Everyone wants more engagement. *Oh, believe me, I get it.*
But there are a few things it requires that most aren’t willing to do:
- You need to plan for it.
- You need to ask for it.
- You need to give it first.
That may sound a little abstract, but I have a few more concrete suggestions that will bring it all into perspective:
- Recreate what worked in the past.
- Send an introductory DM to 5 ideal clients who don’t follow you.
- Share a call to action on every post.
- Leave a comment of more than 4 words on 3 different posts using industry-specific hashtags.
- Create a Reel showing a hack related to what you do.
Does that sound like work, friend?
*Good. That’s because it is.*
It takes extra effort to engage on someone else’s posts. It takes extra effort to send someone a DM.
But how can you expect someone to put in that effort for you if you don’t also exert that same effort for them?
>>Trust me when I say that the path less traveled is what will create genuine relationships on social media and lead to more business than you’ve ever seen before.<<
Oh, and one last thing: when people DO engage with your content? Be sure to respond back and keep the conversation going! Social media should be social after all.
Ready to find your ideal client and start connecting with them? I have just the thing: An Ideal Client Workbook. This will help you dial in all the details about your ideal client so you can start serving and engaging with them where they are. Download it >>HERE<< and then go out and find them on social media to serve them well!