weren’t permitted to leave the state of Nevada. I will forever be grateful for her much needed grace.)
We thought that would be the end of the excitement, but as you well know, the world was turned on its head shortly after as everything closed down due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Suddenly, we were left with a fixer upper that we couldn’t move into while going through the adoption process… and a new baby.
We decided to rent an apartment for what we (foolishly) thought would be a six month project.
There were days when I’d cry, *skyrocketing wood prices… furniture stuck on barges for months in sea ports… changing vendors, oh my!* but I prayed this home would become a haven.
I dreamt of a space where people would walk through the doors and be welcomed by peace, flow, and “sabor” (the Spanish word for flavor).
Well, it’s finally happened. Almost two years after we bought it, we walked into our home as a family.
I couldn’t announce this happy new beginning without acknowledging some of the amazing people who took our dreams and made them even better in reality:
- Lindye Galloway and her team worked tirelessly to help us design our home… I simply adore her and working with her was the best investment. Truly.
- Principle Design and Construction was the steady force of construction and timelines… few people can brag about their contractor but Ojini (and her attention to detail) is unparalleled.
- I met Noel, the CEO of California Faucets at a local restaurant, Bandera, while we waited for a seat one Friday night. Best random connection and amazing home hardware!
- Sara at Orange Coast Flooring was a miracle worker… She sourced the most gorgeous floors when we needed it most and I’m indebted to her hustle.
- Shout out to the Bedrosian Tile I’m obsessed with… what a dream team.
I could go on and on. If you are a human who played a part in making our house a home, I just want you to know how appreciated you are! Truly.
>>Lastly, if you’re in a season of waiting… I get you. In a deep way. But trust me when I say it’s worth the wait.<<
All of it. It’s worth it.
If you need help staying positive amid the wait, I’d love to send you my free Mindset Makeover Workbook. Keeping my mind in the right place was the only thing that kept me going over the last two years. It’s hard, but it is worth every ounce of effort. Download it >>HERE<< and start turning a negative experience into a positive. I can’t wait for you to feel that freedom, friend!