Shooting Star : Overcoming Fear + Second Shooter

Yesterday I rushed home to prepare for an interview. I had very little time, so I ran around the house like a tornado, leaving a trail of clothes in my path (I, apparently, had a hard time finding something to wear). Seeing how I consider sweatpants acceptable attire most days, I figured it’d be a good time to record a video FAQ. Because, really, who knows the next time I’ll actually take the time to do my makeup. I’m still trying to figure out if this makes me sound all earthy and natural…or flat out lazy.

Either way, this installment of Shooting Star is slightly different from the last, based on your feedback. And, really, THANK YOU for the feedback!!! Before the video is watched, please note…
*No music is played.
*I tried talking slower (emphasis on tried).
*I flubbed a few times, but didn’t start again. Yup, I’m definitely lazy.
*I reference both OSP Photography Forum and The B School.
*I referenced Tony Burch…but I really meant Tory Burch. I get way nervous doing these videos.
*I make up words. I counted five in this video alone.

In this video, I’ll be discussing…
*How many photos a client receives after a wedding and engagement session.
*Overcoming fear when photographing your first wedding.
*What shoes I wear when photographing a wedding.
*Tips to becoming a second shooter for weddings.

Please don’t ask why THIS photo is used as the screen capture for the video. It looks like I enjoy spending lots of time in Amsterdam.

Happy Wednesday!

For future FAQ questions, you can submit them on Facebook!

1. Emily Ebeling

December 29th, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Wow- thanks for all the info, Jasmine! Hope you and JD have a GREAT New Year! I am looking forward to learning even more from you in the coming year- I can’t believe how much my shooting has changed for the better just seeing how you work- it’s just awesome!!!! THANK YOU!

2. Deb Peluso

December 29th, 2010 at 5:16 pm

Loved it, loved it, loved it!! Such great questions and advice! As always you are fabulous Jasmine! Thanks for taking the time during this busy season to put that together!

3. Shelby Tavern

December 29th, 2010 at 5:17 pm

Another wonderful FAQ by the fabulous J*! I have a question for next week: Should I be blogging random and personal things when i don’t have a session? I love how your posts are always something different and exciting. Just wondering if I should start doing the same πŸ™‚

Thanks again!

4. martin

December 29th, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Love the video, very useful but find it hilarious how it always boils down to shoes, I watched you on creative live which was so useful i really got the "its a business" message and it has helped me no end. I can tell you J* you ARE changing peoples lives/businesses for the better. For real.

5. Adam Jacob

December 29th, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Ha I loved the video! It was funny and provided some really important information. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge.

6. Adam Jacob

December 29th, 2010 at 5:20 pm

7. Katelyn James

December 29th, 2010 at 5:21 pm

you’re going to hate me for saying this … but love the little mess ups! Please don’t ever learn how to edit them out!

8. Romonia Isaac

December 29th, 2010 at 5:21 pm

I love Shooting Star!!! Great FAQ post and I love this new way of doing it. Great advice–take the plunge! I have to say, you look gorge–love the necklace and the top!! I love making up words so subscribal was hilarious for me and I loved it! Also, "Open Photo…Open Source…Hahahaha…" Your sounds effects are hilarious!!! Never a dull moment with J*! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

9. Brianna

December 29th, 2010 at 5:24 pm

As an avid scrabble player, I’m hitting the buzzer on "subscrible". You did look very pretty though, I can’t wait to borrow that necklace!

10. Susan Dukat

December 29th, 2010 at 5:25 pm

LOVED it!
    I think it is hilarious that you are showing your shoes! For us women this is such a major issue!

11. anouschka

December 29th, 2010 at 5:26 pm

love these Jasmine! Great info yet again πŸ™‚

Have a fabulous new year!!

12. Jim Warnock

December 29th, 2010 at 5:27 pm

You are an total inspiration to us all. Thank you so much for sharing.

