St. Regis Monarch Beach Wedding : Monique+Mike

St. Regis Monarch Beach Wedding : Monique+Mike

Photography

There are times when it becomes about the wedding, and not the marriage. About the hue of the flowers in the bouquet, about every last strand of hair secured, about the position of the salad fork in relation to the dessert spoon. The wedding. And there are times when the entire day is about the love, care, and devotion. The marriage. Without a doubt, Mike and Monique’s wedding was about the marriage. And everyone knew it.

Monique floated from room to room in her suite overlooking the Pacific ocean laughing and complimenting her bridesmaids. Her toes wiggled on the cool tile floor as the hair stylist finished the last bit of teasing and curling, as she called out for another bottle of champagne. The moment required a toast, naturally. The girls raised their glasses and after Monique thanked them, she turned to Mike’s mom and promised she’d never break his heart, hurt him, or let him down. And, eeeeek!!, she was excited to one day have his children.

Mike sat just a few doors down in his St. Regis Monarch Beach suite and carefully opened her card. Monique sent him a gift, but took the time to write a heartfelt message. He wiped his eyes a few times, smiled, and lifted his new iPad from the gift bag. Mike walked around the hotel and resort like he was the luckiest man in the world…and he was. Because there, on Independence Day 2010, Mike was admitting his dependence on Monique. For all eternity.

Monique and Mike, from the moment we met, I felt like we were old friends. You ease into conversations, you’re warm, and you make any room you’re in glow with the certainty of love. Thank you for the distinct honor of being your wedding photographer and I can’t wait to see where life takes you. Together. Enjoy you’re honeymoon to France…be sure to eat a baguette, toast with lots of champagne, and kiss like the French! 😉 Much love and appreciation…. j*

And, yes, I d.i.e.d when I saw her Amsale wedding gown. Lurrrved it!

Bling. On the bouquet. And on the Jimmy Choo’s.

Monique and her bridesmaids looking extra done up and prettified with the help of Makeup by Berit and Tiffany Monday

Before we get to more wedding details, I need to give a shout out, big-ups, and holllllla to R. Jack Balthazar for the amazing florals and bouquets. I’ve been wanting to work with them since I started my business and they didn’t disappoint…oh, how I love details…

Monique, you’re gorgeous. I mean, totally.

And just in case you were having some doubts…here are two more! 😉

A few wedding photos before we started the St. Regis Monarch Beach wedding ceremony in the Botanical Garden…

I love wedding recessional pictures…

Just after the wedding ceremony, the light peeked out from behind the clouds and we were able to quickly shoot around the St. Regis Monarch Beach property.

JD took this picture. It’s why I pay him the big bucks! 😉

My angle…

JD’s angle…and it made me jealous…

Okay, so here’s where the day reeeeeeally picked up…the partay! Michelle Weita of Details, Details is phenomenal. No, really, whenever I work with Michelle, I know the day will be perfect. The wedding will go as planned, the details will be fabulous, and I’ll have everything I need before I know I need it. I can never say enough good things about Michelle and the entire Details, Details team. Here, the streamer-lined path leads to Club 19 where the wedding reception took place.

And this? This is the reaction Mike and Monique had to seeing the reception site on their wedding day. Every couple should be this excited! Again, huge thanks goes to Michelle, R. Jack Balthazar, and the entire St. Regis team for working tirelessly on making things perfect.

Because Monique changed into a new wedding dress, I wanted to snap a couple photos rocking her new look….

And THE CAKE! Mike Hampton is a professional Major League Baseball pitcher….and here I thought he was just regular ‘ole Mike! 😉 There were a few details paying homage to Mike’s roots, the cake topper being one of them.

The Grand Entrace, as captured by JD…

The First Dance…

Special thanks goes to Jeff of Moondance for being an amazing DJ…

I’ll end this post with JD’s photos of Mike and Monique dancing….because that’s precisely what they did. They danced the night away under a sky of fireworks, a bright moon, and an overwhelming sense of perfection.

To see more of Monique and Mike’s St. Regis Monarch Beach wedding, feel free to CLICK HERE for a slideshow!

comments

1. Molly -

holy WOW i love that dress! beautiful, jasmine!

