*Pssst I got a secret to share, so lean in close…*
>>Video is here to stay.<<
Ok. I know — this secret is not so secret anymore, but it does bear repeating because I continue to observe business owners resist incorporating video into their social media marketing strategy.
Whether video excites and motivates you, or terrifies and overwhelms you (or perhaps all of the above)… You’re in the right place because with the tips I’m about to share, you’ll be camera-ready and saying, “Action!” in no time.
More good news? When you incorporate videos and Reels into your social media marketing, your discoverability, views, and engagement will increase, because it’s what your followers want to see.
Still not convinced? Think about your own habits on social media. What are you watching and engaging with? I’m going to go out on a limb and say you’re watching more videos than ever before.
>>When your discoverability and engagement increase, your sales will increase as well.<<
*Can I get a, “yes and amen!”*
You with me? Still feeling a little overwhelmed? I gotchu, friend.
It’s time to take the guesswork out of your video marketing game to capture your followers’ attention and increase views. Here are 4 tips to help you do just that!
- Use the first 3 seconds to grab your audience’s attention with a strong hook. For example: use the Caption sticker, engaging transitions, or a trending song.
- Create relatable and shareable content. For example: think of what your followers would find educational, entertaining, and empowering.
- Film your videos between 7-15 seconds. Keep in mind: longer videos are possible, but most followers prefer short form videos.
- Be bold and let your personality shine. Don’t forget: your authenticity is your superpower!
There you have it! Now, that doesn’t sound so hard, does it? If you’re still hesitating to hit record, it’s ok. You are not the only one. I know it’s easier said than done, but remember this:
>>You’re an entrepreneur, you’ve already proven you can do hard things.<<
Your mindset is what’s truly in control here, and just in case you could use a little more encouragement before you dive in…
Here are 4 mindsets that will empower you to get that camera of yours rolling:
- Your followers WANT to see you. (Yes! YOU.)
- There are users searching for what you have to offer. (Video will help them find you!)
- Done is better than perfect. (If you wait for it to be perfect, you’ll be waiting forever!)
- It WILL get easier. (I promise. Soon you’ll look back and be SO proud of your progress!)
The secret to getting more views is simple, but it does take work.
>>Like anything in your business (or life!)… the results you want are waiting on the other side of consistency.<<
- No, not on the other side of perfection.
- Not on the other side of reaching your goals.
- On the other side of consistency.
If your first few videos are messy and scrappy, that’s ok. In fact, some of the least “produced” videos out there are what followers are watching and want more of! *How’s that for motivation?*
I’ll say it one more time… Video is here to stay… and *spoiler alert* so are YOU!
Want more easy ideas for your videos and Reels? Download my free guide, 10 Easy Reels You Can Make for Your Business (with step-by-step instructions included!) to learn how to educate, entertain, and empower your audience through video and create lasting relationships that turn followers into customers.
You can get the guide right >>HERE.<<