Friday Randomness : Two Things At Once

For the past few weeks JD’s been dropping hints like a path of bread crumbs leading me to one of his crazy ideas. I say one because he has many ideas, but we can save talk of buying a food truck for a different blog post, umkay? JD mentioned getting another dog, a playmate for Polo. I can’t even get into that conversation because the fact that I’ve managed to keep a dog alive for six years surprised us both.

And don’t forget your hydrangea, he scolded. Ahh, yes. My hydrangea. I was given a hydrangea plant for my birthday and I haven’t killed it. Six weeks later and it’s still alive and kickin’ so, naturally, JD believes I’m competent and responsible. Because I can water a plant. So, heck, let’s get another dog while we’re at it!

I don’t think I can manage another dog right now, but I told JD if I can keep two plants alive simultaneously, I might consider getting a second dog. He then suggested buying me a cactus.

In more randomness of life…

When I came across this, I honestly believed JD drew this! 😉

If I ever found this in my kitchen, I might die from cuteness overload…

1. Andria Lavine

May 18th, 2012 at 2:18 pm

If JD didn’t draw that one on Bed Cartography, my husband did… Maybe it was a collaborative effort 🙂 Have an amazing weekend!

2. Monica Gibbel

May 18th, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I literally laughed out loud when I saw Bed Cartography and promptly emailed it to my husband! I’m sure he will get a kick out of that.

3. Life with Kaishon

May 18th, 2012 at 2:55 pm

OH MY GOSH! I love the beater picture so much! Me too about sleeping : ) There is no buffer space in our bed!

4. ashley barnett

May 18th, 2012 at 4:14 pm

I am totally with JD on this one!!! 🙂 Two puppies makes the world go round!!

5. kristen holly

May 18th, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I had to laugh out loud at the bed drawing, Jamie would absolutely agree with that one. And the cookie monster? Come oooon! 😀

6. Abby Grace

May 18th, 2012 at 4:30 pm

AHahaha that Darth Batman one is AWESOME!!

7. Melissa Jean

May 18th, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Crazy timing on this post. My husband has been trying to convince me that my dog needs a friend too!

8. Kat

May 18th, 2012 at 4:34 pm

You sound like my husband and I but with reversed roles. I petitioned … I think the word begging comes to mind. My first-adopted, Daisy, and I toured shelters in LA and attended adoption events. We finally found the perfect match for her and it’s been an absolute dream for the last 7 years. Two dogs that are best friends are the greatest thing as they’ll keep each other company, pick up on the other ones habits (good as well as bad) … and two are decidedly not more work than one. In addition, you can have a dog on each side on the couch. In short – as long as you make sure they’re a perfect match and Polo is in LOVE with his new buddy/buddette … go for it!

9. Michelle

May 18th, 2012 at 4:36 pm

<3 this.

10. Sean

May 18th, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Cactus die too, just throwing that out there. Been there, have the t-shirt. I had to cover my mouth to keep from waking people up when I saw the bed diagram. That’s just awesome. Thanks for the Friday smiles, Jasmine. JD…keep the faith, Bro. We own that 6" on the edge of the bed!

11. Hai Doan

May 18th, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Apparently, I am in the same situation with JD… would love to share the bed chart to my wife. Thanks!

12. Dianne

May 18th, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Love these. The kid with the WO is hilarious. And the bed drawing? Oh yes, we definitely have those moments here. Darth Batman? I want to see Sponge Vader Wolverine Pants!

13. Charlie Sauls

May 18th, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I LOVE your Friday randomness. The bed drawing is dead on! Exactly the dynamics in my home. Well, unless you toss in one of the kids. Then the whole bed belongs to them. 🙂

14. Bekah

May 18th, 2012 at 4:51 pm

One of my FAVORITE editions of Friday Randomness. I can not stop laughing.

15. Jennifer Medeiros

May 18th, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I’m always Dartb Batman. 😉

16. Andrew Lipsett

May 18th, 2012 at 5:34 pm

All funny, but the last one is very strong! Keep up the amazing work Jasmine 🙂

17. Laura Kaster

May 18th, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Pfisssshhh..caring for a plant and caring for a pet are two completely different things! It’s like comparing apples to a Led Zeppelin CD.

I myself have the Black Thumb of Death when it comes to plants…but my cats are watered, fed, and well-cared for. So you can tell JD to stick THAT in his pipe and smoke it! 🙂

18. Rosie

May 18th, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Your post always make me smile.