13. gladys jem

December 29th, 2010 at 5:27 pm

bah! stop being so darn cute. Loved this!

14. Kristian Viruet

December 29th, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Love it! Great video, you definitely need to make more of these!

15. Rommy

December 29th, 2010 at 5:29 pm

ahhh, LOVE this episode!! Great questions! and thank you for the great links, Im off to check them out now!!

16. Radelle

December 29th, 2010 at 5:30 pm

loved it jasmine. and you are the cutest thing ever!!!

17. Terri Jacobson

December 29th, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Jasmine, you totally rock my world. I love your enthusiasm and energy. I hope to take that with me every time I go out with a camera.

18. Abigail Gorski

December 29th, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Awesome Job Jasmine! Question from me…
    1) How do you keep everyone in focus in a group shot? What aperture do you use normally?

19. Heather

December 29th, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Thanks for sharing! Love it~

And your eyeshadow- awesome! πŸ˜€

20. Jentry Ghysels

December 29th, 2010 at 5:34 pm

You are just the BEST. Thank you for sharing information like this πŸ™‚ I love the video – super cute and fun.

21. ana_gr.

December 29th, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Dear Jasmine, you are unique! and gorgeous… and glamurous!

22. Shane

December 29th, 2010 at 5:38 pm

Totally think the background music adds to the "professional" feel of the video. I like the background noise! πŸ™‚ Great job! You inspire us all more than you know. First time posting on your blog, no longer the stalker… Carry on J*!

23. Tori Adele

December 29th, 2010 at 5:39 pm

Jasmine, you are stellar for creating "shooting star" it’s such a help to so many! I’m with Katelyn, please don’t edit out your flubs, they’re adorable πŸ™‚

24. Emma Wilsher

December 29th, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Hey Jasmine,

Thanks so much for doing the Q&A session, it was awesome:) I love your total willingness to share what you know with other photographers, you’re the best & always give such great advice. Many Thanks!

25. Marissa Nicole

December 29th, 2010 at 5:46 pm

I liked this video, you deffinately seemed less nervous than the first one. I didn’t even noticed the music in the first one, so I wasn’t missing it.

26. Karine Ardault

December 29th, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Loved it πŸ™‚
    Thanks Jasmine!

27. Jacqui Wilsher

December 29th, 2010 at 5:56 pm

Thanks for this its totally given me the push I need to go out and pursue my dream.

28. Andrea Worley

December 29th, 2010 at 6:05 pm

This was great! Thanks for sharing. Do you have any advice for rebuilding your business after you’ve relocated? My husband and I relocated a year ago and since then I’ve found it really hard to rebuild in a new city. I’ve actually had tons of requests from old clients where I used to live to shoot whenever I’m back in the area, but can’t seem to build my business back where I’m at now.

29. John Beyer

December 29th, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Good work Jasmine, really liked the new post and I like it a lot without the music…but I would suggest a little intro/outro tune along with the opening graphic. Not sure why but it seems to kinda help wrap it up instead of an abrupt know like how we do it in church! πŸ™‚ It’s all about the transitions and flow! Keep it up you are amazing and inspirational!

30. susan jennings

December 29th, 2010 at 6:06 pm

This was so fun, great job. I am also a fast talker and have developed fast listening skills! Therefore, I had no problems following you. Also, you look beautiful in the video, fabulous hair and make up.

31. Anne BΓΌnnig

December 29th, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Love it!! Thanks for doing such amazing things for all of us! xoxo

32. natalie spencer

December 29th, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Ah Jasmine, you are fabulous! Thanks so much for another great video. Definitely helped me out a lot! Booked my first wedding for April, after years of shooting and too scared. Took the ‘plunge,’ thanks again xo

33. MariaT

December 29th, 2010 at 6:16 pm

I don’t do wedding photography at all but still enjoyed this. Oh and found out I should get my son’s eyes checked out. He saw you and asked if it was me (he’s 3) πŸ˜‰

34. Kim Bauer

December 29th, 2010 at 6:19 pm

Thank you so much for these "shooting star" videos. They are wonderful!!! I’ve had all of these questions and your answers are honest and awesome! Can’t wait to hear you speak next month in Texas!