7.9.10 - 4:37 pm

2. Delia -

Your photographs are so beautiful, it speaks a thousand words!

7.9.10 - 4:37 pm

3. anya -

Seriously, this bride is GORGEOUS!!! Simply BEAUTIFUL!! Love, Love, Love these photos! Great job!

7.9.10 - 4:37 pm

4. Kim Graham -

What a beautiful couple, perfect details, and amazing photos! TWO gorgeous dresses, wow! And the bride looks like she could be your sister….so pretty!

7.9.10 - 4:38 pm

5. Katelyn james -

Love love LOVE the shots of just her, up close. Beautiful jas!!!! xoxo

7.9.10 - 4:39 pm

6. Penny -

Fabulous as always!!

7.9.10 - 4:40 pm

7. Nelly Soares -

Wow, hello amazing! Love it, beautiful EVERYTHING…incredible job capturing it all as usual!

7.9.10 - 4:41 pm

8. Jessica -

holy cow…… i am actually speechless.

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous work Jasmine and JD.

7.9.10 - 4:42 pm

9. Cara Carlson -

Picking my jaw up off of the floor…STUNNING Bride, that dress!!! the flowers, location, details, handsome groom…W.O.W!! Gorgeous wedding and images!

7.9.10 - 4:43 pm

10. Krissy -

leaving me speechless…

7.9.10 - 4:43 pm

11. Kristin Tatem -

This is why you are my idol! These pictures are amazing. The light, the processing, the connection! Seriously amazing! My favorite shoot to date!

7.9.10 - 4:43 pm

12. Anouschka -

Simply GORGEOUS! Love the images and wow, what an amazingly beautiful bride!

7.9.10 - 4:45 pm

13. Candice {The Beautiful Mess} -

she is flawless! love these j* & jd!

7.9.10 - 4:46 pm

14. Arjelia -

Love your reflection on the ring, hee hee.

7.9.10 - 4:47 pm

15. After Yes -

Totally gorgeous!! Love both her dresses and Jimmy Choos. Drool.

7.9.10 - 4:47 pm

16. B -

GORG!

Um, why is her dress making me covet?!

7.9.10 - 4:47 pm

17. Amy Turner -

I just watched the slideshow – what a beautiful wedding, Monique is stunning – I always tear up looking at your photographs. Jasmine, you really do capture love. I am so inspired. Thank you.

7.9.10 - 4:48 pm

18. Jodi -

Serioulsy, the most beautiful wedding i have ever seen! You captured it perfectly. They will be totally wow’d by what you captured of their day.

7.9.10 - 4:48 pm

19. Evie Perez -

These are so adorable!! You truly captured the true essence between these two and their wedding. What a goregous couple and Congrats to them!!! Love the cake topper.

7.9.10 - 4:49 pm

20. Kim -

great photos. the bride is so gorgeous, and i can feel the love in all the pics. i also see your reflection in the first shot… in the wedding band. sneaky! hehe.

7.9.10 - 4:49 pm

21. Beca Essing -

this is the most beautiful wedding i have ever seen pictures of. the dress is absolutely stunning and every detail is breathtaking. j* you are an inspiration to anyone in this business. thank you just doesn’t seem like enough…

7.9.10 - 5:04 pm

22. Colleen -

I’ve been following your blog for an year…loving it….you have given this 54 yr old business woman the courage to start taking photos for cash. Thank you for replacing the fear with a dream. You are THE BEST OF THE BEST!! always….but this round I must say something out loud…..WOW….to these photos…to both you and JD. I must now find the courage to come to a photo event sometime and thank you in person for sending me courage to dream.

7.9.10 - 5:12 pm

23. Lorraine Daley -

Jasmine, the thing I love the most about your work is how absolutely gorgeous the light and crispness of each photo looks. You don’t need to do all the trendy actions, which is so nice….just beautiful, clean, well-lit, fashion forward, emotional images!

7.9.10 - 5:20 pm

24. Melissa Papaj Photography -

Wow! What an amzing wedding! I think this is your best one yet! How do you always get such beautiful clients? She is gorgeous! You ROCK Jasmine…thanks for always inspiring and never disappointing…

7.9.10 - 5:23 pm

25. Mavi -

Gorgeous wedding, stunning couple and breathtaking photos J*…as always!! I just love all your posts. Thanks again for all the inspiration!

