One thing I’ve learned as a business owner is that bad things will happen. And it sucks. There’ll be moments when you’ll want to pound your head against your desk, throw your phone against the wall, and scream in frustration (hopefully not all at the same time). Ensuring your clients are happy is incredibly satisfying and rewarding, but if something goes wrong, it causes a pit in our stomachs and an ache in our chests. This is large in part because what we provide is extremely personal.
This guide was intended to ensure that your clients are always happy because you took the time to prepare them, to educate them for what makes good photos, and ask for what you need to create. Put in the hard work in advance and you’ll soon see the benefits from your efforts.
Most of the emails I receive from photographers focus specifically on how to deal with a dissatisfied client and/or how to cope with a lackluster creative experience (i.e. a hot mess wedding day). While I can suggest ways to address these situations, the best way to avoid them entirely is to ask for, explain, and educate your client in advance for what will ensure their satisfaction (and your happiness too!).
This PDF will help and assist your client conversations in a way that ensures your wedding experience is flawless. In addition to walking you through my process in detail, you'll also receive email templates on how to deal with the following:
- Explaining Why You Won't Share the Raw Images
- Explaining Why You Won't Shoot at a Discount
- How to Ensure You're Shooting in Natural Light All Day
- How to Request Timely Payments
- How to Request Overdue Payments
- How to Get Paid for Travel Fees
- How to Ensure the Bridal Suite is Clean for Prep Photos
- How to Manage Family Photo Requests
- How to Deal with Difficult People at a Wedding
- How to Ensure You're Fed on a Wedding Day
- How to Deal with Losing Images from a Wedding Day
- Determining if a Client is the Best Fit for Your Business
- Two Sample Wedding Day Timelines to Ensure Client Satisfaction
- Explanation of How Much Time a Photographer Needs on a Wedding Day
This guide takes an in-depth look at how photographers can ensure client happiness on a wedding day and satisfaction for flawless services rendered. It's an extension of Email Templates One and Email Templates Two and will help complete your studio communication with ease.