35. Sarah Danaher

December 29th, 2010 at 6:24 pm

thanks much, Jas! I love your "shooting star" posts. so helpful.

36. sandy

December 29th, 2010 at 6:27 pm

thank you so much!! you are such an inspiration and MOTIVATOR!!!!! Please, PLEASE dont stop making these great videos.. they are a lifesaver!!!!

37. Jenika

December 29th, 2010 at 6:27 pm

Your posts are all day-brighteners. Yeah, I just made up a word. I’m not even a wedding photographer (portraits, baby!) but I love the vibe you give off, I love your brand, I love that you open yourself up to the community photographers and you are who you are without apology. Thank you for sharing. And I agree with the previous commenter who said please don’t learn to edit out mistakes. They make us smile because everyone flubs. Have a great day. πŸ™‚

38. Gabrielle R.

December 29th, 2010 at 6:28 pm

Thanks, Jasmine. Those were all super helpful tips. I would agree with Abigail G’s question about group shots, though. Especially because I tend to shoot on manual.

39. LEOLAK

December 29th, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Oh this Rocked…and show did your mess ups! No editing those out please! You can talk as fast as you want…I understand you. lol Thanks for sharing the knowledge as always…love the new twist on it since we get to see your fabulous style too!

40. Liz

December 29th, 2010 at 6:32 pm

I love it! You are such a fabulous person and i really hope that we will see more of these videos. You Rock!

41. Sherri Buss

December 29th, 2010 at 6:35 pm

I love the reference to the shoes. A bad pair can really wreck your day! I wonder if there will be a pair of Tory Burch shoes left on the planet?? Between your endorsement and Oprah having them on her favourite things show! They must be comfy! Thanks for all you do Jasmine! I wish you all the best in 2011 for a happy and successful year

42. anda

December 29th, 2010 at 6:41 pm

jasmine star, you are a gift to so many. xo, a.

43. Jasmine*

December 29th, 2010 at 6:47 pm

@Gabrielle & Abigail: I actually posted a FAQ Post regarding formal group photos and you can find it here:
    Hope this helps! πŸ™‚

44. Julie O'Dell

December 29th, 2010 at 6:51 pm

I love that you are doing these! Keep it up! So helpful, so practical so fun!

45. Apple

December 29th, 2010 at 6:57 pm

I loooove you jas!:))

46. Silvana

December 29th, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Thanks Jasmine, love it.
    I’m trying to reschedule school and work to be able to meet you in the WPPI. I hope I can, love you. xoxo

47. Bethany Cox

December 29th, 2010 at 7:09 pm

thank you so much for the shoe advice. i feel like i am always unhappy with my wedding day shoe choice.

48. AnneMarie

December 29th, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Great video, especially the part about how you got started with wedding photography.

49. Katie Jane

December 29th, 2010 at 7:15 pm

LOVE these videos! Thank you for giving back so much to the photography community!!

50. Andrew Lipsett

December 29th, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Fantastic Jasmine! Thanks for sharing:)

51. Salwa

December 29th, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Thank you! Again! Times a zillion! I’ve been planning on trying to get some second-shooter jobs this season, so this post was incredibly well timed, I will definitely check out those forums! FWIW, I don’t remember the music in the last one and didn’t feel this one was lacking, so I’d say don’t sweat it πŸ™‚

52. Jenny

December 29th, 2010 at 7:35 pm

You are awesome! Thank you so much for doing these, I have so many questions I would love to ask you and these are really helping. I would really like to ask a question maybe you can answer in your next one. How did you become a destination wedding photographer? I dream of the day I get to photograph destination weddings. What are the steps you took becoming one?