7.9.10 - 5:25 pm

26. Melissa Niu -

Holy Moly…..gorgeous couple. And the dress??? Great shots you guys!!!!!

7.9.10 - 5:26 pm

27. valerie -

Where on earth did she get that dress? It’s BEAUTIFUL!! Love this set! Stunning

7.9.10 - 5:27 pm

28. Romonia I. -

Their wedding was absolutely beautiful and you captured it marvelously! I remember their engagement shoot but man oh man Monique you were a GORGEOUS bride and you are a gorgeous woman! Stunner! 😉 Beautiful images and I wish them the best in life, love & happiness! Great shots J*!

7.9.10 - 5:30 pm

29. Dawn McCarthy -

STUNNING couple! Wow! Beautiful images, as always. : )

7.9.10 - 5:34 pm

30. Kirsten -

You don’t have to post this, but you called her Michelle above the picture where she had changed her dress. Just thought I’d let you know in case you wanted to change it 🙂

Amazing shots–I can picture this wedding being featured in a magazine soon!

7.9.10 - 5:36 pm

31. NENA -

Your clients are always so beautiful and your photography captures their love. You are always amazing!! =-)

7.9.10 - 5:38 pm

32. gladys jem -

she’s beautiful, and this wedding is beautiful. my favorite is the one of him carrying her dress and she’s looking back. so classic looking! every time you post a new wedding, i just get more excited for mine! lucky to have you as our photog! xox

7.9.10 - 5:43 pm

33. Regina White -

Seriously who is that georgeous and gets to live to tell about it. What a beautiful bride. JD DOGG your rockin it BOYYY! Betta watch it J he’s gonna go solo. j/k he will stick with ya. That’s why you pay him the big bucks.
    These images are supreme. You two captured these memories for them fabulously.

7.9.10 - 5:46 pm

34. Erica -

This wedding is absolutely beautiful. They look gorgeous, and you did an amazinggg job capturing it!

7.9.10 - 5:54 pm

35. inland Empire Wedding Photographer -

Wow Jasmine your PJ stuff is looking really good. It’s almost like you are becoming more PJ.

7.9.10 - 5:56 pm

36. Tania -

You are both amazingly talented photographers. Stunning work. Just like you couldn’t wait to work with the florist… I cannot wait to be able to work with you Jasmine! One day…

7.9.10 - 5:57 pm

37. Lacy Dagerath -

Heeey! He plays for the Astro’s with a guy I grew up with! 🙂 Its crazy how worlds collide! 🙂 Great shots as always… Simply Beautiful!! 🙂 I think she resembles you…by the way! 😀

7.9.10 - 6:06 pm

38. Deyla Huss Photography -

Gorgeous!!! I mean WO WO WOWWW

7.9.10 - 6:12 pm

39. emily scott -

my most recent bride used a parasol too! love it and i love seeing how you used it.
    also, this wedding was stunning. and you rocked it!! rawr.

7.9.10 - 6:26 pm

40. Marissa Rodriguez -

WHOA! First of all, I got goosebumps reading this post! and then I smiled the entire time looking at the photos….and THEN goosebumps again during the slide show WHILE smiling! 🙂 You can feel their love through these photos! So gorgeous Jasmine!

7.9.10 - 6:28 pm

41. Tamara -

Every time I look at your photographs, for a moment, my mind wonders off, and I am right there, watching the happy couple on their wedding day. I don’t see photographs. I feel the moment.

7.9.10 - 6:30 pm

42. Alli Mc -

Gorgeous couple, gorgeous wedding, and of course…gorgeous images!

7.9.10 - 6:31 pm

43. Laura Braun -

Simply gorgeous, as always!! Everything you photograph is gold! One question – how on earth do you get your ring shots so SHARP?! It looks like you use a long lens (I can see your whole body’s reflection in his ring). What’s your secret?

7.9.10 - 6:35 pm

44. CA -

I love that I can see your knees in the ring. 🙂

7.9.10 - 6:37 pm

45. Laura James -

I must know who designed the wedding dress?? Love it.

