Friday Randomness : What Happens in Vegas

Personal

I’ve been at a conference this week in Las Vegas and while this may conjure ideas of recklessness, debauchery, and taking risks, I found myself alone in a hotel room overlooking The Strip. It was a welcomed break from the hustle and bustle and hundreds of micro conversations I’m sometimes not so great at cultivating. When the opportunity for a three-hour break presented itself, my roommate threw on her bathing suit and shimmied to the pool where I imagined a DJ would be playing to dancing girls wearing see-thru high heels.

I drew a bath and read a biography on President Garfield…and ate chocolate truffles. Apparently, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas ends up on my blog.

This leads me to another Friday Randomness…

If Dr. Seuss was a hipster…

The real two percenters.

My imaginary form of evolution…

Word to your mom…

Happy Friday!

comments

1. Stephanie Stewart

June 8th, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Yum, chocolate truffles! I always love your Friday Randomness posts! Have a wonderful weekend!

2. Alexis

June 8th, 2012 at 2:32 pm

My pastor says that last quote (about buying things to impress people you don’t like) every Christmas! He tells the whole congregation lol and then cleverly ties it into the sermon.

God bless you, J*! 🙂

3. Stephanie

June 8th, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Girl, I would’ve done exactly the same thing if I were in your shoes. Glad you found some time to yourself while in Vegas!

4. Kasia Dobosz

June 8th, 2012 at 4:48 pm

hahahahaha:) love the history of evolution:D

5. Life with Kaishon

June 8th, 2012 at 6:06 pm

I think the panda bear evolution is the best!

6. mike

June 8th, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Dude, I just read "Green Eggs and Ham" to one of my kids this morning. Being a preschool teacher is kind of awesome sometimes.

7. Mikaela

June 8th, 2012 at 11:22 pm

that’s my kind of Vegas too 🙂 happy friday! xo

8. LEOLAK

June 8th, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Haha you busting out Vegas secrets makes me think of the commercial that has people walking away from those that have spilled what happens in Vegas! This was a good randomness – love the evolution pic – hilarious! Happy Weekend!!!

9. bridalbar

June 9th, 2012 at 1:19 am

two people so different, yet i adore you even more for it! xo

10. Haley Johnston

June 9th, 2012 at 6:09 am

Always love your Friday posts!

11. Sandra Fazzino Photography

June 9th, 2012 at 7:41 am

Aaahhh! Fresh air!!! Reading Friday randomness is a great way to put this day to rest. I’ve been depressed all day over life stuff, family stuff, things that impact my life – my business even – whether I chose it or not. It’s alot to digest. And just as I was finally turning it all over to God, reminding myself that these are my cards, this is the hand I am dealt and it’s not just enough to know my truth, I must accept it and honor it, too – – – make my own decisions even if there aren’t any on the table that I particularly like. These little blips sum up how I’ve felt about the people moving in my circle today. From the sales person at Michael Kors to those I need not care to impress. Merci. Gracias. Grazie. And Danke. Safe travels home!

12. Erin Khalsa

June 9th, 2012 at 9:11 pm

HA! This is so funny because I’m in Vegas right now visiting my husband while he’s deployed for a short time, and I have to say that’s pretty much what I’ve done here as well. Even venturing down to the pool was a somewhat traumatic experience I don’t think will be repeated.

13. christine williams

June 10th, 2012 at 7:26 pm

OMG why is this so cute? best random post ever.

14. Wedding Photography Melbourne

June 12th, 2012 at 5:55 am

I find Vegas tiring (and tiresome after a day or two). Peace and quiet is so much better for the soul!

15. Lorii Abela

June 12th, 2012 at 4:34 pm

This post made me laugh.. Especially the image of the evolution of the panda.. 🙂