53. Claudia

December 29th, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Your videos are too good that I want more…. can you please make them longer……… ha! Thanks …. πŸ™‚

54. Lila Purdy

December 29th, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Just watched your video and I could not stop laughing. You are definitely Hispanic. You talk a lot with your hands and you laugh when you mess up. Very awesome to see you being you and thanks for the "shooting star " videos.

55. Anna

December 29th, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Jasmine – thank you SOOOO much for being so informative and helpful to all of us aspiring photographers! Not a day goes by that I’m not on your blog, even on the rare days you don’t have an entry. You’re awesome and as much as I hate to sound like a groupie – I’M SUCH A HUGE FAN =)

56. Luciana Justice

December 29th, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Have learned tons from you girl! thank you so much for having an open heart!

57. Jeremy Corbin

December 29th, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Rock the flubs! It’s awesome that you do everything in one take. I think it makes you more real.

58. Bella

December 29th, 2010 at 8:05 pm

FAB-ulous!!! The shoe issue I was just dealing with today! Two weddings over the next two weekends… and I’m shoe shopping! Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to help us out! = )

59. LaRissa

December 29th, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Thanks so much for the wonderful Q+As!! I have one question – if you are a natural light photographer what do you use at the ceremony when the lights are low? I just shot a wedding and my camera had a hard time focusing because it was so dark. Thanks so much!

60. Lisa Cour

December 29th, 2010 at 8:36 pm

I thought this video was great! The music didn’t bother me, but its good without it. I completely agree that you have to take every advantage when you are dressed and done up. πŸ™‚

61. Camilla Photography

December 29th, 2010 at 8:50 pm

You’re so stinkin adorable!

62. Camilla Photography

December 29th, 2010 at 8:50 pm

You’re so stinkin adorable!

63. Lyne Inhoff

December 29th, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Love it! Just as much as the last one πŸ™‚
    The only thing that I missed was the little blips of music in the intro when the J * pops up. I liked that!

Thank you so much, as always, for everything you do! πŸ™‚

64. Sheila

December 29th, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Thanks for your candor and honesty, Jasmine. I like that these are fairy short and to the point!

65. Mirko Herzner

December 29th, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Really better without the music. Great info as usual. Don’t worry about speaking to fast. I am from Germany and can understand you perfectly.

66. Sheila

December 29th, 2010 at 9:24 pm

67. candee

December 29th, 2010 at 9:27 pm

This is great! Thanks so much for the info, I love this new series called shooting star!! Looking forward to more.

68. Mona Alicia

December 29th, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Thank you Jasmine! I love FAQs and I think this video worked better than the last one…so the changes you made I think are for the better. I really appreciate the way you put yourself out there for all of us to see, it’s refreshing and it helps. Hope you have a great day!

69. Elizabeth

December 29th, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Thank you so much Jasmine!!! I really enjoyed this and it was very helpful!!!

70. Jolene Bresney

December 29th, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Love it! Thanks for putting these videos together. Super informative and fun! Love me some "Tony Burch" πŸ˜‰ Cannot wait for the next one… Happy 2011!

71. Becky

December 29th, 2010 at 9:55 pm

I didn’t hear any made-up words πŸ˜‰

Thank you for your constant encouragement!

72. Josh Gruetzmacher

December 29th, 2010 at 10:08 pm

This is nice, thanks for sharing.

73. Elise

December 29th, 2010 at 10:18 pm

The mini-outline for the video topics is a great idea! Mess-ups are adorable!

74. Renee

December 29th, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Loved the ‘fake the funk’ reference. That cracked me up!

