A Life Full of Grace

A Life Full of Grace

It’s taken me a while to write this post. I debated even publishing it because it’s quite personal and, well, a little raw. But if there’s one thing Grace taught me, it’s that life should be lived without regrets. So I’m writing this because I don’t want to regret sharing the pain in my heart. Forgive me if this gets messy…

Last Tuesday, our beautiful Grace passed away, ending her battle with cancer.

Writing this sentence is hardest thing I’ve done. Because it makes it real. My heart aches for her family and for my youngest sister, Zoe, who’s been her best friend since nursery school. Grace is like family to me and a gaping hole rests squarely in the middle of my heart.

But Grace taught me to love fiercely, forgive greatly, and to cling to God…even in the darkest moments. If this is her legacy, she lived a powerful life. And I’m thankful for the impact she made in mine.

1. Sarajane Case

September 1st, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I’m so sorry to hear that. I constantly remember when you wrote about their prom. What a gift you all gave her to be so special that night. I’m sending so much love your way.

2. Whitney Dupuis

September 1st, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I am so sorry for the loss of this amazing young woman. I pray her family and yours will be comforted in knowing she is singing and dancing, cancer-free, with Jesus now.

3. Dana Fiorito

September 1st, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Praying for you Jasmine, and for Zoe. God’s promises are true. And we have hope for a future.

4. vera

September 1st, 2011 at 2:17 pm

My deepest sympathy goes out to her family and yours. <3 May the Lord be the one to comfort you all.

5. Kelleen

September 1st, 2011 at 2:19 pm

I am so sorry for Zoe- having lost a sibling, I know how deep the loss can be. Her family is in my thoughts and prayers!

6. Erin

September 1st, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Oh Jasmine this breaks my hear to hear. I am so sorry for your loss and the loss of this beautiful young woman.

7. Anneliese

September 1st, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Through the blogs that you and your family have been posting about her, I feel like I’ve gotten to know her. And my heart aches knowing that she has passed, but my heart rejoices because she is Heaven now. I am praying for her family, friends, and Zoe.

8. Kristen

September 1st, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I’m so very sorry to have heard this news. ๐Ÿ™ My thoughts and prayers are you with you & your family…especially Zoe. Let her memory live on in all your hearts. xoxo

9. Tiffany

September 1st, 2011 at 2:27 pm

God Bless

10. Judy

September 1st, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I’m so sorry. I’ve read your post on her previously and what an amazing girl!

11. Joe Anna

September 1st, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I’m so sorry for the loss you all have experienced. My prayers go out for her family and loved ones.

12. Tami

September 1st, 2011 at 2:38 pm

As soon as I saw your blog title, I thought, "Oh no". I’ve been praying for Grace and Zoe ever since that first shoot you did with her and then when you took pictures of her and Zoe going to prom. I’ve wondered how she’s doing and my heart is aching for all of you. I’ve lost many friends and a mother to what seems much too early in life so all I’ll say is I will keep praying for all of you. Thanks for sharing.

13. Nicole

September 1st, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Rest in peace Grace. What a beautiful angel you will be.

14. MegganB

September 1st, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss. It seems that she has the perfect name for the life she lived. Peace be to you and all that love Grace.

15. Rudi

September 1st, 2011 at 2:55 pm

My sincere condolences. Wishing you all, all the strenght you need. Doing that photoshoot was one of the best things you could have done for Grace and her family and friends.

16. Jessica K. Sullivan

September 1st, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Oh Jasmine, I am so sorry. I can’t even imagine what you and your family are going through. I am so grateful for the life that you and your sister were blessed to share with Grace. Praying for you and yours. <3

17. Sara Lando

September 1st, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I’ve only known Grace through your pictures and words which is why I’m a bit surprised about how sad it makes me that she’s not here anymore.
    But I’m also thankful because I got to know about her and I think her courage, beauty and heart are going still to be there to inspire people. A big, big hug.

18. Gabby / En Route Photography

September 1st, 2011 at 3:03 pm

I have tears in my eyes Jasmine… I canยดt even start to imagine how it must feel like to loose a close friend to cancer…. my deepest condolences.

19. sarah danaher

September 1st, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Praying for you, and for many of those close to youโ€” that the Father of mercies and God of all comfort will comforts you, so that you may be able to comfort others with the comfort with which you are comforted by God. (2 Cor. 1:3-5)

20. Karen

September 1st, 2011 at 3:07 pm

My heart breaks for you, for Grace, and your families. Praise the Lord that this life is not the end, and that Grace is standing fully healed in His presence today. May God give comfort as only He can, to you all and all those Grace touched with her life.

21. Rachel Tatem

September 1st, 2011 at 3:16 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. She was beautiful! But know she has peace know, she is with her maker and he has taken away her pain and hurt. I hope that God gives you grace to handle the pain of your loss

22. ashley barnett

September 1st, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Oh Jasmine ๐Ÿ™ I saw your sister’s post on her blog and have been praying for your entire family and Grace’s ever since. I am happy she is at peace now and that she left a life and spark behind that no on will ever forget or be able to put out, but I know how much all your hearts are hurting. I lost my best friend when I was 15 too, so I understand the range of emotions Zoe must be feeling right now. You all are in my thoughts <3

23. Penny Wolfe

September 1st, 2011 at 3:28 pm

My condolences to you, your family, and Grace’s family.

24. Kaley

September 1st, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Jasmine, I am very sorry for your loss of a dear friend. A little over a month ago I lost a friend to cancer also. I know that this is a hard time. Thanks for sharing even though I know it must have been hard. I am sending a big hug your way. Be strong.

25. kaethe

September 1st, 2011 at 3:34 pm

heart. break.

26. Melinda

September 1st, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Very sorry to hear about this Jasmine ๐Ÿ™ So glad you were able to really capture her essence in those photo shoots… I’m sure her parents will forever cherish those photos. She seemed like such a fun, sweet girl.

27. Tanya De Leeuw

September 1st, 2011 at 3:40 pm

So very sorry for your loss, J*. Sending you, your family, and Grace’s, wishes of support and comfort at this very sad time.

28. Heather M

September 1st, 2011 at 3:53 pm

God Bless Grace…a beautiful girl. I am so saddened to read this post after being so moved by her previous session. Life is precious. Hold those near and dear to you tight.

29. LEOLAK

September 1st, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Thank your for having the courage to write this…I’m sorry for your loss, Grace’s family’s loss, and your sister Zoe, and all those who Grace’s life touched directly and indirectly. May you all find some comfort in the warmth and love being sent your way.

Thank you for sharing Grace’s story with me (us), it also had an impact on me and I will never forget her for being so brave in her fight and willingness to share a piece of her life with the world.

(((((BIG HUG)))))

30. Shefali Lindsey

September 1st, 2011 at 3:57 pm

This gave me goosebumps. I’m sorry for her family and your family’s loss. But, I am so happy that she lived such a full live impacting and spreading her love. Prayers with everyone who knew her especially her family and your sister.

31. Susan

September 1st, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Oh gosh, as soon as I saw that photo, I knew what you were going to say. I’m so sad to hear this. Having spent most of 2010 battling cancer, I was very moved by your earlier posts about Grace. It is good to share your pain – so many are hurting along with you. Sending love to Zoe and your entire family.

