Polo and the Start of CreativeLive

Photography

As some of you who follow me on Twitter might already know, I’m in Seattle for the creativeLIVE course right now. I’m beyond honored and I still can’t believe it’s happening. I, of course, am the most nervous I’ve ever been in my life (except that one time when I had to retake my driving test after failing…twice), so a prayer or two would be most appreciated. We’ll be filming live for the next five days, so if you’d like to tune in, you can join the conversation by clicking on the Watch It LIVE link!

Also, since I’m away, my dearest Polo will be at home with my parents, and for a bit with my sister-in-law. It’s hard to believe I actually have the nerve to ask our families to spend so much time at our house when we’re away, but Polo is a diva and can’t handle life any other way. But with a face like that, who could say no?

comments

1. Adriana Hernandez

August 25th, 2010 at 1:17 pm

Hello Jasmine, thanks a lot for sharing your wonderful work with us aspiring photographers. Don’t be nervous, you’re just going to do what you love and are SO fabulous at: photographing a wedding. It’s gonna be great, you just have to BE YOU, ’cause that’s what we love.
    Gook luck and don’t forget to have fun 🙂

2. Candace Prokopets

August 25th, 2010 at 1:35 pm

I’ve already been praying, but I know you’re going to do great. Everyone is excited to tune in and learn from you for a reason. You have something to give, to share with others. So have some fun today!

3. lisa

August 25th, 2010 at 1:45 pm

I don’t normally comment, because so many others do, but I want you to know that I AM praying for you and what you are doing is one of the highlights of my summer. I’ve already purchased the taped version. You are awesome…don’t be nervous…its just us!

4. ShannonPD

August 25th, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Good luck today Jasmine!!! I have to be at work so I’ll miss it, but I preordered the downloads. 🙂 Lots of love and light!!! -shannon

5. Tira J

August 25th, 2010 at 1:54 pm

Good Morning Jasmine, you are going to do such a wonderful job and take this entire event by storm, like you have already done with the photography industry. I have complete faith in you, and so does everyone else (Polo too). Every few hours, just stop and thank our Lord for everything he has blessed you with and to give you the courage to continue to do a wonderful job. I cannot wait to see Laura and Billy walk down the aisle. Hugs to you. xoxo

6. Teresa

August 25th, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Thoughts and prayers are on their way! You will ROCK IT! Looking forward to participating via the web!

7. Catie Ronquillo

August 25th, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Good luck Jas! Prayers are being sent to you in Seattle from deep in the heart of Texas…well, just Dallas, from one California girl to another 🙂 I can’t wait for the course, I know that you will be great! Remember your own advice: just be you, because that who we all love! 🙂

8. Brittany Dawson

August 25th, 2010 at 3:18 pm

This is my favorite Polo picture of them all!! Good luck you’ll be awesome!

9. Katie Brase

August 25th, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Welcome to Seattle! Will be seeing you on the 30th. Glad to offer nice weather today, but sorry about the upcoming temps. Good luck!

10. Patrick Farrington

August 25th, 2010 at 3:57 pm

Polo a diva? I wonder where he gets that from? 😉

You are going to do great this week. You have to start having as much faith in yourself as we have in you. Are things going to be perfect and without mistakes? Probably not but that’s life and we’ll still love you when it’s over.

11. Penny

August 25th, 2010 at 4:00 pm

I am looking forward to tuning in over the next few days!! I enjoyed your interview with Chase Jarvis yesterday!!

12. Alli Mc

August 25th, 2010 at 4:28 pm

You were great yesterday! Looking forward to learning from you over the next 5 days! Thanks for doing this!

13. Danielle

August 25th, 2010 at 6:04 pm

Praying for your girl! Remember Phil 4:13. Have fun.

14. The real L.A. love story.

August 25th, 2010 at 6:13 pm

i still cant believe the course is free! not shooting prof anymore but still excited

15. Alicia Swedenborg

August 25th, 2010 at 6:30 pm

I’m sure you’ll rock it!!! Hey, it’s impossible to do it "wrong" – you’re just going to be yourself and doing your thing. Will be watching from Sweden, eventhough it means staying up way past midnight! 🙂

16. cassandra-m

August 25th, 2010 at 6:34 pm

PRAYERS from me & Mocha! YOU are going to ROCK IT I know. We are all supporting you!!!! xoxoox. kisses to Polo.

