Are you creating separate content for every platform you’re on?
Running a business is hard work… but when you add social media to the mix, it's an entirely new ballgame.
So, how can you balance the passion for what you do (how you monetize your work), showcase it on social media, and SAVE TIME?
Listen, if you have the capacity to create original content for all your platforms, like TikToks which are native to Tiktok and Reels which are native to Instagram, go right ahead! You’ll kill the game.
However, most business owners don’t have the capacity to create different pieces of content for each platform (myself included). If you do, great. Yes and AMEN!
If you don’t, I’m guessing you’re feeling:
- Frustrated, and
Do those feelings hit close to home? Well, I have good news for you… You don’t need to create original content for all the platforms you’re on, you just need to learn how to work smarter, not harder.
Ok great. But how? Great question!
You create one piece of content and then tailor it for each social platform. That’s working smarter, not harder.
Now let’s chat about how to repurpose content to leverage your work…
>>The key to creating content for multiple platforms is to create one long-form piece of content (blog, video, podcast, etc.) knowing that you’ll be repurposing and recontextualizing it for multiple platforms.<<
Long-form content is important because it’s something your Ideal Client can easily search for (typically via Google) and helps increase your SEO (where you rank in search engines).
While this long-form content doesn’t live ON social media, it’s actually FOR your social media, because you’ll be repurposing it into multiple forms of content that your Ideal Client can discover (your posts, Reels, Stories, etc.).
You may be thinking, “But Jasmine, I don’t have a podcast yet.” or “I’ve never filmed a video before.” It’s okay if you don’t have all of the options available to you yet.
As with all new things, just start where you are and use what you have.
- If you’re good at writing, start with writing a blog.
- If you’re good at speaking, start with recording a podcast.
- If you’re good on video, start by filming a video.
If you’re still not sure where to start, we suggest writing a blog post since it’s easiest to set up.
>>Remember: your growth and progress as a creator will be found in the process of creating!<<
Here’s something important to keep in mind before you get started:
When I say, “long-form,” I don’t mean it has to be the length of a feature film or historical novel (Hustlers like us don’t have time for that!).
I simply mean that it’s your juiciest and most insight-packed piece of content… don’t worry about a specific character count!
Now that you know you really only need to start with one long-form piece of content to get started, how do you know what that content should be about?
Use the following questions to generate value-packed long-form content:
- What’s a frequently asked question you receive about your business?
- What questions do you wish your dream customer or Ideal Client would ask about your product or service?
- What’s a day like for you or members of your team?
- What are 3 ways your business can help your Ideal Client?
- What are 3 surprising facts about your business?
Once you’ve completed your long-form piece of content, you can repurpose it by turning it into posts for your social media.
Here are 3 examples on how to do just that:
- Pick one insight from your long-form content and use it as a social media post (splitting up the insights/tips/advice from your long-form content can turn one piece of content into multiple very easily).
- Use your long-form content as a caption, or script for a video, Reel, or Story.
- Simply repost your long-form content from your main platform to your secondary social media platforms.
Want more tips on how to work smarter not harder in your business? I gotchu!
Over time, I’ve gathered a list of 20 content ideas to refer to whenever I get stuck, and the best part is they work for any industry… including YOURS! Download 20 Content Ideas For Any Industry and never run out of things to post again! Simply click >>HERE.<<