32. Children's Photographer, Gardner KS

September 1st, 2011 at 4:07 pm

I’m so sorry to hear this. ๐Ÿ™ I had a client lose a son last year from Zelwegers Spectrum. It was both beautiful and heartbreaking to photograph their last session with him. People like that say with you and remind us why we do what we do. Keep your chin up dear.

33. MiaS

September 1st, 2011 at 4:10 pm

As soon as I saw the photo, I started crying. I knew this post would only bring bad news.

Please pass along my prayers to the family and your sister.

34. Katie Schoepflin

September 1st, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Such a devastating loss – sending prayers to you, your sister and family and to Grace’s family as well. This is a difficult time and know that you are all in our prayers. Such a beautiful way of remembering her strength.

35. sherry boles

September 1st, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Sending prayers of comfort for her family and friends. It sounds like she was an amazing young lady!

36. gladys jem

September 1st, 2011 at 4:18 pm

so sorry to hear this, jasmine. thinking of you + your family + and grace’s family. she’s in great hands now w/ the lord. <3

37. Caron Cooper

September 1st, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Very moving. My sympathies.

38. angel

September 1st, 2011 at 4:19 pm

as soon as I saw the feed with the link to your blog my heart dropped. no words can help. only God. may He provide peace to her family and yours.

39. Lori

September 1st, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Your posts about Grace touched my heart so much in the past and brought back so many memories I too am a childhood cancer survivor but during Jr High my best friend was also diagnosed with Leukemia. Cancer as horrible as the disease is also makes you out to be the strongest person you can ever be. Your posts about Grace showed her true beauty not only skin deep but within her heart <3 May her legacy live on through her family and friends

40. The New Diplomat's Wife

September 1st, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I knew when I saw the title. Very sorry for your and your family’s loss.

41. Erin J.

September 1st, 2011 at 4:20 pm

So sorry Jasmine! Will be thinking of her family & yours.

42. Leanne Wight

September 1st, 2011 at 4:20 pm

As I read the first words of this post, I gasped and the tears started because I realized that you were telling us Grace had passed away. I didn’t even know her, but through your beautiful photographs and words, she touched my heart! I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing Grace with us; her story, her beauty, her smile! Our hearts are heavy, but we do not greive without hope! I will be praying for Grace’s family and yours. God bless!

43. Lindsay Madden

September 1st, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Hi J*…I am truly sorry for your loss & Grace’s family {and your sister Zoe} are in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing her story. xoxo

44. David Jay

September 1st, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Love you Jasmine!

45. Theresa Santoro

September 1st, 2011 at 4:20 pm

And he will raise her up on eagles wings… Here for a blessed moment in time, forever with God in heaven. Grace even touched those of us that never met her. What a perfect name she was given at the time of her birth, as she lived her life in sheer grace. May the peace of the Lord be with all of you during this time of sorrow. She will live on forever in the hearts of those that loved her.

46. Katy

September 1st, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I am so sorry for you and your sister. My sister lost her best friend a few years back and as an older sister, watching her grieve has been one of my hardest trials to bear. Just have faith in God and know Grace will always be with Zoe. Their bond is one that will never be broken, not even by death. It saddened me to see this post, but your memories as well as your photos will always and forever be treasured by her family and yours. You are extremely talented and through your work have shared Grace with the world conveying all that you feel for her. You are blessed.

47. Arielle

September 1st, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Oh Jasmine, I am so sad to hear of Grace’s passing. It is truly a tragedy for the world that this beautiful and strong young woman is gone. I deeply thank you for sharing her story over the years – she has been in my prayers since I first read about her here thanks to you.

48. Courtney

September 1st, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Definitely praying for you all! ๐Ÿ™

49. Catie Ronquillo

September 1st, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Much love and many prayers for Grace’s family, Zoe and your entire family. I’m inspired by her life, thank you for sharing.

50. erin cefalu

September 1st, 2011 at 4:23 pm

So sorry for your family’s lost. She sounds like a remarkable human being. I’m sure she was just as grateful as much as you are to have been in each other’s lives. Your family and her family will be in my prayers.

51. Crystal Goss

September 1st, 2011 at 4:23 pm

J, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking. So hard to understand. We can’t understand. Thoughts, love, and prayers to you, Grace’s family, Zoe, and everyone else who knew and loved her.

52. Gail

September 1st, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Oh Jasmine…my heart aches for your family. For Grace’s family. For your little sister.

Prayers for strength for all of you. I read something the other day in some spiritual text that is so powerful–and I can’t help but think of it when I think of what you shared about Grace:

โ€œWe like to talk about โ€˜having the faith to be healed,โ€™ but what about having the faith to be sick?โ€

It’s so true isn’t it?

Hugs and love,

53. tish hill

September 1st, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Prayers go to her family and yours… Now her beautiful smile is in heaven.

54. jeani musselman

September 1st, 2011 at 4:24 pm

My deepest condolences to Grace’s family, to you, and to your sister, Zoe. Through your gift, so many have come to know and love Grace and her amazing courage. May her strength be your strength.

55. Kristie

September 1st, 2011 at 4:25 pm

What an amazing gift you gave her and her family with these photos and your presence in life. This gives me chills to read because we are dealing with family issues like this. I wish I could get our Aunt to take photos while she is here for us- we really don’t know when something like this will happen. Thank you for being real and sharing- sending all of my love!

56. Shawna

September 1st, 2011 at 4:25 pm

She was absolutely beautiful. Much love and prayers to you, her family and friends.

57. Angela Lyons

September 1st, 2011 at 4:26 pm

What an amazing, vibrant, beautiful young soul…a soul that is finally free <3 The angels are celebrating her homecoming!!! For that I am so thankful that God’s mercy works in ways we don’t always understand. At the same time, I am so very sorry-I could feel a nick in my heart as I read your post, looking at her photo..and I cried for you. I will pray for you and your family…even though you don’t know me <3

58. Laura Stricklin

September 1st, 2011 at 4:26 pm

*speechless* There is nothing any of us can say that will ease this pain you, the family, Grace’s family, and Zoe are experiencing. But the saying goes, just keep looking to God for strength and know prayers are coming from all around the world – Laura- Coal Hill, Arkansas!

59. Maria (aka Mavi)

September 1st, 2011 at 4:27 pm

I’m so sorry to hear this. Grace’s story was truly inspiring and I can only imagine the pain that her family, as well as yours, must be feeling. Just know that she’s in a better place and you have another angel looking after you. God bless.

60. Lida Mathews

September 1st, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Praying for you during this difficult time – the best thing that we know about this is that she is waiting for you guys in Heaven and that’s super exciting! I’m praying that all of your families and the people who loved Grace remember her spirit and happiness. Praying for you!

61. Renee

September 1st, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Sending hugs from Cincinnati to you and everyone hurting from this loss. Her spirit will live on through fond memories and your photosโ€”which is something to smile about!

62. Janae

September 1st, 2011 at 4:30 pm

So sad to hear of Graceโ€™s passing. It was a pleasure knowing her from the beautiful photos you captured and shared with all of us of such a beautiful young woman. Praying for her family and praying from Zoe and your family.

63. jeramy

September 1st, 2011 at 4:30 pm

i’m so sorry for you loss. hang in there.