75. Bobbie Brown

December 29th, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Love it! Thanks for all informative info that you are always giving us πŸ™‚

76. Wendy

December 29th, 2010 at 10:58 pm

Thank you for posting this. I am a nervous wreck 5 minutes before a shoot starts but am calm and collected during. Weddings is something I want to get into but my gear right now is not the best. I know the gear you started with and I guess I can start with what I have but I worry that my one and only lens will not be able to get all the shots I’d need. So for now, I practice on friends and family and will have my ProPhotog blog up by Jan 1st. I’m making it happen, Baby!

P.S. You answered questions I didn’t know I had. Thank you! Seasons Greetings to you and your family!

December 29th, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Changing shoes can help so much at a long wedding! I wore three different pairs at my 13 hour wedding, and that saved my feet!

78. Steph

December 29th, 2010 at 11:05 pm

A) love the site & now the videos.
    B) I really love that you are one of the first photographers to actually "encourage" others to take the dive. Of course, with that incredible caveat of PRACTICE and setting expectations. Two huge players. I have seen so much discouragement in so many areas of photography. It’s very refreshing to see you helping so many others. I think it shows a level of confidence and security which make you who you are. Thanks again… it was all great information.

79. Thresha

December 29th, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Loving the videos!! Great info!

80. Kristen

December 29th, 2010 at 11:35 pm

what a great idea! Love the videos, nice backdrop too.

December 29th, 2010 at 11:36 pm

The best part about being your own boss = you can nap whenever you want, work in sweats with no make-up on, and wear your hair on the top of your head, pebbles style!
    GREAT job this time around! and I LOVED the small mistakes – keeps it real and what I LOVE about you.
    Thanks Jasmine…you ROCK!

82. a little bit of whimsy photography

December 29th, 2010 at 11:39 pm

As per your usual.. you did it and it works.. Keep them coming..

83. karey

December 29th, 2010 at 11:49 pm

tory burch should send you a wardrobe of free shoes for the shout out!

84. Emily Crall

December 29th, 2010 at 11:54 pm

I love that your videos are short because then I can grab the info quick and I don’t have to eat an entire jar of Nutella while I’m sitting down watching and watching and watching… Thanks for that! Also, so informative! Love your videos! Don’t ever try to fix the mistakes. You’re just too cute that it doesn’t matter.

85. Nicole

December 30th, 2010 at 12:14 am

You are beyond cute.

86. Jaclyne - Heavenly Blooms

December 30th, 2010 at 12:48 am

I am not even a photographer and I loved it Jas… It’s just so perfectly you…ans FYI – I wouldn’t have even noticed the Tony Burch flub : )

87. Lori Calhoun

December 30th, 2010 at 1:03 am

Loved it!

88. Josephine

December 30th, 2010 at 1:15 am

Hoorayyy! been looking forward this! Thanks much Jasmine! You are as fab as ever,too! and pretty contagious!!!

89. Armands

December 30th, 2010 at 1:16 am

Thank you very much for the video. I’m just getting in second shooting and your info is very valuable for me. I also purchased your creative live videos. AWESOME.
    Thanks Jasmine.

90. Carolyn Egerszegi

December 30th, 2010 at 1:36 am

Great job Jasmine! I was one of the few people who didn’t love your first video FAQ – but this one was much better! In particular, I loved the written bullet points of what you were going to discuss so I would know if it was all new to me or not (and all of it was… yay!) I also liked that you only discussed things that did not require image examples to illustrate your point because I really love seeing your work with explanations of how you do what you do (which you will hopefully continue in non-video FAQ posts??!) Finally… I loved that you did not include the music. Much better!! Thanks for always keeping it real and being so open Jasmine… although I do think you’re crazy for wearing heels to shoot a wedding. I hope JD gives awesome foot massages!!! ps – my favourite made up word from this video was "Subscribal". lol.