17. Lea

August 25th, 2010 at 7:25 pm

I live down in Tacoma and I wish I knew you were going to be in Seattle! I would definitely have tried to go see you live, but I’m watching the CreativeLIVE course right now! Thanks for being willing to do that!

18. Angela

August 25th, 2010 at 8:36 pm

Watching you now – I am getting sooo much out of listening to you! You are fantastic! I am totally inspired to KIR….

19. Claire

August 25th, 2010 at 9:51 pm

I’m watching you live now and you are awesome! Seriously.

20. Hannes Uys

August 25th, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Nice vest! G&B?

21. Jackie Lovato

August 25th, 2010 at 10:30 pm

‘Polo is a diva’ is probably one of the coolest things you’ve ever said.

22. Judy Jarvis

August 25th, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Enjoying you & your info…As they say,"You go girl." KIR (& you are).
    I’m retired & just learning to shot. I do demonstrations around the country & want to start doing pet shots of dogs. You inspire me to go for it. Thanks.

23. Suzan Turner

August 25th, 2010 at 10:58 pm

OMG Jasmine, thank you thank you thank you! I’m watching you while taking care of my 3 months baby and I’m learning sooo much! You’re doing great!

24. Marta

August 25th, 2010 at 11:02 pm

Welcome to WA state!! You have done great so far. No worries, just have faith. I am so excited and learning alot. I can’t wait to see you WPPI on Monday!

25. Jeanette Sanchez

August 26th, 2010 at 1:25 am

Thanks for all the great info Jasmine! You were just fabulous today!

26. Darren Tse

August 26th, 2010 at 1:41 am

hey jasmine! saw you today on creative live!! Amazing that you offer your expertise, passion and advice for free to aspiring photographers!! Thanks so much!

PS: you look great!

27. Jessie Gray

August 26th, 2010 at 1:43 am

Jasmine, you are a fresh breath of air! I have seen your work even glanced over your blog a couple of times. Your photos are beautiful there is no debating that but I never took the time to read over your posts or personal information. Since watching you on creative live I now see what a mistake that was. I just started my photography business this month and have been driving myself crazy trying to figure out how I want to represent myself. I’m quirky and color out of the lines…I like to have fun and enjoying myself. But I felt that I had to lose that part of me when representing my business. After watching you on creative live you’ve given me the best advice for my business, be myself…maybe a slightly edited/professional version but still be me. I like that you are you, I love that you are your brand…..I want to get remarried just so that I can have the honor of you photographing my wedding. You’re awesome! My #1 inspiration, thank you so much for showing me that I can have fun AND still be professional!

28. chris

August 26th, 2010 at 1:54 am

You were just wonderful today! I can’t believe how open and interesting your stories were. I especially loved hearing about the day you gave up photography – what a great lesson! I learned a lot even though I have no interest on being a photographer. I’ll be watching the show again this evening for the portions I missed, and thanks again for being so generous with your information!

29. ajira

August 26th, 2010 at 2:10 am

Only saw snippets today but loved what I saw. I think you’re doing great, and your generosity in doing this at all is blowing everyone away. Thank you.

30. tracy ta

August 26th, 2010 at 2:28 am

Jasmine. you are totally authentic. Your voice was a little trembling at the beginning, but then you conquer your fear and you are all you. Love it. I learned a lot . Thanks so much for this great opportunity. Now I am definitely want to be a wedding photographer. Thanks for the inspiration. You are super cool. You go girl California girl!!

31. Karen

August 26th, 2010 at 2:44 am

Aww, Polo. =] I was watching you earlier today. Thanks for sharing.

32. Michele

August 26th, 2010 at 2:52 am

wow, Jasmine day 1 was an amazing insight into your work. I cannot thank you enough for sharing your workflow. I originally signed up for just the free session and after watching you today purchased the taped version so I can refer back as needed. you have a wonderful personality and it comes through to your viewers. best of luck to you always.

33. Jessica Horton

August 26th, 2010 at 3:01 am

Thank you so much for doing this for all us Rookies 🙂 This info is unbelievably valuble… and yes, I did blog about it 🙂

34. Jen Birnie

August 26th, 2010 at 3:02 am

J* you’re doing great. Gonna be watching you over the next 5 days & I’ll be seeing you on Monday at WPPI Roadshow!