64. Abby Grace

September 1st, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Oh man, I can’t even imagine what Grace’s family and friends must be going through right now. I’ll definitely be praying for peace through all of this. I hope Zoe is doing alright.

65. Angi Davis

September 1st, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Oh Jasmine…you and your family, especially Zoe, have my sincerest condolences. As the auntie of a 3+ year Ewing’s Sarcoma survivor, my 13-year-old niece Cali, I’ve looked childhood cancer in the face. Hers. Her mother’s. Our family’s. And I don’t like it. At. All. But…like Grace, Cali has taught me how to live! So have all of her friends at St. Jude. And not just the survivors – the angels, more so! Bless Grace’s family and friends, and peace to you all…

66. Natalie Tuggle

September 1st, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Thank you for posting this. You have let her touch our hearts again. I will be praying for you and especially for her family.

67. Dallas

September 1st, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Dearest Jasmine,

From every one of your posts about her, it was apparent that Grace was a truly wonderful person that this world was lucky to have.

I’m sending my thoughts, prayers, hugs, and condolences to you, Zoe, your family, and beautiful Grace’s family.

68. Matt

September 1st, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I’m so saddened by your loss. We all came to know her through your blogs posts. Her courage, strength, and faith are inspiring.
    Even now, when I look at the image on this post my heart is filled with joy.
    We were all blessed to know her, even if it was only through a blog post!

69. Monique Cortinas

September 1st, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for you and your families loss. She sounds like an Amazing person to have lived such a short life. Love her, remember and talk of her. She was in this world for a reason.

70. Valerie

September 1st, 2011 at 4:37 pm

This post had me in tears. The first set of photos you posted of her, I remember thinking "Wow – she is so gorgeous and looks so happy". Rest in Jesus’s arms dear Grace.

71. Whitney

September 1st, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Praying for Zoe and Grace’s entire family, and you.

72. Felicia

September 1st, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Jasmine, I am so sorry for your lose. Through your blog and your sisters I have followed Grace’s story and I am heart broken that the world has lost such a beautiful person.

73. Lindsey

September 1st, 2011 at 4:38 pm

My prayers to Grace, your younger sister, you and your family. What a fitting name for such a beautiful young woman, she gives me perspective and reminds me to live with ‘grace’ every day. ((HUGS)) JS,

74. MartaV

September 1st, 2011 at 4:39 pm

My heart goes out to you and all of Grace’s friends and family. It was obvious she was a beautiful woman inside and out who was truly and deeply loved.
    This summer I lost my younger sister to cancer so I can understand how hard a time this is for all of you. My heart goes out to you. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

75. alaina bos

September 1st, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss. Ever since I started following the blog I have thought about Grace often. I hope your family and especially Zoe finds comfort in the arms of friends and family. I’ll be thinking of you guys during this difficult time.

76. elena Hernandez

September 1st, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Blessings to Grace’s family and friends at this time of grieving and healing…Well said Jasmine and a lovely image of a happy young girl.

77. Genevieve

September 1st, 2011 at 4:42 pm

This brought tears to my eyes and heart ache in my chest. I am so sorry for your loss, your sister’s loss, and Grace’s Family.

78. Amanada Donaho

September 1st, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Oh no… I’m so so very sorry for your loss. I’ve loved reading about her over the last year or so – she radiated beauty from the inside out.

79. Kay

September 1st, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Aw I remember when you posted her beautiful pictures last year. My heart goes out to her family and friends and she seemed like such a radiant person letting God’s love shine through her <3

80. Shannon Wilkinson

September 1st, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Oh Jasmine. I’m so very sorry for the loss that you and Zoe are most assuredly feeling at the loss of Grace. May all those who love Grace find peace and solace.

81. Whitney Gray

September 1st, 2011 at 4:46 pm

That’s SO sad. Such a young girl! My prayers go out to all who love her!

82. steph

September 1st, 2011 at 4:46 pm

What an incredible legacy!

I’m praying for the peace of God to be upon you all, and that you will realize that the punish that brings YOU peace was upon Him. He bore your sorrow upon Himself, so that you could be made whole.

83. Kimberly

September 1st, 2011 at 4:47 pm

May the Lord Bless You, may the Lord keep you and may HIS Grace shine upon you. Papa Chuck says that and for some reason it always makes my heart hurt a tiny bit less. xoxo

84. Stephanie

September 1st, 2011 at 4:48 pm

It brought me to tears reading your post today. I’m so sorry for your loss. While it is a difficult time right now, I’m sure the beautiful photos you took of Grace will keep her memory alive for those who knew her.

85. Daniela Burzese

September 1st, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Jas, I feel like I know so much of Grace because of you. I even read your sisters blog post a while back about her. My heart goes out to you all. xo.

86. Jesselynn Quinn

September 1st, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I’m sorry to hear this, Jasmine. My heart goes out to you and Grace’s family. You are both beautiful and have touched many lives.

87. Jennifer Lynn Photography

September 1st, 2011 at 4:53 pm

My heart breaks for you and your family. For Grace’s family too. Lean on each other. Love each other! Sending you all my love and support from Portland. ๐Ÿ™

88. Charity Waddington

September 1st, 2011 at 4:54 pm

This is the end to her suffering, take comfort in knowing that someday you will rejoice with her again where there will be no pain and suffering, only worshiping!

89. Michelle Edgerton

September 1st, 2011 at 4:56 pm

What a beautiful tribute. My thoughts are you with you, Grace’s family, and your sister during this hard time.

90. Qiana Nicole

September 1st, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Jasmine, THANK YOU (I am proud of you) I know this had to be hard for you to share but JESUS knew it was what I NEEDED THIS DAY! This post touched me in an UNEXPLAINABLE way , yet this morning I needed "GRACE" !!! and what she taught you was what I needed to hear! Thank you for sharing! Hugging you from here! my prayers have been said for her family and friends … (HUGS and THANK YOU!)

91. shirley

September 1st, 2011 at 5:00 pm

i’m so sorry! my thoughts and prayers are with you and your families. Grace is free now. may God give you all comfort during this time!

92. Mike Moore

September 1st, 2011 at 5:01 pm

That is one of the most beautiful pictures ever taken…

93. Emily Heizer, Photography with Flair

September 1st, 2011 at 5:06 pm

I’m so sorry. I know from experiencing that writing about it is like admitting that it happened, and it’s like you never want to do that… I know. I’m so sorry.

94. athena p

September 1st, 2011 at 5:06 pm

xo. times a gagillion. for you. for zoe. for grace’s family. for all who hurt more than they should ever have to because they lost this very amazing young woman. x. o.

95. Amanda Driver

September 1st, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Oh Jasmine, I’m so sorry. Sending you and your family and hers lots of love and prayers.

96. Sharmeen

September 1st, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I am so sorry for the loss. I pray for her family and your’s in this time, and hope Grace’s legacy and courage lives on.

97. Vanessa C

September 1st, 2011 at 5:09 pm

So very sorry for everyones loss. May her love. courage and strength life on within everyone of you. I remember in the previous post, the wonderful night that JD set up for them…and that makes me smile!

98. Gaby Fuentes { NJ Wedding Photographer }

September 1st, 2011 at 5:09 pm

My heart goes out to her family! Terrible loss.