91. Carolyn Egerszegi

December 30th, 2010 at 1:39 am

I forgot to add that I agree with many others… please do NOT edit out your flubs. They are stinkin’ adorable!! Embrace your flaws because we all love you more for them. It reminds me of this quote "There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in." – Leonard Cohen

92. Jessica Hunt

December 30th, 2010 at 2:23 am

Awesome Video ! Thank you so much for all the advice πŸ™‚

93. Jennifer Parke

December 30th, 2010 at 2:53 am

LOVE this! Thank you so much for sharing! You are such an inspiration and it is so wonderful that you are willing to help other photographers! I look forward to more of these posts!

94. Adriana H.G.

December 30th, 2010 at 2:58 am

Thanks again for this, Jasmine, I do not have any critic at all. If anything, I’m just grateful you actually take time to do this, you’re really awesome! Thanks a lot. Love the videos! And you! πŸ™‚

95. Kim Pace

December 30th, 2010 at 3:00 am

Thanks again Jasmine.. Your personality is so real and genuine.. I hope you never edit out the mess up’s.. I love em..

96. Jenna Danelle

December 30th, 2010 at 4:56 am

I sooo LOVE these videos, don’t you dare change a thing, and roll with it! You being naturally you is part of the biggest appeal and draw to everything you do! Kelp it up girl we luv ya!

97. Sara

December 30th, 2010 at 5:19 am

I LOVE these!! Please keep doing them!! I love how you answer questions for people and they are questions we all need to know and wonder about. Thank YOU! πŸ™‚

98. Amanda Key

December 30th, 2010 at 5:31 am

You are so very cute! Love your personality! Love the videos!

99. Chung Nguyen

December 30th, 2010 at 5:51 am

"Subscribal." Teehee. Thanks for making these videos Jasmine – way AWESOME!

100. Linda W / Seattle

December 30th, 2010 at 6:05 am

You are such an open book and I AM GRATEFUL !

101. Wales Wong

December 30th, 2010 at 6:30 am

Your commentary on your screen capture is too funny =)

102. Rudi

December 30th, 2010 at 6:49 am

Way to go! It’s better without the music. Keep posting these one shot videos. It makes it even more personal. Thanks again for sharing your tips and tricks!

103. Rudi

December 30th, 2010 at 7:39 am

Hi Jasmine, I missed your comment on the screenshot when I commented. It really does look you smoked a few :-). If you ever want to visit Amsterdam [beside coffeeshops it has a beautiful old town] please feel free to drop in. I live only a few miles away.

104. natalie

December 30th, 2010 at 8:08 am

I looove these posts! Thanks for putting yourself out there and being such a wonderful inspiration:).

105. Kansas City Wedding Photographers

December 30th, 2010 at 10:54 am

LOVE IT!!!!

106. Holly

December 30th, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Thank you so much! You have given some really great advice. Local photographers seem so unwilling to help someone who might end up being their competition one day when I try to second shoot for them :[ I have been dying to find someone to let me shoot weddings with them. I’m going to go check out that forum right now.

107. Libby Kosciuszko

December 30th, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Great questions and even better answers! Off to scope out some new shooting shoes πŸ™‚

108. Andrea

December 30th, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Jasmine! You are absolutely adorable. I have a hard time slowing down my speech, so we definitely speak the same language.

Thank you for the great advice.

109. Christina

December 30th, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Another great video. THANK YOU!!!

110. ardean

December 30th, 2010 at 3:48 pm

Hi Jasmine – first time commenting from Toronto Ontario Canada!
    LOVE your work. You’re an inspiration and love this new video series. [btw – I like using Vimeo to upload videos – ’cause it lets you upload your own thumbnail for the video!]

111. laetitia

December 30th, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Ha Ha Ha, your comment on your photo in the video made me laugh a lot, thanks πŸ˜‰
    Nice video πŸ˜‰

112. Caryn Azure

December 30th, 2010 at 5:08 pm

Very informative, Jasmine! I’m on a never-ending quest for wedding shoes so your suggestions were very helpful – thanks so much!

113. Emily Crall

December 30th, 2010 at 5:10 pm

I already commented, but I have to ask again because I’m too lazy to go back in and find where you had it in the video: what brand of shoes are those black heels? Any additional information if I try to find them online?