7.9.10 - 6:48 pm

46. Marissa Nicole -

These are ah-mazing! I just shot my first wedding a few weeks ago and now I look at your pictures differently than before. Now I can really put myself to the test.

7.9.10 - 6:55 pm

47. Christina Dely -

My all-time-favorite wedding you have shot to date!!! Mike’s always have great weddings 😉

7.9.10 - 7:19 pm

48. AndreaK -

Simply divine! Her ceremony dress is amazing. These photos make me swoon. Beautiful as always 🙂

7.9.10 - 7:27 pm

49. Life with Kaishon -

Wow. What a perfect day.
    She is drop dead gorgeous.
    I especially loved the rings. And her dress : ) and the details, details, details.
    I loved everything.

7.9.10 - 7:32 pm

50. JamieY -

I love them, beautiful couple seriously, I love how the skin always looks in your pictures, AMAYZIN

7.9.10 - 7:35 pm

51. Lydia -

I adore the pictures of them with the parasol! Wow!

7.9.10 - 7:37 pm

52. Joe+Kathrina -

Your photos always make want to get out there and shoot! You’re amazing. Plain and simple. This couple is gorrrgeous!

7.9.10 - 7:42 pm

53. Cheryl McDonald -

My, my, oh my! Heavenly details, striking couple, absolute excellence Jasmine!

7.9.10 - 8:03 pm

54. Julie Blair -

Wow, what a gorgeous couple! And that dress is awesome! And JD is pretty handy with that camera! Beautiful images as usual Jasmine.

7.9.10 - 8:18 pm

55. Rose Dykstra -

WOWZERS! Gorgeous couple, that wedding dress is stunning and I especially love the bw shot where he is checking out his new wife! What a lovely day you guys had!

7.9.10 - 8:23 pm

56. tamsen donker -

amazingly gorgeous inspiring wedding! wow!

7.9.10 - 8:26 pm

57. Molly Kate -

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! The bride, dresses, and details. What an amazing wedding and photographs!

7.9.10 - 8:34 pm

58. Christina Lee -

Seriously Jasmine, your photography is DELICIOUS!
    (I don’t EVER use that word by the way, so that’s pretty darn cool, for what it counts.;)
    I love how smooth yet sharp your images are and the lighting is always superb!

7.9.10 - 8:34 pm

59. kymberli q. -

Holy cow, that dress is one of the most beautiful wedding gowns I’ve ever seen! I would have never taken it off – I would have grocery shopped in it! LOL

Beautiful images!!

7.9.10 - 8:37 pm

60. Libertad Leal -

Amazing images as always!! What beautiful location and the bride! My God she is gorgeous! I knew the groom looked familiar! he used to play for the Astros, my husband is a huge fan, we live in Houston and have religiously been to every single opening day game for the past 15 years!

7.9.10 - 8:38 pm

61. Angel Canary -

What a beautiful bride and a stunning wedding! You did a great job! 😉

7.9.10 - 8:45 pm

62. Monique the Bride -

I got my dress in NY at Amsale. I love it!!!!
    Thanks Jasmine for another amazing shot!

7.9.10 - 8:48 pm

63. kelly marie -

your skills rock my world!

7.9.10 - 8:48 pm

64. Mindy Metivier -

OMG!!! GORGEOUS!!!! Love it, love it, love it!!!

7.9.10 - 9:05 pm

65. Jennifer O. -

Holy crap! She is absolutely stunning!

7.9.10 - 9:17 pm

66. Cait -

These are gorgeous as usual….I love her dress and the colors 🙂

7.9.10 - 9:18 pm

67. Cassie Jacklin -

uhmmmmm. Freakin’ wow!
    Gorgeous couple, gorgeous venue, gorgeous details. OM-GEEE I only aspire to have clients like this one day! Jasmine and JD you rock!

7.9.10 - 9:20 pm

68. Jeff Holmes -

Jasmine & JD, Wow! fabulous pictures and you really captured the day. They really are a very cool and grounded couple and it really was an honor to have been apart of this amazing wedding along with you and everyone else that put this grand event in motion. Of course me being a DJ, I just have to say that I love the song you used for the slide show, please you must tell me who it is. Until next time….

