This just in…
Making Reels just got SO much easier and more engaging!
>>After sharing a Reel on Instagram, you can now reply to comments people leave on your video with a new Reel.<<
How delightfully sweet is that?
Before I show you how easy it is to create your own Reel reply, I’ve got a prediction about this new Instagram feature:
>>Comments will become the content.<<
Think about your own behavior when you’re scrolling through posts, Stories, and Reels. Sometimes the real party is happening in the comment section.
We know the key to increasing your engagement is by:
- Giving more engagement than you receive, and by
- Creating engaging content that educates, empowers, and entertains consistently.
That’s why the Social Curator Team and I LOVE that this reply feature for Reels helps you do just that, which in turn can make YOUR comment section where the “Reel” party is at for your followers!
Ready for the 4-1-1 on how you can start using this Reel feature? Keep reading for a step-by-step guide.
Here you go…
When you receive a comment on your Reel, you can reply to it by doing the following:
- Tap Reply below the comment you want to reply to, then tap on the left.
- Record your Reel or tap in the bottom left to select a video from your gallery or camera roll.
- You can also tap Green Screen in the top right to record a Reel with a different background.
- Tap the comment sticker to change the background color or tap and hold it to move it.
- Drag the comment sticker to at the bottom of the screen to delete it.
- Tap Preview in the bottom right and edit your Reel.
- Tap Next in the bottom right, then tap Share.
Once you’ve shared your reply Reel, the person who posted the comment will receive a notification that you replied to them. Anyone can tap the original commenter’s username at the bottom of your Reel to view the original Reel you shared.
So by now, you’re probably wondering: how is this new feature useful for you?
If you want to increase the engagement you receive on Instagram, you first need to give more than you get.
>>This new feature allows you to engage with your audience in a new and more engaging way.<<
Replying to comments on your Reels shows you’re interested in what your followers are saying.
Using a Reply Reel is:
- Effective, and
Here are a couple (of many) ways you could put this feature to use:
- Replying with a tutorial.
For example: If you own a clothing boutique and someone replies to your Reel asking how you’d style the dress you featured in your Reel, you could reply with a Reel showing the boots, belt, and earrings you’d use to complete the outfit.
- Replying with a frequently asked question.
For example: If you’re a health coach and someone asked a question on your recent Reel where you gave tips on certain exercises, you could reply with a Reel where you share modifications they could do.
- Replying with gratitude.
For example: Use the reply Reel feature to thank a follower that engaged on your Reel. *Bonus points* if you keep the conversation going by asking them a question!
There you have it, friend! Using Visual Replies is as easy as “Reely” good pie, and I can’t wait to see how you use this feature to grow your business on Instagram.
Want to get your hands on more easy Reel ideas? Download my free guide, 10 Easy Reels You Can Make for Your Business (with step-by-step instructions included!) to learn how to educate, entertain, and empower your audience through video and create lasting relationships that turn followers into customers. You can get the guide right >>HERE.<<