Thanks!!! I’m making sure to subscribal to those links. πŸ™‚ Haha. Freakin’ love your videos!!

114. Aga Luczakowska

December 30th, 2010 at 6:33 pm

Great! I love this idea to post videos with answers! Good job Jasmin! Warm hugs from cold Poland!

115. Jewell

December 30th, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Thank you for being so open & honest about your start in the biz…it’s well appreciated!

116. Karen (Mikols) Bonar

December 30th, 2010 at 7:36 pm

AHA! Thanks for the shoe info! I’m always on the prowl for something cute I can work in that’s comfy πŸ™‚

117. cassandra-m

December 30th, 2010 at 9:05 pm

I am LOVING these videos soooooo much. Reading your blog is always my daily inspiration, but seeing you on my computer MAKES ME SMILE BIG and feel happy. These videos are a big hit. love love loving this girl. You continue to raise the bar for the rest of us….I love it! thanks for sharing, as always, your generosity is overwhelming.

118. Lindsay

December 30th, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Great great post, Jasmine. Thanks for the insight on second shooting.

119. Mark Z

December 30th, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Thank you for the video post.

120. patricia takacs

December 31st, 2010 at 1:52 am

I just wanted to say this makes me smile! I love listening to you!

121. Kelsey {Las Vegas Wedding Photographer}

December 31st, 2010 at 6:12 am

Adore your energy! TFS!

122. Jan Frieden

December 31st, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Interesting issue with the shoes – is JD wearing the same? πŸ˜‰ Wasn’t aware of that problem. Other way around female shooters have the advantage of not wearing sweaty suits.
    Greetings from Germany and have a nice NYE,

123. lmend

December 31st, 2010 at 2:43 pm

this format is awesome jasmine! not too short, not too long, loving the no music. thanks.

124. Becca

December 31st, 2010 at 2:55 pm

I LOVED this post! This one was extremely helpful as I’ve just booked my first wedding and and doing all this to get ready! Much thanks!!

125. ashley

December 31st, 2010 at 3:29 pm

that video was so helpful Jasmine. I was just asked to shoot my first wedding as well and I was so nervous I actually thought about declining, but I am going to "take the plunge" and get in the game!

126. Martha Davidson

January 1st, 2011 at 2:30 am

So Helpful Jasmine!! Like always. These video FAQ are making me so excited to meet you this January! Can’t wait.

p.s. I like that you do it all in one take!!

127. Emma Godfrey

January 1st, 2011 at 9:51 am

Awesome! I love the shoe advice and think you are so right about taking the plunge. I shot my first wedding in Aug 2010 and was terrified. The only thing that took the pressure off was that it was family and seriously budget – I did it for a new flash! My advice to others would also be to take the plunge. I knew that even with the mistakes I would inevitably make, I would get the funky, unique shots that they wanted because I knew them so well. Thanks Jasmine!

128. Lindsay Kipp

January 1st, 2011 at 9:45 pm

OH MY GOSH!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! I love the info you gave us (THANK YOU!) and I love how you did it! I love the little mistakes (if you can call it that) and im glad you didnt start over or edit it out, its nice to be able to see REAL people and that makes us feel not so silly when we make mistakes too πŸ™‚ Thanks so much for all your help!!!!! xoxo

129. Hannah Wilhoite

January 2nd, 2011 at 4:12 am

Love this! Very helpful, thank you!

130. june

January 2nd, 2011 at 5:29 am

thanks for the helpful advice, Jasmine! I love how the videos make them seem more personable πŸ™‚ and hey we all make mistakes so it’s okay to flub once in a while!

131. Melissa Serio

January 2nd, 2011 at 5:13 pm

I am officially hooked on your site! I saw you in the Professional Photographer magazine few months ago & the rest is history!

Awesome information and work!