7.9.10 - 9:22 pm

69. LEOLAK -

Breathtaking – the bride, the wedding, the photos….everything! WOW! She was working every look! I love that wedding topper! J* you are truly talented….so is JD! Question..I apologize if you’ve answered this before but do you use a UV filter on your lens at all? The come through so crystal clear sharp…I know there’s mixed views on the use and non-use of filters. Just curious.

7.9.10 - 9:27 pm

70. Jacilyn M -

Absolutely my favorite! Love everything. And JD is so impressive, you lucky woman, you! I need more and more and more!

7.9.10 - 9:28 pm

71. Ginger Murray -

That DRESS…. the colors… the cake… LOVE this wedding. Congrats to the happy couple!
    Really lovely photos, Jasmine… as always!

7.9.10 - 9:43 pm

72. Jeanne -

Your photos are always wonderful, but my favorite part is always the little stories that personalize the couple. You’re a very good writer, as well as photographer.

7.9.10 - 10:30 pm

73. Karen Taggart -

I want to get remarried so you can photograph our wedding! Stunning!!!

7.9.10 - 10:31 pm

74. Sarah Danaher -

So beautiful.

7.9.10 - 10:52 pm

75. Vanessa Paris -

Perfect. From the very first image my jaw dropped. Wow!! Amazingly gorgeous couple and sensational images. Going to have another look!!

7.9.10 - 11:40 pm

76. Amber -

Talk about dream wedding! Here is it! Excuse me as I pick my jaw back up off the ground!

7.9.10 - 11:57 pm

77. Hanh Nguyen -

GORGEOUS!!! I have been staring at this post and everything is just perfect. The dress…the flowers…the couple! Just beautiful! Like always…Awesome job Jasmine and JD! LOVE it!

7.10.10 - 12:09 am

78. Tammy -

That ceremony dress is to die for!

7.10.10 - 1:24 am

79. Tracey -

Gah these photos are porcelain! They are so perfect, they seem fragile. My mouth is dry from hanging open in astonishment of yours’ and JD’s talent. I will wish everyday, to someday, capture the light like this.

7.10.10 - 2:18 am

80. Linda Sherrill -

Absolutely stunning work…
    (as usual)…I love the dress~

7.10.10 - 4:11 am

81. Erica Velasco -

Beautiful! great light! Loved her dress and shoes if course!

7.10.10 - 4:50 am

82. Leani -

This is my favourite wedding by far, everything was so beautiful. You captured it perfectly! <3

7.10.10 - 7:24 am

83. Girish -

Very nice photographs.

Great shots of the details. I really like to way you clean your photographs up. Specially the skin tones and light. Keep it up.

7.10.10 - 7:52 am

84. Holli True -

Oh. My. Goodness. I am in awe, Jasmine. Seriously!! Um, hello magazine publication. The image of Monique looking back at the camera as Mike is holding her dress- that is like a campaign waiting to happen. You seriously rocked this wedding! Amazing!!

7.10.10 - 8:08 am

85. Kim -

Beautiful wedding! But…I could definitely put that money to better use..:)

7.10.10 - 8:29 am

86. Tami -

Great photos. Love the dress…looks just like the dress Molly wore when she married Jason Mesnick "The Bachelor."

7.10.10 - 8:34 am

87. Whitney Law -

she looked FLAWLESS. what a stunning bride. yowza, fo’ real.

7.10.10 - 9:43 am

88. Grace -

She is absolutely stunning. And your photos are amazing too! JD managed to capture really wonderful moments. Now all I gotta do is work my husband into 2nd shooter material!

7.10.10 - 12:01 pm

89. Cathy Crawley -

These photos are divine Jasmine! What a gorgeous wedding and couple. Is it just me or does the bride look a little like you? She certainly has your trademark laugh 😉

7.10.10 - 1:32 pm

90. Lora Ayers -

Dearest Jasmine *

Please in your next FAQ will you share about your ring shots? What lens? any cropping? It’s amazing!

7.10.10 - 3:41 pm

91. CANADA -

I am so in love with this wedding.
    Could the bride be anymore beautiful?!