19. Stephanie

May 18th, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Not that it matters, but I think I’m with JD on the second dog issue. Think of how great it is for you to live with your best friend. Wouldn’t it be great for Polo to have a best friend to live with, too? Plus, though this may not be true with kids, when it comes to pets I think two is about the same amount of work as one. Maybe a little extra poop to pick up on walks and a little extra food to buy (to make the extra poop, of course) but it’s not really that much more work!

20. Stephanie Stewart

May 18th, 2012 at 6:36 pm

J*, I love your Friday Randomness posts! They always make me laugh and smile! What kind of dog are you going to get for Polo to play with?????

21. Melissa Avey

May 18th, 2012 at 6:42 pm

LOL these are great 🙂

22. Dee

May 18th, 2012 at 6:47 pm

hey jasmine – i’m hoping it’s alright if I could pin some of the pics on this post on pinterest. I’ll ensure it links back to the blog post. please let me know if it’s not and i’ll take it down immediately. thanks!

23. Mark Nabong

May 18th, 2012 at 7:06 pm

I love Fridays for many reasons and your randomness blog is definitely one of them. Thanks for sharing!

24. Haley Johnston

May 18th, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Love love love your Friday randomness posts! I agree with JD, Polo does need a new friend 🙂

25. LEOLAK

May 18th, 2012 at 7:25 pm

These are all awesome!!!! Favorite so far!! HILARIOUS!!!! You Rock…keep it up!!!

26. Bart Kuipers

May 18th, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Love the beaters, can’t stop laughing about that 🙂 And the cookie monster as well!

27. claudia

May 18th, 2012 at 9:14 pm

I <3 the first image… lol

28. Jamie

May 18th, 2012 at 10:10 pm

haha, thanks for the laughs today Jasmine. love the egg beater one!

29. Meredith Sledge

May 18th, 2012 at 11:30 pm

OH MY GOSH. HILARIOUS. The first one rocks. My slow little brain processed it finally after a minute and I laughed so hard.

30. Mochie

May 19th, 2012 at 12:24 am

This Friday’s post of randomness is the best. like. ever. Hahaha I laughed at all of them even with my wisdom out! Thanks for the laugh!

31. Tony Belmont

May 19th, 2012 at 5:57 am

Unlike photo equipment, you probably can’t rent a dog to see how things would work out. But I have a feeling you would love them both should you get another one. The egg beater one was toooo funny! Where do you find these things? Your style of writing is so great – always enjoy it. Thanks!

32. Wedding Photographers Melbourne

May 19th, 2012 at 6:22 am

I love the cookie monster shot – very funny.

33. Wedding Photography

May 19th, 2012 at 9:47 am

so much funny is just a amazing !!!

34. Marissa Nicole

May 19th, 2012 at 10:47 am

Hehe, you make me laugh!

35. Moi

May 19th, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Excellent! a friend for little Polokinds, will it be a girlfriend? or will she be his sister cos technically she will also be your furry child? Hmmm gets complicated if you overthink it.

36. Jen R

May 19th, 2012 at 6:16 pm

love the bed diagram. have the same problem with my dog

37. Jillian Tree

May 20th, 2012 at 7:50 pm

My husband SO could have drawn that bed photo too! I showed it to him & he laughed cuz it’s so true :):)

38. Monika Greenaway

May 21st, 2012 at 4:22 pm

How would you describe that feeling in your stomach when something is either subtly really funny or so cute you can’t take it? That’s the feeling I get when I read your Friday randomness!

39. Raymond Vestal

May 21st, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I stole the Vader/Batman picture.

40. Ania,Edinburgh

May 22nd, 2012 at 11:18 am

bed cartography is how co-sleeping with my 3 year old looks, and ‘Her’ refers to my child.

41. Bridgette

May 22nd, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I have met you, I have heard you speak in person, I study your knack for managing shyness with overflowing outward energy. You make me laugh and you are incredibly inspiring. Today, this Mom-tographer who stole a few minutes to catch up on the blog thanks you for your little bit if funny….and I always turn the beaters off.

42. Amanda Wwebber

May 22nd, 2012 at 10:39 pm

haha, that first picture is hilarious!

43. Sam Allen

May 27th, 2012 at 3:30 am

My husband wants to get a food truck as well so I feel ya! Always love your Friday Randomness photos, your captions are too funny!