35. Mavi

August 26th, 2010 at 3:04 am

Jasmine, You were awesome today. If you were nervous, it didn’t show and I learned so much in just a few short hours. I tuned in secretly while at work and I wasn’t productive for the rest of the afternoon…only bad thing was I had to go to class afterward so I missed the second half. I hope to catch the other sessions! Hope to meet you in person someday!

36. Ashley Madsen

August 26th, 2010 at 3:05 am

So grateful for all the time and efforts you have put into sharing all of your experiences. I know it has been stressful and SO busy to plan, but thousands of us appreciate it and thank you for it.

37. Bethany Aleshire

August 26th, 2010 at 3:05 am

Thank you SO SO much Jasmine for today!! It was jammed packed with information and knowledge!! I actually had to literally rip myself from my laptop to get to volunteering…I missed your branding segment (my favorite). I can’t wait for the next 4 days!!!!

38. Pavithra

August 26th, 2010 at 3:05 am

wonderful day on Creative Live. i really enjoyed listening to you. i thought with the speed talk you actually covered a lot of great materials! so thanks for being u on the show! will watch tomorrow as well!

39. Thomas Lindsay

August 26th, 2010 at 3:07 am

I feel like a better photographer after only the 1st day of your course. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us this weekend. Whoa!!

40. Chrystal

August 26th, 2010 at 3:08 am

I and probably countless thousands of other viewers want to thank you! You are so open and giving with your life and information…I have to say that you are so personable and real, you really make a girl (or guy I’m sure)
    feel like you are a part of the same group, the same family and that we can eventually be ..well be what we really want to be. .. be it a wedding photographer, a portrait photographer or even just more open with our public and clients.
    Thanks for being YOU!

41. Courtney Clarke

August 26th, 2010 at 3:08 am

Way to go, Jasmine! What a fabulous first day with CreativeLIVE; can’t wait for the rest! Keep it up and thanks so much for taking this incredible challenge and sharing your knowledge with photographers worldwide!!! : )

42. Carolyn

August 26th, 2010 at 3:08 am

I had to work today as well, but also pre-ordered the downloads and just wanted to thank you in advance for taking the time to teach the rest of us. It’s photographers like you that continue to inspire me and push me forward. More and more I believe that I can do this full-time someday and will love it! I look forward to the videos and learning a ton from you. Thank you!

43. Leanne

August 26th, 2010 at 3:12 am

I really, really, really, really enjoyed watching you today! Thank you so much for sharing your insight! YOU ROCK!

44. Sheila Floyd

August 26th, 2010 at 3:12 am

I really enjoyed your live talk this evening! When you were talking about the time you quit photography because it made you feel like a fraud, a fake…well that made me cry…you came across live this evening so raw and real and true, it touched me… I have also viewed your entire website, and have become emotional looking at the photos and reading about you…your words are inspiring and wonderful to read…thank you, Jasmine… you rock… i am still too timid to do any type of large gathering, especially a wedding… i will be following your blog from now on…
    sheila floyd

45. Brian F.

August 26th, 2010 at 3:13 am

Thanks, Jasmine (and creativeLive!) for the awesome class today. I learned a ton and was certainly inspired!

46. Mary Lau Photography

August 26th, 2010 at 3:14 am

Thank you for sharing your fears of the wedding and your dreams with so many of us who are starting out. I recently was told about you and I am so thrilled that I have. Thank you again for helping so many of us.

47. Steph Garvey

August 26th, 2010 at 3:14 am

I love your personality, your style, AND your pictures! 🙂 Thanks for giving us your time today on CreativeLive.

48. Luis Murillo

August 26th, 2010 at 3:17 am

Jasmine, I really loved the class today over at Creative Live and learned a lot from everything you talked about. Can’t wait for all the other classes for this weekend.

