Last week I received an email from a talented hustler, who shall remain nameless. Just trust me: she's awesome.
She emailed me the following:
“I am looking for an agency that helps social media influencers collaborate with brands and grow their platforms. I have a strong social media platform with my podcast, website, and various handles. In addition I have a Facebook group specifically for my podcast. Can you recommend a digital talent agency or manager?”
I had thoughts on the matter, but I also turned my good friend Julie Solomon of The Influencer Podcast for her insight, which is allowed me to share with YOU today.
HOW DO I FIND THE RIGHT DIGITAL AGENCY FOR ME?
So, this can sometimes be a loaded question, depending on the need on the influencer.
- Do you (the influencer) need help acquiring more sponsored collaborations and partnerships?
- Do you need help with licensing products or services?
- Do you need support with the amount of requests they are receiving already that an agency could provide?
- Are you looking to the agency to help elevate their overall platform, and if so, how?
I would say that if someone WANTED to be represented the questions they should ask themselves secondly are:
- Why do I want to be represented?
- What will representation help me with bandwidth wise that I can not currently handle myself?
- How will representation elevate my brand?
- How will representation alleviate my workload so I have more time to create?
And then the questions I would ask the agency would be:
- How many influencers do you have on your roster currently?
- How many influencers do you have on your roster that are similar to my brand / business currently?
- What are 3 specific ways that you would help me (the talent) uplevel?
- What do you see that is missing from my brand that you could provide?
- Why do you want to work with me?
- What is your long term vision for my brand and what short term goals will you put in place to ensure we get there?
- Who are 3 influencers that you currently work with that came to you when they were at my level, and where are they now
- …and how did you help them get there. (AGAIN — specifics!!)
The main thing to consider is understanding WHY you want to partner with an agency.
And never forget the most important thing: YOU are the captain of your destiny, the compass of your desires.