99. Jamie Solorio

September 1st, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I am so very sorry for you, your sister and Grace’s family and friends. My thoughts and prayers go to everybody touched by Grace’s time spent here.

100. Kate Douthwright

September 1st, 2011 at 5:12 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, her families loss and especially your little sister’s loss of her best friend. You all have such a strong support system through your amazing family. Lean on each other while you think of the fun memories of Grace. Thinking of all of you! xoxo

101. Life with Kaishon

September 1st, 2011 at 5:13 pm

I so wanted her to beat it.
    : (
    Praying for your sister and her family especially.

102. Marie

September 1st, 2011 at 5:14 pm

I was holding it together till I saw your Dad changed his profile picture. I think Gracie touched so many more lives than you can even imagine. Sending sooooomuch love to you, Zoe, your family and Gracie’s.

103. Sabrina Nicole

September 1st, 2011 at 5:23 pm

My heart goes out to your family and to Grace’s. I have lost three people this past month & it truly does leave a hole in your heart. The best way to keep someone alive is to love them forever, because true love never dies.

104. Maddy

September 1st, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Even though I read your blog everyday, this is my first time commenting. I am heartbroken after your news about Grace. I remember when you photographed her so beautifully and how happy she looked in those pictures, as well as the prom pictures with your sister. Her fearlessness and joy for life shined though in your images. My heart goes out to all the people that knew and loved her.

105. Leslie Morris

September 1st, 2011 at 5:44 pm

I’m so very sorry for the loss to her family and to yours. You shared her with all of us through your blog so my heart felt so full when I read of her passing.

When I look at your picture of her, it reminds me that it is a blessing and a gift to have captured the memory of her beautiful smile in your photographs. Her soul lives on through all of you who were blessed to know her.

Thank you for sharing.

106. SarahV

September 1st, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Upon just seeing the title of this post, I was instantly saddened. She is a wonderfully, beautiful girl who was surrounded by amazing loving people who gave her the best life they could. I can’t imagine the sadness that you all are feeling but I know that she is still out there watching over you, reading her fashion magazines and prepping the other side for when you return to her. Much love and respect for you, your family and for hers.

107. Rebecca

September 1st, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Oh, Jasmine! My heart aches for you and your family! It’s so clear to all of us how special Grace was, and how close she is in your heart! We’re praying for her family and yours! Much Love! <3

108. Nathan Leduc

September 1st, 2011 at 5:52 pm

As sad and as painful it is to lose someone so close. I’m very confident that Grace is in a way better place and if you were to ask her if she wanted to come back more then likely she would say no thanks I’m having the time of my life.

109. Stephanie

September 1st, 2011 at 5:55 pm

I’m so incredibly sad for your loss. The story brought me to tears.

I hope that Grace can live on through these pictures and the people she has been able to touch. You captured her so well, and her light shines through. It is evident in these photos that she was full of love.

110. astami

September 1st, 2011 at 5:56 pm

i cried reading this blog post. i didn’t even know grace and yet i felt both pain and ease. life, i shall take for granted, no more. grace will have forever taught me a valuable lesson. love. love. and love some more…

111. Molly W.

September 1st, 2011 at 6:02 pm

My heart hurts for you and your family, and for her family. What a beautiful soul, now she gets to run with Jesus, lucky her.

112. Kaitlyn

September 1st, 2011 at 6:05 pm

i don’t ever comment, i just take in what you write and enjoy your work.

i’m sorry for your loss- know you’re being thought of and hoping your heart heals in time.

113. Karen Meissner

September 1st, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Jasmine, Cling to the things that Grace has taught you. Thinking of your family. Thanks for sharing.

114. Anahy

September 1st, 2011 at 6:09 pm

May God give you strength and peace rejoicing in the great moments you had with Grace. She touched many lives. We are all thinking about her and her loved ones. Many hugs.

115. Courtney

September 1st, 2011 at 6:13 pm

I lost my best friend, from before birth, at 12. She also died of cancer and was an amazing child. Her name was Emily, and I have always said that my first daughter would be named Emily Grace. The posts about your Grace have been powerful to me, because Emily too was a picture of Grace. God will heal your heart, and you know she is in a better place with no cancer and no treatments. She is happier and you can now be happy for her. I will keep your family in my prayers. Thank you so much for sharing.

116. Deyla Huss Photography

September 1st, 2011 at 6:15 pm

I know this had to be hard to write and I know her battle was so hard. What a gorgeous gorgeous girl she was and will be -she will be continuing to ROCK IT up in heaven above!

117. Jaquielyn

September 1st, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Aw Jasmine, our hearts break for you, Zoe, and Grace’s family. There is so much love, positive energy, and prayers towards you all right now. I hope you find peace in this difficult time- We love you!

118. anouschka

September 1st, 2011 at 6:19 pm

As soon as I saw the title, I knew what this post would be about. I’m SO sorry to hear this horrible news Jasmine. Wishing you, Grace’s family, your family, Grace’s friends and your sister so much strength…

119. Nelly

September 1st, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Oh my. I am so very sorry of the lost of this young woman and my thoughts go out to those who knew her and shared her wonderful LIFE. It is so often reminded to do what you love and do it often. Live life. She did just that!

120. Lisa

September 1st, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Thank you for having the courage to write this, I have thought about Grace often. I am so so very heart broken to hear of your loss. It sounds like Grace’s beautiful soul has blessed so many people. Cancer sucks!! Your and Grace’s family are in my thoughts and prayers.

121. Erin

September 1st, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Very sorry for your loss, Jasmine. Peace to you and the family.

122. Ana Telma

September 1st, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I could not believe what my eyes were just reading at your facebook wall. I always loved the great pictures of Grace you always put here. She had a smile in her eyes. The last post I saw, the one they were going to prom, was just so full of joy and hope. I can imagine what kind of thoughts this moment bring to you, due to your mom’s battle with cancer too… But this is our life. It’s not better or worse than anyone’s. I can just thank you for opportunity you gave me to meet a sparkle of Grace and now, for being able to look up and blow her a kiss. Stay strong and more strong than never. All my prayers to her family.

123. Mikaela

September 1st, 2011 at 6:33 pm

what an incredible girl! and now gets to be in the presence of her Saviour. many prayers to you all xox

124. jacquelyn

September 1st, 2011 at 6:41 pm

So sorry to hear of Grace’s death. Praying for your family and hers.

125. Aaron V.

September 1st, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Wow…I’m sorry to read this Jasmine..she’s in a better place…be strong… or should I say stronger…

126. Aimee

September 1st, 2011 at 6:41 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss. Much love to your family and hers.

127. Claire

September 1st, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Thank you for sharing this. I’ve followed your posts about her in the past, and have wondered how she is. I’m so sorry for your loss…

128. Shannon Von Eschen

September 1st, 2011 at 6:51 pm

OH Jasmine I feel for you and your family! Especially your sister and Grace’s family! ='( I will say a prayer for you all for strength! xo

129. Eileen

September 1st, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. You all are in my prayers.

130. Kea

September 1st, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I am so sorry to hear about Grace passing. Even though her family is grieving, these pictures you captured of her will me the world to them forever!