132. Beth

January 3rd, 2011 at 12:07 am

Not saying everything perfectly makes you approachable and personable! And I’m glad someone asked about shoes – I wear shoes for their flexibility rather than their style, but I also want to look professional.

133. Paul Daniel Torridon-Stoneham

January 3rd, 2011 at 1:04 am

Thanks for the suggestions about second shooting at weddings Jasmine. I’ve been wondering how to get into wedding photography as this has been really inspirational. Love your photography and your blog. Keep up the great work πŸ™‚

134. Marie Skerl

January 3rd, 2011 at 4:38 am

Great advice! Thank you so much for sharing this! πŸ™‚ I am scheduled to shoot my first wedding this summer and am pretty nervous about it. Your words definitely calmed me a bit and I hope with some second shooting I will be ready to take the plunge! πŸ™‚

135. Charisma Moran

January 3rd, 2011 at 5:00 am

I LOVE the video! Very helpful! I had the same question about second shooting… I have done everything but weddings and I think I am at the point where second shooting weddings will be my next step. Also, great shoe advice!

136. Michelle

January 3rd, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Jasmine, thank you so much for your amazing words of wisdom!! I hope you know it helps SO much, especially people like me who are just starting out and have days where they just feel totally lost. This really does help!

137. alicia schneider

January 3rd, 2011 at 5:03 pm

love the videos!! Very Helpful!!

138. amanda thiessen

January 3rd, 2011 at 5:32 pm

thank you for being so open with your skillz! πŸ™‚

139. Danielle Aquiline

January 4th, 2011 at 2:07 am

Thanks, Jasmine, for being so forthcoming (as always)!

140. callie

January 4th, 2011 at 2:29 am

Love, love, love these FAQ installments – keep them up!

141. HAGAI

January 4th, 2011 at 7:22 am

Thanks jasmine very encouraging…

142. Emily Dobson

January 4th, 2011 at 4:28 pm

You crack me up. Love your transparency and love the videos! Keep ’em coming. πŸ™‚

143. claire

January 4th, 2011 at 4:44 pm

you are unbelievable! i just want to reach through the computer and give you a hug! thanks once again! c

144. Chelsey Somohano

January 4th, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Loved this-and those flats πŸ™‚

145. Jen

January 4th, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Love this J*…. You’re doing a fabulous job.

146. Χ¦Χ™ΧœΧ•Χ אירוגים

January 5th, 2011 at 4:45 am

Thats a good motivation/info movie for the begginers to the world of wedding photography.
    I remember how "frighten" I was at my first one…
    Moshe Samuel,Israel

147. Jackie

January 6th, 2011 at 7:41 am

Hi! I was wondering if the is free and how it all works. I am really wanting to start working on wedding photography and I am very interested in your explanations and so forth. I am currently a student and I am majoring in photography and fine arts. Your website and blog is definitely the most interesting and unique looking on out there that I know of. You are an inspiration and I thank you for sharing with everyone else.

148. Gina

January 7th, 2011 at 6:09 pm

thanks for the sites and advice!!!

149. Roxy Laker

January 7th, 2011 at 8:25 pm

WOW- shooting in heels – you really are amazing πŸ™‚ loving the podcast vibe, please keep them coming.

150. Odalys Mendez

January 7th, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Ahhhh, Jasmine!!! I’ve been wanting to shoot you an email ever since I watched the Creative Live videos, just to ask you how in the world do you shoot weddings in heels?! Thank you for sharing this info! I need to domsome serious shopping πŸ™‚

151. Lisa Anderson

January 18th, 2011 at 5:13 pm

I just started reading your blog, and I must say I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! You offer great advice and even better, you are yourself and you crack me up lol. I can’t wait to read more of your post πŸ™‚

152. Janelle Baptist

January 21st, 2011 at 1:18 am

Thanks for the photography site links! Always helpful to hear how people started πŸ™‚