49. Daniela Anderson

August 26th, 2010 at 3:22 am

You feel "beyond honored"…I feel beyond ecstatic, appreciative & honored! I was completely overjoyed that you decided to do it! You TOTALLY deserve the recognition though chica! No doubt about that one bit. You’re a class act, a load of fun & I love that you talk a lot so I can get the most from you. I’m hoping to see you up in D.C. on Sept 13 at the WPPI! But till then I’ll be catching your creativeLIVE course tomorrow & taking TONS of notes! Thank you for giving us a bit of your time, wisdom, humor & smile. You made hours feel like minutes today! You Rock Girl!!! Oh & so does Chase Jarvis for getting you to do it. ; )

50. Bettie Sotomayor

August 26th, 2010 at 3:24 am

Jasmine I can hardly wait for the next four days. You’re a godsend! I am a wife, mother of 4 homeschooled children, and photographer. You have given me the opportunity of a lifetime – from the comfort of my own home office – that I could’ve never imagined possible. Thank you for….everything you are doing this week and beyond.

51. Brad Shaw

August 26th, 2010 at 3:24 am

Jasmine, that was some high energy today. Loved every second of it. Looking forward to the rest of it.

52. @iGert

August 26th, 2010 at 3:25 am

Maybe I’m watching your five day workshop with a different view. I’m a real video guy. Taking still pictures is almost the same I do, only I do it @25 frames per second.
    I’m curious about everything you do on a wedding day. I’m convinced there are many similarities between photography and videography. Especially with so many people using DSLR camera’s these days. Of course there is so much more and that’s what I’m waiting for.

So, I’m very sorry for Polo, but it’s five days of fun for us all watching you doing your ‘thing’ live on-line. Maybe it’s a good idea when your parents and sister in law check in on-line now and then to show Polo you are still there. Give the little diva a wave.

Anyway…you inspired me to take the first step by building up a complete new web-log about me and my pictures. Who knows I’ll switch from movie to stills.

Good luck and don’t forget to pause now and then. Have fun in the next four days!

Good luck to you all and greetings from the Netherlands,

Gert

53. DAVID WALKER

August 26th, 2010 at 3:30 am

jasmine, you’ve done incredible so far and don’t worry everything will fall into place. Today was your first day on creativeLIVE and i have learned so much from you already

54. Shannon

August 26th, 2010 at 3:33 am

Thanks so much for today Jasmine. I’ve already learned so much and it’s comforting to learn about how you got started in this business and how much you’ve grown. Just what I need to build up the confidence to start my photography business.

Looking forward to the rest of the sessions!

55. Josephine

August 26th, 2010 at 3:33 am

i had to hold on to my pee so i don’t miss anything on the DAY 1! LOL
    I can’t wait to get a copy of the whole LIVE course so i can replay anyday I want ..coz SERIOUSLY, who gets tired of listening to you? I DON’T. Na-ah!!! xoxo

56. scott lloyd

August 26th, 2010 at 3:44 am

Thanks so much for your willingness to share what makes you so unique on creativeLIVE!

57. Sabrina

August 26th, 2010 at 3:45 am

From what I was able to watch while working today on the east coast, you did a FABULOUS job. I hope you’re having a blast in the midst of it all. Can’t wait to catch more! Sooooo wish I was there… alas, there was no chance since I didn’t submit a video 🙂 Praying for you!

58. Dianne - Bunny Trails

August 26th, 2010 at 3:45 am

Loving the class, Jasmine! You are rocking it, girl! Adorable shot of Polo. 😀

59. Amy Pinney

August 26th, 2010 at 3:51 am

Hey Jas! Great to watch you today–even though I only caught the post-lunch portion (excited about the rewatch!). One question that I wanted to ask, and thought this might be easier–what is JD’s role in your business beyond second shooter and biggest fan? Is he involved in any other ways? Thanks J*!

60. Danica Clark

August 26th, 2010 at 3:54 am

😀 JASMINE! I can’t thank you enough for the fantastic web-class!
    My dear, I’m sure it’s taken so much out of you physically, mentally and emotionally to do this, but you’ve encouraged all of us SO much!
    I have my first wedding to shoot this weekend as a first shooter, and I’m already feeling extremely empowered to do this! What an encouragement and a blessing!
    Keep up the work, dear! Praying for supernatural strength from the Holy Spirit to keep you moving through this week as you have even more webcasts to do!
    Go girl go! 😀
    *HUUUUGS*
    ~Danica

61. Kristopher Blucher

August 26th, 2010 at 3:56 am

Hey Jasmine! Thanks for today – I haven’t seen the video yet, but I have already bought it. Can’t wait to watch it!