131. Kathy T

September 1st, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I am so sorry to hear of your friend’s loss…sounds like Grace’s lessons in life should be applied to everyone..how lucky for you to have known her…prayers to you and her family, who must be hurting so badly <3

132. Pam

September 1st, 2011 at 7:03 pm

what a gift she gave you, your family, and your sister that you see not to live life with regrets!! celebrate life and savor it. Just last week I read a book by James Patterson- letters to Jennifer- and it speaks of living life fully from the moment our eyes open until we can’t hold them up any more at the end of the day… so worthwhile reading.
    Peace to you, your sister and Grace’s family.

133. krista

September 1st, 2011 at 7:04 pm

sending love and prayers your way. i know your sister will treasure the photos of grace and herself for many, many years to come. hugs!

134. Kira

September 1st, 2011 at 7:05 pm

My heart goes out to you, your family, and Gracie’s family. While you may be mourning, she’s happily dancing in Heaven ๐Ÿ™‚

135. Suzy G

September 1st, 2011 at 7:06 pm

It is moments like this that I realize why God even seeks to still strive with mankind. There are those, gone to soon, that lived a life that touched and changed all around them. Though when they are gone we never understand it, we question it, even question him, we cry and our heart barely beats, their memory propels us foward to be better, a better christian, a better human, full of kindness and love. What a beautiful girl, what a beautiful spirit to have been blessed to know. I pray that your family and hers finds comfort in Gods arms. Thank you for sharing and for reminding us all life should be lived with beauty, strength, and hope that all comes from God above. Lifting you up to the master who holds us all.

136. Chanelle

September 1st, 2011 at 7:06 pm

so sorry to hear this, always so sad to loose somebody so young

137. kafi

September 1st, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Thank you for sharing a bit of Zoe with us.
    Psalm 148:3

138. Orly Lyndon

September 1st, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Praying for her family and you guys so sad, i know how you feel my friend passed last month and i can still hear her laughing. One day they will find a cure for this disease until then they have gone back to God. Huge Hugs xox

139. Tarah

September 1st, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Jasmine, I’ve been reading your blog for a few years and therefore have been following Grace’s story through you. I read this post with tears in my eyes, being burdened for your family and Grace’s. I’m praying for all of you. I’ve been touched by the stories you have told of Grace. The beautiful thing about legacy, is it lives on here on Earth with us even when that person’s soul is living on with Jesus. Even though I never got to meet Grace here on Earth, I’m looking forward to doing so in Heaven. God bless.

140. Andrea Roe

September 1st, 2011 at 7:17 pm

So sorry for you and your families loss, as well as her own. I’ll be praying for all of you. Jasmine you are so talented, and such a blessing to the family to capture this beautiful image of her. Hugs to all of you.

141. Jessica Chavez

September 1st, 2011 at 7:18 pm

My dearest Jasmine, when I read the about Grace my heart broke. With your posts and Bianca’s you made us feel like we were part of her life, her battles, her joys and now her legacy. My prayers go out to you, your family, Zoey and of course Gracie’s family and friends. Thank you for sharing her life with us and extending her love for God and life. Hugs, prayers and blessings!! xoxo

142. Sarah

September 1st, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Such empty words but backed up by great emotion. You, your family and Grace’s family and friends are in my prayers.

143. Julie

September 1st, 2011 at 7:24 pm

I’m so very sorry and so sad to hear this. I remember when you first posted her photos and story. Cancer is a horrible horrible disease. I’m very raw as well and in the midst of unbearable grief myself. My husband passed away one month ago from his battle with cancer at the age of 43. I haven’t even been able to write about it yet on my own blog, but I wanted to let you know how sorry I am and that I will keep you and your family and Grace’s family in my prayers.

144. Wendy Imbornoni

September 1st, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Sernding you love and light and reiki helaing energy.

145. Abby

September 1st, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Having just lost my Mom to Lung cancer in June, this hits particularly close to home for me.
    I wish you the best most beautiful and full memories of Grace, and my God comfort you and your little sister. What a hard thing to deal with at such a young age.
    Blessings and peace,

146. Allison Walton

September 1st, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Though I never met Grace, I feel as if I know her because of the beautiful love and friendship you shared on this blog. Your family and zoe are in my prayers. It will hurt for a long time. But someone like Grace never really leaves us.

147. Gabrielle Foster

September 1st, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Jasmine – I will be praying for you, Zoe and Grace’s family. Thank you for your previous posts on Grace. Because of you, the world knows what a special girl Grace was!

148. Jacinda Davis

September 1st, 2011 at 7:30 pm

It is my prayer that you all may find the joy in this time of grief. I know that the joy and peace are there as I lost my mom to cancer a few months ago. It’s hard making plans knowing the people you love won’t be there, but when it comes to things like cancer, there’s relief in knowing the worst is over for them. Glad you were able to capture some beautiful moments of Grace during the short time she was here. ๐Ÿ™‚ May that smile spur you all on in the days to come.

149. Carrie K

September 1st, 2011 at 7:31 pm

That post wasn’t messy at all. Gracious, loving and compassionate. Prayers to Zoe and that God will use this powerful life to His glory.

150. alicia schneider

September 1st, 2011 at 7:36 pm

What an amazing girl and what amazing things she taught to you and others close to her! My heart and condolences go out to you and those closest to her!

151. Tye

September 1st, 2011 at 7:37 pm

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss Jasmine. I too have been having a hard time deciding to post about the recent death of the daughter of dear friends. There is nothing harder than to say goodbye to someone so young, but remember she will always be in your hearts. Her life was enriched by friends like you. Peace to you, your family and hers.

152. Malinda

September 1st, 2011 at 7:45 pm

I’m so sorry to hear she has passed… hugs to Zoe… and sending love to Grace’s family.

153. Tina

September 1st, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Ugh, my heart breaks for Grace’s friends and family, I’ll be praying for them all….

154. kari

September 1st, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Almost didn’t comment, bcuz words just aren’t enough ~ BUT I had to let you know my thoughts are with you. I lost my beautiful cousin, Paula, at the age of 21 to cancer. She too had a fabulous relationship with God, which helps us remaining here on earth to find peace with the unsettling event…. I wish you peace โ™ฅ

155. Alicia Candelora

September 1st, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Crazy! Last week I thought very randomly about the shoot you did with her a while back, I wondered how she was, and I shot up a prayer of strength and encouragement for her family. I think it was last Wednesday. Interesting how God puts things on our hearts even from across the country. My prayers will definitely continue to be with Grace’s family, Zoe, and the rest of your family.

156. Anne

September 1st, 2011 at 7:51 pm

I cried. From a blog post. My heart aches for you, your sister and Grace’s family. You all are in my thoughts.

157. Kimberly

September 1st, 2011 at 7:59 pm

{Hugs} What a beautiful spirit. I was pulling for her…

158. Sharma Shari

September 1st, 2011 at 7:59 pm

The miracle we were asking for her just happened. Grace is now cancer free, without any more pain. I keep praying for you, your family and her family. To find comfort in the blessing of having her in your life. A BIG HUG!

159. Nicola Stegmann

September 1st, 2011 at 7:59 pm

So sorry for your loss Jasmine… xx

160. Nicole Renee

September 1st, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Nothing but tears after I read your sadness and loss in this post. Hugs and prayers to you and your family <3

161. Emma Gardiner

September 1st, 2011 at 8:15 pm

May I extend my sincere sympathy to you, Jasmine, your family and Grace’s family. What an absolutely beautiful girl. I am so grateful for every day on this Earth and I am never sad to grow older another day. Rest in peace, Grace.