7.10.10 - 4:13 pm

92. Pamela Topping -

Most gorgeous wedding ever! And so beautifully captured 🙂 The bride looks straight out of a magazine, stunning!

7.10.10 - 10:22 pm

93. amanda -

As usual AMAZING!!!

7.11.10 - 6:40 am

94. Mireille -

Jasmine what a great showcase for your work. This Wedding has got everything. Beautiful couple, stunning location, amazing details, lovely wedding party and a lot of love coming through in every photograph.

7.11.10 - 10:36 am

95. Andrea Husted -

OMGoodness… could this couple be any more beautiful!?!! Such a stunning wedding and so beautifully captured by you, as always 🙂 You are stars, Jasmine & JD!

7.11.10 - 1:50 pm

96. Shannon K. -

{sigh}Simply breathtaking.

7.11.10 - 7:27 pm

97. Ivan Luckie -

Jasmin I can feel the emotion through your pictures, great job!!

7.11.10 - 8:27 pm

98. Matthew Kent -

Yep, I’m jealous of JD’s shot as well..

7.11.10 - 9:27 pm

99. s h e r r y -

UGH, these are AMAZING. Monique is GORGEOUS! And I adore her Amsale gown <3 <3

7.12.10 - 1:05 am

100. Deborah Zoe -

These are beautiful! I especially love the one where she is looking back and he’s holding the dress. Oh and the umbrellas, LOVE the umbrellas!

7.12.10 - 3:27 am

101. Angela Waterberg -

Totally stunning 🙂 Love the shot of the grand entrance!

7.12.10 - 5:49 am

102. Katy Beckham -

O-M-G. It must be difficult being that ridiculously good looking. And that dress. Awesome shots J* and JD!

7.12.10 - 4:32 pm

103. Inga-Mae -

HER DRESS is MY FAVORITE EVER so far!! I love how perfect this couple captures on camera! you truly captured true love!

7.12.10 - 5:39 pm

104. Erin Michelle -

Man, they are gorgeous! I love JD’s shots and your photos of all the details are stunning. I wish I was there!

7.13.10 - 3:33 am

105. Chanique -

LOVE these photos Jas! Especially the portraits of Monique

7.13.10 - 8:58 pm

106. Karen Stott -

Wowsers…these are absolutely phenomenal. Monique is just stunning and the decor is total eye candy. Love it!

7.14.10 - 5:47 am

107. clarissa nash -

OMG! she’s so stunning. These pics are amazing and she’s so…STUNNING.

7.14.10 - 7:31 am

108. Ellis -

Love, love , love <3 Great job 😉

7.14.10 - 3:15 pm

109. AshleyJ -

These pictures make be believe in Happily Ever After. Thanks J*

7.14.10 - 9:26 pm

110. asme -

i’m really impressed with your work jasmine…have a nice day n goodluck

7.15.10 - 4:55 am

111. TracyWB -

Wowza! Gorgeous details. Gorgeous photos. Gorgeous bride and groom. Doesn’t get much better!

7.15.10 - 6:04 am

112. Truc -

Just wow. The bride couldn’t be more stunning and this wedding couldn’t be more beautiful. I’m completely in love.

7.15.10 - 1:10 pm

113. Michael -

It all starts with a great couple and flows from there!

7.15.10 - 7:13 pm

114. Carmen Plaisance -

Beautiful bride and beautiful EVERYTHING!!

7.15.10 - 7:42 pm

115. Barbara Yasuhara -

WOW WOW WOW !!! Wow bride, WOW dress, WOW YOU!!! Felicidades!

7.17.10 - 7:38 am

116. Angie Mack -

Every. Thing. Is soooo eye candy! You’re an AMAZING artist!

7.19.10 - 7:48 pm

117. The Hens Nest -

Just incredble.
    THN

7.21.10 - 9:40 am

118. B fiji -

they are the HOTTESTcouple ive ever seen! ..apart from u & JD of course 😉

8.6.10 - 4:47 am

119. Destination Wedding Photographer -

Beautiful job as always Jasmine! Ya gotta love destination weddings… i call them portfolio weddings lol

2.2.12 - 7:25 pm