62. chelsey

August 26th, 2010 at 3:57 am

thanks so much for today! can’t wait to see what the next 4 days bring!

63. Domestic Executive

August 26th, 2010 at 3:57 am

I always dreamed of owning a wedding dress shop which is how I found your blog. I’m not sure that dream will be realised but reading your blog and learning from you I am bringing out my true authentic self as a photographer, a leadership coach and as a person. I’ll be up bright and earlier (0600 NZ time) to watch your nerves bring out the best of you. Thanks for reaching out to the world and sharing.

64. Terry G.

August 26th, 2010 at 4:00 am

Jasmine, I loved day one of the CreativeLive course. You are exactly as I had pictured, a very spontaneous, out going and assertive woman that can be herself and get the job done. I can only imagine how stressed you must of felt before and during the broadcast. I can’t wait to see day two. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge with us.

65. Jessi D

August 26th, 2010 at 4:02 am

Thank you for being you -adorable, talented, beautiful you! I laughed and cried while watching you on CreativeLIVE today. Love, Love, LOVE you!!

66. Jessi D

August 26th, 2010 at 4:05 am

67. laurie

August 26th, 2010 at 4:13 am

thanks so much for taking your time to do this!! you are awesome and i totally think u r a rockstar!!

68. John

August 26th, 2010 at 4:55 am

Thanks Jasmine for sharing your photography knowledge on Creative Live! You are awesome 🙂

69. Kalmin

August 26th, 2010 at 5:03 am

I thought you were genuine and you seem at peace with your mistakes and missteps, …like when you kept saying tripod instead of light stand for the small softbox…u also repeated "for me" which I can appreciate since some styles are not for everyone..you disarm all of your critics when you show that you’re human, real and self deprecating…thank you for exposing your humanity, humor and your honesty, can’t wait for day 2!

70. Ryan

August 26th, 2010 at 5:04 am

The first day was awesome. Thank you for putting yourself out there. It means a lot for those of of us who are just starting on this path. Truly thank you.

71. Randy

August 26th, 2010 at 5:05 am

Great Job today on CreativeLive, you are a natural and real!! Lots of great info, looking forward to the rest of the week. What a great thing Chase has put together for training photogs, and getting you to do what you are doing. Be yourself, you are doing great!

72. Ashley

August 26th, 2010 at 5:16 am

I played hooky from work today to catch the first day of the Creative Live event (shhh don’t tell my boss) and it was totally worth it. Your insight, honesty, and sense of fun are what set you apart from many others in this business. Can’t wait for tomorrow! Thank you!!!!

73. michael lasalandra

August 26th, 2010 at 5:17 am

Hello Jasmin I watched you all day long on creative live. CUDOS. I am a big fat Chase/Zack fan. Typical male commercial photography kind of guy. I’m 36 and I am headset on quitting my job and becoming a photographer. I wasn,t expecting to enjoy your creative live experience, but, you are f@#king rocking it girl. Good luck this weekend. Have no fear. Thank you for showing me what determination and passion are capable of . you have truly inspired me.

74. Nicole

August 26th, 2010 at 5:42 am

Today you said you were mortified, by your old blog. Today, I want to thank you for leaving up your old blog, because it has been a source of a great inspiration for me and I’m sure many others. 🙂

75. Ann Keen

August 26th, 2010 at 6:03 am

I completely enjoyed today’s session, and am absorbing lots of great knowledge. I am a wife, a mother of 3 boys (11, 7.5, & 14 months) and a photographer. I started my business about a year ago and recently moved from northern Cali, where I was establishing a good client base, to Palm Desert where I am starting from scratch. I have been re-evaluating everything and I am ecstatic over this opportunity. Thank you so much for KIR and opening up your business and knowledge to all of us. It means so much!!

76. Ashley Lea

August 26th, 2010 at 6:05 am

This was so absolutely amazing. Putting my life on hold for 5 days. 🙂 Jasmine, you rock!

77. Sherri Davis

August 26th, 2010 at 6:11 am

Thank you so much for sharing your gift with us. Good luck this week!