162. Chelsey

September 1st, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I lost my stepdad to cancer five month ago. It’s never easy, but isn’t it amazing that someone going through something so intense can still manage to see the beauty in life and in others around them? My stepdad never once let cancer get him down, he fought every day. This was a touching post Jasmine, and I don’t normally comment, but I’m so sorry for your loss. Cancer suck!

163. Nicole

September 1st, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I am sorry for your loss Jasmine!! What an awesome person she was and you were able to capture that in your photo!! and the words you write about her!! God bless you and your family!!

164. Yvette Villareal

September 1st, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I am truly sorry for your lose of a friend/beautiful spirit. : (

I pray for God’s love to grace you all and keep you strong through this difficult time. : (

165. angel canary

September 1st, 2011 at 9:14 pm

My love goes out to her family and yours alike. Her spirit will shine on through our hearts and the lives she has impacted.

166. Kimberly

September 1st, 2011 at 9:26 pm

I didn’t even know her and she has affected me….I’m so sorry for you and your families loss. Thank you for sharing your heart and hers.

167. Melanie

September 1st, 2011 at 9:49 pm

I am so sorry Jasmine. My heart goes out to Grace’s family & friends. You are all in my prayers.

168. Kaleigh Turner

September 1st, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Oh no! Jasmine, I’m so sorry for you and your sister and your families. I was really pulling for her and have loved reading about her….what an inspiration she was and her spirit will live on through your photos and in the strength she shared…yoh guys are in my prayers!

169. ALI

September 1st, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Thank you for sharing Grace’s beauty. So sorry for your loss.

170. Bethany Cox

September 1st, 2011 at 10:34 pm

what a blessing she must have been in and to your family. .. i am sorry for the loss for all of us. she sounded like a rad chick for sure.

171. Alexis

September 1st, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Dear Jasmine,

I read about your family friend Grace’s going to sleep on Bianca’s blog.

I want you to know and take heart in remembering that at the end of heartache here on Earth is HOPE because when Jesus Christ returns to Earth, He will put a permanent end to sin and we’ll be reunited with our loved ones who were "asleep in Jesus" and we will together be ushered into eternity. Did I mention we will become immortal as in no more death, dying, destruction and devastation? ๐Ÿ™‚

Here’s a great song by Christian artist Laura story on how our trials here on Earth can actually be considered as God’s "mercies in disguise".

I will be praying for the healing of your family’s hearts as you walk through this difficult time.

Here’s the song performed by Laura Story LIVE at K-LOVE (GREAT Christian radio station located in California):

God bless you! ๐Ÿ™‚

172. Evie

September 1st, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I’m so sorry to hear of such a great loss. I’ll be praying for your sister, Zoe. My husband is a youth pastor and teens are so dear to my heart. Rest in God’s grace.

173. Chanelle

September 1st, 2011 at 11:58 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I know how much she meant to your family, especially your little sister. Her family and yours is in my prayers. God Bless!

174. michelle

September 2nd, 2011 at 12:06 am

I’m so sorry for your (& your family’s) loss and for Grace’s family. What a beautiful girl. (((hugs)))

175. Christa Hann

September 2nd, 2011 at 12:12 am

I softly cry as I read this….You introduced us to Grace & we all fell in love with her. Your loss is our loss also. Praying for you, Zoe & Graces family during this difficult time. God Bless

176. Tira J

September 2nd, 2011 at 12:20 am

Oh Jasmine, I am so sorry for your loss. I was reading B’s blog yesterday and just sobbed. My heart aches for Grace’s entire family, as well as yours. Miss Zoe lost her best friend, but she will be reunited again someday. Today, my heart aches too, as it was 25 years ago today that my father also lost his battle to brain/lung cancer. All of our loved ones teach us so many lessons in life, but the most important one is GRACE! Love ya! xoxo

177. honeymyheart

September 2nd, 2011 at 12:20 am

so sorry for your loss. she is beautiful and in a beautiful place now. sending a thought and prayer to you and your family.

178. Belinda

September 2nd, 2011 at 12:52 am

=( I’m so sorry for the loss and pain that you and your family must be feeling right now. It sounds like she was an amazing girl.

179. Falcon

September 2nd, 2011 at 1:23 am

Jasmine, thank you for sharing a post as personal as this one. I remember your previous posts on Grace and I was immediately impacted by how bright her spirit shone through the photos you took of her. I’ve experienced death of immediate family members from a young age beginning with my mother, so I definitely know how you feel. I happened to stumble across this book, A Lamp in the Darkness, this morning through a recommendation and I couldn’t help but not share it with you:

My thoughts will be with you and Grace’s family, hang in there ๐Ÿ™‚

180. Amber

September 2nd, 2011 at 1:30 am

I’m so sorry, my heart is with her family. ((hugs))

181. Janet Cruz

September 2nd, 2011 at 1:31 am

Dear Jasmine, there is nothing else as final as when someone passes. I have spent years trying to find a way to live with this pain, Only to find out there is no way, you just live.
    I have also come to know that when life with someone is so good and wonderful the end is all the more painful. It’s all the joy and love in the middle that makes the pain so bad in the end. Chances are we would never change all the love and joy to escape the pain. In essence it’s that love that makes the pain worth it. That said cancer sucks and it is never easy to loss someone. My heart is breaking for you and your family & Grace’s family and particularly your sister. You are in my prayers. And people never really leave us as long as we keep their love and memory alive. Your beautiful pictures of Grace will keep her with us forever! ~J~

182. Denise Prichett

September 2nd, 2011 at 1:47 am

Jasmine, I am blinking back tears for you, this young lady and her family. Life is so precious – capturing images of people and families is really a powerful thing when you think about it. Thanks for sharing so much with your web family.

183. Kristin Nicole

September 2nd, 2011 at 1:55 am

I am sorry for your loss., but so glad that Jesus conquered the grave. Praying for you and for Zoe.

184. Regina White

September 2nd, 2011 at 1:57 am

I am so sorry. It’s so hard to go through a great loss and someone so young. We just loss my friends 21 year old son last friday and it’s been so hard. I pray for peace for you and I and her family.

September 2nd, 2011 at 1:57 am

I’m so sorry for your loss. Grace sounds like an amazing girl that made an eternal impact on the lives of others! So thankful she’s in the arms of Jesus!

186. brianne howard

September 2nd, 2011 at 2:11 am

this just breaks my heart. it’s times like this that makes you sit back and thank god for everything he has given you. it also makes you realize you should never waste a day because you never know when it’ll be your last. i’m so sorry for you loss.

187. Lisa B. Photography

September 2nd, 2011 at 2:27 am

My deepest and most sincere condolences go out to her family and friends. She really was a beautiful young lady. Rest in Paradise, darling Grace.

188. Nauheim

September 2nd, 2011 at 2:40 am

so, so sorry……I will be praying for you, your family, Grace’s family. God bless all of you!

189. Ely

September 2nd, 2011 at 2:43 am

What a beautiful girl. The world will miss a smile like that. I’m glad you were blessed to have taken pictures of her, her family and loved ones will cherish them forever.

