When I was in high school, I had a lot of stories *ahem, lies* that I got used to telling myself.
- I *told* myself I wasn’t able to go to college because I didn’t have money.
- I *told* myself I couldn’t pursue a degree in art even though I was wildly creative because I needed to get a job.
- I *told* myself I shouldn’t be a photographer because I didn’t have any talent, experience, or connections.
…but then I did all of those things anyway.
Because I realized that if you tell yourself you can’t do something, you’re right.
So my question for you, Buttercup, is this: What will you tell yourself?
Because someone ALWAYS has it better, has more, and has what you want. But that won’t stop you.
- You won’t let your disadvantages define you.
- You won’t let your lack define your life.
- You’ll take what you have (however small it is) and make magic with it.
That’s what determined people do…you’ll persevere, regardless of the odds stacked against you.
I’m here to tell you that mindset is EVERYthing.
>>What you’re going through today is making you into who you will become tomorrow.<<
This means you can *choose* to look at a situation in one of two ways:
- “Life dealt me a short stack,” or
- “I have the stack I need to get me where I want to go.”
So boo boo, which will you choose?
I hope it is the ladder because your dreams are worth it, my friend.
Here’s to us—the believers and defiants—who say, STILL WE RISE.