78. malika hobeheidar

August 26th, 2010 at 6:15 am

i heart polo 🙂

79. LEOLAK

August 26th, 2010 at 6:30 am

No…I couldn’t say no to a face like that! Can’t wait to watch you ROCK IT OUT!

80. Gretchen

August 26th, 2010 at 7:53 am

Jasmine, you are doing great! I, again, am gaining so much knowledge. 🙂

81. BeccySweffy

August 26th, 2010 at 8:10 am

Thank You so much for being so candid and honest on Creative LIVE! I struggle so much with believing in myself and marketing myself. You have given me the inspiration to step out from the shadows and say loud and proud why people should hire me.

82. RAMYAD WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER LONDON

August 26th, 2010 at 1:27 pm

You’re doing a workshop on CreativeLive!!?? WOW! We are so lucky, and I’m so late to the game! Where’s the clicky linky! THANK YOU JASMINE*! (Note to self, read J*’s blog everyday!!!)

83. Trish

August 26th, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Your story is amazing and inspiring. Thank you for sharing it, and your knowledge, with the community. It’s photographers like you who perpetuate the evolution of the art by making us believe we can do more.

You. Are. Fabulous!

84. Peyton Baldwin

August 26th, 2010 at 3:12 pm

So, I’ve been reading your blog for awhile now and each time you have a speaking engagement you’re nervous, which is totally understandable. BUT, I finally got a chance to tune in on creativeLive yesterday and YOU ROCKED! Those nerves are for nothing! Thank you for doing a class like this. Even though I can’t spend all day watching what I was able to see yesterday was inspiring and I can’t wait to see what I can learn today! Thank you, thank you!

85. Dana E

August 26th, 2010 at 4:36 pm

THANK YOU so much Jasmine!!! You are totally rockin’ it out! Playing your own game and setting the standards! I LOVE it!!! Prayers, good vibes, and happy thoughts coming your way!!! =)

86. Romonia Isaac

August 26th, 2010 at 4:56 pm

Polo is so stinking super-cute!!! Jasmine, you were wonderful yesterday!! I can’t wait to continue to watch and learn from you. I took in so much when you spoke at Escalate 2010 but the CreativeLive Workshop has been incredible thus far! I love that you always K-I-R!!! I hope that today goes even better than yesterday! JD, I loved your guest appearance as well as your top ten for second shooters! 😉 "Polo, your mommy & daddy rock–so by extension you rock too!!!"

87. Ivona

August 26th, 2010 at 5:55 pm

OMG Cutest picture of Polo ever…lol I have a feeling that if I was around him, I’d have the same reaction as when I’m in the presence of a newborn….I turn to mush!

88. Amanda Key

August 27th, 2010 at 1:03 am

Your arms look amazing! Can we trade?

89. Pamela Topping

August 27th, 2010 at 2:25 am

aww I love Polo!

90. LindsayO

August 27th, 2010 at 2:57 am

Hey J*- Wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you, but 2 days into the shoot, I’m pretty sure you don’t even need it! Rock on!

91. Jill Ison

August 27th, 2010 at 8:09 am

It was a true pleasure to watch you work on creativelive today! Can’t wait to see what tomorrow holds. Good luck 🙂 !!

92. Evonne Wong

August 27th, 2010 at 9:57 am

I was going to ask you who takes care of Polo while you guys are gone. It’ll be so nice to travel with him though.

93. Nadia

August 27th, 2010 at 3:49 pm

I definetly couldn’t say no! 🙂

94. Liz

August 27th, 2010 at 9:26 pm

I just love seeing pics of sweet Polo!

95. feuza

August 29th, 2010 at 6:39 am

no one could say no, I love every picture of polo you put up,

96. Emily Heizer Photography

August 29th, 2010 at 9:31 am

I wish Polo could come hang out at our house. He matches my kitties, and like you said, with a face like that, who couldn’t spoil him rotten?
    I love that he always has a good hair ‘do too.

97. Anouschka

August 29th, 2010 at 8:50 pm

love love love love Polo!!!

98. Maïa

August 30th, 2010 at 1:18 am

Cute dog ! 🙂

99. Hannah

September 10th, 2010 at 4:13 am

Ooooh, I’m totally in love with him! 🙂

100. Truc

October 1st, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Nope, no one can say no to that face!