190. Angela Young

September 2nd, 2011 at 2:44 am

Such a beautiful young lady….may all her family and friends remember all the lessons she taught them in her moments on earth. May they feel her as she watches over them. May they all be joined together again one day in heaven–where I am sure she is smiling just as big now, just as in the picture you posted. ((((HUGS)))))

191. Jeff Garban

September 2nd, 2011 at 3:04 am

Dear J*,

~ Jeff

192. Lisa P.

September 2nd, 2011 at 4:09 am

Jasmine, my prayers are with you, Zoe and Grace’s family. I’m glad you had the opportunity to capture Grace’s beauty as well as the friendship between her and Zoe in your photographs.

193. Mindy Metivier

September 2nd, 2011 at 4:13 am

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and Grace’s family. I’m so sorry for your loss. She is a beautiful angel…hugs.

194. Kare

September 2nd, 2011 at 4:17 am

Jasmine, my prayers to you, Zoe, and Grace’s family. She was such a beautiful girl, thank you for sharing just a bit of her with the rest of us.

195. Brandon Dykes

September 2nd, 2011 at 4:21 am

The loss of a bright flame is hard. You have my prayers.

196. Hannah Key

September 2nd, 2011 at 4:39 am

First off, I wanted to say that your blog has been such an inspiration to me as a budding photographer. You are so real, and I love your philosophy on photography.

Second, I lost one of my best friends to cancer in February. Nothing can replace the void, but she, too, taught me so much about living a life full of joy and hope and faith.

Praying for you.

197. creativeKayt

September 2nd, 2011 at 5:06 am

Jasmine, Zoe, and Grace’s family and loved ones. I’m so sorry to hear about this. Know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

198. Erin Oveis Brant

September 2nd, 2011 at 5:18 am

I don’t know what to say other than I’m so very sorry to hear this news. I will be sending lots of love your way.

199. Rory Mole

September 2nd, 2011 at 6:07 am

I just had to comment on this one….
    I think you mentioned that Grace taught you to cling to God… this obviously means that she clung to God herself which makes me think that she was a Christian. No doubt at all that she is in heaven and we all who love and serve our Lord Jesus Christ will see her again in heaven…..

200. brad orr

September 2nd, 2011 at 6:43 am

I can’t imagine the courage she must have had.. I’m humbled.

201. Donna Richens

September 2nd, 2011 at 7:28 am

Such a beautiful girl, such a terrible loss for all family and friends. Jasmine you have given a beautiful gift of memories which her family can cherish…they will all one day look at her beautiful smile and smile with her. Love to you all, RIP beautiful Grace xx

202. linda geertsen

September 2nd, 2011 at 8:48 am

hugs and loves sent your way. what a beautiful girl.

203. Sara Mac

September 2nd, 2011 at 9:04 am

Oh, reading this just broke my heart. Much love to Grace, her family and yours. You have another angel on your side.

204. Elizabeth

September 2nd, 2011 at 9:42 am

So sorry to hear of her passing, Grace put up a great fight.. God bless you Grace and rest in peace beautiful. You will be missed but you will not be forgotten!

205. denise karis

September 2nd, 2011 at 11:09 am

Oh no. oh no no – poor thing – I’m so sorry for her family – what a loss – she was so beautiful and I loved reading about her on your blog. I’ll say a prayer for you all – so so so much love – xoxoxoxo

206. Alison

September 2nd, 2011 at 1:43 pm

For some reason, your previous posts about this you lady were on my mind last week. I am so sadened to hear of her passing and the pain that her family (and yours) are experiencing. Thank you for sharing her story here, it hasn’t gone unheard. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you

207. Tasha Christensen

September 2nd, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Jasmine – I am so so sorry for your loss. Cancer is such an ugly thing. You don’t know quite what to say to take the hurt away from a loved one who was so close to such a amazing and
    exhilarating spirit. She looked like she was truly one of the special ones who was sent here to brighten lives of those she touched. I know she will truly be missed. I too have been touched by this ugly disease. I just lost an uncle to colon cancer. They found it 2 weeks before he passed away. It is still so raw for all of us -his picture is on my fb photog page. We are all so heartbroken and have that permanent lump in our throats that won’t seem to pass. I am so sorry for your family. You are in my prayers. Luv, Tasha

208. Kyle

September 2nd, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Thank you for the very inspirational post, it means a lot to me!

209. cory skretting

September 2nd, 2011 at 4:01 pm

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. Beauty is a gift from God, and it comes from within to shine out. Grace was/is beautiful! Thank you for sharing everything you do, I really appreciate it and I’m happy to see that you truely see real beauty and can share that with all of us.

210. Andrea

September 2nd, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I want to express how deeply sorry I am for your loss. My heart goes out to her family and your little sister. I remember the prom post from a while back and when I saw her picture on this post I sensed this was coming. What an amazing legacy to leave behind. She is now in His loving grace.

211. Molly

September 2nd, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Thanks for sharing. I know we were all rooting for her but know she is in a better place. Love and prayers to her family and friends.

212. Tara

September 2nd, 2011 at 8:15 pm

oh I am sorry for you and your family’s loss! She looks like she lived a very powerful life!

213. The Detailed Life

September 2nd, 2011 at 8:22 pm

A beautiful photo of a beautiful young lady. Sorry for your loss.

214. Cristy Cross

September 2nd, 2011 at 8:23 pm

My neighbor just lost her best friend to breast cancer a few weeks back. It so hard to think how her family will live now she is gone, but something my minister said was, "God takes you when you have completed your task mission on earth." And Grace and my neighbors best friend completed the mission God gave them, which I think was to show Gods love and teach others about him through their journey.

215. Danielle

September 2nd, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Jasmine, although I have been an avid reader/follower of your blog, I have never felt the need to comment on your posts as I feel you say everything I could think of. However, Grace’s story that you have shared with us from prom, to the photo shoot, to this.. has truly touched my heart and soul in one of the deepest places imaginable. Thank you for sharing such a personal story of courage, hope, love and sadly, heartbreak. My absolute sincerest condolences to all who were apart of Grace’s courageous life of light and love.

216. Stacey Dabbs

September 2nd, 2011 at 8:54 pm

My heart breaks for you, your family, and Grace’s family. I remember thinking how beautiful she was when you first posted her photos on your blog. It makes me smile inside knowing that she was even more beautiful on the inside than she was on the outside. I pray that God comforts and strengthens you.

217. sharon snow

September 3rd, 2011 at 1:43 am

heartbreaking, just heartbreaking. grace epitomizes all that it means to be beautiful. look at that smile, her inner beauty radiates. my prayers are with her family and yours jasmine.

218. joan zeller

September 3rd, 2011 at 2:09 am

oh so tragic.. She had a smile
    that was magical.. Just so sad..

219. Amanda Webber

September 3rd, 2011 at 5:41 am

My hearts breaks for her family and friends. I’ve lost before and there is nothing to say so instead and send you all hugs.

220. Karisa Joy

September 3rd, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I’m so sorry for your sister, your family, and Grace’s family. She sounds like she was a beautiful girl.

221. Sara

September 3rd, 2011 at 4:53 pm

2 Corinthians 1:3,4
    I hope this will help ๐Ÿ™

222. anda

September 3rd, 2011 at 5:56 pm

beautiful post, jasmine. i’m so sorry to hear of your family’s loss. i’m glad that grace was an inspiration to you and to many others ๐Ÿ™‚

223. Apple

September 3rd, 2011 at 6:10 pm

condolences Jas. am sure she’s in a much better place now..

224. Tara

September 3rd, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Thank you for sharing pieces of life well lived and full of grace…. we can all learn from her! Prayed for her family, yours and Zoe today!

225. cassandra-m

September 3rd, 2011 at 8:43 pm

very well written Jaz…even through your tears. Prayers to Grace’s family & yours. What a POWERFUL LIFE indeed. I remember the post you shared of her and just to let you know…SHE touched people who never even met her.

226. Erin - Kansas City Wedding Photographer

September 4th, 2011 at 2:02 am

I cried. As I am sure the world has. Thanks to you the world got to know Grace. She was able to touch more lives that she will ever know. What a blessing you are and what a gift Grace is from God. My hart hurts for your little sister. I lost my best friend and an early age and nothing replaces that. Love you all from Kansas

227. gina

September 4th, 2011 at 4:06 am

many times, since you began the first post of "grace" i have thought of this angel that obviously touched the hearts and lives of many…many more than she ever knew. bless you and everyones life she touched.

228. Stephanie

September 4th, 2011 at 6:01 am

My heart breaks for you, your sister, and all those whose lives were made better by Grace’s presence. Her beauty, both outer and inner, radiates in your photos of her. What an extraordinary young woman.

229. r.goble

September 4th, 2011 at 6:23 am

God is with you, as you. Peace, love and light to all who knew the beauty and strength in Grace.

230. Emily

September 4th, 2011 at 7:09 am

Praying for you and your family! She is in the presence of God and you will all be reunited again soon ๐Ÿ™‚

231. Tasha Prescott

September 4th, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Aww so sad to see this today. I was just thinking about Grace on Wednesday. My heart breaks for you, your family, her family, but especially your sister. Praying for all.

232. Christina Juleson

September 4th, 2011 at 10:18 pm

You honored this young lady greatly and I know she’s smiling down on you and your sister from her perfect body. Thank you for sharing your pain with all of us. You are all in my prayers!

233. Andria Lavine

September 5th, 2011 at 4:04 am

My thoughts and prayers goes out to Grace’s family as well as your own. Celebrate her life and keep her close with lovely memories. With deepest sorrow, Andria

234. bobbie brown

September 5th, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I sit here in my living room with tears in my eyes. I am so sorry to hear this.. I did not know her but remembered her as soon as I saw the picture, I felt like I knew her a little bit just by your post. May God be with her family, and with you and your family in this time of sadness.

235. kristen holly

September 5th, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Thoughts and prayers to her family, and yours. She will be remembered!

236. Jessica Rensch

September 6th, 2011 at 2:06 am

sending love with tears in my eyes.
    she is in my heart forever.

237. Jim Hutchison

September 6th, 2011 at 3:04 am

Jasmine, I would like to echo all the comments on these posts. May God fill the void in your heart during this time of loss. You will be in my prayers.
    Jim Hutchison, Bend, Oregon.

238. michelle white

September 6th, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Jasmine i’m so sorry to hear about your sister’s lost as well as grace family and friends. Death is never easy to deal with and you never grow accustom to it because it never part of our heavenly father’s purpose. but we can take comfort in John 5:28, 29. But in the mean time and in between time I’m thinking of you all and praying that you’ll get through this sad time.

239. Gary Jacques

September 6th, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Jasmine, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Grace! May God bless her and you for all you and Grace do. She was so beautiful and I can see the grace of God in her face. Continue loving the Lord and making wonderful photographs.

240. Michelle Hebert

September 7th, 2011 at 12:51 am

I am SO sorry to hear about Grace’s passing. My heart and prayers go out to her family and all those who were touched by her life. Her pictures will be treasured forever and so will her memory. XOXO

241. Adria

September 7th, 2011 at 5:06 am

Oh man. What a loss. Can’t even wrap my mind or heart around what her family is going through. You can feel this girl’s strength through her smile.

242. Sheree

September 7th, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Always wear your heart on your sleeve Jasmine, and share in your dreams, passion, emotions and stresses. Grace I would have thought went through all of them in her very short life and for whatever reason her journey of life had to end so soon I’m sure it made an overwhelming impact on those that got to know her during that time. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you during this sad time.

243. Jodie Lemke

September 7th, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Praying for her family and yours as you grieve. I missed this post last week. What a beautiful girl. Hoping you a find joy in remembering all the things that made her so special. She’s in Gods arms now. <3

244. Meg

September 7th, 2011 at 9:58 pm

My heartfelt condolensces to Graceโ€™s family, to your family, and to those who knew and loved Grace. When I was 15, my best friend at the time 16, Lisa, lost her battle with cancer. I can relate to exactly what Zoe is going through and it is so very hard and heartbreaking. I was able to find some solace in the fact that she really was in a better place and was no longer suffering through the pain of fighting cancer. I was truly shaken to my core by the loss but my friends, my family, and her family made it easier. I know that neither Lisa or Grace and the grace and passion with which they lived will never be forgotten.

245. Jonni

September 8th, 2011 at 2:39 am

I am so very sorry to hear this. Grace was such a beautiful girl and she looked like she was such a joyful person. I am sending prayers to her family and yours during this difficult time.

246. Karen

September 8th, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I’ve been away over summer and only just catching up with your posts. Jasmine what can I say, Im not sure there are words actually, just thoughts and my thoughts are with you and Grace’s family. This made me cry but for the right reasons. Grace looked as though she had passion and huge inner beauty as well as outward beauty. Im sure she will always be in your heart and Thank You for sharing your heart with us! Much love.

247. karina bravo

September 9th, 2011 at 12:05 am

I’m so sorry to both your families. I like to think God sends angels to do their jobs,touch our lives, and then move on. Leaving a little bit of them in the hearts of the people they touched forever. God bless.

248. Jessica Williams

September 12th, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Thank you for sharing Jasmine, I’ll be praying for your sister and for Grace’s family.

249. Kyle Bromley

September 14th, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Thank you so much for writing this for us to see. Sometimes the hardest thing to do can be the most beautiful thing we’ve ever done. I’m glad you decided to share such a beautiful story, as sad as it may be. Its sad someone has passed from our lives, but beautiful because of the bravery and courage one person demonstrated. Even in your image she seemed so vibrant and full of life even though there was something terribly wrong. Work like this reminds me that every click of the shutter matters, and every chance to make it click in invaluable.

250. Jeannie

September 14th, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful young lady.

251. andi

September 16th, 2011 at 6:03 pm

i’ve been following her story on your blog. i’m so sorry jasmine, family and friends. thank goodness you were there to capture her personality in pictures for everyone to remember.

252. Heather Corporan

September 22nd, 2011 at 7:08 pm

In life, sometimes we all need a reminder of how truly precious, and short this life we’re living is. Today is that day for me, so thank you Jasmine, for your post, and for your continual transparency. I’ve followed Grace’s story through your blog, and my heart is sad reading this, for you, for your sister, and for all those who were blessed to have her in their life. Praying for peace and comfort for you all. Heaven just got a whole lot sweeter….

253. Anna

December 1st, 2011 at 4:40 pm

I love this post and I am so happy you shared it ๐Ÿ™‚ I am sorry for your loss.